Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-07-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
A pass rusher is more valuable than Sheets.

Sheets made it to the practice squad anyways.
True on the first part but you and others seem like just because Sheets made it to the practice squad that he's "safe". He isnt. All it takes is for one team who may want to add a RB to their active roster to sign Sheets and take him from us.

While the pass rusher may be more valuable than another RB, if I was going to release a RB, it would have been Robinson, not Sheets.

I just hope that no one takes him off our PS because that would suck.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, Briggs is probably a better passrusher than Manny Lawson. Honestly, Manny is probably the biggest disappointment for me this preseason. I was really hoping he'd show some improvement. He just looks like the same old Manny. He really hasn't improved his passrush at all since he entered the league. His lack of passrush skill is disturbing. He just tries to speed rush which never works for him and if an OL gets his hands on him, it's over. And backs and TEs usually get leverage on him and take him out of the play.

And what really bothers me is he doesn't seem to have that drive that you want from a 3-4 OLB. Watch guys like Lamar Woodley or Joey Porter play the position. They look so strong and physical and play with such tenacity. They refuse to get beat. Manny just takes one hit and gives up on the play.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:30 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least he is still great in coverage and good against the run. I really think we should run a 4-3 because he would be a great 4-3 OLB.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
At least he is still great in coverage and good against the run. I really think we should run a 4-3 because he would be a great 4-3 OLB.
The 3-4 is great in terms of it's ability to make things hard on the opposition's o-line, but we dont have enough talent rushing the passer for it to work. Haralson is good as a #2 rusher but without any sort of guy who, like Borat said, refuses to get beat, we'll continue to sit there hoping that someone like Haralson, Justin Smith or even McDonald, can get some pressure from their spots.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter says the 49ers have signed Tony Pashos to a one year deal:
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
Quote:
Just reported to ESPN that OT Tony Pashos has reached agreement with 49ers on a one-year deal.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Adam Schefter says the 49ers have signed Tony Pashos to a one year deal:
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
Some good news for a change, they have their 0-line swingman who can back up both everybody except Heitmann, eases the way for Wallace to move into his spot if the injuries hit their o-line as they always seem to do.

Who will they move to the PS? Wait for Sheets to sign with one of the other 31 teams, he won't clear waivers more than once. He & Brit Miller are the guys they will need most in the offense for depth.

As time passes it becomes crucial to sign Crabtree. Like I said, he may well have passed the tipping point of being useful to the team in 09 vs. actually hurting the team with his holdout now that the 53-man roster has been established.

So now's the time to start the speculation on this thread on what they should get for Crabtree. I'm thinking a 1st in 2010 & a player (preferably a passrusher) at least. If it's another NFC West team of course that price goes up.

And now's the time when the name of Bellichick will inevitably enter the discussion as it always does when there are tampering allegations. With his used car salesman's approach to trades he will take the 9ers offer & transform it into a 3rd in 2011 & no player; even if he has to give up the NE 1st choice in 2011 he can hold the Raiders 1st pick from the Seymour trade & be guaranteed an impact rookie -- the Raiders are pretty much a lock to draft in the top 5 in any yr. as long as Al Davis is above ground & breathing. Yeah he has Randy Moss but he's aging.

Maybe give Minnesota a call, where things like player value are meaningless. They seem to be unreasonable & willing to give away the store to grab big names & throw millions at them: they gave up 16 players to Dallas in the early 90s for Hershel Walker that helped Dallas to 3 SB wins, & they signed soon to be 40-yr-old Favre coming off shoulder surgery this yr. after his dismal performance last yr. With the Vikes, there's one born every minute.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Wanting to watch the games and actually having the time or being able to (since I live in NY) are two different things. Sorry, I dont live in CA and get the games.

I'll take your word that Briggs is a good pass rusher but lets just hope he does in the season what he did in the pre-season.
Hey dan, I live in AZ and don't get any LOCAL feeds from Cali. I have to pay for Sunday Ticket to watch the Niners. And I've had to watch all the pre-season games (except for one) on delay when they were re-played on NFL Network. If you're a true fan, you prioritize, you don't make excuses (like not having time).

Being a Niner fan is a passion, not a job.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore would be a good team to call for if the Niners were looking to trade Crabtree's rights down the road. Or even the Cowboys, since that's "his" team and Deion's team as well. They can all hang out there in "Big D" together and choke in the playoffs with Romo for the next few years.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 09-07-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat
At this point, Briggs is probably a better passrusher than Manny Lawson. Honestly, Manny is probably the biggest disappointment for me this preseason. I was really hoping he'd show some improvement. He just looks like the same old Manny. He really hasn't improved his passrush at all since he entered the league. His lack of passrush skill is disturbing. He just tries to speed rush which never works for him and if an OL gets his hands on him, it's over. And backs and TEs usually get leverage on him and take him out of the play.

And what really bothers me is he doesn't seem to have that drive that you want from a 3-4 OLB. Watch guys like Lamar Woodley or Joey Porter play the position. They look so strong and physical and play with such tenacity. They refuse to get beat. Manny just takes one hit and gives up on the play.
Well, that sucks seeing how Lawson is one of my favorite 49ers but we still have to wait and see what happens during the season. After all, he should finally be 100% healthy and its about how Manusky uses him.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman
Hey dan, I live in AZ and don't get any LOCAL feeds from Cali. I have to pay for Sunday Ticket to watch the Niners. And I've had to watch all the pre-season games (except for one) on delay when they were re-played on NFL Network. If you're a true fan, you prioritize, you don't make excuses (like not having time).

Being a Niner fan is a passion, not a job.
I wanted Direct TV for NFL Sunday Ticket but cant because the apartment building I live in is wired for Cablevision (which I hate) and putting a satellite on the roof isnt permitted especially since the majority of the building is co-ops.

But trust me, I have tried to get DTV but it didnt work out to well.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

We'll never be able to run the 3-4 100% because we dont have a dominant NT. It's a shame that Raji was taken by GB at 9 and we get stuck with a jackass and his asshole agent at 10. Packers switch to the 3-4 with Capers and get who should be their franchise NT in Raji. We've been trying since 2005 to get a dominant NT and still havent done so. How sad is that???
Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

When the 2010 league year starts and we're able to trade Crabtree, NO team is going to give up a first rounder, a player and the contract that he wants not to mention the fact that he would be a year older, and extremely rusty and probably not in the shape and conditioning that he should be in.

Personally, at this point, I would let him sit out for the season and trade him to any team (except a division rival) for whatever I can get.

Morgan FTW!!!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

That Seymour to OAK trade isnt official yet because Seymour hasnt showed up to take his physical. He has to pass that in order for the trade to become official. Rumor has it that Seymour isnt going to OAK and will wait until the trade gets revoked and he goes back to NE. I'm then guessing that he'll try to get released or traded to a team thats a playoff contender.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
agubie
Rookie

agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.

Briggs released to make room for Paschos. hopefully he'll be on the PS.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...-signed-b.html
agubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
True on the first part but you and others seem like just because Sheets made it to the practice squad that he's "safe". He isnt. All it takes is for one team who may want to add a RB to their active roster to sign Sheets and take him from us.

While the pass rusher may be more valuable than another RB, if I was going to release a RB, it would have been Robinson, not Sheets.

I just hope that no one takes him off our PS because that would suck.
We'd probably get word if someone wanted to claim him. I think something similar with Damane Duckett happened in 07 and we put him on the roster before someone plucked him off the PS.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
We'd probably get word if someone wanted to claim him. I think something similar with Damane Duckett happened in 07 and we put him on the roster before someone plucked him off the PS.
that is what happened with Clayton last year, they caught wind that the Eagles wanted him, so they brought him up.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agubie View Post
Briggs released to make room for Paschos. hopefully he'll be on the PS.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...-signed-b.html
******* stupid move. Why keep Barry Sims if you're signing Pashos? Makes no sense. And now we have to waive a young OLB that showed a ton of promise in the preseason and yet we have 10 DBs (including Roman) and we still have Sims. WTF is going on?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The front office really makes it hard to be a niner fan.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
******* stupid move. Why keep Barry Sims if you're signing Pashos? Makes no sense. And now we have to waive a young OLB that showed a ton of promise in the preseason and yet we have 10 DBs (including Roman) and we still have Sims. WTF is going on?
they felt good about no one trying to pick up Sheets, so I imagine if they feel the same about Briggs, they are probably right.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
they felt good about no one trying to pick up Sheets, so I imagine if they feel the same about Briggs, they are probably right.
The Pashos signing makes Sims expendable. Adding better depth in one area should allow them to keep Briggs.

The only somewhat (logical) reasoning I can think of is that this a 'temporary' move, in which they are letting Pashos get acclimated to the team/system before cutting Sims.

The Niners should ditch one of the 10 DBs and Sims and bring back Briggs and Sheets. It's a no brainer....

Old 09-08-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Spencer wins starting CB job over Bly and Brown.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...rting-job.html

This come as a surprise, and I just don't see it lasting. Maybe Sing felt he would be the best to go against the Cards specifically.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
bring back Briggs and Sheets
why would the bring back Sheets? Coffee isnt going to see that many carries, I doubt Sheets would even see more than 2 a game. They'll bring him up if they think a team is going to take him. I believe that teams know when another team is interested in one of their P-squad guys.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
why would the bring back Sheets? Coffee isnt going to see that many carries, I doubt Sheets would even see more than 2 a game. They'll bring him up if they think a team is going to take him. I believe that teams know when another team is interested in one of their P-squad guys.
I think Sheets is a good change of pace guy with his speed, he has value in the return game with his shifty moves, and is a potential home run threat that the Niners are craving. I think he's a good compliment to the other backs on the roster, with them making him stronger and vice versa. Gore, Coffee and Robinson are all going to pound. It would be nice to have a speed guy that could come in later in games and take advantage of tired defenses.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

The roster spot he would take up isn't worth the value (right now) he would provide on the field.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I'd take Briggs over him right now, but I'd like to see Sheets back in the rotation/active roster at some point in the season, especially if the other backs show signs of wearing down.