Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 NHL Draft/Free Agency discussion

The best postseason in all of sports, the Stanley Cup Playoffs, will be starting now. One team will be crowned champion.

But all 30 teams will be using the NHL Draft and free agency to get better so that they can achieve that feat in the '09-'10 season.

The 2009 NHL Draft lottery takes place this Tuesday, April 14th 8pm et live on TSN and Versus.

May 25 - 30 is when the NHL Combine occurs.

The 2009 NHL Draft will be held in the Bell Centre in Montreal, on June 26 - 27.

July 1st marks the beginning of free agency signing period.

Discuss.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Burke please dont sign the Sedins,save the money for Nash next year

O and Betteman rig it so the Leafs move up..... PLEASE
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leafs have a 4.7% chance of winning the lottery, which would bump them to the 3rd overall pick. Crazy as it sounds, I have hope it can happen. That's not too bad a shot.

I would love to sign the Sedins, although would love Nash [in 2010] more but don't think he leaves Columbus. The Jackets will lock him up to a mega deal, they are a much better situation than the Leafs right now anyways.

I like Cammalleri, but Toronto isn't the best fit for him, I don't think. Gaborik might cost too much - as could Bouwmeester, who I'm not crazy about and would rather avoid overpaying, I think he's overrated. Although yes, the Leafs need more lefty defensemen.

Last edited by Geo : 04-12-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Erik Karlsson is god. That is all.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a list of FAs to be come July 1st...
http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2009-n...s-by-position/
Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Would there be enough interest to conduct an NHL offseason mock. There would be a resigning period, followed by a FA period and then eventually followed by the draft(maybe only do 2 rounds) with trades as well. People could double up on teams if need be and we would need one commish who has extensive knowledge of the NHL who would have the final say on the terms of the signings and who signs where.

Edit: sorry for the triple post
Old 04-12-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd do an MHL mock off-season, it would be pretty cool.

I hate the Leafs for playing themselves out of Tavares contention, but the consolation prize won't be horrible. I wouldn't mind the Swedish guy with two names or Luke's brother

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Tavares wins at life.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

I suppose the good thing about the Sens finishing 9th is that we got the last spot in the lottery and therefore we can only go up. Ha I will laugh if we end up with a higher pick than the Leafs tomorrow night.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Grier, Alexei Semenov are the only important starters we need to keep.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:16 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is to hoping Calgary resigns Cammalleri.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:28 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw, if we can't get Grier cheap then I hope we get Samuel Pahlsson
Old 04-13-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Duchene is gonna be a star. I love him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with franzen signed we just need to worry about hossa. detroit could have a 09/10 roster that is a lot different than this seasons.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a huge hocley fan, but i think that the Wild need to sign the Sedin boys....
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I'm not a huge hocley fan, but i think that the Wild need to sign the Sedin boys....
i don't know how well they would work for your team. the wild play very defensively and already have a bunch of small fast guys up front.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I wonder if Lemaire stepping down doesn't actually help the Wild's chances of re-signing Gaborik. He wasn't going to come back with Lemaire there, but then again his leaving might not mean anything if the team doesn't change much.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will surely help, but my guess is he'll prefer to sign with an offensive team, where he could finally showcase all of his immense talent.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
It will surely help, but my guess is he'll prefer to sign with an offensive team, where he could finally showcase all of his immense talent.
hossa should call gaborik and convince him to take a ridiculously low contract to come to detroit :D

i can dream.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Pens resign Guerin, and either sign Kovalev back, and/or Cammalleri as free agents. I would resign Sykora, but he has to prove to not be so hot and cold.

I want Zack Kassian in a Penguin uniform at the draft.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit will probably squeeze Hossa in under the cap and ignore their goaltending issues, like history suggests.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I wonder if Lemaire stepping down doesn't actually help the Wild's chances of re-signing Gaborik. He wasn't going to come back with Lemaire there, but then again his leaving might not mean anything if the team doesn't change much.
I wondered the same thing, but if he turned down a contract that was reportedly 8 years 80M total I doubt he's coming back. It'll be like the Hossa situation last year where he takes less to have a shot at the cup.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Hopefully Matt Hobey Gilroy to the Flyers :)
Old 04-13-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Kings don't win the lottery, I would gladly take Duchene, Schenn, MSP or Kane.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
There's a rumor that LA will sign Gaborik, but haven't they implemented a strong defensively-responsible system themselves? Money talks though, I guess.

I mentioned this before, but I don't think the Sedins leave Vancouver. Again, I would be ecstatic if Toronto could sign them. They are a rare case where you can feel confident in spending major money because of their (1) production (2) consistency (3) guaranteed chemistry on your first line, given their unique situation/package deal. I don't think they're as soft as they used to be years ago either, although the rep probably still dogs them.

The good thing is that Burke and Nonis would know firsthand whether they should bring them to Toronto, if the opportunity can present itself. Again, I don't think they leave Vancouver.