Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-07-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
supposedly skins are talking with flozells agent. can flozell play rt? maybe we start okung at rt for a year or two? adding flozell and okung would definitely be a great step in improving our line.
I just don't see him going to WAS would be a good fit. Okung of course would be the ideal, but what about Heyer at RT? I thought I heard he did decent and was promising?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I just don't see him going to WAS would be a good fit. Okung of course would be the ideal, but what about Heyer at RT? I thought I heard he did decent and was promising?
you heard wrong. whoever told you that is crazy. heyer sucks bad. id love flozell as a stop gap for a year or two as we rebuild the line.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you heard wrong. whoever told you that is crazy. heyer sucks bad. id love flozell as a stop gap for a year or two as we rebuild the line.
I probably did hear wrong, two of my best friends are Redskins fans but they aren't the type who breakdown film and all. But Flozell to me doesn't seem like a sure stopgap. But the NFL would love it though, because of his fines they will be making bank :P
Old 04-10-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heyer is a decent backup. As a starter he's horrendous. He has horrible feet. I'm not even joking but his biggest problem is his fcking Chicken legs. His lower body is comparable to Darren Mcfadden's except Heyer has 300 pounds on top of them. Because his legs are so weak he gets pushed aside so easy. It's hard to keep balance and leverage when you are so disproportionally built.

I mean look at this:

Fat gut+chicken legs doesn't bode well for balance.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

“At first I was a little iffy to it because I’ve never played in the 3-4. I don’t have a clue to how it’s really played. But then I talked to him a little bit and he plans on just playing me in the middle a little bit and at end. I guess I’ll just move around and just wreak havoc; so as long as we’re doing that and I’m not just at one position, I’m fine, I’m fine with it.”

"Through my conversation with Haynesworth, I realized he is not the man he is made out to be by most members of the media. He is an extremely caring individual, he is down-to-earth, very talented, unselfish and surprisingly modest. These wonderful attributes of a human being are greatly deceiving to those thinking his off-the-field kindness will translate to on-the-field weakness."

With these coaching changes, Haynesworth now believes his team is more ready than ever to become a contender for postseason dreams in the NFL.

“The players, I think we have the pieces there. We just need a puzzle master to put it together. I don’t think we need a whole lot more changes. Maybe a couple more tweaks here and there. Right now I’m satisfied with the talent that we have.”

“I’m just going to be myself and keep doing what I do. I don’t care about, I mean, I do care about the money , I love money; as far as how it changes how I play, it doesn’t. People think that I’m just going to relax and be satisfied, but I tell people that’s not going to happen. The money is good, the money is great, whatever; but there are things that money can’t buy. Money can’t buy greatness. There are a lot of rich, wealthy people, but being great at a sport and being the best at what you do, there aren’t that many people that can say that. That’s what I’m going after, being the best defensive tackle in the NFL.”

Suck it haters in the media!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
[i]Suck it haters in the media!
Speaking of media, I am hearing that the Redskins have Trent Williams as their number one LT prospect... Any input on this?
Old 04-12-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Speaking of media, I am hearing that the Redskins have Trent Williams as their number one LT prospect... Any input on this?
I know the article that your getting that from and the author clearly does not name a source of his information. If you read the article youll notice that its primarily this guys opinion that he thinks Williams is a better fit and that "he" has felt like Williams could be the first tackle taken...fortunately he isnt a member of the Skins FO. Rang is one of the draft writers for CBS and is obviously just expressing his opinion, which im sure wasnt geared towards getting attention to his blog...

I cant see the Skins taking Williams over Okung if both are on the board. The Skins have expressed a ton of interest in Okung. He's visited Redskins park and the visit was described as "fantastic" by the Skins front office. That's not to say the Skins arent targeting Williams, Bulaga, etc. Theres no way to know that Okung will be available at the 4th pick so of course we are going to look closely at the other tackles and without a 2nd or 3rd round pick theres a very good chance we might look to move down from the 4 spot and land one a tackle a few spots back...but as for Williams over Okung with both on the board, I just dont see it.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rang is one of the draft writers for CBS and is obviously just expressing his opinion, which im sure wasnt geared towards getting attention to his blog...
Thats the article I read, and thought you might have a idea as to what was the truth of the matter, so I appreciate it! I was up in D.C. last week, and heard a radio show talking about the same thing, unfortunately I turned it on during the discussion, and had to leave the car before I could hear who was doing the talking, so I have no idea about credibilty in that regards... Honestly I could not see it either, but thought it was interesting that with in a couple days of reading that article I heard something on the radio to the same effect. I also heard that Okung effectively "blew away" the Skins front office, and personally I think they would be nuts to trade down if Okung is on the board... Love the McNabb trade, and am actually looking forward to the upcoming season.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

I also think if Okung is there at pick 4 the skins take him, BUT something has caught my eye.

A few weeks ago there were "whispers" of a deal with new orleans for either jammal brown or bushrod plus a second rounder from the saints and they get Haynesworth(im sure gregg would know what to do with him).
That deal could still be on the table come draftday IF Okung is gone to detroit.

Now,if you read Scott Wright's view on Williams- he reminds him of ........
Jammal Brown.
Trent Williams' college=oklahoma
Jammal Browns college=oklahoma

So, should we be surprised if the skins do take Trent?
Maybe we swap picks with denver to get wr brandon Marshall and trade with new orleans to take Brown and pick up trent Williams with pick 11.
Maybe i've been taking too much medication today.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
FloridaSkinzFan
Rookie

FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FloridaSkinzFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im hoping to get:

2nd round pick for Haynesworth.
4th round pick for Campbell.

draft Okung @ #4.
FloridaSkinzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why do you want to get rid of haynesworth !?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just found out that ethan albright isnt on the ******* roster... WHAT THE ****?!!?

annnnd carlos rogers is happy again :)

http://blog.redskins.com/2010/04/13/...ent-situation/

also talks about the strength and conditioning program.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Last edited by critesy : 04-14-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with the mcnabb trade you guys now have 5 QBs on the roster, campbell being shipped in one form or the other is obvious but who do you guys think is the second man out, brennan, bartell, grossman?

ps if you want to get rid of colt, send him to the big easy ;)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

bartells no more than a camp fodder. you have to assume campbell will be traded for the best offer we can get.

Anyone else see that Cerato is going to be doing draft analysis for ESPN?!?!?!!? Hahaha

"Former Redskins Executive VP and noted actor Vinny Cerrato will provide analysis for ESPN Radio during the draft alongside John Clayton and host Freddie Coleman. "
Old 04-14-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Anyone else see that Cerato is going to be doing draft analysis for ESPN?!?!?!!? Hahaha

"Former Redskins Executive VP and noted actor Vinny Cerrato will provide analysis for ESPN Radio during the draft alongside John Clayton and host Freddie Coleman. "
LOL...whose idea was that?
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

i cant wait to see what he says and who he likes.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...nica.html#more

Rocky Mac disgruntled..skips minicamp...hints at possible trade.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ma'ake Kemoeatu is a beast in Call of Duty lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

theres some legitimate speculation out there the skins do really like trent williams due to his athleticism. ill admit i need to go back and watch some more tape. i will probably try tomorrow or monday to do some research on trent and okung more in depth.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rocky is traded I'll be really sad. He is one of the rare players who we acquired the right way in the draft and he's turned into a great LB in the 4-3, I guess the orginization just doesn't think he fits their plans for the future.

If he's traded what can he yield?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately despite his age and pretty good play I can easily see Rocky being dealt for a 4th or 5th rounder.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Unfortunately despite his age and pretty good play I can easily see Rocky being dealt for a 4th or 5th rounder.
Eww...I'd have to take a 3rd. I'd rather just keep him if the best offer is a 4th.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

The rise and rise of trent williams,one of THE stories of this draft.
I remember when the early mocks came out and he was mostly in the late teens with even a couple in the twenties(to arizona i think).Not bad for a right tackle who struggled on a poor line on the left side in 2009.

Then the skins, when checking out sam bradford, must have seen a lot to like from williams.Did he remind them of jammal brown,was he carrying an injury at the beginning of the season,did he improve later on at left tackle?
Plus it wasnt just the skins that williams was impressing,he has been in the top dozen picks for a while now.

Could be that the skins want a team that really wants williams to trade up for him or it could be the skins feel okung will go to the lions and are struggling to find a left tackle.Okung looks more nfl ready to come in at left tackle,so if we draft williams does he start at right tackle at first?
Then who do we put at left tackle(currently heyor),Hicks-is he good enough to protect our investment in mcnabb?

We'll find out soon enough.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Some quotes from mini camp:

Shanahan:

On if he is open to trading Albert Haynesworth:

“There has not been one mention about trading Haynesworth or any other player on this football team since I have been here. The only person that I have allowed to talk to other teams is Jason Campbell. I want to get a good feel of the people that we have on this team. I’m not looking to trade anybody on our team.”

On if he saw any examples of Donovan McNabb’s leadership this weekend:

“Just the way he practices. Just the way he handles himself. There is a sense of urgency. He’s a natural leader the way he handles himself with his teammates. Just the way he goes about his business. Anytime you have a guy who’s a natural leader it’s very easy to see.”

On how satisfied he is with running back Clinton Portis’ work ethic:

“Clinton has worked very hard. He’s done everything I have asked him to do. I don’t believe he has missed an offseason workout except the one time he had to get checked out for his concussion. He’s working extremely hard. He had three excellent days in the mini-camp. We’ve got some competition. We’ve got a lot of guys working extremely hard. I think our conditioning staff is doing a great job getting these guys ready for our OTAs and players have done everything I have asked them to do.”

On if this draft is deep enough to only have four picks to address the team’s needs:

“Obviously there’s a gameplan there, exactly how far do you slide, and what do you get in return. There are a number of different scenarios that we’ll look at, and possibly do, you just don’t really know at this time. But it’s part of your gameplan going in, what gives you the best chance to have success long-term, and that’ll be part of the process.”

On if he is happy with four picks in the NFL Draft or would he like to add more:

“I would like a lot of picks.”

Haslett

On where Albert Haynesworth fits on this defense:

“Albert is a guy who we would love to have here and we would love to have him now. He is a very talented player, a very smart player and a guy who can play almost any position. I think he is athletic enough to play anything. When Albert does show, he will have to play all three [front] positions. In nickel and dime he will play end, he will play tackle, he is going to play a lot of different positions. Hopefully, he comes soon because there is a lot to learn. I am excited about the opportunity to work with him.”

On whether Albert Haynesworth will be strictly a nose tackle:

“He will play every position up and down the front in this scheme.”

On whether LaRon Landry will play free or strong safety:

“In our scheme we don’t have a strong and free. We have a left and right, open and closed. You can call it what you want. They have to know both spots because of motions and shifts. You can call it strong, free, it doesn’t really make a difference. They will all be in the box. They will all be in space. They will all blitz. They will all do a number of different things.”

Portis

On if it’s different with Donovan McNabb in the huddle:

“It actually is. Every year you step into the huddle with Jason [Campbell], it was like he was learning as well. I was trying to figure out if Donovan had played in this system before. He came in with the terminology; he’s already making checks and readjusting receivers’ routes. He looked good. But at the same time, just a system where everything relates, everything looks the same; I think this system would have helped Jason out a lot. It’s different. You got a proven guy in Donovan who had been outcast and feels as if he has something to prove, and he’s here. I think everyone on this roster feels the same way.”
Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

chris samuels is our card runner at the draft haha

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-at-the-draft/

RIP, Sean Taylor.