Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 01-06-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually believe both Portis and Campbell. I completely agree with Portis that Campbell has shown no signs of leadership with this team throughout his career. I also think Portis has been a selfish prick that has no room to talk.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Music to my MF ears. I am torn about the Shanny hiring. There was a point that I really wanted him to be the Cowboys next HC. So I respect the guy and will fear him on your sidelines. I hate that. But, I think he could really love Colt and help take Colt to where he needs to be and I love that... :/ So torn.

Damn... I can't believe Colt has turned me into a mini-Redskins fan. Can't stand the Eagles and Giants, but I'm a Redskins fan when Dallas isn't playing you.
D-Unit you may have just become my favorite Cowboys fan of all time.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (9-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering Portis is the least respected player on the team and in the media it's hard to listen to anything he says. He might be right on Jason but it's sad he's never been voted Captain when he's supposed to be the big bucks leader of the offense. Clinton basically never takes responsibility and will throw everyone under the bus for his own personal gain. I mean he honestly blamed Sellers on his ineffectiveness as a RB. It's no coincidence that Quinton off the street Ganther was more effective behind the weakest O-line we've ever had.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shanahan on Jason Campbell: "I'm looking forward to working with him. I love the way Jason handles himself. . . . I'm looking forward to watching every play he's had in his career. Hopefully his best years are ahead."
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Quote:
Shanahan's comments make it sound like Portis has some work to do.

"Like all players, the key is what they work in the offseason program," Shanahan said. "I've been around some veterans that have been very successful and they quit working out and as a running back you can fall off a cliff. If you make a commitment, then you've got a chance to do something special."
portis better get ready to do work outs and etc. or hes gone. :( i dont want to see him leave yet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-are-telling/

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Last edited by critesy : 01-06-2010 at 05:30 PM.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luckily RB is one of the easiest positions to fill without breaking the bank or using a day 1 pick. All we need is some fresh legs in there whether or not Portis is back. I'm a big Hardesty fan.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Luckily RB is one of the easiest positions to fill without breaking the bank or using a day 1 pick. All we need is some fresh legs in there whether or not Portis is back. I'm a big Hardesty fan.
ben tate ;) hahaha im just kidding i'll get out of here with my auburn homerism.

but i actually love hardesty. boy runs hard every down. if he see's a hole, he'll hit it hard with no hesitation.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

portis better get ready to do work outs and etc. or hes gone. :( i dont want to see him leave yet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-are-telling/
That sounds like he's not in the frame of mind of drafting a QB in round 1. WOOOHOOO!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That sounds like he's not in the frame of mind of drafting a QB in round 1. WOOOHOOO!!!!
Not so fast D-Unit haha.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret...ep_campbel l/
Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the future of the skins!

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...09&play_clip=y
Old 01-06-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Joe Theismans getting on the Colt train too!! This morning on my way to work I was listening to him on 980 and he said that if Shanny want to go with someone who could sling it, Colt Brennan would be that kind of QB. He added that Colt is a good player, very smart and savvy.

Also from a Shanny interview today:

What qualities to you look for in a quarterback?
"There's so many different things. Number one, you've got to be accurate. Number two, you've to be passionate for what you're doing. You've got to study the game inside and out. You're looking for guys that carry that over to the football field. Some guys are talkers, other guys are quiet. I've seen people lead in a lot of different ways. The Joe Montanas, the Steve Youngs, the John Elways that I've been with, each guys is a little bit different in their own way. They're all Hall of Fame quarterbacks. You get in there and get a guy like Steve Buerlein that would just go out there and find a way to win. Everybody had different characteristics. You've got to have a burning desire to want to be the best at what you do."
Old 01-06-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

im really excited to see what colt can do in this offense, on naked bootlegs and what not i think he can be deadly. if campbell isnt here im 100% on colts nuts cause i kinda have a crush on him but my campbell one is far greater.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
If we do keep Campbell sand draft a QB 4th Colt is all but gone. Campbell will just basically be what Daunte Culpepper was supposed to be this year, a one year fill in for your top draft pick. After that good luck for Colt ever getting a snap over the 4th pick in the draft, let alone making the roster.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/...ordinator-job/
The Washington Redskins plan to meet with Mike Zimmer of the Cincinnati Bengals should the team lose their opening round playoff game to the New York Jets this weekend.

The team is “very interested” in bringing him in as their defensive coordinator according to Jason La Canfora of NFL.com.

However, Zimmer is also rumored to be on the list of a number of teams for their head coaching position.

Also on the Redskins’ list of candidates to interview is Jim Haslett, former head coach of the New Orleans Saints and St. Louis Rams.

Make it happen! I want Zimmer so bad!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snead is declairing. I see him as a Redskin

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Snead is declairing. I see him as a Redskin
in round 5? surely not 1 or 2.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Danny Smith as a ST coach??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
crazy high energy. i want to love the guy but our punt return and kick return squads are awful offensively. our averages on returns are the lowest in the nfl. defensively, we do pretty well actually and usually hold other teams to pretty decent field position.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
The guy has a golden prsonality but our special teams unit as a whole from kicking to returning his entire stay in D.C. has been horrific. It's gotten to the point that I cheer for Randle El to call a fair catch.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny Smith has been garbage for years
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-bobby-turner/

Last week, the Broncos decided to decline the Redskins' request to interview running backs coach Bobby Turner for the same job in Washington, where Turner would be reunited with former Denver coach Mike Shanahan.

The Broncos have now had a change of heart.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Broncos will allow Turner to meet with the Redskins, and an interview is expected to occur this week.

NFL rules permit teams with assistant coaches under contract to refuse requests to interview those assistants for any job other than head coach. Though compensation can be offered to get a team to release its rights to a head coach, draft picks and/or cash cannot be used to pry an assistant coach away from his current team.

UPDATE: We're told that Turner will be the associate head coach of the Redskins, and that he is close to accepting the job, if he hasn't already.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bugel retired...that's pretty much what I expected. It was the right time, he'll always be Boss Hog
Old 01-14-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

On NFL network they had La Canfora on and said that Shanahan was "very interested" in running a 3-4 or elements of a 3-4 when talking with Haslett.

Also, he said that Redskins veterans told him that Haynesworth will be pissed if he has to play NT in a 3-4...lol typical
Old 01-25-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

just wanted to give a shout out and congratulations to london fletcher on being 1 of 3 walter peyton award finalists this year and making it to his first pro bowl appearance!!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

yeah baby im pumped for him, i saw that too.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about possibly Colt McCOY in the 2nd round.........and/or OT Adam Ulatoski in the 3rd round?