Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-19-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
chris samuels is our card runner at the draft haha

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-at-the-draft/
Changing of the guard maybe?? Next franchise tackle on the way hopefully.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vinny Cerrato On Baltimore Radio 105.7 The Fan is talking about his time with the Skins and also the upcoming draft. A few interesting remarks:

On one pick he'd change from past: "I would probably instead of Carlos Rogers, I would’ve taken DeMarcus Ware."

" Bardfords not a vocal leader. You would like more of a vocal leader out of your quarterback."

"Dan(Snyder) only asked me for one thing on draft day, and thats to draft a pro bowler"

Talking about Sean Taylor Vs Kellen Winslow:
-Says Sean was out of shape
-Gibbs would of taken Winslow if draft was that day.
-Winslow didnt answer door for Breakfast when Gibbs knocked, and over slept.
-Sean Wowed them on game film.

If he was GM right now for the Skins he'd be sweating waiting to see if our tackle is going to be there at 4.

Said he took someone to dinner last year, someone who was picked ahead of the skins in the first and he was very obnoxious yelling across the table. And they took him off the board after that because they said he wouldn't fit in the locker room. Added he had a bad year this season. No comment who it was.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the Redskins' final minicamp practice Sunday, Landry for the first time addressed his feelings about hearing his name mentioned in trade speculation, discussed his evolving role in the Redskins' new 3-4 defense and characterized 2009 as a "disappointing season for me."

"During that time, as far as a trade being concerned with me, I didn't take it as a negative thing or being upsetting," Landry said while walking off the field at Redskins Park. "I looked at it like this, 'There are other teams who wanted me.' They really wanted me. If the Skins wanted to give me up, I'd be gone by now.

"The whole thing is different. The 3-4 is way different than a 4-3. Different calls. I'm learning strong safety and free safety. But predominantly I am a strong safety. When the passing strength changes, I'm a free safety, so I need to learn everything. I want to know the whole defense. I want to be a leader back there. More vocal and by my athletic ability. I feel very comfortable in the defense so far. ... Looks like it's gonna be a fun year."

Landry added muscle in anticipation of playing in the box more often this season. He said he weighs about 230 pounds.

Landry on 106.7 talking to Lavar and Chad.
- Admitted right off the bat that he had a bad year last year.
- Glad to not be playing "savior" since he would rather be moving forward to attack the ball than backward to wait for the look.
- Says he is really psyched to be playing in the new defense.
- Will be playing mostly SS, but also a little bit of FS AND some LB
- Would love bringing in someone like Darren Sharper to mentor and motivate the secondary.
- Really happy to be able to use his speed and aggressiveness to blitz and attack the ball.
- Re: the D. Hall and Haynesworth tiff in Atlanta, said that he was already under heat for his late hit and didn't want to incur more fines.
- Lavar says "He's big and he can run and he can hit. If you can do that you can play LB. Urlacher was a safety."
Old 04-19-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins signed RB Ryan Torain. Barring injury I bet he gets the most carries for the Skins next year. Shanny loved him.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see Shanny/Haslett intend to use Landry the way he should be used.

This D can surprise some people with a Legit D-coordinator running the show I think.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh my goodness landry is up to 230... anyone have a updated picture of his bobybuilder body ?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
oh my goodness landry is up to 230... anyone have a updated picture of his bobybuilder body ?
Closest I could find.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Ma'ake Kemoeatu is a beast in Call of Duty lol
You played him? I was good at that game too, but I haven't played in forever, I stopped playing once Modern Warfare was released, but I was Cal-I.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Closest I could find.
haha my goodness just look at his shoulders compared to hortons on the left. i still believe that he has what it takes to be a top SS in this league. hope im right.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Redskins signed RB Ryan Torain. Barring injury I bet he gets the most carries for the Skins next year. Shanny loved him.
i bet if hes healthy he still wont get the most carries. theres a bunch of backs on this roster he liked. portis, torain and aldridge. factor in that willie parker could be deadly in this system as well. im very intrigued if anyone really has a starters role at rb this year.

