Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 12-21-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jerry gray

"gotta take your hats off to the giants. took us off balance early. take the lead like that and you can dictate. makes it easier to do a lot of things. we put our offense in a bad position. we just didnt take the fight to em. couldnt get off the field on 3rd down. a good defense has to get off the field on 3rd down."

"practice well. thought we were rested. you dont know the mechanic things in night games. we just dont play well as a defense in night games. maybe they are just sitting in bed all day i dont know. we gotta figure that out."
Old 12-21-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we lost all our primetime games this year and last year.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

campbell:

on injury:
"had a stinger i could feel through my neck and back. the guy drove my head into the ground thats how i got this black eye."

"screen play you try to get over a guy but just slipped a bit too much outta my hand and that hurt"
Old 12-22-2009, 06:13 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Glad i missed this game,must have been a brutal first half to watch.
Monday night,against a divisional foe,in our own house..........
Looks like the coaches and players were unprepared,just waiting to clear out their lockers before they are gone.

The giants have pretty much owned the skins ever since ray handley was fired.

QUOTE=Dirty Thirty;1934652]ive always been a portis supporter but hes starting to wear on my last nerve. im slowly being converted into the group of people that wouldnt miss him next year if he was let go.

just had him on pregame on local channel here:

"if ive played my last game as a redskin then i want the fans the remember me as a guy that laid it all on the field and gave it everything every sunday. i mean i think other than me i cant name more than 2 or 3 other guys in my time here that can say that...sean taylor...london fletcher...and probably santana moss."

yea clinton thatll really get you some great locker room support...

at this point give me landale and cj spiller next year. or sproles and dwyer. something like that.[/quote]

What struck me about the portis quote(apart from the "me,me,me-its all about me attitude") was no mention of an offensive lineman?

No Chris Samuels?-the guy will be in the redskin ring of fame.

Randy Thomas and Ray Brown were great players for us when healthy.
Guess the Linemen had grown used to portis' attitude long before this season.
He should have used the chance to praise the scrubs for at least playing their hearts out when the "stars" went down.

You have been paid handsomely since leaving denver clinton,your team ethics leave alot to be desired.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zorn is a nice guy and everything but this game sealed his fate...I like the guy but this is why he cannot be the head coach of the Redskins next year...

How the hell do you not blow a freaking gasket on these guys!?!? Get in their face, get pissed, show some fire, do something.

After every bad play he just stares off into space all confused looking. Get in Landry's freaking grill! Bench someone! Go off on the o lineman. Do something to save your job. He just doesn't even talk to anyone when things are going bad. This is his biggest flaw as a head coach.

Then at the pressers, he's not even mad...just says "oh well we got outplayed, ho hum". If I was him I would be freaking blasting people after that performance.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i was zorn i wouldnt give a **** either, knowing how this place has treated him, probably just waiting to get canned and become a qb coach again.\ or something.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
if i was zorn i wouldnt give a **** either, knowing how this place has treated him, probably just waiting to get canned and become a qb coach again.\ or something.
Zorn has never given a sht. He's just happy to actually be an NFL coach. From day 1 the guy just doesn't belong as a head coach. If he ever wants to even be a college head coach he needs to go down as an assistant and learn how it's done. The guy has never had the respect or trust of any of his players because he's never shown the assertiveness or passion to coach. I'm sure he's a great guy to be around but as a coach you need someone who is revered and respected, not someone who players look at as a contemporary. I agree that he hasn't been treated well but if he were a real head coach and defended himself it wouldn't have gone as far as it has.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

im not saying zorn is a good head coach, im just saying with the situation hes in i understand where he's coming from. and i think hes just a lifetime assistant, qb coach, whatever else there is. not o coordinator or head coach.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah you've got to wonder what Shanny is thinking now having watched last nights game. Grudern sure as hell was scared just announcing it. I legitimately feared for Jason and Todd's health. Hell hunter the punter almost got decapitated. It was unbelievable. Every single play the QB was on the ground. In the past Jason has been sacked because of indecisiveness but last night he was getting snow plowed on friggin one step drops in which he released it quickly to the first read. I thought Levi had been playing decently but damn he was utter trash last night.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

From the Post:

Jim Zorn still has two more games remaining as the Redskins' head coach, but if the team opts to make a change, former Denver coach Mike Shanahan has already received an endorsement from the team's unofficial "assistant general manager." Injured running back Clinton Portis said today "if they have a change, then of course they would get the thumbs-up vote for me for Coach Shanahan."

"If Coach Zorn is done, I would think that's a great direction to go in, if you can get Coach Shanahan," Portis said during his weekly appearance on "The John Thompson Show" on ESPN 980.

"You've seen my track record with Mike Shanahan," Portis said.

With Jon Gruden choosing to remain in the ESPN broadcast booth in 2010 and Mike Holmgren accepting a front-office position in Cleveland, Shanahan seems to be the likely front-runner. Redskins secondary coach Jerry Gray has also interviewed, according to multiple sources.

Portis said that he never had a problem with Shanahan, and that he left Denver on his terms.

"Mike Shanahan gave me an opportunity. He asked me, man-to-man, 'Do you want to be here? We can pay you and we'll keep you here. Or if you feel like you want to leave, I will allow that.' So I chose to leave," Portis said.

"Yesterday I was thinking, 'Who's going to win our offensive MVP at our Redskins' luncheon next year?' So who do you give that to? When you have a quesiton of who your MVP is on offense, I think that's a tough year. Just find a guy and make that your guy. Everybody else got to contribute around him."
Old 12-25-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

merry christmas skins fans and heres to beating the girls on sunday night.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
merry christmas skins fans and heres to beating the girls on sunday night.
Amen, I will be there! HTTR!

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

thats amazing, as much as i want to lose and get okung, i cant stand losing to the cowboys.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

devin thomas listed as doubtful probably wont play so malcolm will most likely get the start.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

The skins defense actually made a few third/fourth down run stops.

Erm, i think that is about it for positives.

Guys like wideouts miles austin and desean jackson look far more talented than anything we have.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thats amazing, as much as i want to lose and get okung, i cant stand losing to the cowboys.
You are just one of the guys that love rubbing in the loss in our faces. Sorry you weren't able to do that this year. Notice, we don't talk nearly the amount of smack after wins as you guys do.

edit: STRIP and Dirty don't talk much crap, so I guess I shouldn't bundle you all together.

Who are you guys hoping for your new HC?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

D-Unit;

"rumor" has it that if Shanny is hired he wants Zimmer as his D.C.

Zimmer was a long time coach at dallas,what is your opinion of him?
I have heard alot of "bend but dont break" about him,not much different from Blache.
Doesnt he like the base 3-4 Defense(the reason why he left?).
You feel dallas is a better defense for changing to a 3-4?
Old 12-28-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You are just one of the guys that love rubbing in the loss in our faces. Sorry you weren't able to do that this year. Notice, we don't talk nearly the amount of smack after wins as you guys do.

edit: STRIP and Dirty don't talk much crap, so I guess I shouldn't bundle you all together.

Who are you guys hoping for your new HC?
you arent a skins fan, you dont know what its like.

edit, ive been here for 4 years and ive been bitter about.. like 3 games so i dont know what youre getting at. i never watch games and be online chatting.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Last edited by critesy : 12-28-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
D-Unit;

"rumor" has it that if Shanny is hired he wants Zimmer as his D.C.

Zimmer was a long time coach at dallas,what is your opinion of him?
I have heard alot of "bend but dont break" about him,not much different from Blache.
Doesnt he like the base 3-4 Defense(the reason why he left?).
You feel dallas is a better defense for changing to a 3-4?
Is Zimmer that mobile? He has the same job now in Cincy.

I think very highly of Zimmer though. He's great with the players, he doesn't overstep toes of his superiors, and he knows how to run an effective 4-3 D. He likes small speedy LBs... Dexter Coakley, Dat Ngyuen types. He really had a tough time trying to learn Parcells' 3-4 D.

I like Dallas' 3-4 D, but for better or for worse, I don't know. I like it because I like tracking 3-4 D prospects more than anything. LOL. Either defense works when you have the right personnel. I thought it would be easier than it has been though, as far as the time to transition.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

with my brother being a bengals fan i get to hear alot about them, and i love zimmer. he seems to know how to get the best out of his players. seems like an emotional coach who gets you pumped up to play. i think he could do wonders with our 4-3 D.

edit, also.. he did do some things with roy williams to make him a pro bowler.. laron landry... roy williams.. ehhhh ?

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Last edited by critesy : 12-28-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

Thanks for the input D-Unit,

From what ive heard the 3-4 defense is a better fit for stopping the best passing teams,especially in the afc.
Also,Shanny spent last training camp watching the steelers and pats defenses and had gone on record as saying he wanted a disciple of dick LeBeau,i.e. keith Butler(current steelers l.b. coach).

But this doesnt square up with Zimmer(he didnt get much love from cowboy fans on the extremeskins forum),but maybe Butler has been chosen by Cowher for his team and with Zimmer's contract up in stingy cincy,Shanny has targeted him instead.

The broncos have now changed to a 3-4 which is wierd.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Congrats to Orakpo for making his first pro bowl but definitely pissed that london got shafted once again...ridiculous.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:01 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed^...how the hell does Orakpo make it over London? I know they play different positions but still that is just whack. Orakpo even said so in his interview.

What does the man have to do to get a pro bowl?
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Agreed^...how the hell does Orakpo make it over London? I know they play different positions but still that is just whack. Orakpo even said so in his interview.

What does the man have to do to get a pro bowl?
Its not his fault, he had a really good year. Its just the fact they pick two ILB and Willis is a lock and the other is whoever is having a good year on a good team. We got lucky with Vilma in that stance.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'm upset that after all this time the coaches and players didn't vote in London. Beason might be a better player right now but he too was on a bad team and I'm surprised the coaches didn't think it's about time London made the pro bowl.