Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-02-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Better them then us. TWO first rounders, a third rounder and Orton for Cutler and a 5th??? Please. The Bears were just ripped off badly.

The only reason why DEN traded Cutler was because McDaniels ****** up in trying to acquire Cassel when he already had a QB. Should have traded Cutler once FA started and then used those extra picks for Cassel.

And the Bears are morons but since everyone's job is on the line there, Smith and Angelo wont give a damn about not having a first rounder in 2010 if they're both gone. And they still have no receivers, an average at best OL (including Pace) and I dont even know who their RB is not that I care.

Bottom line is that you guys can bash me all you want and be sad, pissed or whatever but im personally the happiest 49ers fan here. And as long as we dont draft Staffod/Sanchez/Freeman, I'll be even happier.

But hey, to each his/her own.
How are they ripped off if they got a franchise QB? Oh and their RB Matt Forte he is ok.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And they still have no receivers, an average at best OL (including Pace) and I dont even know who their RB is not that I care.
They have a very good RB in Forte.

So you're saying that their "no recievers and average at best OL" are better off with Kyle Orton taking the snaps than Jay Cutler?

It's a lot harder to find a franchise QB than it is to find a stud OT or a stud WR. It's a good move by the Bears, IMO. I think their OL will be just fine and how often do rookie WR's come in and make an impact right away? Not often, it usually takes them 3 years. I dont believe pick #18 is a very good spot to draft from this year. Too early for Nicks or Britt at the WR spot and probably too late to select Crabtree or Maclin.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post

So you're saying that their "no recievers and average at best OL" are better off with Kyle Orton taking the snaps than Jay Cutler?

It's a lot harder to find a franchise QB than it is to find a stud OT or a stud WR. It's a good move by the Bears, IMO. I think their OL will be just fine and how often do rookie WR's come in and make an impact right away? Not often, it usually takes them 3 years. I dont believe pick #18 is a very good spot to draft from this year. Too early for Nicks or Britt at the WR spot and probably too late to select Crabtree or Maclin.
But maybe just right for DHB?
Cutler was much better off on the broncos, the bears have never had a prolific passing game. Cutler will have to make it happen all by himself in Chicago
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
We know you LOVE Phillip Hunt.
This I cannot deny but even if I didn't it doesn't make sense to draft Brown at 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75
Did you forget about the fact that Brown is a better football player or something?
How so? Hunt's repertoire of pass rush moves is the same as Brown's.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie61 View Post
But maybe just right for DHB?
Cutler was much better off on the broncos, the bears have never had a prolific passing game. Cutler will have to make it happen all by himself in Chicago
Welcome to Soldier Field, Mr. Cutler.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
How so? Hunt's repertoire of pass rush moves is the same as Brown's.
Oh I don't know watch him, you know the most accurate way to see something.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Oh I don't know watch him, you know the most accurate way to see something.
You're a liar!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75
How are they ripped off if they got a franchise QB? Oh and their RB Matt Forte he is ok.
If Cutler is a "franchise QB", DEN wouldnt have traded him. Cutler is the one who asked to be traded before McDaniels ever tried to trade him and Cutler was the one who was acting like he was the "victim". The guy is NOT a leader, is a crybaby and someone im happy we didnt trade for.

Cutler is also going to want a HUGE payday with his new team and when you add that with all the draft picks, he's not worth the huge gamble in my opinion. Plus, there's already reports going around that Cutler and OC Ron Turner despise each other from something that happened when Cutler was going to Illinois but then Turner rescinded the offer or something, Cutler was pissed and went to Vanderbilt. What happens in a few years if Cutler becomes a problem for his now new team?

Bottom line is again, im happy that we didnt trade for him because I would be very pissed off right now but thankfully, im a happy camper.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You probably have never even seen Hunt play. I have seen plenty of both of their games and I have never seen Brown do anything that I haven't seen Hunt do just as well.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
Cutler is a "franchise QB" and DEN just traded him.
Corrected.

He's a extremely good QB about to hit his prime, that the Broncos traded him speaks volumes of McDaniel's inexperience and poor man management skills.

Quote:
Cutler is the one who asked to be traded before McDaniels ever tried to trade him and Cutler was the one who was acting like he was the "victim". The guy is NOT a leader, is a crybaby and someone im happy we didnt trade for.
Don't mistake someone being a jackass for a lack of talent. As you are a huge supporter of TO I would have though you'd find that easier than most...

Quote:
Cutler is also going to want a HUGE payday with his new team and when you add that with all the draft picks, he's not worth the huge gamble in my opinion. Plus, there's already reports going around that Cutler and OC Ron Turner despise each other from something that happened when Cutler was going to Illinois but then Turner rescinded the offer or something, Cutler was pissed and went to Vanderbilt. What happens in a few years if Cutler becomes a problem for his now new team?
A huge payday? Top class QBs tend to get that these days... Though I'd expect the Bears to wait a season to size up his performance before obliging.

Plus bearing in mind he was a first round pick out of Vanderbilt and was worshipped there I'm fairly sure that he'll have gotten over his problems with Turner. I mean it's not as if Turner just arrived in town and threw him out...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten

I dont think that Cutler is going to make that much (if any) difference compared to Orton. The only positive that the Bears now have is that the QB positin should be stable and consistent but no way in hell is Cutler worth half of what CHI gave DEN to acquire him.

I dont think that Cutler is a franchise QB and here's why - he asked for a trade, was denied and then pissed when McDaniels tried to trade for Cassel but failed despite the fact that he (Cutler) was the one who asked t be traded to begin with. He then cried and bitched about the entire situation despite the fact that if anything, he started it all to begin with. He's NOT a leader, is a damn crybaby and considering the fact that CHI will most likely give him a huge contract (in addition to what they already gave up to acquire him), he's simply NOT worth the huge investment.

Yeah, I forgot who their RB was but Forte is pretty good. He should help Cutler become above average.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry
Corrected.

He's a extremely good QB about to hit his prime, that the Broncos traded him speaks volumes of McDaniel's inexperience and poor man management skills.
While I agree that McDaniels didnt go about the situation correctly, im sure that he had a part in what DEN was going to get in exchange for Cutler. DEN now has four first round draft picks for 2009 and 2010 and if I was the new HC of a team, I wouldnt be sad about that at all especially when im trading away a problem like Cutler. Cutler is NOT a leader and rest assured, in a few years when all is said and done, DEN will look like geniuses for pulling off this trade. Talent wise, Cutler has skill and talent but thats not what my main concern is. My main concern about Cutler is the type of person he is in general and quite honestly, he's no the type of person I wanted on my team and again, im happy that we didnt trade for him.

Quote:
Don't mistake someone being a jackass for a lack of talent. As you are a huge supporter of TO I would have though you'd find that easier than most...
True but unlike Cutler, T.O. wasnt a jackass three years into his career and doesnt play the most important position on the team. T.O.'s biggest problem is that he speaks his mind but thats one of the reasons why he's my favorite player. He has something to say, he says it as opposed to many other players who just go with he flow and are cowards and dont feel like saying what they think. And on the field, nothing negative can be said about T.O. and his work ethic is arguably the best in the league whether you like him or not. At 35, he's in better shape and conditioning than guys half his age.

And the one main thing that EVERYONE seems to ignore when it comes to T.O. is that he only complains when the team loses which is another positive because unlike so many others who dont care, T.O. wants to win and has the desire to win. That's the kind of player I want on my team. Not a player that's just going through the motions and this isnt directed at Cutler, its meant in general.

Quote:
A huge payday? Top class QBs tend to get that these days... Though I'd expect the Bears to wait a season to size up his performance before obliging.

Plus bearing in mind he was a first round pick out of Vanderbilt and was worshipped there I'm fairly sure that he'll have gotten over his problems with Turner. I mean it's not as if Turner just arrived in town and threw him out...
That remains to be seen considering the fact that Cutler's base salary for 2009 is under $2m. Franchise QB's do get huge paydays after they earned it. Cutler is still playing under his six year rookie deal and if anything, isnt worth anything more than what his contract already is.

Last edited by dan77733 : 04-03-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And the one main thing that EVERYONE seems to ignore when it comes to T.O. is that he only complains when the team loses which is another positive because unlike so many others who dont care, T.O. wants to win and has the desire to win. That's the kind of player I want on my team. Not a player that's just going through the motions and this isnt directed at Cutler, its meant in general.
Holy cow.

You're painting with an awfully broad brush Dan. So, with down years you would expect Frank Gore and Patrick Willis to go to the media and cry like babies? Because that's what they have to do to show they care?

Did anyone from the Patriots throw a temper tantrum EVEN RANDY MOSS, when they missed the playoffs?

Complaining when he loses is a positive? It shows he can't handle adversity! You think Ray Lewis likes to lose? Peyton Manning? PROFESSIONALS handle themselves in a completely different manner than T.O. So there's no surprise when he ruins locker rooms. I guess guys should just say, "oh well, he cares". I can't even get my thoughts organized i'm so flustered right now. How can you honestly think that the GREATS of the game don't care as much as T.O because they don't throw a fit when they lose.

Jay Cutler didn't rip his locker room apart, he had a dispute with the new head coach. He didn't rip into any teammates. He didn't rip into coordinators for not calling the plays he wanted. He got pissed when they tried to trade him. Period. Putting him in T.O.'s class of ignorance is unfair to Jay Cutler.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am
Holy cow.

You're painting with an awfully broad brush Dan. So, with down years you would expect Frank Gore and Patrick Willis to go to the media and cry like babies? Because that's what they have to do to show they care?

Did anyone from the Patriots throw a temper tantrum EVEN RANDY MOSS, when they missed the playoffs?

Complaining when he loses is a positive? It shows he can't handle adversity! You think Ray Lewis likes to lose? Peyton Manning? PROFESSIONALS handle themselves in a completely different manner than T.O. So there's no surprise when he ruins locker rooms. I guess guys should just say, "oh well, he cares". I can't even get my thoughts organized i'm so flustered right now. How can you honestly think that the GREATS of the game don't care as much as T.O because they don't throw a fit when they lose.

Jay Cutler didn't rip his locker room apart, he had a dispute with the new head coach. He didn't rip into any teammates. He didn't rip into coordinators for not calling the plays he wanted. He got pissed when they tried to trade him. Period. Putting him in T.O.'s class of ignorance is unfair to Jay Cutler.
I'm pretty sure Moss complained when he was losing in OAK and hes not going to complain in NE because if he does, Belichick will release or trade him. Manning?? Didnt he complain when his team lost to PIT years ago and blamed his OL???

However, I see your point and I'll agree that T.O. like the rest could be considered an egomaniac but lets be realistic, most coaches, payers, etc. dont really care once they get their huge payday.

Take Haynesworth for example. Now that he has received his huge payday, watch him play like he did from 2002-2006 and not even care if the team loses.

And everyone blames T.O. because he's the kid in class that's easy to blame and pick on because he's the easy target. Owens wasnt the only problem in DAL. He was just one of them. And personally, Romo doesnt care and decided a trip with Jessica Simpson is more important than preparing for the divisonal playoff game in DAL. Yeah right.

Even the great Jerry Rice complained when he was on OAK late in his career when his streak of having at least one reception in each and every game came to an end. He moaned and groaned at the end when things werent going his way.

The funny thing is that the players who are great ARE the ones who complain and ***** and moan because they're the ones who care about winning the most. The only difference between Owens and the others is that everyone seems to focus on him while ignoring the rest.

As for Cutler, you have it WRONG. CUTLER asked to be traded before McDaniels ever tried to trade for Cassel but tried to blame it on him. Sorry, Cutler was just looking for someone else to blame, take the focus off of himself, and didnt want to admit that it was him who started the entire trade situation to begin with. After all, McDaniels tried to acquire Cassel so he could then trade the guy who asked to be traded first - JAY CUTLER.

Either way, as a 49ers fan, im a happy camper right now and I hope it stays that way.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even the great Jerry Rice complained when he was on OAK late in his career when his streak of having at least one reception in each and every game came to an end. He moaned and groaned at the end when things werent going his way.
How dare you talk poorly of Jerry Rice with incorrect facts. Jerry Rice, when in Oakland, complained (as did Charles Woodson and Tim Brown) that Bill Callahan was actively trying to hurt the team after their Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay. What he was doing was playing younger and inexperienced players, instead of his veterans. Please, know what you are talking about before you press the 'submit reply' button.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparing T.O. to any one of these guys is ludicrous. Hey Dan, was calling Jeff Garcia a homosexual just a way for T.O. to show how much he hates to lose? Was T.O. creating havoc in Philly because he wanted a new contract just a way for him to show how much he hates to lose? T.O. is a clown that cares about:

A) MONEY
B) POPULARITY/SPOTLIGHT which = MORE MONEY
C) WINNING which = MORE MONEY

Don't get it twisted.

Now, back on topic. I heard a combined mock between lead idiot Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan (whom I actually really like). Their top 10 went like this:

1. Stafford
2. Monroe
3. Orakpo
4. Sanchez
5. Crabtree
6. J. Smith
7. Raji
8. Macklin
9. A. Smith
10. AARON ******* CURRY. How bad ass would that be!!! P.S. Never going to happen

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sign me up for that pick at 10!
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
How dare you talk poorly of Jerry Rice with incorrect facts. Jerry Rice, when in Oakland, complained (as did Charles Woodson and Tim Brown) that Bill Callahan was actively trying to hurt the team after their Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay. What he was doing was playing younger and inexperienced players, instead of his veterans. Please, know what you are talking about before you press the 'submit reply' button.
Brent, you're pretty accurate in describing a big-time issue the Raiders had but being fair, Jerry Rice was always known for throwing fits, even while a 49er. The media didn't obsess about that stuff back then.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well I don't think that we'll be looking at Cushing or Clay Matthews anymore due to the fact that they tested positive for steroids at the combine.
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haralson98 View Post
Well I don't think that we'll be looking at Cushing or Clay Matthews anymore due to the fact that they tested positive for steroids at the combine.
How dare you believe a report that used an "unnamed NFL source" to "leak" the story. Only SI.com is allowed to do that. Plus, Pete Carroll denies it. :P

Regardless, I don't feel either player's stock will suffer dramatically even if they in fact did test positive.

On another note... I'm not sure why the 49ers woul'dve been seriously considering either guy anyways. Neither would be worth #10 and neither will be available at #43. Plus, I don't see Matthews as a 3-4 OLB. I could see Cushing on the inside, however.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
How dare you believe a report that used an "unnamed NFL source" to "leak" the story. Only SI.com is allowed to do that. Plus, Pete Carroll denies it. :P

Regardless, I don't feel either player's stock will suffer dramatically even if they in fact did test positive.
Let's all agree not to argue about that until the NFL comes out and confirms it.

It's like the Barry Bonds saga all over again.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I agree not to. Just know that the NFL doesn't have a responsibility to confirm nor deny the story, The results are private.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I dont think this happened when Callahan was the HC. I think Turner was the HC and Brown was in TB.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
Comparing T.O. to any one of these guys is ludicrous. Hey Dan, was calling Jeff Garcia a homosexual just a way for T.O. to show how much he hates to lose? Was T.O. creating havoc in Philly because he wanted a new contract just a way for him to show how much he hates to lose? T.O. is a clown that cares about:

A) MONEY
B) POPULARITY/SPOTLIGHT which = MORE MONEY
C) WINNING which = MORE MONEY

Don't get it twisted.
Okay, I will give you the Garcia situation but dont even think of getting me started on what happened in Philly.

And last time I checked, EVERY PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE cares about A, B and C. Not just T.O. My point is that he goes on a tirade during a loss or when the team is losing. When the team is winning, you barely hear two words out of him.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I dont think this happened when Callahan was the HC. I think Turner was the HC and Brown was in TB.
Brown was in TB in 2004. The Raiders went to the Super Bowl during the 2002 season. Callahan was fired after 2003 season.