Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-26-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
Borat, I really think you're looking at it the wrong way. "Backup" RB implies that Coffee is only going to play when Gore's hurt-- in reality his importance is going to be that plus keeping Gore fresh and healthy by splitting time with him. He's not so much a backup RB as a second RB. You can argue that there may have been better runners out there (personally, I like Coffee) but I think you're shortchanging how much of a need that was.
Yeah, I understand the philosophy of the 2nd RB. I just think we could get by this year with Clayton as that guy and focus on building the depth at CB most importantly or at OLB and OT.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McKillop is a tackling machine that could pair nice with Willis as Spikes' eventual replacement. I see him as a good fill in LB and special teamer this year. Brinkley's measurables were better than McKillops, but I think McKillops is a better pick, and a better football player. His NFL.com profile compares him to a bigger Zach Thomas - not bad for a 5th Rounder.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
NIMV
Rookie

NIMV hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Duke Robinson is gone....Johnson still on board
Old 04-26-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMV View Post
Well is more like they don't improve our Pass Rushers's corp. Although Haraldon improved last season, Niners need more men who can make pressure to QB but also an insurance if starters get hurted.
I was of the same opinion till a week or so ago. Lawson should be more involved. He is coming in much bigger. Haralson can only be better as well.

On top of that, we ranked 16th in the league last year in sacks. Not really a huge need to say the truth.

We do have depth issues are OLB though.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
NIMV
Rookie

Both guards I wanted to be Niners, are gone now.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am
On Balmer...you're missing the point. We had ONE first rounder last year. Do you not get that? Next year we will have TWO. Bringing up last year's pick makes no sense in this discussion.

How is it going to be funny if we pick in the top ten. As a TRUE 49er fan, I would not laugh if we were the bottom third of the league again.

And now, you're already skeptical on Crabtree? He's the best WR in the draft, the best playmaker in the draft.

And yes, I was talking about the patriots, and if you think the filming they did was the only reason they've won, you are unreachable.
I'm not missing the point. How did we get that first round pick that was used on Balmer??? When you figure that out, you'll realize why I mentioned it.

I was being sarcastic in regards to being happy if both the draft picks are in the top ten.

I'm 50/50 on Crabtree. I'm not bashing the pick since I knew it was going to be him once he started to slide. The only other guy would have been Raji if GB didnt take him. I'm hoping that he'll be as good as advertised. Besides, considering our first rounders since 2004, can you really blame me for being skeptical?

The filming wasnt the only reason but you do have to wonder how things would have turned out if you subtract the filming.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Coye Francies
Gerald Cadogan
Mike Mickens
Chris Baker
Lydon Murtha
Don Carey
Old 04-26-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

QB of the future? I just want him to use the laces... Lol for some reason that makes me super uncomfortable.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
NIMV
Rookie

Nate Davis will be a project for JImmy Raye and Mike Johnson but considering his lack of concentration could be bumped on 53 men roster cut.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMV View Post
Nate Davis will be a project for JImmy Raye and Mike Johnson but considering his lack of concentration could be bumped on 53 men roster cut.
I sure hope not. When you take a QB in the 5th round, you'd better give him at least a full year to develop before you write him off.

I like the pick. Not sure this coaching staff has what it takes to really develop a project at QB, but there's pretty good upside there which is all you can ask for from a 5th round QB.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
Dan, have you even seen Michael Crabtree play? I'm amazed that you don't like the pick. I mean, you ***** and moan about how we got rid of T.O. and we haven't had a good WR since. And then we go out and get a guy that projects to be similar to Andre Johnson and you're upset about it? I just can't understand what you're thinking anymore. Who would you have selected instead of Crabtree?
I'm 50/50 and taking a wait and see approach on Crabtree. The difference between Owens and Crabtree is that Owens is already an established WR while Crabtree is a rookie and arent all you guys the ones that say, it takes three years for a WR to develop? If thats true, we're screwed.

I never seen Crabtree play but again, I dont watch or follow NCAA especially since I work on Saturdays and thus no point. I probably would have drafted Oher or more likely traded down for someone who wanted Crabtree.

How is Crabtree compared to Calvin Johnson? Johnson has been a stud with well no one around him and we have more talent on offense than Detroit has so do you think Crabtree can make an impact like Johnson did or better?
Old 04-26-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know these comparisons are stupid but I thought this was funny. They compare Nate Davis to Alex Smith

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1113573
Old 04-26-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillip Hunt is still available. I hope we get him with our 6th.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the pick. Great upside for a developmental QB. My only concern is his documented learning disability that I just read about.

Also, for what it's worth, his NFL.com bio compares him to our very own Alex Smith, saying that he relies on his athletic ability to make plays and if he isn't swallowed up by the local media, and has weapons, he could be a very good player. Another good value in the 5th.

BTW Jennings is still available. Do the Niners take him if he's there in the 6th?

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 04-26-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Kiper just called McKillop one of the best picks of the 5th round on ESPN.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I'm 50/50 and taking a wait and see approach on Crabtree. The difference between Owens and Crabtree is that Owens is already an established WR while Crabtree is a rookie and arent all you guys the ones that say, it takes three years for a WR to develop? If thats true, we're screwed.

I never seen Crabtree play but again, I dont watch or follow NCAA especially since I work on Saturdays and thus no point. I probably would have drafted Oher or more likely traded down for someone who wanted Crabtree.

How is Crabtree compared to Calvin Johnson? Johnson has been a stud with well no one around him and we have more talent on offense than Detroit has so do you think Crabtree can make an impact like Johnson did or better?
Crabtree will make a direct impact on the team. We could just put Crabtree out there and he would draw all secondary attention and that leaves Morgan and Bruce to make plays. Great A++ pick for us.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I like the pick. Great upside for a developmental QB. My only concern is his documented learning disability that I just read about.

Also, for what it's worth, his NFL.com bio compares him to our very own Alex Smith, saying that he relies on his athletic ability to make plays and if he isn't swallowed up by the local media, and has weapons, he could be a very good player. Another good value in the 5th.

BTW Jennings is still available. Do the Niners take him if he's there in the 6th?
I think the learning disability is one of the major reasons he dropped. it just means they have to give him time, which is perfect for a team with Shaun Hill starting.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leave it to Dan to question us taking the player that many teams have ranked as the #1 player in this years draft at #10 overall.

I like that we drafted him based more on talent than on need. I dont think that is something we would have done in the past and I was honestly scared we would still pass on him.

You'll be happy next year with those 2 first rounders, Dan.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
I think the learning disability is one of the major reasons he dropped. it just means they have to give him time, which is perfect for a team with Shaun Hill starting.
Or use the K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) model for an offensive scheme for him. ;) He wouldn't do well with Gruden's crazy-a** terminology for example.

Bottom line, the guy is a football player with great talent. They have to use him effectively to maximize his strengths.

I'd dump Huard immediately and make this kid the 3rd String QB, giving him time to work with the young WRs on the team like Morgan, Hill Ziegler & Crabs.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Just remember that Gore was considered dumb as a post when he came into the league, and look at what he's done. Albeit, QB is MUCH more of a cerebral position than RB. Learning disability doesn't mean that he can't learn. He just has to try that much harder. If he's a winner like Sing wants, he will.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great article on Nate Davis...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column......&id=4047057
Old 04-26-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pascoe is the epitomy of the big-bruising, blocking TE that McSing wanted.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
NIMV
Rookie

another backup/rotational player taken.

Pascoe will be only a run blocking TE but his intangibles show some promises.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Replacement for Bajema
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten
Leave it to Dan to question us taking the player that many teams have ranked as the #1 player in this years draft at #10 overall.

I like that we drafted him based more on talent than on need. I dont think that is something we would have done in the past and I was honestly scared we would still pass on him.

You'll be happy next year with those 2 first rounders, Dan.
Except for the first nine teams who obviously didnt have him ranked number one. I knew he was going to be the pick once he started to slide.

Again, just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I know that I will be happy next year but its not next year yet.