Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-14-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't know if anyone posted about this but the Buffalo Bills are shopping WR Roscoe Parrish. Drafting Hardy last year, getting Owens this year, and signing Evans to an extension made Parrish expendable. Would any of you guys/girls make a trade for him?

I would give the Bills a 4th rounder for him because he would bring much needed speed to the WR corps to stretch the field and instant contributions to the return game. What do some of you think?
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:23 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
Since Scott didn't get his mock up tonight, :( , I got bored and threw together a niners mock. Here's my latest thought:

1.OT Michael Oher, Ole Miss.
2.OLB Connor Barwin, Cincinnati
3.RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
4.ILB Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina
5.WR/RS Brandon Tate, North Carolina
5b.DL Chris Baker, Hampton
6.QB Tom Brandstater, Fresno St.
7a.LB Nick Reed, Oregon
7b.CB Ellis Lankster, West Virginia
I like this one. I had something similar.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Since Scott didn't get his mock up tonight, :( , I got bored and threw together a niners mock. Here's my latest thought:

3.RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
7a.LB Nick Reed, Oregon
I like this mock but I think you should replace Brandon Tate with Stroughter or Manuel Johnson because Tate won't be there in the fifth.
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
This is pretty good. 6, 7a and 7b aren't what i would do, but still very good.
hughes is pretty solid. i've met him a couple times @ alumni meetings. nice guy.
fiametta u have to figure quinn will be gone & is younger than norris as well.
drew willy however is that mold where he won't be the next tom brady but he is a solid player who does all the small things right. plus sing's nephew was the lb's coach @ buffalo so he may pitch the word.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

3.RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
7a.LB Nick Reed, Oregon
That looks great but my opinion is that it is very unlikey.

I think Barwin, Greene, Brinkley, Tate, and Baker will all go a round higher than you have them.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

3.RB Shonn Greene, Iowa
7a.LB Nick Reed, Oregon
I - F*****G - deal.. One change I would make is Brandstater. Stephen McGree might be available around that time.. I think he's worth the look more than Brandstater.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
That looks great but my opinion is that it is very unlikey.

I think Barwin, Greene, Brinkley, Tate, and Baker will all go a round higher than you have them.
I disagree with you on Barwin, Greene, and Brinkley. I think they're all where they should be. Baker and Tate on the other hand should go earlier than predicted in the mock.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haralson98 View Post
I don't know if anyone posted about this but the Buffalo Bills are shopping WR Roscoe Parrish. Drafting Hardy last year, getting Owens this year, and signing Evans to an extension made Parrish expendable. Would any of you guys/girls make a trade for him?

I would give the Bills a 4th rounder for him because he would bring much needed speed to the WR corps to stretch the field and instant contributions to the return game. What do some of you think?
I wouldn't bother going after him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
as others said the D was better than you are claiming. terrell brown showed signs and regardless of what he was listed on last years preseasons guidebook or whatever, he got a fair amount of burn and showed signs. he only fell late in the draft because of character concerns, which havent come up again. the guy has talent.
as for guys falling through the cracks, most late rders dont make it. The niners actually have 21 out of 25 of the players drafted in the last three years on their roster. larry grant is somewhere else, so really thats 3 guys who havent worked out at all.
You might add last yr's #1 pick Kentwan Balmer as someone who's fallen halfway thru the cracks at this point, he had a high ankle sprain in camp I think & never really was effective in the d-line rotation. McDonald & Fields, based on last yr's performances, are probably the selections for the DE opposite Justin Smith, who's name was called on defense more than any other, one of the few bright spots I remember from that godawful early p/o last season when the Martzball experiment was crashing & burning as J.T. O'Sullivan was establishing his reputation as the most strippable QB in the NFL & every passrusher they faced knew it. JTOS put their defense in nightmarish situations time after time with those turnovers.

I just hope somebody nails down the other DE spot after they had a FA revolving door there, Andre Carter, then KGB, etc. The smoke signals coming from Singletary & Santa Clara about which direction they're going with #10 seem to be just that, misdirection this close to the draft. Maybe they really are going QB, & the 2nd interview with Stafford yesterday here in the Bay Area was just for diplomacy & making nice after Stafford objected to questions about his parents divorce in Dallas, like yall said, a tempest in a teapot, maybe their coaching staff didn't find a QB they liked in the Senior Bowl, maybe they are harboring clandestine love for Sanchez, who knows.....

Good call Haralson98 on Sammie Stroughter, I've had him on my annual All Draft team for a month now. He's great mid-rd. value b/c of his versatility (KR & special teams star as well as yardage leader WR at Oregon St.), his leadership on the field (he was team captain), & FWIW Coye Francies told me in the SJSU Pro Day interview that Stroughter was the best receiver he had ever faced in college, he had to cover him daily in practice in his one yr. with the Beavers. He could be this yr's Josh Morgan.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

we are starting to bring more local prospects now
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/021490.html

and there is a rumor on espn.com about us trading for Brady Quinn, its an insider thing so i couldnt read it, but what does everyone think of Quinn?I really cant see us trading for, since he really is as unproven and isnt worth the 1st and 3rd probabaly needed to get him. IMO its better that we either stay at 10 or find a trade with broncos/jets
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jury's still out on Quinn, not enough playing time to determine anything. So trading for him could be a mistake. Watch them give up the #10 to max out the foolhardiness.

It would also make Quinn the most overpaid QB in trade ammo anyway in NFL draft history, imagine three 1st rd. picks from 2 teams for a guy who's mostly held a clipboard, 3 no. 1s if you count the 2 Phil Savage gave to Dallas for the privilege of moving up for the Cleveland hometown hero..... 9ers fans are hoping this remains a rumor.

As for the local guys brought in, there could be a placeholder for the SJSU guys like Owens with his blazing speed, or Coye Francies, who said their staff spent a lot of time during & after the Senior Bowl maintaining contact with him... remember this team has a 36-yr-old corner in Harris. And Gilbert, who isn't interested in him now? If anybody emerges to crack the late 1st rd. from the obscurity of San Jose St. I think it's Jarron Gilbert, he even speculated he could go to the Steelers at #32 b/c he had done his homework & noted that all their DLs are over 30 now.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just find it completely amusing that every time some QB is on the market, we're automatically linked to them.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haralson98 View Post
I like this mock but I think you should replace Brandon Tate with Stroughter or Manuel Johnson because Tate won't be there in the fifth.
I think you're right that he might not be there. I really want him though, mainly because of his potential and return abilities. Im tired of setting aside a roster spot just for Rossum the RS...
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't go more than a 2nd Round pick for Quinn, and would be very interested in if they could get him for less. Remember, Mangini didn't draft him, and he may not be enamored with Quinn as he already has Derek Anderson that is getting paid a decent chunk of change for the next 2 years to be the starter.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I wouldn't go more than a 2nd Round pick for Quinn, and would be very interested in if they could get him for less. Remember, Mangini didn't draft him, and he may not be enamored with Quinn as he already has Derek Anderson that is getting paid a decent chunk of change for the next 2 years to be the starter.
Not gonna happen. Don't want it to happen.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I just find it completely amusing that every time some QB is on the market, we're automatically linked to them.
Really sigh
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would trade our 2nd rounder for Quinn especially if McCloughan is looking to draft a QB at 10. Here's an awesome fantasy idea -

Seeing Sanchez/Freeman drop to 10 and somehow someway getting the Broncos to trade both of their first rounders in order to get their franchise QB. We then trade the lower first round pick to CLE for Quinn, draft OT Michael Oher at 12 (or Jenkins if available and Oher is gone) and still have all of our remaining draft picks.

That obviously isnt going to happen but if it did, would anyone be against it?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I would trade our 2nd rounder for Quinn especially if McCloughan is looking to draft a QB at 10. Here's an awesome fantasy idea -

Seeing Sanchez/Freeman drop to 10 and somehow someway getting the Broncos to trade both of their first rounders in order to get their franchise QB. We then trade the lower first round pick to CLE for Quinn, draft OT Michael Oher at 12 (or Jenkins if available and Oher is gone) and still have all of our remaining draft picks.

Essentially us trading down to 12 to get Quinn? Why would anyone be against that.

Dan, if YOU think the trade is outrageous, you might wanna just keep it to yourself...
Old 04-14-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a Walsh-era Draft manipulation that I would love! (But it's not going to happen)

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott's new mock is up, don't know if anyone's posted anything about it yet.

Brian Orakpo
Alphonso Smith
Troy Kropog

I, personally, love it.

1. Pass Rusher - Would also complete a pretty sweet linebacking corp if you ask me
2. Corner - 14 years. Steal in free agency, but 14 is a lot of miles. I know the knocks on Smith about his height but i'm not too concerned.
3. Tackle - Duh. Marvel Smith buys us some time.

Alternative according to the way it fell for Scott:

1. Michael Oher (fell to the lions)
2. Connor Barwin
3. DJ Moore
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
Scott's new mock is up, don't know if anyone's posted anything about it yet.

Brian Orakpo
Alphonso Smith
Troy Kropog

I, personally, love it.

1. Pass Rusher - Would also complete a pretty sweet linebacking corp if you ask me
2. Corner - 14 years. Steal in free agency, but 14 is a lot of miles. I know the knocks on Smith about his height but i'm not too concerned.
3. Tackle - Duh. Marvel Smith buys us some time.

Alternative according to the way it fell for Scott:

1. Michael Oher (fell to the lions)
2. Connor Barwin
3. DJ Moore
See I actually kind of hate his draft. We got great value, but we could have filled much larger needs. Here's mine based on how the board fell:

1. B.J. Raji
2. Connor Barwin
3. Gerald Cadogan

Or

1. Michael Oher
2. Connor Barwin
3. Andre Brown
Old 04-14-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm afraid someone might reach and take Barwin in the 1st after falling in love with his numbers.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Looking at Scott's mock:

1) I love the Orakpo pick.
2) I'd rather have Barwin or Sintim over Alphonso Smith.
3) I could live with this pick

Side note: he has the Broncos taking Stephen McGee in round three and that is just saddening to me haha.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

But it would make no sense for the Broncos to jump 1 team when there are 2 possible franchise quarterbacks available.
abaddon41_80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

For those who want to see more Orakpo: