Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-04-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So the Giants released Burress today. I think this could give us one of the better options to trade down. More realistic than the Broncos at least. If Crabtree or Maclin are on the board at ten, what would you all think of this trade:

Niners get:
#29 (640 TVC points)
#45 (450 TVC points)
#91 (136 TVC points)
TVC total: 1181

Giants get:
#10 (1300 TVC points)

*we could command their 4th rounder as well if we had the leverage in negotiations.

I think this is actually realistic, as the Giants have one major need, and really don't need as many picks as they have.

Maclin and Crabtree are the impact players there. I would be willing to give them a bit of a deal on this trade just to gather a few more early picks.

Here's my mock with that scenario:

1. Connor Barwin, Cincinnati, OLB
2a.Jamon Meredith, S. Carolina, OT
2b.Sean Smith, Utah, DB
3a.Shonn Greene, Iowa, RB
3b.Jasper Brinkley, S. Carolina, ILB
4. Terrance Taylor, Michigan, DT
5a.Nate Davis, Ball St., QB
5b.Aaron Kelly, Clemson, WR
6. Adam Kemp, Wisconsin OG
7a.Nick Reed, Oregon OLB
7b.Jeremy Navarre, Maryland, DE

Last edited by thediggler3030 : 04-04-2009 at 12:50 AM.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Brown was in TB in 2004. The Raiders went to the Super Bowl during the 2002 season. Callahan was fired after 2003 season.
I know this. What I meant was, I think that Rice's streak of having at least one reception in every game ended after Callahan was fired and Turner was the HC. I think this was in 2004 and a few weeks later was traded to SEA.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see the Giants trading up especially to draft a WR. Hell, I dont see them drafting a WR in round one at all. They drafted Moss, Smith and Manningham the last three years and I think that they want them to play and compete for the starting spots.

I think we have a better chance of trading with the Jets or TB then we do with DEN or the Giants. DEN will most likely use their two first rounders to move up into the top five. I'm guessing that they trade with SEA to get Stafford/Sanchez/Freeman. I dont see the Giants trading up at all.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF they want to address WR in Round 1 they'll probably be able to pick from any number of Darrius Heyward-Bey, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, and Percy Harvin at their original draft slot.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I dont see the Giants trading up especially to draft a WR. Hell, I dont see them drafting a WR in round one at all. They drafted Moss, Smith and Manningham the last three years and I think that they want them to play and compete for the starting spots.

I think we have a better chance of trading with the Jets or TB then we do with DEN or the Giants. DEN will most likely use their two first rounders to move up into the top five. I'm guessing that they trade with SEA to get Stafford/Sanchez/Freeman. I dont see the Giants trading up at all.
Their record without Burress is appallingly bad. And they also lost Amani Toomer. Both their starting WRs are gone. Moss and Smith are good for the slot, but they Giants like big WRs who can go deep.

Manningham barley even played last year and Hixon and Tyree aren't the answers.

They don't have a more pressing issue than WR, and they really don't need 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Last edited by thediggler3030 : 04-04-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
IF they want to address WR in Round 1 they'll probably be able to pick from any number of Darrius Heyward-Bey, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, and Percy Harvin at their original draft slot.
None of those WRs compare to Crabree and Maclin.

The Giant don't have a lot of needs, but they really need a WR who can be their number one this year.

Just a possible scenario. I don't think it will be easy to trade down, but the Giants have a lot of early picks, so I think they may move up.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan shut the hell up you don't know what you're talking about. Cutler asked for a trade AFTER McDaniels tried to trade him. The trade fell through for Cassel Cutler tried to talk to Mcdaniels about what was up Mcdaniels dis respected him then he asked for a trade. You make yourself sound so damn stupid.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

i'm going to shat myself on the 25th if raji / britton / crabtree/ sanchez or a chizzled andre smith aren't the pick.
what did dan do this time?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:46 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
So the Giants released Burress today. I think this could give us one of the better options to trade down. More realistic than the Broncos at least. If Crabtree or Maclin are on the board at ten, what would you all think of this trade:

Niners get:
#29 (640 TVC points)
#45 (450 TVC points)
#91 (136 TVC points)
TVC total: 1181

Giants get:
#10 (1300 TVC points)
I love trading down. Big fan of it. But I would scream bloody murder if Crabtree was available and we traded out. I just consider him one of the guys you HAVE to take.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
I love trading down. Big fan of it. But I would scream bloody murder if Crabtree was available and we traded out. I just consider him one of the guys you HAVE to take.
Yeah, it's been a while since we had a playmaker on the outside.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree. Also I think it would be more realistic for the Giants to go after a proven WR like Edwards. I do not think the Giants would want to give up that many picks and, on top of that, pay top ten money at a position that has such a steep learning curve when they are contenders.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75
Dan shut the hell up you don't know what you're talking about. Cutler asked for a trade AFTER McDaniels tried to trade him. The trade fell through for Cassel Cutler tried to talk to Mcdaniels about what was up Mcdaniels dis respected him then he asked for a trade. You make yourself sound so damn stupid.
YOU dont know what you're talking about. Confirmed reports have already stated that it was CUTLER, who asked to be traded first but acted pissed off when McDaniels tried to trade for Cassel. Bottom line is that Cutler is the one who started everything despite what people may think just because they watch crappy ESPN.

And dont ever tell me to shut the hell up unless you plan on backing it the hell up.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Children, settle down.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

after watching some more of Sanchez pro day & workout its w/out question this guys legit. sf should pull the trigger if he is there @ 10. i know people hate the fact that the brass in sf shoulden't do it but c'mon why not settle on hill who did good last season? why throw all eggs in your basket for alex smith? they signed d.huard for what? kicks? the qb position needs massive attention. Sanchez would make great sense now then wait until next season which happens to be thr trend around sf.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

new mock

1. mark sanchez (if he's even there) qb
2. ron brace - dt
3. jaspar brinkley - ilb
4. jermeiah johnson - rb
5. tj lang - ot
5. kyle moore - de
6. marko mitchell - wr
7. jared bronson - te
7. brandon hughes - cb
Old 04-04-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
But that's the only realistic way we will trade down. Teams only trade up if there is a big time player at that spot.

We don't really need a big WR now that Bruce is back, he can start till Morgan, Hill and Ziegler mature.

We won't tempt any teams with Sanchez, he's gone by the time we pick. I wouldn't expect anyone to trade up for Oher either. Raji or Crabtree are really the only players we can hope to tempt a team with.

Trading down is way more difficult than we like to think...
Old 04-04-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
after watching some more of Sanchez pro day & workout its w/out question this guys legit.
You're sold on him after watching him perform a scripted workout in a shirt and shorts?

Old 04-04-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I agree. Also I think it would be more realistic for the Giants to go after a proven WR like Edwards. I do not think the Giants would want to give up that many picks and, on top of that, pay top ten money at a position that has such a steep learning curve when they are contenders.
I mean they don't have many needs. Why wouldn't they trade up?

Also, looking at their record without Burress, he was suspended for the lat 5 games of their season, and they lost four of those games...

Nicks and Britt are options in the end of the first, but Nicks is more a possession type and is over weight. I don't see them taking another "diva" type WR in Britt either.

I think they know they really only have one huge need, they trade up, fill it with the 10 pick and then still have a second and third to use on any other need they have.

I think the Giants make the most sense out of any team to trade up.

Also I dont think they have the ammo to get Edwards (especially now that Stallworth is gone) or Boldin (with how important he is to Warner).
Old 04-04-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
YOU dont know what you're talking about. Confirmed reports have already stated that it was CUTLER, who asked to be traded first but acted pissed off when McDaniels tried to trade for Cassel. Bottom line is that Cutler is the one who started everything despite what people may think just because they watch crappy ESPN.

And dont ever tell me to shut the hell up unless you plan on backing it the hell up.
Dan you're a stupid asshole why would Cutler ask for a trade before Mcdaniels tried to? Oh right he DIDN'T go troll somewhere else.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
new mock

2. ron brace - dt
3. jaspar brinkley - ilb
4. jermeiah johnson - rb
5. tj lang - ot
5. kyle moore - de
6. marko mitchell - wr
7. jared bronson - te
7. brandon hughes - cb
Never again.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Dan you're a stupid asshole why would Cutler ask for a trade before Mcdaniels tried to? Oh right he DIDN'T go troll somewhere else.
Who knows how much of it's true but it has been reported that Cutler demanded to be traded back in January when his QB's coach Jeremy Bates left for USC.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
new mock

2. ron brace - dt
3. jaspar brinkley - ilb
4. jermeiah johnson - rb
5. tj lang - ot
5. kyle moore - de
6. marko mitchell - wr
7. jared bronson - te
7. brandon hughes - cb
You just drafted 9 players that wouldn't start a game in 2009. WOW.

You've hit positions of need for sure but most of them wouldn't be able to see significant time on the field in 2009. The 49ers don't have THAT great of a roster.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Who knows how much of it's true but it has been reported that Cutler demanded to be traded back in January when his QB's coach Jeremy Bates left for USC.
He didn't demand a trade he just wasn't happy about it.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
But that's the only realistic way we will trade down. Teams only trade up if there is a big time player at that spot.

We don't really need a big WR now that Bruce is back, he can start till Morgan, Hill and Ziegler mature.

We won't tempt any teams with Sanchez, he's gone by the time we pick. I wouldn't expect anyone to trade up for Oher either. Raji or Crabtree are really the only players we can hope to tempt a team with.

Trading down is way more difficult than we like to think...
I understand that trading down is a lot more difficult than what most think. And I don't mean to bash your idea, I mean, i'm the one who brough up Chris Wells, :) i'm all for different thoughts.

I have to imagine that team's boards, around the league look something like this:

Matt Stafford
Jason Smith
Aaron Curry
Michael Crabtree

Obviously, a difference in order of appearance for sure, but those names will be at the top. So what i'm saying is, if the only option for us to trade back, is to PASS on a guy at the top of our board, would be a bad trade. I would much rather have the guy we have near the top, than trade back so someone else could get him.

As much as I like trading back, it only works if you feel the value at your pick isn't represented by the pool of players availabe for you.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
He didn't demand a trade he just wasn't happy about it.
Just like he didn't demand to be traded this time, right? He deserves alot of the blame.