Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-02-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Abaddon. I really like your mock I don't see Rashad Johnson falling that far though with the way his stock is rising.
I know but I can dream, can't I?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just dont see why everyone's so worried about being in cap hell
Probably because our current state is partly the result of last time we mismanaged our cap.

Quote:
Signing Suggs and/or Dansby isnt going to put us in cap hell if the contracts are spread out correctly.
It's not as if we're going to be the only ones chasing them. We'd have to promise massive contracts to get them to both come to the bay and that would put us in 'cap hell.'

Quote:
Besides, the defense would finally be set barring injuries.
I think we need help in the trenches more than the LB core, if we could get the OL neutralised then our OLBs will find it much easier to get penetration. Lawson and Haralson are young and I think they've got some potential if we can get them the support they need. I'd like to find a decent Ted, a real mauler, from the draft but I think we'll find one further down.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
the team can trade up and get Jenkins
Trading up doesnt make sense anymore because you first have to give up a couple mid-rounders and often times the next year's 1st just to jump 2-3 spots. On top of that, you are going to have to shell out a huge contract which will make him one of the highest paid at his position to a guy who hasn't played a down.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Damn our team for taking developemental players. Yeah I am a big fan of Clay Matthews would love to see him in the red and gold.
if u read it right, the guy i quoted thought willis was a rookie this season
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

1. arron curry : olb - with lawson and willis i think if sf went to a 4-3 and made balmer go to de this pick would make sense and would add great speed to the defense. by the time sf picks, the only corner worth choosing would be jenkins and he would be gone.
2. jason merideth : ot - with jennings gone and odds are barry sims will be as well, sf needs depth at ot
3. michael hamlin : fs - this would help m.lewis and give sometime to see where reggie smith fits at better cb or s
4. brandon underwood : cb - with walt harris turning 35 and spencer coming off a acl injury, this would provide depth
5. sammie stroughter : wr - had he not had off field issues he could have came out his jr year and been a 1st day pick. sound familiar? ( josh morgan )
6. keegan herring : rb - deshaun foster was brought in to help spell gore. that hasn't happened.
7. tom brandstater : qb - smith and martin will be gone. need to find a 3rd qb
Old 12-03-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
smith and martin will be gone. need to find a 3rd qb
I bet it's JTO and not Smith that is gone in the off-season.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/017522.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee-rows
Most of the offensive players are familiar with his system, most notably Frank Gore, who had a record-breaking season under Turner, and quarterbacks Shaun Hill and Alex Smith. Hill definitely will be on the roster next year. The addition of Turner might also prompt Smith to return at a reduced price, something that McCloughan would favor. It all seems like a snug fit. If the Chargers continue to lose and the 49ers continue to win, it could happen
Norv Turner as OC again? I think his failings with the Chargers would pretty much end his chances at getting another head coaching gig for a while. And it really feels like the perfect fit, especially after what we saw in '06.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bar his shoulder being a complete wreck Alex will be back with us next year imo. It'll be Hill's job to lose but I can see Alex taking over by midway through 2009.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am all for bringing Norv back. If the Chargers keep losing he will be fired, and no one is going to want him to give him a head coaching job.

Quote:
As of right now, we're between the 7th and 10th draft picks and quite honestly, I dont see us ending up with a top 5 draft pick but I do want to be in the top 10 so the team can trade up and get Jenkins.

And you guys talk about spending money on high draft picks but when you spend less money on players who dont help the team (Cain, Franklin, Roman, etc.) what's the point?

We've spent money the last two years but we will also be letting players go which will free up cap room plus the cap itself will probably be around $125m or so. The way you get into cap hell is by overpaying players past their prime or not setting up their contracts correctly (see Larry Fitzgerald's rookie contract). That's how you get into cap hell.

Signing Suggs and/or Dansby isnt going to put us in cap hell if the contracts are spread out correctly. Besides, the defense would finally be set barring injuries.

I just dont see why everyone's so worried about being in cap hell since we havent done a damn thing while not being in cap hell. If being in cap hell for a few years means going all out and winning a SB, then, im all for it because saving money and still sucking isnt exactly anything to be happy about.
Goodbye brain cells see you in 20 years :(

Last edited by Menardo75 : 12-03-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want Chris Peterson from Boise State to be the new OC but Turner is tempting, especially if Alex Smith's shoulder is fully healed.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I really want Chris Peterson from Boise State to be the new OC but Turner is tempting, especially if Alex Smith's shoulder is fully healed.
The team is built to fit that offense perfectly. And you know he wont get another HC look for a long time since he couldnt win with all that talent down in San Diego. I don't know about the rest of you but bringing back Norv would make me pretty happy.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/017522.html

Norv Turner as OC again? I think his failings with the Chargers would pretty much end his chances at getting another head coaching gig for a while. And it really feels like the perfect fit, especially after what we saw in '06.
I am really crossing my fingers that he gets canned by the Chargers. He still talks very highly of both Hill and Smith, so we wouldn't have to worry about the QB situation. Also this team is built to his style of football. My only fear is that Dallas fires Wade, promotes Garrett, and has an opening for Norv at OC. I can't see him turning down Dallas.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I can't see him turning down Dallas.
True but I would like to think that he's still got a man crush on Alex and Gore.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would welcome Norv Turner back with opened arms and I dont see him going to DAL because he turned down an offer from Jerry Jones to be the HC, stayed in SF for a few more weeks and then went to SD after Jones brought in Wade Phillips.

I also dont see him going to DAL as the OC because Garrett would most likely still be calling the plays so what's the point in him going there?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am also hoping that our QB competition next year is like the Bears' this year. This year everyone thought they were stupid for just having Kyle Orton and Rex Grossmen battle it out for ther job. Then Orton won and emerged as a possible franchise guy. I am hoping that one of our guys emerge next year. Maybe this year if Shaun shows that ability. Which he has shown flashes of.

Quote:
I would welcome Norv Turner back with opened arms and I dont see him going to DAL because he turned down an offer from Jerry Jones to be the HC, stayed in SF for a few more weeks and then went to SD after Jones brought in Wade Phillips.

I also dont see him going to DAL as the OC because Garrett would most likely still be calling the plays so what's the point in him going there?
Yeah I don't see Norv going to Dallas. Garrett will still want to call the plays and Norv will also want to, just won't happen.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 12-04-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martz might be jumping shipping. Gary Radnich says he has/will be interviewing with San Diego State.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5H2UnCptw
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^^

Nice. I didnt want Martz to begin with and want him gone because eventually, he'll screw over the offense and Singletary in order to make himself look better. And personally, I think that it's more Hill than Martz since Hill played good at the end of last season with a horrible OC.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Martz heading to the college ranks huh. I will probably be great their.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didnt care for Martz when he got the job, would love to have Norv back but more than anything I just want an OC thats going to last more than 1 year. Find the right guy, make him an offer he cant refuse and lock him in for 5 years.

The drafting and mentoring of Alex Smith has been nothing short of an embarrassment - not for Alex but for the team. If you ever wanted to kill career look at the 9ers last few years as a blueprint

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
Didnt care for Martz when he got the job, would love to have Norv back but more than anything I just want an OC thats going to last more than 1 year. Find the right guy, make him an offer he cant refuse and lock him in for 5 years.

The drafting and mentoring of Alex Smith has been nothing short of an embarrassment - not for Alex but for the team. If you ever wanted to kill career look at the 9ers last few years as a blueprint
That's why I want Norv. Alex's best year was with Norv and Norv is the one that can make Alex into the player we all want.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Go Raiders then.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

if romeo crennell get fired i'd like to see cleveland's oc come here.
other notable oc's
scott linehan - he was great in miami
greg knapp - he was in san fran a few years ago
chris peterson - boise st
mike hermadinger - tenn titans
Old 12-05-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

please...let's stop fantasizing about alex smith already for god's sake!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
please...let's stop fantasizing about alex smith already for god's sake!
How about we stop talking about GREG KNAPP?!?!?!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
dhp318
Rookie

dhp318 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
if u read it right, the guy i quoted thought willis was a rookie this season
Quote:
the best draft pick sf had this season up to date has been a 6th rd pick. thats right...a 6th.
Um, try making your posts less vague please. You didn't specify from which season these draft picks were.
dhp318 is offline   Reply With Quote