Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-02-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never seen Clay Matthews as a 3-4 WILL ever. He's gained nearly 80lbs in 2+ years and he still weighs less than Manny Lawson.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Raji, Monroe, Jason Smith, Crabtree and Curry are off the board (which is very likely) then I would hope to trade down for more picks.

It can't hurt to go back to the ways of the great Bill Walsh!
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac
BANG!

The best part of that article...
Ah. If only I'd got that far eh? :P

---

I really like Borat's thinking vis a vis us trading away the #10 (if Sanchez is available) to someone eager to step in front of Denver. The Bucs, Bears and Jets have good mid round picks and shaky QB situations. With the lack of elite talent and a list of needs that we could fill in the late 1st early and two picks in the 2nd I think that'd be a fantasy scenario on the day. However, assuming that Stafford goes at #1 and with Sanchez receiving glowing reports from his pro day I'm, not sure he lasts 'til our pick.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I don't think he slips past the Pats in round one but if by some chance he does, I am sure that he'll be long gone by pick 43.
Yeah, I never said anything about taking him at 43. I think he'd be a good pick for us in the 15-20 range.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
not sure he lasts 'til our pick.
The Jags seem to be fond of him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Jags seem to be fond of him.
And even if he fell past the Jags, why wouldn't the Packers entertain trading down with someone who feels they need to jump the 49ers in order to grab Sanchez. Nothing seems likely that Sanchez is on the board at #10.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Raji appears to have tested positive on a drug test. I'm curious to find out more info on this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...aji/index.html
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
And even if he fell past the Jags, why wouldn't the Packers entertain trading down with someone who feels they need to jump the 49ers in order to grab Sanchez. Nothing seems likely that Sanchez is on the board at #9.
Maybe the Pack doesn't want to trade down? They may really want to take their guy at #10.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.

Last edited by Borat : 04-02-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Yeah, and my trade ideas are psycho??? Thats WAY too much for a QB who hasnt done any better than who we have. People will say that he has far better stats but of course he does, the Broncos defense was horrible and behind most of their games so obviously he's going to be passing a lot. Just like Garcia did back in 2000.

No way in hell would I give up this year's first and third plus next year's second for a guy who's arguably a bigger crybaby than T.O. And why anyone would want to give DEN anything more than what they used on Cutler when he was drafted (which was the 2006 10th overall draft pick) is beyond me.

*sends Scot McCloughan an urgent email*
Bears disagree with you. Also when was the last time a QB, like Cutler, hit the trade market. It is pretty rare to have a QB, pretty damn close to his prime, hit the market.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have a Niners tattoo?
Yeah, I was born in SF so I killed two birds with one stone. I am thinking of getting the old school San Francisco Giants logo on the back of my calf next.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am totally in agreement with you guys, we could really bait someone into a nice deal if we were going to move down.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac25fan View Post
Raji appears to have tested positive on a drug test. I'm curious to find out more info on this.
I'm guessing marijuana or some supplement that tests positive.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac25fan View Post
If Raji, Monroe, Jason Smith, Crabtree and Curry are off the board (which is very likely) then I would hope to trade down for more picks.

It can't hurt to go back to the ways of the great Bill Walsh!
Hellooo Everette Brown, where is the love?!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here is my new idea.

if Sanchez is there @ 10, Denver will want him. What if we trade down to for both of their picks?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

If Denver wanted to swap 1st round picks and give us their 2nd rounder, I would be just fine with that.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
here is my new idea.

if Sanchez is there @ 10, Denver will want him. What if we trade down to for both of their picks?
That would be great if they'd take the bait because the Niners would only lose two draft spots. I doubt they give us the much, but they could if they were completely sold on Sanchez.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

well, here the thing on that.
sanchez had dinner w/ jacksonville from what some report on espn has that went over real well. if jack doesn't take him...sf may very well take him.
i mean, lets be realistic here. why hasn't anyone supported hill? why insist alex smith is the next peyton manning? what is the ultimate plan @ qb right now?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
well, here the thing on that.
sanchez had dinner w/ jacksonville from what some report on espn has that went over real well. if jack doesn't take him...sf may very well take him.
i mean, lets be realistic here. why hasn't anyone supported hill? why insist alex smith is the next peyton manning? what is the ultimate plan @ qb right now?
personally i think the front office will think crazy hard about who to take at ten if Sanchez is still available and say Oher or Brown is as well

and apparently Sanchez is coming in for a visit

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...urn=nfl,152328

Last edited by 49erfaithful : 04-02-2009 at 08:56 PM.
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Bears disagree with you. Also when was the last time a QB, like Cutler, hit the trade market. It is pretty rare to have a QB, pretty damn close to his prime, hit the market.
Better them then us. TWO first rounders, a third rounder and Orton for Cutler and a 5th??? Please. The Bears were just ripped off badly.

The only reason why DEN traded Cutler was because McDaniels ****** up in trying to acquire Cassel when he already had a QB. Should have traded Cutler once FA started and then used those extra picks for Cassel.

And the Bears are morons but since everyone's job is on the line there, Smith and Angelo wont give a damn about not having a first rounder in 2010 if they're both gone. And they still have no receivers, an average at best OL (including Pace) and I dont even know who their RB is not that I care.

Bottom line is that you guys can bash me all you want and be sad, pissed or whatever but im personally the happiest 49ers fan here. And as long as we dont draft Staffod/Sanchez/Freeman, I'll be even happier.

But hey, to each his/her own.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfaithful View Post
personally i think the front office will think crazy hard about who to take at ten if Sanchez is still available and say Oher or Brown is as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

And as long as we dont draft Staffod/Sanchez/Freeman, I'll be even happier.
If If Sanchez, Brown and Oher are all available at 10 and we don't lure Denver into a trade, I think I'd be upset.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really, really, really do not want the 49ers drafting Everette Brown at 10. If we do trade down to 13-15 and get an extra 2nd rounder I would be okay with him in the first but I think he is being overrated at this point.

6'1'', 253 pounds, 4.73 40, 2.68 20 yard dash, 1.59 10 yard dash, 4.53 20 yard shuttle, 7.55 3 cone drill, 31.5 vertical jump, 9'8'' broad jump, 26 225 LB reps, 46.5 TFL and 23.0 sacks in the past 3 seasons

6'1'', 245 pounds, 4.75 40, 2.71 20 yard dash, 1.60 10 yard dash, 4.22 20 yard shuttle, 6.91 3 cone drill, 41.5 vertical jump, 9'8'' broad jump, 16 225 LB reps, 48.5 TFL and 32.5 sacks in the past 3 seasons

One player is a top 15 pick and the other is a 4th rounder at best. ???
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez to visit the 49ers next week

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...%20and%20Q%26A

Sanchez seems to have some good leadership skills...i could easily see Singletary falling in love with him. If he's there at 10 i really think he will be our pick.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I really, really, really do not want the 49ers drafting Everette Brown at 10. If we do trade down to 13-15 and get an extra 2nd rounder I would be okay with him in the first but I think he is being overrated at this point.

6'1'', 253 pounds, 4.73 40, 2.68 20 yard dash, 1.59 10 yard dash, 4.53 20 yard shuttle, 7.55 3 cone drill, 31.5 vertical jump, 9'8'' broad jump, 26 225 LB reps, 46.5 TFL and 23.0 sacks in the past 3 seasons

6'1'', 245 pounds, 4.75 40, 2.71 20 yard dash, 1.60 10 yard dash, 4.22 20 yard shuttle, 6.91 3 cone drill, 41.5 vertical jump, 9'8'' broad jump, 16 225 LB reps, 48.5 TFL and 32.5 sacks in the past 3 seasons

We know you LOVE Phillip Hunt.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
here is my new idea.

I dont see Denver being that desperate for a QB. I think we would receive a third rounder at best but most likely a fourth for switching firsts.

Look at the trade value chart. The 10th overall is only worth 100 more points than the 12th overall.

Do you all think they are that desperate for a QB?
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post

Did you forget about the fact that Brown is a better football player or something?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote