Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-16-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
The deep coverage is key, but once again, nothing could be worse than Roman, could it?!
I struggle thinking of anything realistically being worse then him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a little early to be making predictions.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Mark Roman was dominant in deep-coverage if compared to Roy Williams.

That's HOW BAD Williams is.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I think it's a little early to be making predictions.
Nostradamus says hello.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PAIN!
Old 04-17-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's nothing, I am going back to Dallas this weekend, if I remember, I'll take pics of the hill that we used to run in football/track.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nostradamus says hello.
That guy is credited with more predictions than he made.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

Lets break it down

1 @ Arizona 4:15 PM
I think AZ regresses this year. Historically this has been the case after a super bowl loss, and if they get rolling it will be later in the season. I doubt the team believes they can do it again anyways. Throw in the fact that they will probably be without Q, who was easily the most damaging of the group of wrs against the niners. The niners should have swept them last year. the first meeting, the zebras screwed the niners, and they held warner to under 200 yds passing. the story of the game was the zebras and the subsequent ball control by the cards. the second game was the game martz screwed up on the goal line as time expired.
prediction W (1-0)

2 Seattle 4:05 PM
No more Julian Peterson! thank god, he has killed us recently. I am not that scared of Housh due to clements.
prediction W (2-0)

3 @ Minnesota 1:00 PM
Sage Rosenfels isn't going to pass on the niners (to who anyway?). However, the team isnt nearly physical enough to deal with that Defensive line and AD as well as Taylor. Remember, 2 years ago they shut down AD but Taylor killed them. 3 fumbles didn't help. However, THis was the beginning of the Hill Era, and he came in the second half for Dilfer, going 22 of 28. If its at home i give us a shot, but as of now
Prediction L (2-1)

4 St. Louis 4:15 PM
I think St Louis improves this year. Their old guys are mostly out of the way which was hampering them. That being said i think they play better during the second half of the season if bulger is healthy.
Prediction W (3-1)

5 Atlanta 4:05 PM
Despite the success of last year, i think this team is not quite there. I actually think the talent level of these two teams is equivalent, although in different places. if for no other reason than the niners are at home,
Prediction W (4-1)

7 @ Houston 1:00 PM
This is a tough game to predict. theyve found their RB finallly in slaton. we all know about johnson at wr but Walter is good as well. Their offensive line is young but decent. On offense, the only question is what is with the ridiculous signing of Orlovsky?? if you are matt shaub what are you thinking right now... Their defense ranked 22nd in the league last year, but they brought in a bunch of FA's on that side of the ball. Good D line w okoye and m williams. lb corps anchored by ryans. dunta robinson is slightly overrated but good imo, the rest of the DB are marginal. THis pick is the one i have least confidence in, so I will go with the home team
Prediction L (4-2)

8 @ Indianapolis 1:00 PM
Not much of a chance assuming the health of sanders
Prediction L (4-3)

9 Tennessee 4:15 PM
Alright here we go. I dont see Tennessee being that good next year. Haynesworth WAS that defense. I like finnegan and griffin in the secondary. I like keith Bullock (although he was less productive last year) and thornton is decent. Kearse had 3.5 sacks last year, and that was with the monster in the middle. Vanden Bosch? 4 sacks. Tony Brown, the other DT had a good season last year next to haynesworth, but that was his only productive season and he is undersized. Does that sound like a good defense to you guys? As for on offense, they have a good line with mawae and roos and will run well obviously. can collins do it again? im not convinced, but hey theyve got nate washington now! This is a team that will not be winning low scoring games and will need to score. I think by the time they play the niners either VY will have been put in or there will be clamoring for it.
Prediction W (5-3)

10 Chicago 8:20 PM
Cutler will be fitting in by now with decent rapport with his recievers. Urlacher isnt what he used to be but the players around him are awesome.
Prediction L (5-4)

11 @ Green Bay 1:00 PM
I just dont see a victory at Lambeau. Rodgers will continue to develop, and that defense can play at a very high level.
Prediction L (5-5)

12 Jacksonville 4:05 PM
The offense is one demensional witha horrible offensive line. The defense had more to do with marcus stroud than anyone could have predicted.
Prediciton W (6-5)

13 @ Seattle 4:15 PM
If i remember correctly we had no business winning the last game in seattle. I cant see us sweeping them, so gotta have the loss here.
Prediction L (6-6)

14 Arizona 8:30 PM
I'm sticking with my sweep of the cards
Prediction W (7-6)

15 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM
Ugh why are we playing them again.
Prediction L (7-7)

16 Detroit 4:05 PM
The niners will be playing for something (although recent history suggests we play better when we are out of it).
Prediction W (8-7)

17 @ St. Louis 1:00PM
The nienrs will be playing for the playoff birth, so I'm saying they get it.
W (9-7)

Optimism: the niners can beat houston and take it to 10-6, bulger and hasselback live up to their injury prone reps; no ongoing qb controversy throughout the season

Skepticism: Atlanta could be better than I think; St Louis improves a lot; QB controversy probably inevitable; I've been predicting 9-7 with the possibility of 10-6 the past 2 years.
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:55 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

its never to early to make predictions, they just become more impressive if you are right :)
its also premature to talk about the draft 4 months before, but thats the fun of it isnt it? the schedule has been released, forgive me for looking into it. Considering how much teams change in the regular season with injuries, and considering that none of us know how draft picks will perform (maybe stafford turns the lions around like Ryan, WHO KNOWS?) why do we make predictions at all? if you dont want to make one, dont make one. it wont bother anyone.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:33 AM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

love the hill! and the shaun hill comments.
Great signings and so necessary. If parys continues to develop what a deal he would be. I still think we go pass rusher in the first, so if osackpo or whomever turns into a star, parys could be dealt for some talent.
Menardo, you will love city college. a great football tradition. My uncle played QB there next to OJ simpson. and youll get to see the niners more, sounds like a good situation for ya.
As for scotts mock, i love it. i dig orakpo, and smith in the second is great value and would potentially be a major need soon. Kropog in the third behind smith is nice too.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:02 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott just updated his "Team Needs" and his top 3 needs for us are,

1. QB
2. Rush LB
3. CB

Terrible, imo. It should be,

1. RT
2. CB
3. Rush LB
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Scott just updated his "Team Needs" and his top 3 needs for us are,

1. QB
2. Rush LB
3. CB

Terrible, imo. It should be,

1. RT
2. CB
3. Rush LB
Yeah pretty bad I would say rush LB before corner though.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How about Mike Adams/Rumph???
Old 04-17-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
How about Mike Adams/Rumph???
OUCH!!!!

I would say (In order of most horrible):

1. Adams
1a. Roman
2. Rumph

Go Goldson and Smith!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just finished up that forum mock, here are the final results:

10. Matt Stafford, QB Georgia
43. Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State
74. Sherrod Martin, FS Troy
111. Mark Parson, CB Ohio
146. Jasper Brinkley, ILB South Carolina
171. Garret Reynolds, OT North Carolina
184. Javarris Williams, RB Tennessee State
219. Henry Melton, DE/OLB Texas
244. Quinn Johnson, FB LSU

I took over for SF after round 3. How did I do?
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post

after round 3 is when it starts to look good
Old 04-17-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford would get murdered behind our current O-line, we need a RT in the first two rounds.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post

If you asked most 49er fans, they would prolly tell you that our two biggest needs are OLB and OT. Those positions should have been addressed sooner. But I wouldn't disagree with an individual pick.

Good job.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I think that if I knew we were going after Connor Barwin for sure in the 2nd, I'd be more for O-line 100% in the 1st. I will agree on RT being a huge priority. Alas, every time I set down and think about it, I come to a toss up between O-line and someone to be a pass rushing force at either DE or OLB.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
If you asked most 49er fans, they would prolly tell you that our two biggest needs are OLB and OT. Those positions should have been addressed sooner. But I wouldn't disagree with an individual pick.

Good job.
Ya, I would have done the first three rounds differently for sure. Tupuo almost made it to that 4th round pick which I was hoping for, but unfortunately that didn't happen.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030

Good job.
I have a starting CB opposite Clements as our biggest need with RT second and an ILB to replace Spikes third.

