Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He was doing okay at the end of last year but he wasnt being asked to win games, rather, he was being asked not to lose the games. Sure, when you have the Vikes' running game, you don't have to ask your QB to do much but, if I were a Vikings fan, I would not like the idea of either Sage or TJ as my starting QB.
I can probably say that all the viking fans on this board don't want them to be starting but we know better to get our hopes up to see Childress go out and trade for Quinn, Cutler, and Cassel this off season. So we just realize and become content with what we have and hope for the best..I doubt its the vikings trying to trade for quinn because I know Speilman likes his draft picks and trading the first round draft pick in two years in a row is unlikely for him. If it is the Vikings than we will have a stable QB for years..but Im not getting my hopes up.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Midway, for every issue that Winslow had in Cleveland Braylon has just as many, not to mention the fans pretty much hate the guy.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
You underestimate Lord Derek Anderson and his laser rocket arm and is the best scrambler since mike vick.
I don't think I've seen Derek Anderson scramble since his first appearance where he scrambled for like 20 something yards.
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winslow was traded because of his knee, not the management. Even when Winslow left, he thought he was well treated in Cleveland.

The Browns did a ton for Winslow. After his motorcycle accident, they could have basically taken back his entire bonus. They did not.

This is a giant misconception.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Jets trading #17 for Quinn would make much sense given Tannenbaum had the opportunity to draft him and passed on him for Darrelle Revis that year. Unless they really don't like the value there or somehow their opinion of Quinn has changed (which I doubt) it just doesn't seem likely they'll trade a first for him now after passing on him in the draft a couple years ago.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Midway, for every issue that Winslow had in Cleveland Braylon has just as many, not to mention the fans pretty much hate the guy.
That's pretty understandable.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why dont they keep Quinn an trade Anderson?
or does no one want Anderson?
i dont keep track of the browns..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

I know MIN just sent HOU a pick, but could MIN package Sage & #22 for Quinn?

That would give CLE another 1st & a quality backup, MIN gets a starting QB and eliminates the threat of having to cut JD Booty.

I think that trade makes sense, but I'm not sure about MIN cause they did just trade for Sage.
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
Oh yeah, I kind of forget about that.

I thought that was over though?
I don't think that will ever be over. BB and Pioli actually really like eachother, same goes for BB and McDaniels ( I assume McDaniels and Piloi still like eachother as well, but I haven't read anything about that). Don't get me wrong, I'd love Braylon on the Pats, but I don't think it will happen.
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree.

Edwards never did tricks on a motorcycle, permanently affecting his career.

And if Edwards produces anywhere near the level he did in '07, the fans will love him. Saying they hate him is pretty ridiculous.
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't say all the fans hate him. I still like him (it could be that I have a Braylon jersey and I don't want to have to get another one).

And all this stuff about Brady Quinn not throwing downfield. He can throw it down field he just hasn't felt the need to force it. I think once he gets comfortable he will be able to throw the deep pass. Maybe not like Derek's lazor beamz but they will still be decent.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He was doing okay at the end of last year but he wasnt being asked to win games, rather, he was being asked not to lose the games. Sure, when you have the Vikes' running game, you don't have to ask your QB to do much but, if I were a Vikings fan, I would not like the idea of either Sage or TJ as my starting QB.
You answered it yourself, with AD your passing game doesn't have to do much. If he just built on his play from the end of the season while developing better chemistry with berrian and got better play from Rice that passing game would be able to keep team's honest which would be enough for AD to run wild.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really understand why Cleveland feels the need to get rid of Quinn.

I find it interesting that last year the Browns didn't have a pick until the 4th round. This year, they could potentially have 3 picks in the first.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
I think it has to do with contract. If Quinn is a bust they still have to bite the buller for 3+ years. With Anderson he only has two years left if that, if he sucks this year they can either bench him and make him a backup or possibly outright cut him without taking a massive cap hit.
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No one wants DA because he's so inconsistent.
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Trading Anderson and keeping Quinn would be ideal. But I don't know if anyone wants Derek Anderson. Look no further than on here. I have never seen anyone express the slightest interest in acquiring Derek Anderson.

I think everything being done in this offseason process is in an effort to get Anderson value, so they can move him.
Somse
Rookie

Somse smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Winslow was traded because of his knee, not the management. Even when Winslow left, he thought he was well treated in Cleveland.

The Browns did a ton for Winslow. After his motorcycle accident, they could have basically taken back his entire bonus. They did not.

This is a giant misconception.
He thought he was well-treated in Cleveland?

Quote:
A big reason I'm upset right now has to do with" the staph infection, Winslow told the Plain Dealer after Sunday's loss to the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field. "I heard from [Coach] Romeo Crennel, and I heard from my position coach [Alfredo Roberts] when I was in the Clinic. I heard from my teammates. But I never heard from the main man--Phil Savage--and that really disappoints me. Sometimes I don't even feel a part of this team.

"I feel I've done a lot for this team, played through a lot of pain and given it my all. I just thought there'd be a little more, 'How are you doing?' by him."
Somse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColtScout View Post
I think it has to do with contract. If Quinn is a bust they still have to bite the buller for 3+ years. With Anderson he only has two years left if that, if he sucks this year they can either bench him and make him a backup or possibly outright cut him without taking a massive cap hit.
Quinn's contract is almost entirely based on incentives attached to playing time. The guy makes like $2 million per year on the bench.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trading Anderson and keeping Quinn would be ideal. But I don't know if anyone wants Derek Anderson. Look no further than on here. I have never seen anyone express the slightest interest in acquiring Derek Anderson.

I think everything being done in this offseason process is in an effort to get Anderson value, so they can move him.
Nobody wants Anderson, so they trade Quinn? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somse View Post
He thought he was well-treated in Cleveland?
Watch his press conference when he got to Tampa.

The Browns could have taken his entire bonus after that accident and they did not.

The staph infection was a small blip in his career in Cleveland.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

Quote:
Quinn's contract is almost entirely based on incentives attached to playing time. The guy makes like $2 million per year on the bench.
But doesn't he have 3 or 4 years left on his rookie deal. 1st rounders tend to sign 5 or 6 year deals.

I believe Anderson only has this season and next season left on his deal. Next season might even be an option.

Point is, they can find their future franchise QB much faster by trading Quinn if Mangini has decided Quinn is not the guy. Anderson can be kept as a backup for just one season compared to Quinn possibly being a backup for 3+ seasons. I could be wrong.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
It could be all a ploy to get Anderson's value up. Mangini and Kokinis seem to be really good at keeping things on the down low. The Winslow trade was a huge surprise. I feel like everything they tell the public has a reason. If they say Anderson and Quinn are going to compete they're basically saying they're pretty much at the same level. If Quinn gets a 1st or something then Anderson should get something around there.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
No, they sell the idea that Anderson COULD be their starter, which would somehow convince other teams that he must be decent.

Personally, I think the whole thing is stupid.

I will be very surprised if Quinn is dealt. He fits what Mangini wants to do very well; smart decisions, ball control, poise.

Anderson doesn't.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
It could be all a ploy to get Anderson's value up. Mangini and Kokinis seem to be really good at keeping things on the down low. The Winslow trade was a huge surprise. I feel like everything they tell the public has a reason. If they say Anderson and Quinn are going to compete they're basically saying they're pretty much at the same level. If Quinn gets a 1st or something then Anderson should get something around there.
Quote:
No, they sell the idea that Anderson COULD be their starter, which would somehow convince other teams that he must be decent.

Personally, I think the whole thing is stupid.

I will be very surprised if Quinn is dealt. He fits what Mangini wants to do very well; smart decisions, ball control, poise.

Anderson doesn't.
Seriously you guys. If you two can figure this out (by which I mean no disrespect), don't you think this entire ploy is a litte too see-through for NFL GM's? If this is some ploy to nudge up Anderson's value it's something that could end up blowing up in Mangini's face.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree.

Edwards never did tricks on a motorcycle, permanently affecting his career.

And if Edwards produces anywhere near the level he did in '07, the fans will love him. Saying they hate him is pretty ridiculous.
It's not ridiculous at all considering every single Browns fan I know does not like him.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote