Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-06-2009, 05:28 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i say get rid of Roman and bring back Sheets!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
i say get rid of Roman and bring back Sheets!
I don't know. Roman has looked a lot better this preseason and should make a good nickelback. I want Sheets back as well but I would rather get rid of Curtis Taylor or Michael Spurlock.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
49ers cuts:

T Jacob Bender
T Alex Boone
WR Dobson Collins
DE Pannel Egboh
TE Joe Jon Finley
CB Eric Green
G Kyle Howard
CB Terrail Lambert
FB Brit Miller
DT Khalif Mitchell
LB Jay Moore
TE Bear Pascoe
WR Maurice Price
FB Bill Rentmeester
LB Justin Roland
RB Kory Sheets
G/C Matt Spanos
T Joe Toledo
LB Mark Washington
WR Dominique Zeigler

Reasons why I am a sad panda are in bold.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Reasons why I am a sad panda are in bold.
right there w/you bud. i'm boggled by this.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, as usual, im pissed off.

Who the **** is OLB Diyrall Briggs and how the **** did he make the final roster over Sheets and/or Pascoe???

Also, why the hell did we keep Spurlock and Rossum??? That doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

I like Singletary and everything but im not happy with him right now especially after how well Sheets has played in the pre-season. And I'll be shocked as hell if he's still hanging around long enough to be signed to the Practice Squad.

UGH.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note - the Chiefs released safety Bernard Pollard. Would he wbe worth signing to replace Roman?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Okay, as usual, im pissed off.

Who the **** is OLB Diyrall Briggs and how the **** did he make the final roster over Sheets and/or Pascoe???
Diyral Briggs is an UDFA OLB. He's had a solid preseason rushing the passer and received praise from guys like Patrick Willis and Takeo Spikes. He's also playing a position we're pathetically weak at. They may not have placed him on the practice squad because they feared someone may snatch him up.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On a side note - the Chiefs released safety Bernard Pollard. Would he wbe worth signing to replace Roman?
I'd take him, but he might want to start. And I'm comfortable with our starters and Reggie Smith right now.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Diyral Briggs is an UDFA OLB. He's had a solid preseason rushing the passer and received praise from guys like Patrick Willis and Takeo Spikes. He's also playing a position we're pathetically weak at. They may not have placed him on the practice squad because they feared someone may snatch him up.
Briggs came out of nowhere (Bowling Green) & wowed them at camp. Yeah they need depth at ILB if they're running a rotation there, but there's this general feeling that he took Bear Pascoe's or Cory Sheets' roster spot.

I guess they went with Delanie Walker's versatility & outstanding ST play over Pascoe at the backup TE spot, I don't know of anything Pascoe did in preseason to hurt himself. And cutting Sheets is just freaking mindboggling, yeah Coffee was the preseason star but he's not an every down back -- they can't expect him to carry the whole running game if Gore goes down. Isn't this how the Nolan regime got their asses in a crack with DeShaun Foster a yr ago?

I know he's still unsigned but Crabtree may be creating a ripple in the 53-man roster as they will have to cut someone to make room for him when/if they sign him. Can they move a player to the PS, is that legal? It seems that Crabtree is still a factor in their decision-making & at this point his holdout is actually hurting the team.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Briggs 100% earned his roster spot and don't be surprised if he becomes a fan favorite if he gets PT. Those of you who don't know who he is haven't been following training camp very closely nor have you watched the preseason games. He's shown a PASS RUSHING ability, something the Niners DESPERATELY need as we all know. Root for this guy. It's not his fault Sheets didn't make the 53.

I (like many on here) am a fan of Pascoe. He's played slow, hasn't been very productive, hasn't blocked very well (the main role that he was drafted to play) and has had a very difficult time picking up the speed of the pro game. I think that he'll end up on the roster at some point, but he needs more work, and didn't earn his spot. He got outplayed by JJ Finley.

I think having 10 DBs (including 5 safeties) is too much. They need to let somebody go, and I would have thought Taylor had he not had such a good showing against the Chargers. He was laying huge hits down with regularity and Sing likes the fact that he's become more physical since training camp started. Maybe with his good preseason, Roman can become trade bait? I doubt it.

Niners next step is getting an OT that can back up both positions (reason why Sims made the roster over Boone, who only plays RT) and letting go of Sims. They'll make some moves with personnel this week before gameday, so let's see what happens.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
Okay but is he worth keeping over Sheets?
Old 09-06-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState
I know he's still unsigned but Crabtree may be creating a ripple in the 53-man roster as they will have to cut someone to make room for him when/if they sign him. Can they move a player to the PS, is that legal? It seems that Crabtree is still a factor in their decision-making & at this point his holdout is actually hurting the team.
Deion Sanders (who has the same agent Eugene Parker) said that two teams were interested in trading for the rights to Crabtree but that the 49ers refused. What SF better be doing is having the league investigate and file tampering chargers because we were screwed with the Bears and Briggs. It's time something goes our way. SF needs to go the league and get Deion to give up who the two teams are that were interested in trading for Crabtree so the 49ers can go ahead and file tampering charges.

As for moving a player to the PS, that cant be done. You would have to release the player, hope he clears waivers and then sign him to the PS. You can however sign a player from your own (or another team's) PS to your active roster but would have to have a spot open for him which means that someone would get released or traded for a draft pick.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman
Briggs 100% earned his roster spot and don't be surprised if he becomes a fan favorite if he gets PT. Those of you who don't know who he is haven't been following training camp very closely nor have you watched the preseason games. He's shown a PASS RUSHING ability, something the Niners DESPERATELY need as we all know. Root for this guy. It's not his fault Sheets didn't make the 53.

I (like many on here) am a fan of Pascoe. He's played slow, hasn't been very productive, hasn't blocked very well (the main role that he was drafted to play) and has had a very difficult time picking up the speed of the pro game. I think that he'll end up on the roster at some point, but he needs more work, and didn't earn his spot. He got outplayed by JJ Finley.

I think having 10 DBs (including 5 safeties) is too much. They need to let somebody go, and I would have thought Taylor had he not had such a good showing against the Chargers. He was laying huge hits down with regularity and Sing likes the fact that he's become more physical since training camp started. Maybe with his good preseason, Roman can become trade bait? I doubt it.

Niners next step is getting an OT that can back up both positions (reason why Sims made the roster over Boone, who only plays RT) and letting go of Sims. They'll make some moves with personnel this week before gameday, so let's see what happens.
I havent really followed training camp or the pre-season except for the highlights that I have seen on NFL.com.

You say that Briggs has shown pass rushing ability during the pre-season so basically, he made he roster by getting past the second and third team offensive unit or did he do good against the starting offense that we were facing?

If Pascoe wasnt doing good in regards to why we drafted him (to replace Bajema), then, I dont have a problem with not keeping him.

I would have preferred keeping Green over Roman but thats just me. And yes, I hate that guy.

As for OT, unless someone who can play both positions is available, I dont think we'll be signing anyone barring injures. I'm happy that Snyder is the starting RT. I was hoping that it would be him and I got my wish. (Too bad my other wishes dont come true, oh well)
Old 09-06-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I havent really followed training camp or the pre-season except for the highlights that I have seen on NFL.com.
Nuff said. You need to watch the games so you can make educated comments with proper analysis.

If you watched Briggs, you wouldn't complain. He's done the best he could given the opportunities. He's played well on special teams too and made a lot of plays that don't necessarily show up in the "stat" categories, but help the team win. He BLEW UP O-Linemen on more than a couple occasions, something that nobody other than Justin Smith has done much of in the preseason.

Green looked lost the other night, got juked horribly a couple times and missed some tackles as well. He would have had a chance at a roster spot over Hudson had he been in camp longer.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 09-06-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Jon Finley is he related to Packers Finley?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
agubie
Rookie

agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.

Sheets & Boone are on the practice squad.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...-start-bu.html
agubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Practice Squad set:

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...scoe.html#more

Niners go with Finley over Pascoe, keep Sheets & Boone, among others.

Also says they are one of a number of teams going after Tony Pashos...I like it!

Old 09-06-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Deion Sanders (who has the same agent Eugene Parker) said that two teams were interested in trading for the rights to Crabtree but that the 49ers refused. What SF better be doing is having the league investigate and file tampering chargers because we were screwed with the Bears and Briggs. It's time something goes our way. SF needs to go the league and get Deion to give up who the two teams are that were interested in trading for Crabtree so the 49ers can go ahead and file tampering charges.
That raises some questions. Maybe negotiations have taken place between the 9ers & either/both of those teams, tampering is sometimes a 2-way street. The team has shown by every press release & action they're hopeful of signing him but it's simple risk mitigation here for the 9ers FO to have a Plan B.

And who are those 2 teams? Giants obviously need receivers, already went with youth there by dumping Toomer & Tyree. Maybe Parcells & the Fins, he loves to tamper, he's a professional.

I expected Brit Miller to be on roster, not the PS. What's the story with Ziegler on it too, how many receivers are they keeping ?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I surprised they let go Pascoe.. I also expected Miller and Rentmeester to make the squad. Hmmm.. Roster cuts suck!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pathos is not going to be the answer at right tackle but I think he would be an upgrade over Snyder, if he can cut down on the penalties.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Okay but is he worth keeping over Sheets?
A pass rusher is more valuable than Sheets.

Sheets made it to the practice squad anyways.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Practice Squad set:

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...scoe.html#more

Niners go with Finley over Pascoe, keep Sheets & Boone, among others.

Also says they are one of a number of teams going after Tony Pashos...I like it!
7 players are on the practice squad.

If they sign Pashos i'm guessing they bump a bubble player onto the PS.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Joe Jon Finley is he related to Packers Finley?

One is black, the other is white. I'm gonna go with 'no' on that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
A pass rusher is more valuable than Sheets.

Sheets made it to the practice squad anyways.
Agree plus with Brooks being hurt there wasn't any depth behind ManLaw and Parys. I wonder who SF cuts for Pashos? I hope it is Spurlock and not Jason Hill. Also I wish they flushed Sims and Roman off the roster.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman
Nuff said. You need to watch the games so you can make educated comments with proper analysis.

If you watched Briggs, you wouldn't complain. He's done the best he could given the opportunities. He's played well on special teams too and made a lot of plays that don't necessarily show up in the "stat" categories, but help the team win. He BLEW UP O-Linemen on more than a couple occasions, something that nobody other than Justin Smith has done much of in the preseason.

Green looked lost the other night, got juked horribly a couple times and missed some tackles as well. He would have had a chance at a roster spot over Hudson had he been in camp longer.
Wanting to watch the games and actually having the time or being able to (since I live in NY) are two different things. Sorry, I dont live in CA and get the games.

I'll take your word that Briggs is a good pass rusher but lets just hope he does in the season what he did in the pre-season.