With Haralson being extended and Lawson hopefully being 100% healthy, I think that we'll have a much better pass rush. The only thing that would prevent that would be injuries and/or Manusky not blitzing/rushing our linebackers. Spikes had a good season but drafting an ILB to replace him in 2010 should be a higher priority than a pass rushing OLB in my opinion.

With the signing of RT Marvel Smith, I dont think the RT that we draft will start from day one. I think he'll be a backup. I would rather wait a year to get a starter and draft a RT on the second day for depth.

CB is the position that worries me the most because after Clements, it looks okay at best. Harris is old, Spencer hasnt become the CB I was hoping he would be and is coming off an injury, Brown has the most potential but it remains to be seen if he can start opposite Clements for a full season and Hudson is a backup at best.

And the Broncos had a private workout with QB Mark Sanchez. I really hope he falls to us and we can get Denver to give up both first rounders. I'll be so damn happy. For Denver, they would get their "franchise" QB and still have an extra first rounder next year plus the other draft picks and Orton acquired in the Cutler trade. Honestly, I think that DEN will trade both 12 and 18 but to move up as high as possible to draft Sanchez.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At this point i am hoping that Sanchez gets taken before number 10 so that we dont have to make such an important decision.

What do people think of the chances that Jacksonville or Seattle takes Sanchez and saves me from losing my sanity next week
Old 04-18-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonie61
At this point i am hoping that Sanchez gets taken before number 10 so that we dont have to make such an important decision.

What do people think of the chances that Jacksonville or Seattle takes Sanchez and saves me from losing my sanity next week
I dont see it as an important decision. If anything, its actually an easy decision - if Sanchez is there at 10, trade down with DEN, TB or the NYJ depending on who offers you the best packaged deal because one of them will definitely be looking for a potential franchise QB.

I think that SEA goes OT or defense at 4 and JAX goes for a WR.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Default Mock Draft Scenarios

I did my best to draw up four different Mock scenarios. All of these scenarios are based upon these 9 players being drafted before the 49ers select at #10...

Matthew Stafford - QB - Georgia
Mark Sanchez - QB - USC
Eugene Monroe - OT - Virginia
Jason Smith - OT - Baylor
Andre Smith - OT - Alabama
Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech
B.J. Raji - DT - Boston College
Brian Orakpo - DE - Texas
Aaron Curry - LB - Wake Forest

Those are the 9 players I feel have the greatest chance to be drafted 1-9.

My mocks were developed using whom I believe to be the best available players at #10.

I drafted 8 players in each mock based on what I believe the top-8 positions of need for the 49ers.

The positions I selected were (in no particular order) - QB - RB - WR - OT - TE - OLB - ILB - CB

NT is an exception but I only feel that position is a priority if Raji is still available.

Each mock has a different position selected in each round. I didn't want to have the same position targeted in the same rounds because this would give a better indication as to the players I like at these positions with varying stock value.

I allowed the final pick in each mock to be BPA because it allows for flexibility.

1. Aaron Maybin - OLB - Penn State
2. Darius Butler - CB - Connecticut
3. Andre Brown - RB - North Carolina State
4. TJ Lang - OT - Eastern Michigan
5. Brandon Gibson - WR - Washington State
5. Nate Davis - QB - Ball State
6. Frantz Joseph - ILB - Florida Atlantic
7. Bear Pascoe - TE - Fresno State
7. BPA

1. Michael Oher - OT - Mississippi
2. Lawrence Sidbury - OLB - Richmond
3. Stephen McGee - QB - Texas A&M
4. Anthony Hill - TE - North Carolina State
5. Scott McKillop - ILB - Pittsburgh
5. Greg Toler - CB - St. Paul's College
6. Dominique Edison - WR - Stephen F. Austin
7. Arian Foster - RB - Tennessee
7. BPA

1. Malcolm Jenkins - CB - Ohio State
2. Shonn Greene - RB - Iowa
3. Jasper Brinkley - ILB - South Carolina
4. Mike Wallace - WR - Arizona
5. Sebastian Vollmer - OT - Houston
5. Dan Gronkowski - TE - Maryland
6. Henry Melton - OLB - Texas
7. Mike Reilly - QB - Central Washington
7. BPA

1. Jeremy Maclin - WR - Missouri
2. Phil Loadholt - OT - Oklahoma
3. Richard Quinn - TE - North Carolina
4. Hunter Cantwell - QB - Louisville
5. Javarris Williams - RB - Tennessee State
5. Phillip Hunt - OLB - Houston
6. Don Carey - CB - Norfolk State
7. Worrell Williams - ILB - California
7. BPA

Players that I really like at Positions not addressed who should be available on Day 2

Offense

Fullback

Tony Fiammetta - Syracuse - Grade: 5
Quinn Johnson - LSU - Grade: 6
Frank Summers - UNLV - Grade: 7

Guard

Kraig Urbik - Wisconsin - Grade: 3
Roger Allen - Missouri Western - Grade: 5
Cornelius Lewis - Tennessee State - Grade: 6

Center

Antoine Caldwell - Alabama - Grade: 3
Edwin Williams - Maryland - Grade: 5
Robby Felix - UTEP - Grade: 6

Defense

Nose Tackle

Dorell Scott - Clemson - Grade: 4
Chris Baker - Hampton - Grade: 5
Terrance Knighton - Temple - Grade: 7

Defensive End

Kyle Moore - USC - Grade: 4
Pannel Egboh - Stanford - Grade: 6
Nader Abdallah - Ohio State - Grade: 7

Free Safety

Darcel McBath - Texas Tech - Grade: 3
Chris Clemons - Clemson - Grade: 4
Derek Pegues - Mississippi State - Grade: 5

Strong Safety

Chip Vaughn - Wake Forest - Grade: 2 (He could be available in Round 3)
Courtney Greene - Rutgers - Grade: 5
Stephen Hodge - TCU - Grade: 6

Late Round or Priority FA Sleepers that I love...

Tyrell Fenroy - RB - Louisiana-Lafayette
Dudley Guice - WR - Northwestern State
Eron Riley - WR - Duke
Pierre Walters - OLB - Eastern Illinois
Lee Robinson - ILB - Alcorn State
Dan Skuta - OLB - Grand Valley State
Joe Burnett - CB - Central Florida
Mark Parson - CB - Ohio
Old 04-18-2009, 04:57 AM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I have a starting CB opposite Clements as our biggest need with RT second and an ILB to replace Spikes third.

With Haralson being extended and Lawson hopefully being 100% healthy, I think that we'll have a much better pass rush. The only thing that would prevent that would be injuries and/or Manusky not blitzing/rushing our linebackers. Spikes had a good season but drafting an ILB to replace him in 2010 should be a higher priority than a pass rushing OLB in my opinion.

With the signing of RT Marvel Smith, I dont think the RT that we draft will start from day one. I think he'll be a backup. I would rather wait a year to get a starter and draft a RT on the second day for depth.

CB is the position that worries me the most because after Clements, it looks okay at best. Harris is old, Spencer hasnt become the CB I was hoping he would be and is coming off an injury, Brown has the most potential but it remains to be seen if he can start opposite Clements for a full season and Hudson is a backup at best.

And the Broncos had a private workout with QB Mark Sanchez. I really hope he falls to us and we can get Denver to give up both first rounders. I'll be so damn happy. For Denver, they would get their "franchise" QB and still have an extra first rounder next year plus the other draft picks and Orton acquired in the Cutler trade. Honestly, I think that DEN will trade both 12 and 18 but to move up as high as possible to draft Sanchez.
CB is a need. But we only recorded 30 sacks last season...and gave up 55! A better passrush helps the secondary. A good offensive line gives us a better offense and assures we don't have an exhausted defense. I would rather spend our first two picks on the trenches than anywhere else.

We should take an OT in round one, like Oher or Smith. He might not start right away, but would take over at LT sooner or later.

An OLB is needed early as well I think. I'm still not convinced Lawson or Haralson are the answers. After those two there is Jay Moore and Ahmed Brooks, or as I refer to them as "a lack of depth."

Clements is better than people give him credit for. Harris led the team in passes deflected last season. He can still play. Terrell Brown is a good nickle. Marcus Hudson isn't bad depth and Shantae Spencer should still warrant a roster spot.

Say we take Jenkins, Butler or Smith, I don't think any of them start either...
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote