Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-25-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
If that is not a joke then I have offically become very worried about you.
Haha. Im no draft expert, it was just a wild guess.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft wise -

I'm leaning towards CB Malcolm Jenkins first and OT Michael Oher second.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Draft wise -

I'm leaning towards CB Malcolm Jenkins first and OT Michael Oher second.
We are aware Dan thank you
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
I like Nate Davis, but I don't think there's any way we'll take him with our 1st rounder without trading right down to the bottom of the round.

I'm starting to like Jenkins if we get a spot high enough but to be honest, I think we'd be better placed to trade down if we got top 5 and QB wasn't on our agenda...
I would love to draft Jenkins. The guy is amazing. As for Nate Davis, unless we trade back and end up towards the end of the 1st and have stockpiled a bunch of picks, I wouldn't take Davis before the 25th pick. I watched a bunch of Ball State games this year thanks to their crazy scheduling and Nate Davis looks legit. He's got a cannon, he's mobile in the pocket and he's smart. Watch some of the throws he makes in this game:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 11-27-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only problem with Davis is that he seems kind of immature. I have watched a lot of Ball State games as well because of that crazy schedule and he gets too excited after everything. Some people would consider that passion and like it in a player but I see a little bit of Ryan Leaf there.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
My only problem with Davis is that he seems kind of immature. I have watched a lot of Ball State games as well because of that crazy schedule and he gets too excited after everything. Some people would consider that passion and like it in a player but I see a little bit of Ryan Leaf there.
I wouldn't know if it's a good passion or not but I have just really enjoyed watching Ball State.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I wouldn't know if it's a good passion or not but I have just really enjoyed watching Ball State.
Me too. I enjoyed watching them even more before Dante Love got injured. He was one of my favorite receivers in college football.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy does look pretty legit.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was watching a Ball State game last weekend, my first one. Davis has a freakin' rocket launcher for an arm.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

One thing that I really like is that he's been a starter since he was a freshman.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing I noticed, other than his strong arm, he has good placement on his throws. If we don't get him, I sure hope he succeeds. The 49ers hasn't had a velocity thrower since Jeff Garcia(kindasorta)..

Old 11-28-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Jeff Garcia is still playing decently. If only we had the cap room that year he was a FA... oh well.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Jeff Garcia is still playing decently. If only we had the cap room that year he was a FA... oh well.
I think we did Donahue was just a moron. I really would say to myself how could it get any worse, then I would see the lions.....
Old 11-29-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I think we did Donahue was just a moron. I really would say to myself how could it get any worse, then I would see the lions.....
Haha. Sad but true.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

my mock draft among other tidbits that i hope come to pass

new coach - jim shwartz - d.c. Tenn Titans

release the followig players:
alex smith
jonas jennings
jaime martin
arnaz battle
barry sims
issac sopogoa
abrayo franklin
takeo spikes
ahmad brooks
walt harris
shawntee spener
mark roman
keith and michael lewis

sign the following:
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
jordan gross
darren sharper
jeff garcia ( as a backup )

draft if it was right now rds 1-4
1. arron cuury - olb
2. jason smith - ot
3. michael hamlin - s
4. dominique johnson - cb
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post

alex smith
jonas jennings
jaime martin
arnaz battle
barry sims
issac sopogoa
abrayo franklin
takeo spikes
ahmad brooks
walt harris
shawntee spener
mark roman
keith and michael lewis
I hate releasing players. I'd rather trade them somehow and get something for them; even if that is 7th round picks.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I don't see any good in releasing both started safties, starting corner, the bulk of the starting rotation at NT, and the starting MLB. I'm thinking San Fran is high on getting a proven HC after the Nolan debacle.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, who do you guys think is going to be cut/not re-sign from the roster for next year? We have a lot of trash on the roster and i think we need to gut some bad/overpaid players.

QB- J.T. O'Sullivan
QB- Jamie Martin
QB- Alex Smith (i thnk he will be re-signed to a short deal)
RB- Deshaun Foster
FB- Zak Keasey
WR- Isaac Bruce
WR- Bryant Johnson
TE- Billy Bajema
TE- Sean Ryan
OT- Jonas Jennings
OT- Barry Sims
DT- Aurbrayo Franklin
LB- Jeff Ulbrich
CB- Walt Harris
FS- Mark Roman

I think we'll re-sign

-Ronald Fields (for competition)
-Donald Strickland (Dimeback, Special Teams)
-Takeo Spikes
-Alex Smith (as stated above)
-Allen Rossum
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post

alex smith
jonas jennings
jaime martin
arnaz battle
barry sims
issac sopogoa
abrayo franklin
takeo spikes
ahmad brooks
walt harris
shawntee spener
mark roman
keith and michael lewis

sign the following:
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
jordan gross
darren sharper

1. arron cuury - olb
2. jason smith - ot
3. michael hamlin - s
Ok why would we release Alex Smith, Arnaz Battle, ICE, Takeo Spikes, Shawntae Spencer, and the two Lewis'?

Smith is going to get another chance at starting next year, and I think if he stays healthy that will finally be the year. Battle? One of the best blocking WR's in the NFL and a great slot? No no way. ICE? just re-signed him to a 5 year deal and he has been solid this year don't see him going anywhere no reason to.

Spencer? Why he is a great nickel that has starting ability. Michael Lewis is a great in the box safety and Keith is great as his backup that will not happen. Spikes has been awesome this year for us. He needs to stay around so he can mentor whomever the young guy is that we bring in to take his spot.

Housh would be a dumb signing since we are loaded with young WR's that are emerging. Gross would be a good signing giving us two great bookend tackles. Sharper and Garcia? No just no.

Why would we take a luxiory pick with our first pick? No that will be an OT. Jason Smith will not fall to the second round. Hamlin is also a SS and we need a FS.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123

No Thanks. I dont want another DC to be our next HC. I want someone who's already been a HC and knows what he's doing.

Quote:
alex smith
jonas jennings
jaime martin
arnaz battle
barry sims
issac sopogoa
abrayo franklin
takeo spikes
ahmad brooks
walt harris
shawntee spener
mark roman
keith and michael lewis
WTF??? Are you kidding me??? I would keep Smith (and Hill) to compete for the starting QB job with it being Hill's to lose. Sullivan should be on the list instead of Smith. At least Smth is still very young and still has an upside. I agree with Jennings, Martin, Franklin, Harris and Roman. I would keep Battle and release Bruce instead. Sims should be retained for depth. Sopoaga should be the starting DT and we just signed him to an extension. Spikes is 50/50. On one hand, he's done better than expected but on the other who knows how he'll play next year. Brooks was already released which was a stupid move in my opinion. I would keep Spencer as the nickelback with Keith Lewis being our best special teams player and Michael Lewis has been for us what Parrish was when he replaced Schulters in 2002. No way I let either Lewis leave.

Quote:
sign the following:
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
jordan gross
darren sharper
No thanks to T.J. He'll be 32 when the 2009 season has already started and isnt worth the money that he's going to want to get. Forget Gross as he's most likely going to stay in CAR and overpaying a RT isnt a smart move. I say stay with Snyder at RT. Sharper??? No thanks. Basically, you want to overpay two old players to be starters for us??? You've got to be kidding me because this is how you get into cap hell. By overpaying all these old players that wont play out their entire contract. Want to overpay someone? Overpay Suggs who's only 26 years old, in his prime and fills arguably, our biggest need. Overpay Dansby who's only 27 years old, in his prime and would complete our LB core for what should be the 4-3 next season. Garcia is the only one I agree with but I wouldnt pay him more than $1m per season and thats being generous.

Quote:
1. arron cuury - olb
2. jason smith - ot
3. michael hamlin - s
Sorry, but I rather overpay Suggs and/or Dansby to play OLB depending on what we run and draft CB Malcolm Jenkins and if that means trading up to get him, so be it. M. Lewis is set at SS for the next three years and isnt going anywhere so forget it. FS should be Reggie Smth which is what he was drafted to be. Safeties are set. My starting OL would already be set and I would draft a backup OG and OT on the second day. And why would I draft a CB in round four to compete with others who at best are nickelbacks?
Old 11-29-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
So, who do you guys think is going to be cut/not re-sign from the roster for next year? We have a lot of trash on the roster and i think we need to gut some bad/overpaid players.

QB- J.T. O'Sullivan
QB- Jamie Martin
QB- Alex Smith (i thnk he will be re-signed to a short deal)
RB- Deshaun Foster
FB- Zak Keasey
WR- Isaac Bruce
WR- Bryant Johnson
TE- Billy Bajema
TE- Sean Ryan
OT- Jonas Jennings
OT- Barry Sims
DT- Aurbrayo Franklin
LB- Jeff Ulbrich
CB- Walt Harris
FS- Mark Roman

I think we'll re-sign

-Ronald Fields (for competition)
-Donald Strickland (Dimeback, Special Teams)
-Takeo Spikes
-Alex Smith (as stated above)
-Allen Rossum
Agree with releasing Sullivan and Martin. I would keep Smith because releasing/trading him would result in a huge cap hit anyway so mine as well just keep him especially since he'll only be 25 in 2009 and still has a huge upside. Agree with Foster and Keasley. Where the hell is Thomas Clayton??? Agree with Bruce and Johnson was signed to a one year deal and I dont see him coming back. Bajema is cheap and is a good blocker. I keep him and if possible, try to convert him to FB. Either way, I would keep him. Ryan and Jennings agreed. I would keep Sims for depth. Franklin, Harris and Roman agreed. Ulbrich is one of our top special teams players. I would keep him.

Agree with re-signing Fields and Strickland. Spikes would be 50/50. I would let Rossum leave.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
FS should be Reggie Smth which is what he was drafted to be.
No for the last time he was drafted to replace Walt.

Quote:
I would let Rossum leave.
Finally have a great kick returner why would we let him go?

Quote:
Forget Gross as he is a RT
No he would play LT and let Staley move back to RT. I do agree that he will stay in Carolina. Also I would like to hear about your obsession with Dansby and Suggs?

Last edited by Menardo75 : 11-29-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75
No for the last time he was drafted to replace Walt.
Smith is better suited to be our FS, not our starting CB which will hopefully be Malcolm Jenkins.

Quote:
Finally have a great kick returner why would we let him go?
Great??? Good but not great in my opinion.

Quote:
No he would play LT and let Staley move back to RT. I do agree that he will stay in Carolina. Also I would like to hear about your obsession with Dansby and Suggs?
I wouldnt overpay Gross when we drafted Staley to play LT and Snyder is better at RT than he is at OG. Do I really have to explain Suggs and Dansby??? Come on.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rossum was leading the NFC (if not the entire NFL) in kick return average going into last week's game. I wasn't big on signing him but he has produced and isn't a weakness on the team.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Rossum is the most consistent kick/punt returner in the league this year and deserves to go to the Pro Bowl.