Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-04-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else see Mike Mayock's latest mock draft? Idiot

Michael Crabtree
Everette Brown
Brian Orakpo

All available and we take Sanchez.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post

Michael Crabtree
Everette Brown
Brian Orakpo

playing devil's advocate...

Michael Crabtree has question marks. Many people refuse to think it will effect him in the pros but that doesn't mean that he is 100% above Mark Sanchez on every team's draft board.

Everette Brown isn't in alot of people's top-25. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's not taken in the top-10

Perhaps McCloughan feels that Brian Orakpo may not be a very good fit as a 3-4 OLB or that it is questionable enough for him to be lower on the draft board than Mark Sanchez.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Just like he didn't demand to be traded this time, right? He deserves alot of the blame.
Are you kidding me? Wow some people need to pay more attention.

How is any of this Cutlers fault? McDaniels comes in try's to execute a ridiculous trade. Cutler asks him what's up and gets disrespected to the point he doesn't want to be their anymore, and this is his fault?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has been unhappy in Denver since they refused to renegotiate his contract last season. Once the season was over he was once-again told they wouldn't renegotiate. He then has Bus Cook tell the Broncos that if they don't keep Jeremy Bates that he wants to be traded. Then the whole recent fiasco.

Does McDaniels deserve blame in this? ABSOLUTELY!!! but it is closed-minded to believe that Jay Cutler is bigger than the team in this situation and can tell his owner what he should and shouldn't do. Cutler deserves blame as well.

Anyways. I hate arguing over other team's problems.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I understand that trading down is a lot more difficult than what most think. And I don't mean to bash your idea, I mean, i'm the one who brough up Chris Wells, :) i'm all for different thoughts.

I have to imagine that team's boards, around the league look something like this:

Matt Stafford
Jason Smith
Aaron Curry
Michael Crabtree

Obviously, a difference in order of appearance for sure, but those names will be at the top. So what i'm saying is, if the only option for us to trade back, is to PASS on a guy at the top of our board, would be a bad trade. I would much rather have the guy we have near the top, than trade back so someone else could get him.

As much as I like trading back, it only works if you feel the value at your pick isn't represented by the pool of players availabe for you.
I think Crabtree could very easily drop out of the top ten. Not saying he will, just that I could see a few realistic scenarios where he would be available.

Especially since I think the Jags, Raiders or Seahawks may trade down so someone can take Sanchez.

Here is a scenario:
1. Lions: Mathew Stafford
2. Rams: Jason Smith
3. Chiefs: Aaron Curry
4. Seahawks: Eugene Monroe
5. Browns: Brian Orakpo
6. Bengals: Andre Smith
7. Raiders: Jeremy Maclin
8. Broncos (from Jaguars): Mark Sanchez
9. Packers: B.J.Raji
10. Voila! Crabtree is available.

In regards to him being the best on our board at the time, I would think hard about taking him, but I think we have a lot more pressing needs than WR, now that Bruce is coming back. I would take him if we couldn't trade back, but we don't need a WR that badly anymore and should trade back to fill other more pressing needs if possible.

There is proper value at every pick, it just depends whether that value fits your needs, if not then trade back.

I would rather have Barwin and Meredith than Crabtree.

Last edited by thediggler3030 : 04-04-2009 at 08:50 PM.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate arguing over other team's problems.
Yeah, there are enough threads about Cutler.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yeah, there are enough threads about Cutler.
Yeah, I dont think we will ever know what happened so its dumb to theorize.

I am glad we didn't make the trade though, just cause I enjoy predicting out picks, and would have less to look forward to :D
Old 04-05-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Michael Crabtree
Everette Brown
Brian Orakpo

In that scenario i would take Orakpo.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:12 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
You just drafted 9 players that wouldn't start a game in 2009. WOW.

You've hit positions of need for sure but most of them wouldn't be able to see significant time on the field in 2009. The 49ers don't have THAT great of a roster.
i understand completely. the thing though however, is this team needs to add some depth / youth / speed i feel. i hope the go into the draft more w/a need presence than want.
they may not start but only morgan & balmer saw time this past season. they have some other players from last 2 seasons that can step up.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

and also a 7 game starter in Chilo Rachal.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Sing coaching, I expect the younger guys and rookies to see the field, unlike the Nolan era.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With Sing coaching, I expect the younger guys and rookies to see the field, unlike the Nolan era.
Agreed. I think that's got to be the main reason we don't take Sanchez. Singletary is going to want to put his stamp on this team in his first draft.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Agreed. I think that's got to be the main reason we don't take Sanchez. Singletary is going to want to put his stamp on this team in his first draft.
McCloughan is the guy who will make the picks. I'm sure he will consult Sing, but if anyone will be stamping anything it will be Scotty.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
While I agree that McDaniels didnt go about the situation correctly, im sure that he had a part in what DEN was going to get in exchange for Cutler. DEN now has four first round draft picks for 2009 and 2010 and if I was the new HC of a team, I wouldnt be sad about that at all especially when im trading away a problem like Cutler. Cutler is NOT a leader and rest assured, in a few years when all is said and done, DEN will look like geniuses for pulling off this trade. Talent wise, Cutler has skill and talent but thats not what my main concern is. My main concern about Cutler is the type of person he is in general and quite honestly, he's no the type of person I wanted on my team and again, im happy that we didnt trade for him.
Cutler was not a major problem until McDaniels arrived and promptly tried to trade away the incumbent franchise QB, a move which beggars belief. I won't deny that Cutler's value as a leader has taken a hit, and believe me I value intangibles more than most people, but to attempt to deny his class as a player is just plain silly.

Quote:
True but unlike Cutler, T.O. wasnt a jackass three years into his career and doesnt play the most important position on the team. T.O.'s biggest problem is that he speaks his mind but thats one of the reasons why he's my favorite player. He has something to say, he says it as opposed to many other players who just go with he flow and are cowards and dont feel like saying what they think. And on the field, nothing negative can be said about T.O. and his work ethic is arguably the best in the league whether you like him or not. At 35, he's in better shape and conditioning than guys half his age.

And the one main thing that EVERYONE seems to ignore when it comes to T.O. is that he only complains when the team loses which is another positive because unlike so many others who dont care, T.O. wants to win and has the desire to win. That's the kind of player I want on my team. Not a player that's just going through the motions and this isnt directed at Cutler, its meant in general.
Indeed, I especially love how committed he is to off season camps with a new team. You think Cutler's a bigger jackass than TO, that's fine, I don't really care (though if I wanted to I suppose I could say plenty about TO destroying locker rooms despite not playing the 'most important position' or about how his drive isn't for the team it's for himself).

What I said is that being a jackass doesn't mean he's not a good player.

Quote:
That remains to be seen considering the fact that Cutler's base salary for 2009 is under $2m. Franchise QB's do get huge paydays after they earned it. Cutler is still playing under his six year rookie deal and if anything, isnt worth anything more than what his contract already is.
He's rated by some as a top 5 quarterback and even if you don't hold that view his production is undeniably good so far and saying he isn;t worth a fairly modest rookie deal is a little unfair. If he plays well next year in Chicago then he deserves a decent contract.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

If you want to talk about Jay Cutler, there is a place for that (HERE) and that place is not here.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you want to talk about Jay Cutler, there is a place for that (HERE) and that place is not here.
THANK YOU

can we please keep it to NINER talk in here?

thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apologies, I just wanted to reply to Dan. I'll drop it.

------
Old 04-06-2009, 06:38 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
THANK YOU

can we please keep it to NINER talk in here?

thanks
Liar.

You just want to talk about Boltus. :)
Old 04-06-2009, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
Apologies, I just wanted to reply to Dan. I'll drop it.
It's not a big deal; I'm just sick of Jay Cutler.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

Quote:
It's not a big deal; I'm just sick of Jay Cutler.
I don't watch ESPN. :P

(No worries mate)
Old 04-06-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
I don't watch ESPN. :P
Nor do I because I dont have a TV, so ha!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Matt Stafford
2. William Moore
3. Rashad Jennings
4. Fenuki Tupou

Bing Bam thank you Sam.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I love William Moore but is SS really that high of a priority now that the team has Michael Lewis, Reggie Smith and Jimmy Williams at that position?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

No, it isn't.

Another big back visited today according to Maiocco: Adrian Foster.

Last edited by Brent : 04-06-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
No, it isn't.

Another big back visited today according to Maiocco: Adrian Foster.
Good pick in the 4th. But I gotta say, if they take an RB that late I will be a wee bit annoyed that they just don't give Clayton a chance.

I know they prolly know more about him than me, but he fits the profile of what they are looking for. A big back that can carry the ball. Robinson does the special teams stuff.

Its exactly what said McClougan wants...