Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-08-2009, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated playing GB in the 90s. You guys almost always dominated our defense. And we had the No. 1 D one of those years and you still punked us. At least we got some good wins in against Dallas.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I would love nothing more (assuming he's playing for the Vikings) for Patrick Willis to de-cleat him this season, like he did to Brad Smith last season.
Watching him de-cleat anyone is full of win though :)

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO - Some good quotes fellas.

"Jager rage" and "Singletary....pisses excellence" are great!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
I hated playing GB in the 90s. You guys almost always dominated our defense. And we had the No. 1 D one of those years and you still punked us. At least we got some good wins in against Dallas.
Me too. I still remember when GB needed a 3rd down conversion and EVERY time, I would say cover Freeman in the slot over the middle, they wouldnt and just guess what happened. Every damn time, Favre and Freeman would run that play even when you knew it was coming and we never stopped them. UGH.

I hated the Packers more than I hated the Cowboys back then.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Courtesy of Prowler's sig:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Lions 2009 Record 5-11, 4-4 Home
Projected Victims(week):
Vikings(2), Redskins(3), St. Louis(8), Cleveland(11), @49ers(16)
I would think they would be the last team calling other teams victims lol

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 05-08-2009 at 05:40 PM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions 2nd year RB Kevin Smith just predicted they'd make the playoffs!

PLAYOFFS?!? PLAYOFFS?!?!? YOU KIDDIN ME?!?!

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Last edited by Madirishman : 05-08-2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Kevin Smith
Old 05-08-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, when you're looking at the future schedule, any time you see a team that isn't a powerhouse, you're going to figure that will be a win for your team. That's just human nature really. I ain't worried about Detroit. We dominate them.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the preseason predictions. Games count on the field. Just reminds me of Steven "2500 yds All Purpose" Jackson and Jon "Playoffs" Kitna.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Didn't the Packers have the #1 ranked D in 96 and 97?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
PLAYOFFS?!? PLAYOFFS?!?!? YOU KIDDIN ME?!?!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 @ Arizona 4:15 PM L
2 Seattle 4:05 PM W
3 @ Minnesota 1:00 PM W
4 St. Louis 4:15 PM L
5 Atlanta 4:05 PM W
7 @ Houston 1:00 PM L
8 @ Indianapolis 1:00 PM L
9 Tennessee 4:15 PM W
10 Chicago 8:20 PM W
11 @ Green Bay 1:00 PM L
12 Jacksonville 4:05 PM W
13 @ Seattle 4:15 PM W
14 Arizona 8:30 PM W
15 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM W
16 Detroit 4:05 PM W
17 @ St. Louis 1:00PM L

10-6
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:37 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
1 @ Arizona 4:15 PM L
2 Seattle 4:05 PM W
3 @ Minnesota 1:00 PM W
4 St. Louis 4:15 PM L
5 Atlanta 4:05 PM W
7 @ Houston 1:00 PM L
8 @ Indianapolis 1:00 PM L
9 Tennessee 4:15 PM W
10 Chicago 8:20 PM W
11 @ Green Bay 1:00 PM L
12 Jacksonville 4:05 PM W
13 @ Seattle 4:15 PM W
14 Arizona 8:30 PM W
15 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM W
16 Detroit 4:05 PM W
17 @ St. Louis 1:00PM L

10-6
You think the Niners will lose to the Rams twice but will beat Philly on the road?! Interesting.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I definitely don't see the rams beating us once.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You think the Niners will lose to the Rams twice but will beat Philly on the road?! Interesting.
Ever since Singletary has come on the staff the rotation has gone, sweep the Rams split with the Cards swept by Seahawks, sweep Seahawks split with the Rams swept by Cards, and the rotation just keeps going through. So it's our turn this year to sweep Seattle, and have the Rams sweep us.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I say we sweep Seattle and sweep the Cardinals BOTH!

Old 05-10-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 @ Arizona 4:15 PM Loss
2 Seattle 4:05 PM Win
3 @ Minnesota 1:00 PM Loss
4 St. Louis 4:15 PM Win
5 Atlanta 4:05 PM Loss
7 @ Houston 1:00 PM Loss
8 @ Indianapolis 1:00 PM Loss
9 Tennessee 4:15 PM Win
10 Chicago 8:20 PM Win
11 @ Green Bay 1:00 PM Loss
12 Jacksonville 4:05 PM Win
13 @ Seattle 4:15 PM Loss
14 Arizona 8:30 PM Loss
15 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM Loss
16 Detroit 4:05 PM Win
17 @ St. Louis 1:00PM Win

I got 7-9

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect 7-10 wins but, at this point, dont know who against any more.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I expect 7-10 wins but, at this point, dont know who against any more.
I second this. Anything out of that range would be a huge surprise or disappointment.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's why it was worth keeping him around. You could tell that he had a good skill set coming out of college, but from what I've seen, he lacks that "born leader" factor, and may not even be an "A Type" personality player. If guys don't see you as a leader, they don't play as hard; they don't make the extra effort.

I hope he can convince his teammates that he's a leader and will take charge in the huddle. which is something that Shaun Hill has on him right now. The team plays harder for Shaun cause they see him as more of a leader.
Actually the reason given by the now defunct Nolan regime for drafting Smith #1 overall vs. local fave Aaron Rodgers from Cal was that Smith showed better leadership skills. Rodgers had the better arm, both had that "system QB" knock from college, & Rodgers dropped to #24 taken in the 1st rd. & waited interminably behind Favre for his f*ckups to catch up to him (note Favre's setting the career INT rcd.) while Smith got 24M guaranteed $, hindsight is 20/20, go figure.....
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Actually the reason given by the now defunct Nolan regime for drafting Smith #1 overall vs. local fave Aaron Rodgers from Cal was that Smith showed better leadership skills. Rodgers had the better arm, both had that "system QB" knock from college, & Rodgers dropped to #24 taken in the 1st rd. & waited interminably behind Favre for his f*ckups to catch up to him (note Favre's setting the career INT rcd.) while Smith got 24M guaranteed $, hindsight is 20/20, go figure.....
Rodgers was put in a much better position, with a better chance to succeed than Smith. You can't assume that Smith was the wrong pick and Rodgers was the right one because of what happened. Also, given the same circumstances as Rodgers, Smith may have done better. Due to Alex's injuries the last couple years and Rodgers having one good season (in which he couldn't lead his team to the playoffs) the jury is till out on both IMO.

I was commenting on Alex's leadership skills NOW, not back when Nolan & Co. drafted him in '05. I paid very close attention to that draft, and Alex seemed much more confident during the Draft process, had graduated early (3 years) suggesting that he could digest a playbook, etc. Rodgers stance while holding the ball was put into question and he was rumored as giving a hometown discount. I gave the slight advantage to Alex when considering who I would take at QB if it was my call.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Rodgers would have done much differently had he come here. The issue wasn't the talent of the quarterback it was the woeful supporting cast we gave him. Sub-standard WRs and a joke of an O-line stunted Smith's development and led directly to his injuries. In similar circumstances I think most rookie, or even experienced QBs would struggle. We should have sat him for a year to hone his skills whilst we built a better line and WR corps.

On another note...Mike Holmgren has apparently decided he's ready to work again. Cue Dan.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
I don't think Rodgers would have done much differently had he come here. The issue wasn't the talent of the quarterback it was the woeful supporting cast we gave him. Sub-standard WRs and a joke of an O-line stunted Smith's development and led directly to his injuries. In similar circumstances I think most rookie, or even experienced QBs would struggle. We should have sat him for a year to hone his skills whilst we built a better line and WR corps.
Not to mention that Rodgers has had only one playbook since 2006.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

I'm so tired of the Alexcuses. None of the issues that ever get stated have anything to do with the fact that he never improved on his mechanics. Just look at him throwing the ball. His feet are awful. He throws off his back foot all the time and as a result of his bad mechanics, his accuracy suffers bigtime. Shaun Hill is a fairly "ugly" QB, but he delivers an accurate ball and voila, we actually move the ball down the field. You can't assume that Rogers would have been as incapable as Alex in improving his mechanics.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I'm so tired of the Alexcuses. None of the issues that ever get stated have anything to do with the fact that he never improved on his mechanics. Just look at him throwing the ball. His feet are awful. He throws off his back foot all the time and as a result of his bad mechanics, his accuracy suffers bigtime. Shaun Hill is a fairly "ugly" QB, but he delivers an accurate ball and voila, we actually move the ball down the field. You can't assume that Rogers would have been as incapable as Alex in improving his mechanics.
His mechanics have been an issue. True.

If he had flawless mechanics he would have been able to overcome different coordinators, a subpar supporting cast, and ultimately would have been successful. False.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
His mechanics have been an issue. True.

If he had flawless mechanics he would have been able to overcome different coordinators, a subpar supporting cast, and ultimately would have been successful. False.
You mean the same "different coordinators and subpar supporting cast" that Shaun Hill has overcome?