Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-23-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We MUST move up in the fourth and take Bruce Campbell.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we even need to move up for him? Also, I wouldn't mind Capers if we miss out on Campbell. He is supposed to be a good fit for zone blocking as well. Getting one of those OT's that dropped would be awesome though.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:18 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Do we even need to move up for him? Also, I wouldn't mind Capers if we miss out on Campbell. He is supposed to be a good fit for zone blocking as well. Getting one of those OT's that dropped would be awesome though.
Capers sucks ass. I wouldn't spend anything more than a 7th for him. Campbell's potential especially in the ZBS is too great to pass up in the 4th round. If all it will take is giving a 5th to move up to one of these first picks in the 4th you have to do it. If that means Campbell eventually one day plays LT and Trent RT, whatever. At least he can be a versatile backup, nothing we've had in a long time. Still some amazing talent we could get in the 4th. Everson Griffen, Arthur Jones, and Corey Wooten could come in and start at DE especially since I'm not sold on Carriker as anything more than rotation. Ricky Sapp could be a 34 olbacker. Also don't rule out Shanny hand picking a feature back even though we have 4 on roster. Someone like McKnight, Dwyer, or Anthony Dixon would be great value in the 4th. Also watch out for another talented WR being brought in since the FO obviously feels that's a top priority. Maybe Carlton Mitchell or a flier on Mike Williams. Greg Hardy and George Selvie are some interesting names to consider in the 5th if they are still there.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 04-24-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

perry riley?!? seriously thats who you take with all those people there. i would of loved eric norwood waaaay more than him. or thad gibson. meh.

rocky for sure done ?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Awful pick.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

AWFUL Draft. Dennis Morris are you fcking kidding me? TE is our last need and if you do go TE for some strange reason why not take Anthony McCoy or Dorrin Dickerson. Fck we could have had Greg Hardy or Selvie to play 34 OLB. Hell Jonathan Dwyer.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 04-24-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Awful pick.
I dunno. Late draft is a craps shoot anyway. I'm basing this next bit on no statistical platform... but it always seems to me that the players that are the "steals" of the late round very rarely amount to anything. Feel free to disprove me.. but i've been reading this forum and watching the draft for a while and it always seems like the critics choice (so to speak) almost always flop.

It would be an interesting case study to take all the draft grades of the last decade or so (maybe even round them out using multiple sources) and then seeing how the most critally acclaimed drafting teams did in terms of a win loss precentage over the same amount of time.

Oh BTW, i agree from a positional standpoint that tight end isn't an area of need. But whether or not it's a good pick remains to be seen. What i'm giving you then is agreement on a higher probability of it being a bad pick... just given the fact that our roster already has 2 quality starting tight ends.

Last edited by McBain : 04-24-2010 at 02:43 PM.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

im actually pretty excited for this.

williams is good.
perry riley.. meh needed some quality lb, hope he can be good.
dennis morris looks promising to take over for sellers.
terrance austin.. i have no clue
erik cook and selvish capers are both shannys guys so im leaving it to him

overall i think its B-
Old 04-24-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

The big story for me was trading campbell for a 2012 4th rounder.
Do they expect no draft next year,kind of sad.
Or maybe the talent pool will be thin with juniors opting to stay in school with the rookie cap coming in and a bigger pool of nfl free agents available in 2011.

Overall, i like what they have done, but like most of you didnt take players i wanted.
Only 1 defensive player taken(2 if you include jarmon) and no free safety.
LB Riley projects to inside backer in the nfl and with only fletcher and blades there im not too down with this move.Reckoned to go in rounds 4 to 5 so no reach.
Morris will be the competition to beat out sellers(will the curse of williams/ecker/broughton and white strike again-wait and see!)but surely he was going undrafted-a reach.
Austin taken for a kick/punt returner-a need for us.
Cook is big but his 40 time is slow-a guard or center looking to make the practice squad.
Capers=good value here no?

I'll feel even better about this draft if we pick up jammal brown,hurry up and get it done dammit!
And while we are at it pick up some running backs like Blount undrafted.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

im very intrigued to see what rb shanny gets. someone like shawnbrey mcneal would be awesome.

maybe bring in someone like jarrett brown or snead too.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AWFUL Draft. Dennis Morris are you fcking kidding me? TE is our last need and if you do go TE for some strange reason why not take Anthony McCoy or Dorrin Dickerson. Fck we could have had Greg Hardy or Selvie to play 34 OLB. Hell Jonathan Dwyer.
The TE will play FB they said...
Old 04-25-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Haha it's a fcking highlight tape but Dennis Morris is my new man crush. He has potential to be utilized all over the field. He steps in and at least contributes on special teams.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in that highlight tape he goes 1 on 1 with kyle wilson on a fade route and gets a td. <3

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha it's a fcking highlight tape but Dennis Morris is my new man crush. He has potential to be utilized all over the field. He steps in and at least contributes on special teams.
haha love your turnaround on morris! im not going to lie i was in vegas watching most of draft without sound and when i saw we took a te i was pissed too but obviously hes going to play fullback so that makes a lot more sense and from what ive seen so far of him he looks like hes got some serious potential.

shanny got the guy he wanted in the first and the analyst have all pretty much agreed hes the best fit for i trust the pick over okung. the riley pick was somewhat perplexing at first but with fletcher at 35 and the uncertainty of rocky mcintosh it does make sense that they wanted depth at that spot. the value on riley wasnt that far off. i thought he might have been a 5th round kind of guy but our fo watches a hell of a lot more tape than i do.

im intrigued by udfa keiland williams. i think he could be a decent fit. hes still an udfa so its not like i have huge expectations or anything but i do see some potential in him. hes a good blocker, has nice hands, and although he isnt especially fast, hes quick.

i loved the campbell to oakland trade for a future 4th round pick. i was starting to think we wouldnt get anything for him so that was a really pleasant surprise.

and on another note...looks like colts at least going to get a fair chance with shanny!

Last edited by DiG : 04-26-2010 at 10:34 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'm still majorly nervous with Trent Williams. His best fit is RT. He's one of those guys who has the look of a LT but IMO performs much better at RT. Just like Jared Gaither who has the look of a RT but sucks there. I wouldn't be shocked to see Williams as our starting RT and Capers or Heyer on the left side. IDK maybe that's just me.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its hard to gauge that imo strip being that shannys offense is so different than what was run at oklahoma. shanny knows what type of players fit his ol scheme. i do think hell start at lt. im hearing trent at lt and hicks at rt. heyer is way too fat and slow for shanahans offense.

Last edited by DiG : 04-26-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

damn i just watched that d-mo video and i am on board with that man crush you mentioned strip. that kid is a fierce blocker.

Last edited by DiG : 04-26-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
damn i just watched that d-mo video and i am on board with that man crush you mentioned strip. that kid is a fierce blocker.
Not to mention a really athletic pass catcher. BTW I'd rather see Heyer take a shot at RG, even there though he's probably too slow, lol.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Yea that Morris kid is just a football player. Seems like he will at least make an impact on special teams this season. Great catch for a TD against Wilson as well.

I didn't really like the Riley pick over Bruce Campbell but I can understand wanting some LB depth. I think overall they did a pretty good job with the picks they had. I'm willing to give Shanny the benefit of the doubt with Trent over Okung. I like the 3 OL picks as well, they understand we need to bulk up there big time.

Then consider you get Mcnabb for the 2nd round pick and Jarmon for the 3rd and you have to be pretty optimistic about the additions to this team.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

"Nah, man, I'm playing strong safety," Landry said in a phone interview Sunday......

"What I'm saying is, what I was trying to say, is that strong safety, in my role this season as far as being a leader, I want to know what everybody does on the field. Even the d-linemen and the linebackers," he said. "With me playing strong safety, I'm at linebacker depth, so I need to know my [run] gaps, my coverages and everything.

"With that said I know the linebacker position right now. I want to be able to explain to everybody what the MIKE [middle], WILL [weak-side] and SAM [strong-side] linebackers are supposed to do in our defense. ... The MIKE and the strong [safety] and the free are basically the quarterbacks of the defense. They need to know everything. That's what I was saying."
Old 04-26-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you dont know how hard i was pulling for eric norwood instead of riley at the 4th round.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I had Riley as a 7th-undrafted prospect, so whatever. So how are Cody Glenn and Robert Henson doing, lol, and yes I know we have the all knowing Bruce Allen now.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

S Darren Sharper starting to make visits - Jags up first. Miami, Dallas, Washingtin could be possibilities. Saints want him back, too
Old 04-28-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw you guys picked up LSU RB Keiland Williams as a UDFA. He was my favorite running back while he was at LSU and I think he should excel in Shanny's ZBS. He has awesome potential and did better at LSU when we had more of a finesse OL than power OL. I hope he does well for you guys.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:10 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Redskins sign Joey Galloway and Bobby Wade.
http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/l...329&feedID=272

"Galloway and Wade will need good training camps to make the roster. The Redskins currently have 10 receivers on the roster and have generally kept only five or six on the 53-man roster. Santana Moss, Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly are likely locks, seventh-round pick Terrence Austin will get a chance to make the team as a return specialist and second-year player Marko Mitchell flashed last preseason and spent the entire year on the active roster."