Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 06-01-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i dont know about starting off the bat but i wouldnt be surprised to see him get a decent amount of playing time based on all that ive heard from camp so far. CDF, I agree with you wholehearted on Rhineheart but not so much Heyer. With Dockery back though, I'm not sure if they are working Rhineheart more at LG or at RG to replace Thomas after this year. Either way, I'm a lot more comfortable with our guards than our tackles and center.
D30, it was my understanding from one of those "mailbag" sessions on Redskins.com that Rinehart was working at RG during the OTA right after the draft. I wouldn't be shocked if he beats out Thomas for the starting job especially since Thomas is still recovering from his neck surgery and hasn't participated fully in OTA's.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles...ce_3882 4.jsp

Malcolm Kelly pulled in a pass on a slant pattern, adjusting his body mid-route because the throw was slightly behind him.

He landed on his knee and turned up-field in the same motion.

Finally, Kellys knee was healthy enough to allow him to flash the potential the Redskins saw in him in the 2008 NFL Draft.

He was back on the Redskins Park practice fields on Monday, full-go in his return from a bothersome knee injury.

It has been a long time coming, Kelly said after practice. I was anxious to go out there, run a route and feel the ball hit my hands.

Kelly has been running pass routes individually for the last month. The difference this week has been competing against defensive backs.

Its one thing to run against air, but when you have actual defensive backs, it makes it a little more complicated, he said. A lot of the route-running I was doing, coaches made sure I was cutting on the leg I had surgery on. My knee has reacted well for a whole month now.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From PFT:

A league source tells us that the Washington Redskins quietly extended the contract of receiver Santana Moss last month, creating nearly the same amount of cap space that was burned up when tackle Jon Jansen recently was cut.

Per the source, the Redskins converted his base salary of $3.7 million in 2009 and $4.3 million in 2010 into a signing bonus, less salaries of $745,000 this year and $968,500 next year.

The difference is a guaranteed payment of $6.28 million.

The new deal adds three additional seasons beyond 2010, at base salaries of $1.192 million in 2011, $1.4155 million in 2012, and $1.639 million in 2013. But we’re told that the three new years automatically void at the end of the 2010 season.

So why were the new years added? To allow the guaranteed payment to be spread over five years.

As a result, the total cap savings was $1.7477 million. And the Jansen cap charge was $1.726 million.

There also was a benefit for Moss; he received all of his 2009 pay and most of his 2010 compensation now.

go snyder

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question. In this ESPN article, it says LaRon Landry may be trade bait. Scroll down to Friday, June 5

Have any of you guys heard anything about this?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Question. In this ESPN article, it says LaRon Landry may be trade bait. Scroll down to Friday, June 5

Have any of you guys heard anything about this?
He says its speculation, showed up today for the last OTA. Here's a good read.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...y-aw.html#more

Steddy Ambition!
Old 06-13-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay James Thrash is retiring. Maybe now we can give a roster space to a veteran wide receiver who might actually catch the ball.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Yay James Thrash is retiring. Maybe now we can give a roster space to a veteran wide receiver who might actually catch the ball.
I get the feeling Snyder is going to go young and explosive at the 5th wr spot like a Keith Eloi or Marko Mitchell. Moss, El, Thomas, Kelly, and a 5th at the most probably. Who do you think gets the spot as of now?

Steddy Ambition!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mitchell signed today. im quite pleased with the decission. i think mitchells got some legit upside and could hopefully grow into a good role player in a few years.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
mitchell signed today. im quite pleased with the decission. i think mitchells got some legit upside and could hopefully grow into a good role player in a few years.
He could still be released or ps I believe but I'd love for him to make the roster. He has so much potential as a vertical and redzone threat. I also wouldn't mind a vet like Roydell Williams who could actually make a positive impact immediately. Kevin Eloi intrigues me but aside from reading about his 40 time, vert, etc., all that I have seen him do is jump into a pickup in flip flops, lol. As a homer though I would root for Marques Hagans to stick with the team as he brings value as a returner, a decent quick/explosive receiver, and another gadget former QB who could run a wild cat type formation. I've always said he's a poor man's Randle El, although as a QB he had a much superior arm to El. He actually did pretty decently in limited playing time with the Rams.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
He could still be released or ps I believe but I'd love for him to make the roster. He has so much potential as a vertical and redzone threat. I also wouldn't mind a vet like Roydell Williams who could actually make a positive impact immediately. Kevin Eloi intrigues me but aside from reading about his 40 time, vert, etc., all that I have seen him do is jump into a pickup in flip flops, lol. As a homer though I would root for Marques Hagans to stick with the team as he brings value as a returner, a decent quick/explosive receiver, and another gadget former QB who could run a wild cat type formation. I've always said he's a poor man's Randle El, although as a QB he had a much superior arm to El. He actually did pretty decently in limited playing time with the Rams.
I think our returner is going to end up being either Aldridge or Dorsey. I don't foresee both making the final roster. I like Roydell too but I'm rooting for Eloi, although I'd be fine with either. I think with so many young wrs on the roster it makes sense to carry 6 but i find it hard to believe that we will carry 4 rbs which makes me wonder if we may end up cutting rock. if we do keep 4 rbs and 6 wrs then im a little worried where we might end up being so thin.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

We should only keep 5 WR's and ps Marko and Eloi. Last year we basically went the whole season with 2 WR's. Basically Malcolm and Devin will determine the success of the receiving corps. If they suck it up again we are in the exact situation we were last year. It's not like we have any other option though. It's a pray and see type of situation at the WR position.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

mike williams picture from camp. down to 365 lbs supposedly.

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-03-2009 at 08:55 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I can't wait to see him in preseason. I heard he had some of the faster legs out of the OL. I guess it's mostly a stamina, every down linemen, issue with big Mike.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
DuckHunt
Rookie

DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.
Default Washington Redskins 2009 Preview

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-2009-preview

How do you think the Redskins will finish? I think they will do a little better, they've definitely upgraded during the off-season.
DuckHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Went to camp today, here are a quick few thoughts.

Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly both look good. Thomas' athleticism is very apparent and he was running much better routes and just looked very comfortable out there today in drills. Kelly is not as fluid as Thomas right now but he is looking pretty fit for all he has been through.

What about Fred Davis? Well he looked like one of the best players on the field. He had a really good practice and looked explosive. He is my candidate for a break out season. Zorn talked about how Davis' second year has been night and day and he liked what he saw today. He is definitely ready IMO to run some of those double TE sets we have been hoping for.

Saw Orakpo up close, this guy is a monster. He is going to wreak havoc where ever he is this season. He got the most cheers when walking out, no surprise there. Campbell probably got the second most which was nice to see then Smoot a close third.

Mike Williams although massive, also looked pretty good. I think he has a great chance to make the team.
Met Ethan Albright, ftw.

Steddy Ambition!

Last edited by 703SKINS202 : 08-01-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

good stuff 703. ive been reading that our defense is performing way above expectations so far in camp and that the offense (not suprisingly) is several steps behind. i have read similar sentiments to what you said about thomas, kelly, and davis all showing positive signs of offseason progression.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep hearing that Colt Brennan is looking good in his limited chances and his footwork is much improved.

I'm also hearing Jason Campbell is thowing picks and getting booed for throwing the ball away.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I keep hearing that Colt Brennan is looking good in his limited chances and his footwork is much improved.

I'm also hearing Jason Campbell is thowing picks and getting booed for throwing the ball away.
I've been to camp twice, Friday and today. I would definitely say Colt has improved his footwork. I was watching a drill today where the qb rolled out of the pocket to the right and had to make a difficult throw to the sideline and he looked very good doing it. I myself haven't seen the Campbell stuff, fans actually gave him a great reception on Friday although there were a lot of donks who were holding "Bring Vick to D.C." signs. He's looked good to me so far but it is early in tc.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
good stuff 703. ive been reading that our defense is performing way above expectations so far in camp and that the offense (not suprisingly) is several steps behind. i have read similar sentiments to what you said about thomas, kelly, and davis all showing positive signs of offseason progression.
The Post is reporting that Thomas has now supplanted Randle El as the #2. Makes sense I think the coaching staff was just looking to see if Thomas was ready mentally and you can definitelty see a difference in his approach to practice. His routes are looking more crisp every day.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, Randle El, Thomas, and Kelly are battling for number 2 but it looks like it will end up being Thomas. That would be a nice spark for this offense.

Defense should be pretty good...good reports for Orakpo on his first few days. Samuels liked him.

Do we have any competition for Suisham? If not, why? He was the worst kicker in the league last year.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Yea, Randle El, Thomas, and Kelly are battling for number 2 but it looks like it will end up being Thomas. That would be a nice spark for this offense.

Defense should be pretty good...good reports for Orakpo on his first few days. Samuels liked him.

Do we have any competition for Suisham? If not, why? He was the worst kicker in the league last year.
Yea we brought in Dave Rayner for competition.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 08-07-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your fans are killin' me!

Old 08-09-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sp...gton_DC.htm l

Fun stuff.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao chris cooley is the back up punter in the first depth chart of the season

http://www.redskins.com/gen/team/depthChart.jsp

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
lmao chris cooley is the back up punter in the first depth chart of the season

http://www.redskins.com/gen/team/depthChart.jsp
i should print screen this now because i see quite a few probable changes.

my guesses to what will change after preseason:
-colt moved to 2nd. collins moved to 3rd.
-devin thomas moved to 2nd. el moved to slot.
-fred davis moved to 2nd. yoder moved to 3rd (no idea how this hasnt changed yet)
-anthony aldridge to starting kick returner

by mid season:
-chad rhinehart somewhere starting on the o-line
-kevin barnes moved to 3rd or 4th string