Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-04-2015, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2015 49ers Draft

Happy Draft season everybody, less than a month away!! 2015 draft only chat here! I'm loving the idea of grabbing a WR in either the 1st or 2nd round, there's also the possibility of CB, DE, and MLB. Let the games begin.

WR Big Board:

Kevin White - Top 10
Dorial Green-Beckham - 1st
Amari Cooper - 1st
Breshad Perriman - 1st/2nd
DeVante Parker - 1st/2nd
Devin Smith - 2nd
Jalen Strong - 2nd
Phillip Dorsett - 2nd
Nelson Agholor - 2nd/3rd
Sammie Coates - 2nd/3rd
Justin Hardy - 3rd
Tyler Lockett - 3rd

DE Big Board:

Leonard Williams - Top 5
Arik Armstead - 1st
Malcom Brown - 1st/2nd
Eddie Goldman - 2nd
Carl Davis - 2nd/3rd

CB Big Board:

Marcus Peters - 1st
Trae Waynes - 1st
Byron Jones - 1st
Jalen Colins - 1st/2nd
Kevin Johnson - 1st/2nd
Ronald Darby - 2nd
Quinten Rollins - 2nd
Senquez Golson - 2nd
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu - 3rd

MLB Big Board:

Stephen Anthony - 2nd
Denzel Perryman - 2nd
Eric Kendricks - 2nd
Paul Dawson - 2nd-3rd
Benardrick McKinney - 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing CB will be the pick or hopefully, we trade down and acquire more picks. Baalke definitely should have re-signed Culliver or Cox. Wright and Cook??? LMFAO!!! Both suck. Give me a break. The retirements didn't help either. They just made things worse.

Anyway, CB wise, im hoping for Collins if I had to pick one. WR wise, I want Beckham. DE wise, Williams would be a dream but to move up into the top 5, no way. ILB is a possibility but not until the 2nd.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your WR rankings are pretty different from most. I for one would love Parker with our pick or would even trade up a few spots for him.

Else i would go CB or DE but i still feel we really need to add a potential number one to replace Boldin after this year and pair up with Smith.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I'm guessing CB will be the pick or hopefully, we trade down and acquire more picks. Baalke definitely should have re-signed Culliver or Cox. Wright and Cook??? LMFAO!!! Both suck. Give me a break. The retirements didn't help either. They just made things worse.

Anyway, CB wise, im hoping for Collins if I had to pick one. WR wise, I want Beckham. DE wise, Williams would be a dream but to move up into the top 5, no way. ILB is a possibility but not until the 2nd.
As far as CB I'm a little more optimistic in that I think our depth there is actually pretty good with Brock, Donate, Wright, Cook, Reaser, and Acker. Reaser in particularly interest me. Also don't forget Jimmie Ward will be playing a lot of corner. I would have liked to see Culliver come back but I don't miss Cox at all. Problem is Brock is more of a #2 and Johnson and the rest of the guys should be competing for #3 and #4 not #2 and #3. With all those guys though I think we can hold off until round 2 or 3 and pick up a guy like Darby or Quinten Rollins to join the group. Hopefully one of these young guys will emerge as a stud!

Quote:
Old 04-04-2015, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
Your WR rankings are pretty different from most. I for one would love Parker with our pick or would even trade up a few spots for him.

Else i would go CB or DE but i still feel we really need to add a potential number one to replace Boldin after this year and pair up with Smith.
Yeah I really don't see it with Parker or Jalen Strong for that matter. I think they are both 2nd round guys who play a lot slower than they time and really struggle gaining any type of separation against virtually any college CB. These guys can put a numbers in the right system but not 1st round guys IMO. Reminds me of Jordan Mathews, not a bad player, can put up numbers with enough targets but nothing special talent wise.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2015, 09:02 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on Jaelen Strong but I see Parker as being faster on tape than he timed. Parker reminds me of AJ Green. Oh well... that's why it's interesting.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I agree on Jaelen Strong but I see Parker as being faster on tape than he timed. Parker reminds me of AJ Green. Oh well... that's why it's interesting.
Was there a certain game tape of his than impressed you? Maybe I didn't see one of his better games.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2015, 10:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Was there a certain game tape of his than impressed you? Maybe I didn't see one of his better games.
Well, he missed most of 2014 and was slowed a bit when he returned but I still thought he looked great against Florida State and Kentucky.

In 2013, I loved what I saw against Miami and Cincinnati.

In 2012, I was really only watching Bridgewater, but I remember him killing my Pitt Panthers.

Last edited by phlysac : 04-04-2015 at 11:08 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

I watched Parker vs FSU, The first play is a busted coverage, his other big play in the 3rd quarter is a slip/push-off..other than that I thought he did a good job of working the underneath routes and making some nice catches but to me he is not dynamic or dominating by any stretch of the imagination. A fine red zone threat and possession WR but not a #1.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2015, 04:29 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do we feel about Byron Jones for the 49ers? Seems like a smart kid.

If we could go Parker with our first pick and then Jones...would that suit you folks?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-19-2015 at 04:38 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
How do we feel about Byron Jones for the 49ers? Seems like a smart kid.

If we could go Parker with our first pick and then Jones...would that suit you folks?
Jones is a decent CB prospect but plays nothing like his combine numbers suggest. I wouldn't complain if he's a 49er in the 2nd but I have a feeling he'll go before their selection.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:39 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we had 3 2nd round picks. I feel like that is where the true value is
Old 04-20-2015, 05:16 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I wish we had 3 2nd round picks. I feel like that is where the true value is
And if Baalke's guy isn't there at 15 he'll do his damndest to get the value you describe.

Players 10-50 are all close to the same IMO.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:42 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of guys that I think fit the Baalke mold are:

Lynden Trail, Quinten Rollins

They are both versatile/athletic guys who could play multiple positions.

Who are some other guys you think will be targeted, and who could be "redshirt" candidates for this year's draft?
Old 04-21-2015, 06:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
who could be "redshirt" candidates for this year's draft?
Prime candidate for a Baalke Red-Shirt...

Old 04-21-2015, 08:28 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find myself REALLY liking DGB the more I watch. I initially took him off my board completely with the off the field stuff. Didn't review none of his tape..didn't want us to go near him. But I kept reading how he was so impressive with his inteviews so I researched and found out that the OU coaches raved about his attitude and how he was such a remarkable kid his entire time there so I finally started to watch some tape. He is VERY raw. His technique, especially at the top of his stem needs major work but for a guy that big, his short-area ability is quite remarkable. He has such quick and nimble feet for a guy that long. He's been out of football for a year but I think what I saw at the Combine was compelling enough that I've jumped him to the second WR on my board after Cooper.

I like Parker. His foot problems are a BIG issue for me. I don't know if I can take him at 15, with those issues in his past and just having dealt with a first round WR who had foot issues. I like White also but I'm not entirely sold on him as this beast WR at the next level that his measurements and triangle numbers would suggest. Something there just doesn't add up.

What I saw from DGB at the Combine was a guy who was overweight, but still looked like a top echelon athlete. I think his ideal playing weight is anywhere between 220-225 lbs. You get his body in peak condition and spend his first year as a pro just really honing in on his technique and learning from a guy like Boldin and he could be the second biggest match-up problem in the league behind Megatron in his 2nd year. I think he has that kind potential. And I think he's a lot higher on team's board then they're leading ppl to believe.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I like him too, but he scares the $hit out of me.

As you said, he basically doesn't know how to play WR yet and he still flashes brilliance. It's crazy how easily he creates short-area separation for a man his height. Rare combination of height and minimal stride length.

My dream would be able to trade down and get him or select at 15 and then jump back into late 1 and get him.

Who knows. These next 8 days are going to be painful.

Last edited by phlysac : 04-21-2015 at 10:13 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for a trade down, draft DGB and still end up with an extra second or third. Correct me if im wrong but he hasn't been in any off the field trouble for over a year from what I read so maybe, just maybe, he's starting to get it.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:40 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I find myself REALLY liking DGB the more I watch. I initially took him off my board completely with the off the field stuff. Didn't review none of his tape..didn't want us to go near him. But I kept reading how he was so impressive with his inteviews so I researched and found out that the OU coaches raved about his attitude and how he was such a remarkable kid his entire time there so I finally started to watch some tape. He is VERY raw. His technique, especially at the top of his stem needs major work but for a guy that big, his short-area ability is quite remarkable. He has such quick and nimble feet for a guy that long. He's been out of football for a year but I think what I saw at the Combine was compelling enough that I've jumped him to the second WR on my board after Cooper.

I like Parker. His foot problems are a BIG issue for me. I don't know if I can take him at 15, with those issues in his past and just having dealt with a first round WR who had foot issues. I like White also but I'm not entirely sold on him as this beast WR at the next level that his measurements and triangle numbers would suggest. Something there just doesn't add up.

What I saw from DGB at the Combine was a guy who was overweight, but still looked like a top echelon athlete. I think his ideal playing weight is anywhere between 220-225 lbs. You get his body in peak condition and spend his first year as a pro just really honing in on his technique and learning from a guy like Boldin and he could be the second biggest match-up problem in the league behind Megatron in his 2nd year. I think he has that kind potential. And I think he's a lot higher on team's board then they're leading ppl to believe.
I second all this.

Ideally we can trade down a bit and still grab him and a couple other picks
Old 04-24-2015, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

I'd like to 3rd this but how far down can we really trade and still get this guy? The Texans could easily take this guy at #16 or he could fall into the late 20's...I have no idea. What makes me pessimistic about our chances of drafting him are all of Jed's "win with class" BS....he'd have to eat his words a bit to select a player with so much baggage in the 1st round.....

Quote:
Old 04-25-2015, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parker looks like the next Isaac Bruce or AJ Green. Please get him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I'd like to 3rd this but how far down can we really trade and still get this guy? The Texans could easily take this guy at #16 or he could fall into the late 20's...I have no idea. What makes me pessimistic about our chances of drafting him are all of Jed's "win with class" BS....he'd have to eat his words a bit to select a player with so much baggage in the 1st round.....
Well we signed Jerome Simpson in free agency so that whole diatribe from Jed doesn't hold water. If Baalke likes a guy enough to look past his previous transgressions, Jed will play like a good little owner and go along with his GM. And DGB had no incidents at OU so he seems to have learned and matured but only time will tell.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

So....

Arik Armstead is mocked to the 49ers in seemingly 75% of all mocks. What are your thoughts on him???

I'm terribly conflicted.

1. Most of the time I see a guy who plays far too high, lacks consistent technique, and lacks quick instinct to track down ball carriers and/or find the QB outside the pocket. (Journeyman at best)

2. Some of the time I see a player who explodes low off the ball, with perfect and extended hand-placement and is simply unblockable as he easily devours the ball-carrier. (One of the most dominant 5-techs in the League)

3. He's 20 years old.

He's probably the scariest prospect for me to love or hate. I suppose if Tomsula gives the green light on him, then it's a good sign for what he and Baalke see.
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Wouldn't mind Armstead in the second round.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Wouldn't mind Armstead in the second round.
Well, I wouldn't mind Amari Cooper in the 2nd round, either. They're just not going to fall that far.