Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He's already been slated to play NT.

As someone said, if they adopt the one gap scheme...he could potentially be Ratliff esque. We'll have to wait and see what they do here, though.
Tank Tyler on a radio show today said he would be the NT. wtfzz KCzzz
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

I liked Justin Harell since he was drafted but I just think he landed in a bad situation. The Packers were stacked at DT when he got there and he never really got a shot at a starting job and now he has to play as a 3-4 DE where I think he might succeed because he has the measurables for it at 6'4" and 320 pounds. COming into the NFL he was known as a run stuffer who could penetrate the backfield and he fell because of injury so I still think he has potential seeing as he has only been pro for 2 years.
That is not at all true. I'm not the typical Packer fan that hates Harrell, I've actually been of fan of the pick since before it was made, but you are dead wrong.

His rookie year he sat out of training camp because he was still recovering from his torn bicep. He also injured his ankle early in the season and missed 5 games. 2008 he was placed on the PUP list before training camp even started and didn't come back until week 6.

It wasn't that he landed in a bad situation and we didn't give him a chance, it's that he hasn't been able to stay on the field. Even when he has been on the field he has been 100%, which led to him being very unimpressive. He needs to go without injuring himself this offseason, come into training camp healthy, and then he can start trying to earn playing time.

Problem is that he's too much of a liability right now to go into the season with him as our starter. He gets hurt too much and he hasn't proven anything in the NFL yet. There's a good chance we take a DE in the first three rounds of the draft. We also still have Johnny Jolly who could beat him out. Nothing is going to be given too him. I'm not ready to call him a bust and think he could be a pretty good 3-4 DE if he gets his **** together, but he has a long way to go.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
If he is listed at 6'4 320 he would be better of playing NT then DE. When I think of 3-4 DE usually its the smaller DT with speed, but that are still strong to hold the point, pretty much Tampa 2 DT.
That's because you're just looking at size. Harrell is much better suited for 3-4 DE than NT.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^
Yeah injuries played a part as well but I am saying that the Packers had Corey Williams and Ryan Pickett along with 2 or 3 others who's names I can't remember. The combination of veterans in front of him and injuries haven't really given him a chance to show his worth.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
I'd do that if it was only for our 1st
You have to be kidding. He was the top player in the draft last year by most accounts, and we nearly took him with the third pick over a franchise quarterback.

I'd gladly give our first and a third or a first and future second or third round pick (depending on production).

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
^^^
Yeah injuries played a part as well but I am saying that the Packers had Corey Williams and Ryan Pickett along with 2 or 3 others who's names I can't remember. The combination of veterans in front of him and injuries haven't really given him a chance to show his worth.
Johnny Jolly and Colin Cole.

We have given him a chance, and he didn't do anything worthy of a 1st round pick let alone a 6th round pick.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
You have to be kidding. He was the top player in the draft last year by most accounts, and we nearly took him with the third pick over a franchise quarterback.

I'd gladly give our first and a third or a first and future second or third round pick (depending on production).
maybe a 1st an a 3rd.
but i wouldnt do a 1st an 2nd. no way

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's funny how people sour on players so quickly.

Dorsey is the same player he was a year ago, he was just in a bad situation with no supporting cast on the defensive line.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dorsey is the same player he was a year ago, he was just in a bad situation with no supporting cast on the defensive line.
who says im "souring" him?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was about to say the exact same thing. It's funny how many people are writing him off.

When he came out he was arguably the best player in the entire draft and now, a year later, he not only ABSOLUTELY CANNOT play the NT in the 3-4 but he would also be a bad 3-4 DE and he was absolutely terrible his rookie year?

Cut the guy some slack. He will still be a dominant player. You don't think this coaching staff/FO knows how to use him? The last one didn't but I don't think this new defensive coaching staff could be more incompetent than Gunther was.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
who says im "souring" him?
Picks 24 and a third rounder is almost too much for a former top talent.

That is souring on a player.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Picks 24 and a third rounder is almost too much for a former top talent.

That is souring on a player.
did i not jus say i'd trade a 1st an a 3rd?

Sig by BK

Old 04-13-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
did i not jus say i'd trade a 1st an a 3rd?
You should try reading what I posted.

Almost is an important word.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
maybe a 1st an a 3rd.
but i wouldnt do a 1st an 2nd. no way
umm. read it. i basically said i'd do it for a 1st an a 3rd....

Sig by BK

Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You make zero sense.

Re-read the conversation.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You make zero sense.

Re-read the conversation.
i am so lost

Sig by BK

Old 04-13-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SARCASM!! He is mocking you for saying that a first and a third is almost to much for the best player in the draft last year. Hence, you have soured him by underrating him by thinking a first and a third is too much.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
SARCASM!! He is mocking you for saying that a first and a third is almost to much for the best player in the draft last year. Hence, you have soured him by underrating him by thinking a first and a third is too much.
wow i really needa get more sleep at night

Sig by BK

Old 04-13-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Michael Carter
Rookie

Michael Carter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
wow i really needa get more sleep at night
Mr. Rath, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Michael Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carter View Post
Mr. Rath, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
woooooooooooooooooooow. okay rookie

Sig by BK

Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carter View Post
WHAT... THE... ****??? [says super slow]
Old 04-13-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
FrankGore
Rookie

FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's the same Pendergast defense that was run in Arizona, I see him thriving. Darnell Dockett was an absolute monster and he is the sheer definition of a 1-gapper. If they do run a 3-4 it'll look more like that than something like what the Steelers run.
FrankGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankGore View Post
If it's the same Pendergast defense that was run in Arizona, I see him thriving. Darnell Dockett was an absolute monster and he is the sheer definition of a 1-gapper. If they do run a 3-4 it'll look more like that than something like what the Steelers run.
I'm thinking the same thing. I don't get why he'd switch defenses so I'm looking for him to run the same thing he did in Arizona. Dorsey would be a good fit there.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's like a used car. Every time an unquantified player changes hands, his value goes down. Sure, someone can say, "Oh, but that's a 2008 Honda. So what if it's used?" Er, I mean Certified Pre-Owned.

Actually, that example makes no sense. It'd be wierd to trade a Top 5 pick after their rookie season. I love the Glenn Dorsey. But, what has he done as a rookie that makes you go "OMG! I has tuh have him!!"? He was a Top 5 talent, yet Jason Jones, Pat Sims, Sedrick Ellis, and Marcus Harrison all had better rookie seasons (Ellis has an excuse for being good tho).

Heck, William Hayes had the same amount of Sacks in his 8 active games than Dorsey had in his 16 starts. Now, ya'll may not remember William Hayes. He was the Titans' 4th RD pick, whom they traded up for, that no one knew who he was. ESPN listed him as "Williams Hayes" during their broadcast. Mel Kipah Jr. was the only one who knew who he was. God bless ya, Mel!

So is Dorsey worth a team's entire 1st Day? I don't think so. Not unless a team who fell in love with him last Draft knows he fits what they do and think he's worth it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-13-2009 at 09:51 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WHAT... THE... ****??? [says super slow]
Billy Madison, much?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote