Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-29-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac25fan View Post
2009- Raye concerns me, but I can see how they are trying to go back to the way of Norv Turner. I guess we will have to wait and see. Let's hope he will actually stay for a few years if he is successful.
I'm pretty sure he's past the age of being a head coach somewhere, which is good.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm pretty sure he's past the age of being a head coach somewhere, which is good.
I think our defense will be great, but I have this feeling we won't have Manusky for much longer if that happens :(
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
But yes, on paper, if i'm correct in assuming this is your thought... they are both running quarterbacks in non pro style offenses and one plays in the SEC and the other the MAC.
Not necessarily.. Just wanted to find your point of view although the fact that they are eerily similar did cross my mind. Other than that.. Now this statement is arguable, the MAC has produced some very good QBs, maybe better than SEC??? Maybe???

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My three favorite QBs for 2010 are all MAC QBs: Tim Hiller, Dan LeFevour and Daniel Raudabaugh (my HS QB).

Old 04-29-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Drafting football players instead of workout warriors will lead to a better team and more success.

If there's any doubt to this, please see: Raiders, Oakland
Do the names Vernon Davis and Manny Lawson come to mind?

Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My three favorite QBs for 2010 are all MAC QBs: Tim Hiller, Dan LeFevour and Daniel Raudabaugh (my HS QB).
Not to go unmentioned is Ohio's QB Franshaw "Boo" Jackson, who did an excellent job last season.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Not to go unmentioned is Ohio's QB Franshaw "Boo" Jackson, who did an excellent job last season.
BOO FTW!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
He's barely 6 foot.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Yeah Boo's the man!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Give me the previously mentioned three over him.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Give me the previously mentioned three over him.
No one was really arguing that. But statistically Hiller and LeFevour are a far ahead of Rad and Boo. The only thing I think Rad would have over Boo is height.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
The only thing I think Rad would have over Boo is height.
and my adoration!

Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do the names Vernon Davis and Manny Lawson come to mind?
IIRC, weren't Davis and Lawson both very productive in college?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
IIRC, weren't Davis and Lawson both very productive in college?
I know that Vernon was. He had something like 76 catches his last year. I am not sure about Manny.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Manny Lawson, during his senior season had 58 tackles (33 solos), 21 pressures, four pass deflections, a blocked kick, 10.5 sacks and 19.5 stops for loss, according to Wikipedia. Seems productive to me.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

i know its early but this is an early mock for 2010

1. trent williams - ot
1. Mark Herzlich - olb
2. Dan LeFevour - qb
3. nate allen - fs
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love all the Nolan bashing. Granted, I was saying it since day one but im happy to see that you guys finally realized that he was horrible and didnt know what the hell he was doing.

And please dont remind me of us drafting Balmer over Phillips.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
And please dont remind me of us drafting Balmer over Phillips.
You and me both, Dan.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think my personal ideal draft for next year would include something like the following

1a. Taylor Mays/Eric Berry S
-would finally give us a playmaker at safety that hasn't been there in years, i think merton hanks was our last good FS

1b. OT
-don't know of any big prospects yet but it totally depends on how smith holds up

2. Terrence Cody DT
-would finally give us someone that can actually play NT in the 3-4

and i think that i would cream my pants if the niners got dez bryant next year although that would probably take a first/early second. imagine the playmakers on that offense. all of this is also made with the assumption that someone does at least half decent at QB this year
Old 04-30-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
i know its early but this is an early mock for 2010

1. trent williams - ot
1. Mark Herzlich - olb
2. Dan LeFevour - qb
3. nate allen - fs
I absolutely love Mark Herzlich. Just a badass playmaker from the OLB position. Would love to add him to the D.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan LeFevour!!! for the niners im on the wagon.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
i think my personal ideal draft for next year would include something like the following

-would finally give us a playmaker at safety that hasn't been there in years, i think merton hanks was our last good FS

1b. OT
-don't know of any big prospects yet but it totally depends on how smith holds up

2. Terrence Cody DT

and i think that i would cream my pants if the niners got dez bryant next year although that would probably take a first/early second. imagine the playmakers on that offense. all of this is also made with the assumption that someone does at least half decent at QB this year
I really don't think we need anymore receivers. I would cry of joy if we got Trent Williams.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post

1b. OT

2. Terrence Cody DT
The 9ers could pkg. their 2 no. 1s next yr. to move up to get Mays or Berry, the way everybody's all gaga over either of them, one of them could be the top player taken.

Call me a Crimson Tide homer, guilty as charged, but I don't think Mount Cody will last to the 2nd rd. if he keeps his weight under control (ideal playing weight in the 340s) & stays healthy. About 10-11 3-4 teams will be lining up for his services. Personally I would love to see him in Dallas or SF
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
ninerbowl6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I know that Vernon was. He had something like 76 catches his last year. I am not sure about Manny.
Vernon had 47 catches his senior year....Maryland does not throw the ball a lot so his production was pretty average....
Old 04-30-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
The 9ers could pkg. their 2 no. 1s next yr. to move up to get Mays or Berry, the way everybody's all gaga over either of them, one of them could be the top player taken.
I doubt that a top 3 or 4 team will select and pay a S that much money, as even the best paid safeties aren't paid as much as the elite corners. They both could go 5 or 6 at the earliest, regardless of talent and hype. That's good news for the Niners as they aren't going to have a Top 5 pick. Maybe a Top 10 when Carolina tanks though =)~

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote