Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-29-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks when you'd rather have a drunk than Barry Sims playing backup Tackle hahaha.. only on the Niners. lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Yeah stupid of you..

The fact of the matter is, at that point in time the best value at RT for us was.. TA DA! Marvel Smith. He has injuries, who doesn't? He's been looking excellent in camp thus far.
still think the same?
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

sims & boone MAY get by for the season. this is a understatement but a rt even in the late rounds would have been a smart move.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

Hopefully Sims and Boone get the job done for this season, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Sims has already had the chance to show what he has in the tank, and that is absolutely nothing.

Boone is really promising, and I even thought he was worth a 6th or 7th rounder, so to get him as an UDFA is great. This said, he is still at least one season away from being a passable right tackle, but I think we may have a keeper.

Overall this is the best the Niners line has looked is years. The starters have all been at least solid, and the backups have shown that they can run block. Whether they can pass protect is still a little up in the air.

I am so excited for this season! The defense looks a little better than last year and the offense has plenty of weapons. Gore, Coffee, Sheets, and Robinson in the backfield. Plus there is Morgan, Bruce, Hill, Ziegler, Jones, VD and that idiot named Crabtree catching passes.

Another guy I wouldn't sleep on this season is Brit Miller. He may be inexperienced on offense, but the man is a player. He's tough and he can hit, I hope he does really well.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
still think the same?
Of course, are we supposed to try and see the future every time we go after someone in FA? Like I said before, Smith was the BPA in FA at the position we needed. At least, he would have been a stop gap solution.

Quit trying to make me look dumb man it ain't workin' for ya

Old 08-29-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sims & boone MAY get by for the season. this is a understatement but a rt even in the late rounds would have been a smart move.
They should've gone after a late rd. pass rusher instead. they have no pass rush vs Dallas whatever. The 9ers are gambling with Balmer & it ain't happening

And theyre getting their asses handed to them on both sides of the los today.

WTF was that with KPIX losing the video signal? Dead air for 5 mins, thanx a lot.....

Romo looks like Roll Out Romo & Hill's a freaking statue back there.

Last edited by LizardState : 08-29-2009 at 09:29 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Shaun Hill is awful tonight.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Half-time notes,

- Shaun Hill is not looking good. I have seen a few receivers running wide open and he apparently hasn't.

- Our offensive line is weak against the blitz but seems fine when they match up one-on-one.

- If Arnaz Battle is not our #3 receiver I have lost faith in Jimmy Raye's decision making.

- Vernon Davis can only catch if the ball is right to him.

- The defense is solid on 1st and 2nd but too vanilla on 3rd down.

- We have no pass rush unless we blitz.

- Our secondary is not good enough to cover for long without a pass rush.

- Those last two combine to equal a bad defense

- Allen Rossum has looked bad this preseason and Andy Lee and Joe Nedney haven't looked much better.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Still had trouble rushing the passer
-Pass protection was below average (granted we had 2 backups playing)
-Shaun Hill was terrible
-Playcalling was conservative...in a meaningless preseason game

Don't want to read too much into it, but our first stringers looked like **** tonight. Most of them did, anyway.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in mind that the amount of game-planning for a preseason game is near slim and nil. When I was watching the Titans-Cowboys game, they were showing that the Titans, on defense, just matched their personnel to the formation they were defending against and that was about it. Rather that studying film and preparing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

Quote:
Of course, are we supposed to try and see the future every time we go after someone in FA? Like I said before, Smith was the BPA in FA at the position we needed. At least, he would have been a stop gap solution.

Quit trying to make me look dumb man it ain't workin' for ya
not my intentions @ all. you however jumped down my throat when i mentioned scotty should have drafted or gone younger.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 1st team OL did ok against league sack leader Ware, but whoever was blocking Anthony Spencer or the Dallas DEs deserves an ass-chewing today. Spencer had his way with them, flattened Hill on that sack. The backs picked up the blitz but the OL looked bewildered, I know there were 2 subs there, but when you've got an immobile starting QB in Hill & a #2 who's coming off shoulder surgery, damn.....
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super long game write-up time,

QB:
Shaun Hill - To say he looked anything but bad or worse would be generous. His passes were off target, he didn't see receivers running open, and he forced passes. The best thing I can say for him is at least he did not turn the ball over. Still, if he plays that poorly all season this team is not going anywhere. I would like to give the the benefit of the doubt, however, because he was not that good last preseason as well and the Cowboys pass rush was getting to him.

Nate Davis - Granted it was against 3rd and 4th stringers, Davis looked good. His passes were actually to the receivers and he showed off his arm strength with a couple of bullets. He still did not see some receivers running wide open across the middle on he final drive but he got the job done. He is definitely not going to be able to be placed on the PS now.

Damon Huard - Didn't look good or bad. Probably will be cut.

RB:
Frank Gore - He looked solid. He wasn't stuffed at the line or behind it at all even though he was hit at the line on both plays run out of the "Taser" formation. That swing pass on 3rd down towards the end of the first quarter looked like it could have gone for a big gain if the pass got there a little earlier and Gore has a chance to get a head of steam.

Glen Coffee - Coffee had a pretty good game again. He really has a lot of power for a relatively small guy. His vision is top-notch and he finds the hole and explodes through it. If Frank Gore goes down then I am not worried about Coffee starting. He whiffed on somebody, I didn't see who, on Jay Ratliff's sack but Ratliff had beat Rachal anyway so it would have been a sack still.

Kory Sheets - I gotta say that I was angry when we first let Thomas Clayton go but Sheets has looked fantastic so far. He runs with great power and has good elusiveness. He needs to work on waiting for the hole to develop instead of just running into the back of his offensive linemen, though that could be a product of poor back-up offensive line play. Either way, Sheets has still looked good for a rookie.

FB:

Bret Miller - I felt that I had to single him out because he has looked pretty good this preseason. He can actually catch the ball out of the backfield and threw a couple nice blocks. I hope we keep him around on the PS.

Moran Norris/Michael Robinson - I did not see anything special out of either of them. Robinson had a nice catch and run early on and looked fantastic on special teams coverage, though.

TE:

Vernon Davis/Delanie Walker/J.J. Finley/Bear Pascoe - I figured it would be a waste of space to give each one their own paragraph since none of them played particularly good. Davis dropped a high pass that I think he could have had early on, Walker got demolished while blocking twice that I saw, and I barely saw Pascoe in the game. Finley looked solid blocking when he was in.

WR:

Arnaz Battle - If he does not make this team I do not know ho I will react. Heck, if he is not the #3 receiver I will be mad. He is consistent, reliable, a good blocker, and just knows how to create just enough separation. Made a great catch on that two minute drill at the end of the first half.

Michael Spurlock - I am kind of pulling for him to make the team over Jason Hill or Dominique Zeigler now. He has good speed and was clutch on the final drive. Spurlock made the wrong read when he was in at QB in the "Taser", though. If he had kept the ball instead of handing it off it could have been a long game.

Isaac Bruce/Josh Morgan/Jason Hill/Dominique Zeigler - If any of them did something, I guess I missed it. Looking at the stats now I see Zeigler caught a pass but I guess I was taking a bathroom break or something. Hill and Zeigler are both probably as good as cut and I really hope Bruce and Morgan can step up their games because both have been somewhat disappointing this preseason.

OL:

Joe Staley - Definitely the strong point of the offensive line. He is the only one that can consistently pass protect well. Even when he was matched up one-on-one with DaMarcus Ware he more than held his own.

Tony Wragge - He looked better than he did last week but wasn't great by any means. Had some trouble picking up the blitz, as did the rest of the middle of the offensive line, but Wragge looked good when run blocking.

Eric Heitmann - Our second best offensive lineman is without a doubt Heitmann. I didn't see him getting pushed back at all is this game and he got good push in the run game.

Chilo Rachal - Got beat like a drum by Jay Ratliff for a sack deep in 49er territory. He seriously looked like he did not know what was happening when Ratliff just ran around him. Other than hat I didn't see anything that stood out.

Barry Sims - I didn't see him beat one-on-one in pass protection but when Cowboys brought Anthony Spencer on a stunt, Sims looked like he didn't know who to block so he blocked no one. He certainly did not look as good as Adam Snyder has looked in the preseason but he did not look terrible either.

Alex Boone/Joe Toledo/Jacob Bender - I saw all three of them get beat at least once. Bender looked solid run blocking.

Offense:

The playcalling and execution were both sub-par, especially for the first team. All the screens were very annoying and the rest of the playcalling was vanilla. The "Taser" is not going to fool anyone if we just hand it off every time we run it. The offensive line looked like they had trouble knowing what they were supposed to do when the Cowboys blitzed.

DL:

Justin Smith - He looked good again. He was usually pushing his man back into the backfield and I saw him apply pressure twice when he was double-teamed.

Aubrayo Franklin - Held the point of attack well. Nothing great out of him, though.

Isaac Sopoaga/Demetric Evans - Neither can rush the passer but both are solid against the run.

Kentwan Balmer - Looked good for the second preseason game in a row. He knocked down a pass again and also beat whoever was blocking him twice, that I saw, to forced a incomplete pass.

LB:

Patrick Willis - Willis looked great, if you can believe that. He was all over Jason Witten on his three catches and brought him down right when he caught the ball, an impressive feat since Witten is one of the best tight ends in the league.

Takeo Spikes - He got pressure a couple of times when he blitzed but whiffed on Romo once, it was still an incomplete pass. Got blocked out of the play by Witten on Barber's 12 yard run.

Parys Haralson - Haralson did sometimes get pressure but it was usually late pressure. Still, that is more than I can say for the rest of the defense last night. Haralson's blitz forced Romo's interception.

Manny Lawson - Lawson is still just trying to beat tackles with his strength and speed and that won't work. He tried to run by the Cowboys tackles and when they caught him he would just try to push them back into Romo. Don't get me wrong, he was succeeding at pushing them back but that isn't enough.

Marques Harris/Jeff Ulbrich - Harris was putting some pressure off the edge once again, he looks like he could be a good situational pass rusher ala Roderick Green. Ulbrich is still the solid inside linebacker that won't make big plays but also won't make any big mistakes.

Ahmad Brooks/Diyral Briggs - I am sorry to say, after they were exploding of the edge last week, that I did not see anything from either of them. I also did not see Scott McKillop much.

DB:

Nate Clements - Two sub-par preseason games in a row has me kind of worried. He was playing too far off of receivers, either by design or by his choice I don't know, and allowing them to catch short to intermediate passes. He looked fantastic against the run, though.

Dre Bly - Bly looked a lot like Clements. He gave up a couple of mid-range passes but made a couple of nice plays against the run. He should have had an interception but dropped it.

Mark Roman - I have to say that, outside of Kevin Ogletree's 21 yard catch across the middle when Roman did not read the route correctly, Roman played well. He read Romo's eyes perfectly on his interception and had a nice return. Roman also made a few good tackles, including a shoestring one that saved a Felix Jones 90 yard TD run.

Dashon Goldson - Threw a couple of big hits and did not make any big mistakes that I saw. We should have better free safety play this season than we did last.

Tarell Brown - He looked like our best corner last night. Brown was blanketing whoever he was covering and proved that he isn't afraid to contribute down by the LoS.

Eric Green - Punched the ball out deep in Cowboy territory and looked good in coverage. He will probably make the team.

Reggie Smith/Carlos Thomas - Out of the 3rd and 4th stringers, Smith and Thomas stood out to me. Smith is looking much better than last preseason and wasn't caught out of position once and Thomas has looked good all preseason. I hope Thomas at least makes the PS.

Marcus Hudson/Shawntae Spencer/Terrail Lambert/Curtis Taylor - I didn't see anything, good or bad, out of any of them.

Defense:

The defense was, once again, far too conservative. On every third down it seemed like we were okay with bringing three and playing a very soft zone. Romo, consequently, had all day to throw and eventually found someone open almost every time. We need to blitz more often and more effectively.

K:

Joe Nedney - He had two good kickoffs and one bad one.

Andy Lee - Looked downright awful. Two of his punts were line drives and, of course, the Cowboys had great returns on them.

Allen Rossum - I hope he picks up his game when the regular season starts because the return game has been disappointing.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 08-30-2009 at 02:25 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

Uhh, I had my hopes up last night but I was disappointed. Still no pass rush and I'm pretty sure I could call a better offensive and defensive game plan than last night. Sigh, maybe things will change when the regular season starts. Plus, if all else fails, we still have P Willie.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by will99890 View Post
Uhh, I had my hopes up last night but I was disappointed. Still no pass rush and I'm pretty sure I could call a better offensive and defensive game plan than last night. Sigh, maybe things will change when the regular season starts. Plus, if all else fails, we still have P Willie.
Our pass rushing is just vanilla. Basically, very little blitzing, all we're doing is lining up our defense against the offensive line and seeing if they can win one on one battles. Now is the perfect time to do that and see what they can do, rather than testing it out when the games actually start.

Other than Justin Smith, i don't trust anyone to beat their man one on one. We're going to need to manufacture some sacks through creative blitzes this year.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Other than Justin Smith, i don't trust anyone to beat their man one on one. We're going to need to manufacture some sacks through creative blitzes this year.
I trust Manusky but watching our offense this preseason has been downright boring. I feel like I've seen better play calling in a video game.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
not my intentions @ all. you however jumped down my throat when i mentioned scotty should have drafted or gone younger.
No, I jumped down your throat when you implied(and continue to imply) that we're making bad moves AFTER something happens. Brandon Jones gets hurt.. You say it was a bad move to sign him. Marvel Smith ponders retirement after a back surgery.. It was a bad move to sign him. It's like you think Scotty Mac has to look into some crystal ball before he makes a move.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, I jumped down your throat when you implied(and continue to imply) that we're making bad moves AFTER something happens. Brandon Jones gets hurt.. You say it was a bad move to sign him. Marvel Smith ponders retirement after a back surgery.. It was a bad move to sign him. It's like you think Scotty Mac has to look into some crystal ball before he makes a move.
To be fair, it wasn't the smartest idea to replace an injury prone OT with another injury prone OT.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I trust Manusky but watching our offense this preseason has been downright boring. I feel like I've seen better play calling in a video game.
I agree, but it's what we have to do to survive on offense this year. Our QB play isn't very good. I expect us to lead the league in rushing attempts because we have great depth there.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my opinion on a few things -

1) Signing an injury prone OT in Marvel Smith to replace an injury prone overpaid OT in Jonas Jennings was a bad move period but as long as signing him doesnt hurt us cap wise, then, I think we can all live with that.

2) WR Brandon Jones wasnt a good signing because of the money he received and the length of the contract. Correct me if im wrong but isnt he getting paid $5m or so per year for the next five years? If so, thats just not a smart move considering that Jones was most likely going to be the third WR at best. Just seems like a waste of money to me even though I will say that I was looking forward to seeing him play before he got injured but checking out the website I use for rosters, he's listed as Active which means that he'll be back at some point.

3) Watching the highlights from last nights win over DAL, we still have NO PASS RUSH whatsoever. We've talked about this so much that at this point in time, its just sad.

4) Kory Sheets will be a steal considering that he'll be our 3rd RB.

5) Nate Davis looked real good and quite honestly, im hoping that he'll be our 3rd stringer and release Huard next week.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
im hoping that he'll be our 3rd stringer and release Huard next week.
I think they'll drop Huard too but I would HATE to see them risk losing Nate by hoping he'll clear the waiver wire.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I think they'll drop Huard too but I would HATE to see them risk losing Nate by hoping he'll clear the waiver wire.
Thats why I wouldnt risk it. After all, they drafted him despite his learning disability (or whatever it is) so they must have seen something that they like or they wouldnt have drafted him. He's been pretty impressive during the pre-season and while I know that it hasnt been against the first team defense, he's been impressive nonetheless besides Huard is a veteran and has a better chance of hanging around as a free agent after being released compared to Davis. Besides, even if Davis gets released and gets signed to our practice squad, he can still be signed off of it and onto some other team's active roster. Quite honestly, I wouldnt risk it.

We dont need Huard anyway because if you think about it, Hill is our veteran and starter. Whats the point in having another? Smith can be the backup with Davis being our third stringer.

49ers already released a few players yesterday but no one of importance to reach the Tuesday limit of 75. Every team has to be down to 53 players effective this coming Saturday as far as I know.

And if Crabtree doesnt sign before final cuts, I would tell him to stay home and enjoy the next six months rotting away.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Even though there's one more pre-season game left, here's my final 53 player roster -

QB / 3 - Hill, Smith, Davis
RB / 6 - Gore, Coffee, Sheets
FB / 8 - Norris, Robinson
WR / 14 - Morgan, Bruce, Battle, Hill, Zeigler, Jones
TE / 17 - Davis, Walker, Pascoe
C / 19 - Heitmann, Wallace
OG / 22 - Rachal, Baas, Wragge
OT / 25 - Staley, Snyder, Boone

DT / 28 - Franklin, Sopoaga, Jean-Francois
DE / 32 - Smith, McDonald, Balmer, Evans
OLB / 36 - Lawson, Haralson, Harris, Brooks
ILB / 40 - Willis, Spikes, Ulbrich, McKillop
CB / 46 - Clements, Bly, Brown, Spencer, Green, Rossum
SS / 48 - Lewis, Smith
FS / 50 - Goldson, Taylor

K / 51 - Nedney
P / 52 - Lee
LS / 53 - Jennings

Yeah, im hoping that Roman gets released and getting an INT in a pre-season game doesnt impress me at all. As for Craptree, if he doesnt sign before Saturday, I tell him to enjoy his six month vacation. If he does sign before Saturday, I would most likely release Zeigler or place Jones on IR if his injury will keep him out for a while.

Seeing as how Jones is listed as "active", is he even injured or is he healthy again?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

They would keep Roman over Taylor, at this point.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Taylor's potential, but he's still very raw. He has practice squad written all over him. He was a 7th Rounder and safety is an easier position to fill than, say, QB. That's why he'll end up there over a guy like Nate Davis, who is a more high profile player at this point, in a higher profile position, and was a higher draft pick.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote