Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 12-14-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW Andre Carter and Orakpo are #4 and 5 in the entire league in sacks at 11. Only Dumervil, Jared Allen, and Freeney have more sacks than either Carter or Orakpo. Orakpo has more sacks than James Harrison, Demarcus Ware, Mario Williams, and Trent Cole. If only he got to play DE full time.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think cooley getting hurt has actually benefited campbell alot as he cannot just lock on to him. hes learning to quickly go through reads and what not. gotta love the wheels he's got too.

i hope we lock up carlos too, reminds me of winfield. if we give him a decent/nice contract and tell him hes the starter across from hall (sigh) i believe his confidence will be high and play like the baller he was last year before he got benched. (without hands).

edit, and how about lorenzo alexander saving our asses on punt tsckles so many times that game. and then gets in the rotation at dt and gets a sack. i absolutely love this guy.

and i basically agree dirtys thoughts on the game. eagles bengals and steelers all lost to them.

-rob jackson got some pressure a couple times as well i noticed, as did chris wilson. i dunno if we just had their number or were developing our players like crazy.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Last edited by critesy : 12-14-2009 at 01:52 PM.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm done thinking Anthony Montgomery has a future with this team. He just doesn't bring anything new. Alexander and Golston have non stop motors and more versatility.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm done thinking Anthony Montgomery has a future with this team. He just doesn't bring anything new. Alexander and Golston have non stop motors and more versatility.
does monte even get any playing time any more? i cant remember the last time i saw him in there. gholston i think will be resigned but i think monte plays for another team next year.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

The skins seem to be turning it around,
but the wins have been against teams with poor Q.B.'s-
rams(injury ravaged bulger?)
buccs(josh johnson)
broncos(chris simms)
raiders(gradkowksi/jamarcus russell).

Against matt ryan/kyle orton/romo/mcnabb and brees we couldnt get it done(and the cowboys/saints and iggles were there for the taking.)

I still want to see wholesale changes following this season(accountability dannyboy!) BUT the final 3 games are going to be interesting.
Are the skins on an upward climb or can they just not beat teams with talent at Q.B.-manning/romo and rivers?

The skins have some talent emerging that is for sure.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coolets latest blog comments on JC:
http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/2009/12/oakland.html

"Everyone in DC should be congratulating our quarterback for another tough outing. In the classic words of Joe Gibbs "That guys gotta set." Beyond playing ballsy again this week Jason has continued to show his courage behind center. There is so much respect for 17 in the huddle and the locker room for is ability to not only drive our offense, but to relentlessly get off the ground. It's awesome how many times he saves drives for us in third down situations by moving in the pocket or running. In my opinion this guy is the quarterback of our future."
Old 12-15-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Coolets latest blog comments on JC:
http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/2009/12/oakland.html

"Everyone in DC should be congratulating our quarterback for another tough outing. In the classic words of Joe Gibbs "That guys gotta set." Beyond playing ballsy again this week Jason has continued to show his courage behind center. There is so much respect for 17 in the huddle and the locker room for is ability to not only drive our offense, but to relentlessly get off the ground. It's awesome how many times he saves drives for us in third down situations by moving in the pocket or running. In my opinion this guy is the quarterback of our future."
Yeah that's what I was saying earlier...whether you like JC or not, he battles and is a warrior. You gotta respect that.

He's definetly had his share of ups and downs this year. He may never be an elite QB but he is still solid and you can do a lot worse than him when it comes to starting QB's in the NFL today.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I think losing Cooley and Samuels has helped him immensely. After being abused he has sort of learned that he needs to make his reads quicker and needs to get it out quick if he doesn't want to get destroyed. His accuracy on his throws has been tremendous the last 5 games. TBH if he stays he deserves one year with a full line and now at least 2 of the young weapons developing. While he has struggled mightily making his reads the O-line and weapons we had around him were pathetic. When the coaching staff refused to play the young guys he basically was limited to 1 WR and a TE with a horrible line.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
I think losing Cooley and Samuels has helped him immensely. After being abused he has sort of learned that he needs to make his reads quicker and needs to get it out quick if he doesn't want to get destroyed. His accuracy on his throws has been tremendous the last 5 games. TBH if he stays he deserves one year with a full line and now at least 2 of the young weapons developing. While he has struggled mightily making his reads the O-line and weapons we had around him were pathetic. When the coaching staff refused to play the young guys he basically was limited to 1 WR and a TE with a horrible line.
I dont disagree and Id take Campbell over Clausen or Bradford. The issue becomes...What sort of contract do you give him? No way does he sign a 1 year deal at his age.

In the 2009 draft, Sanchez was drafted #5 overall. Right now the Skins are in the 6 spot. If we were to draft Clausen or Bradford, youd have to assume similar or slightly higher $$ than Sanchez got from the Jets which was a 5 year, $50.5 million contract with $28.5 guaranteed.

Matt Cassel signed a 6 year $63 million contract with the Chiefs. Cassell and Campbell are the same age. Cassells contract came after a season with 3700 yards, 21 tds, and 11 ints with the Pats. Campbell is on pace this year for 3600 yards, 22 tds, and 15 ints.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

But Campbell doesn't have a huge demand IMO, especially not like Cassell's. The most I could see him getting from another team like say Carolina is a 5 year deal in the 40 mil range. IMO he would resign here on a 3 year deal around 15-25 million. That would really be best for both sides and give flexibility with the future should he falter.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I always thought Jason Campbell would be a good QB. It seems like Zorn didn't do a good job at first in adjusting his system to better fit Campbell's strengths and the personnel around him. I think the decision makers there would be foolish to give up on Jason too soon.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
But Campbell doesn't have a huge demand IMO, especially not like Cassell's. The most I could see him getting from another team like say Carolina is a 5 year deal in the 40 mil range. IMO he would resign here on a 3 year deal around 15-25 million. That would really be best for both sides and give flexibility with the future should he falter.
Id take a 3 year deal with Campbell for $20 mil in a heartbeat over drafting this year. I think his demand could end up being slightly higher simply due to the absolute crap that is available in free agency this year. Locker going back for his senior year only adds to the lack of available quarterbacks. You have to figure at least the Redskins, Rams, Panthers, and Raiders, and potentially Jaguars, Bills, Vikings, and Seahawks will be looking for a qb this offseason.

My 2010 QB Preference:
1. Campbell for a reasonable 3 year deal
2. Vet qb for a 1-2 year deal (I can see 1-2 decent ones being cut)
3. Campbell long term deal
4. Draft a first round qb
Old 12-15-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
FloridaSkinzFan
Rookie

FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly if Campbell keeps playing well and improving, I'd like to see us take Okung to help on the offensive line...our entire offseason/draft is going to rely on what we do with Jason Campbell.
FloridaSkinzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSkinzFan View Post
Honestly if Campbell keeps playing well and improving, I'd like to see us take Okung to help on the offensive line...our entire offseason/draft is going to rely on what we do with Jason Campbell.

if okung is there we take him no matter what. i dont care what qbs are there.

also, if we sign ryan clark in FA and draft okung or cj spiller i would ecstatic. just a random blurb. i want clark back.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

We shouldn't have let Clark go. However, I think he's a little past his prime. I've caught a few Steelers games and I haven't been too impressed.

We do need a solid vet at FS. Landry NEEDS to stay at SS.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Even though I want to keep Campbell with new management and coaching coming in I just don't see it possible. I know that Snyder wants a fresh face at QB so he can put all the blame on our failures on Vinny, Zorn, and Jason, even though we all know the O-line is the biggest problem. Also it will suck for Jason again if he comes back to have yet again another new system. I've been frustrated with him at times but the poor guy has just had to grow with our organization which runs everything in the poorest way. Now that he appears to be turning a corner I find myself rooting and pulling for the guy even more than when we drafted him, but somewhere in the back of my mind I think it's because we know inevitably he probably won't be here in the future. Even if he's gone I'll still be rooting for him as he obviously won't go to another NFC east team. I think he could really elevate a team like the Panthers. Haha watch him end up in another ****** situation like Oakland or something.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

ive always been a portis supporter but hes starting to wear on my last nerve. im slowly being converted into the group of people that wouldnt miss him next year if he was let go.

just had him on pregame on local channel here:

"if ive played my last game as a redskin then i want the fans the remember me as a guy that laid it all on the field and gave it everything every sunday. i mean i think other than me i cant name more than 2 or 3 other guys in my time here that can say that...sean taylor...london fletcher...and probably santana moss."

yea clinton thatll really get you some great locker room support...

at this point give me landale and cj spiller next year. or sproles and dwyer. something like that.

Last edited by DiG : 12-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

haynesworth i dont care if you are hurt, sick, whatever. get your !@#$@#$ @#$% in the game on 3rd and short. same freaking play 4 straight 3rd and shorts converted down the field.

daniels is a joke at de by the way.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

a sack given up by heyer/williams?!?! say it aint so....
Old 12-21-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

typical landry...starts the game with 4 good tackles then whiiiffff. if this guy could just get consistent.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

i guess having your defense on the field for 20 straight minutes is a bad thing...
Old 12-21-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

ha go todd go! shoulda been a td on todds first drive but dropped by fred. nonetheless he still put up a decent drive. although he almost died from getting hit on every pass.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I think I'm just going to go back outside and shovel some fcking snow.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL...this game has reached high comical levels.

this secondary is freaking GARBAGE...bench landry and teach him a lesson or trade his a** in the offseason...I've had enough of him. Sign Ryan Clark and play Clark and Horton at Safety. Landry is the new Roy Williams.

Worst DB's in the league along with the worst OL in the league = good times...

Everyone on this line is horrible except for dockery, who is about average. Davis having a decent game at least. Get Landry and Hall off my team please Allen.

Feel sorry for the fans who actually made the effort to go to this massacre. Announcers said they were leaving in the second quarter...lol can't blame them...BAG HEAD TIME
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

zorns presser on live now...

on the fake fg:
"it was good defense. really good defense. after the timeout i contemplated changing it and just kicking it and uh the play was unique enough that i didnt think they saw what we were trying to do"

on how to handle moving forward with bruce after this game
"one of the things ive done since being here is play it straight. i have nothing to gloss over if you will. it was a pretty bad game. frustrating for me for his first game to play not so well and show him what we did tonight. very disappointing. not so much for my job because that will take care of itself with all the speculation going on but more for myself to perform that way against a division opponent."

he didnt sound too upset or angry to me. obviously he wasnt happy but he wasnt pissed either. i know id be pissed.