and that landry picture is just dumb.. what a freak, heres to haslett for getting him to develop.

and also, rumors going around that mcnabb and t.o. were filming some pros vs joes the tv show and having conversation that they would like to play together again. mcnabb supposely talked to brucie and shanny about this as well. personally, i would love t.o. as have even if he wa splaying us half the time.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who's playing FS? Doughty and Hort definitely don't have the range to play deep field especially in the new defense.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
So who's playing FS? Doughty and Hort definitely don't have the range to play deep field especially in the new defense.
i think reed deserves a shot at fs. hes done nothing to convince me that he cant succeed at fs with the right coaching. he is one of the best students we have on defense. im 95% sure that he played FS at norther colorado. the key is going to be putting a lot more pressure on the qb so that our dbs dont have to work as hard as they have in the past.

Check out this draft profile of Reed.
http://foxsports.foxnews.com/other/s...-Draft-Profile
Old 04-20-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL apparently McNabb is encouraging the skins to pickup Terrel Owens, thatd make it 3 out of 4 NFC east teams.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
LOL apparently McNabb is encouraging the skins to pickup Terrel Owens, thatd make it 3 out of 4 NFC east teams.
I'm not going to lie I wouldn't be totally against it. TO showed in Buffalo last year that he can behave even on a crappy team. He's not an elite receiver anymore, but still probably better than anything we have. I'd be fine with a 1 year deal, short term solution.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Skins acquire Adam Carriker for a swap of late round picks.

I like this move, he worked under Haslett so there will be familiarity there and the price wasn't too much for a guy of his talent. This could all but seal the deal for Haynesworth in D.C. imho.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles...s_11387 5.jsp

Steddy Ambition!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
This is BS. McNabb is denying the TO to DC story.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...ng-to-add.html
I never believed this from the outset. They may have made up off the field but why revisit a bad experience for McNabb on the field.
And Shanahan has said the Skins aren't going there.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
i think reed deserves a shot at fs. hes done nothing to convince me that he cant succeed at fs with the right coaching. he is one of the best students we have on defense. im 95% sure that he played FS at norther colorado. the key is going to be putting a lot more pressure on the qb so that our dbs dont have to work as hard as they have in the past.

Check out this draft profile of Reed.
http://foxsports.foxnews.com/other/s...-Draft-Profile
I like Reed as a backup/ST guy but not at starting FS. After OT (both LT & RT) I think the Skins next biggest need is a true FS. I'm hoping for a shot at Burnett, Wright, Allen, or Stuckey with a pick we acquire for Campbell (hopefully a 3rd).
Old 04-20-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

3rd for Campbell aint happening. If we got a 4th for him I'd be jumping for joy.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:00 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
I like Reed as a backup/ST guy but not at starting FS.
i think your wrong to immediately dismiss reed at fs. reed is so underrated and one of the hardest workers on defense. not saying hes going to be amazing but i definitely think hes earned a chance.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

merry draft day skins fans!!

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Goodbye Haynesworth, McIntosh and Carter!

Welcome draft picks! C'monnn.

But in all reality lets trade down get Trent and a 2nd or 3rd somehow pleeeeeeeeeease.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Trent Williams is the pick!

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, Shanny got the guy that he thinks is a perfect fit for a ZBS. You can't complain about that.

Also, I just heard Clayton on ESPN just say that the Skins are trying to trade some players to get more picks right now. He said Devin Thomas is being shopped for a draft pick along with Campbell and Carter. He said Haynesworth trade is not likely at this point.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Why the hell would we trade Devin Thomas. He's our only promising receiver. Our receiving corps is already one of the worst in the league.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

im scared for today.. dont want to see trades really. only campbell, no one else. maybe andre sadly although i love both. (this is critesy btw, just at my brothers house)