Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-12-2009, 07:05 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Staley has been good. He gave up one sack, to an elite pass rusher, but pretty much dominated him other than that.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-12-2009 at 10:56 AM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I reiterate, this offense can't play catchup. Clements one missed tackle & the receiver (Roddy White?) runs like 75 yds. & the whole gameplan is in the crapper. There were many other plays directly affecting the outcome butthat one hangs in memory, **** happens.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Crabs on the sidelines with Nate Davis and Alex Smith. I know they said he's friends with Nate but I wonder what the conversation with Alex was haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen Rossum released

http://twitter.com/MBachCSN/status/4815530904

Update: released to make room for Crabtree

Quote:
Allen Rossum is released to make 49ers roster space for Crabtree. Class guy says there are no hard feelings.
http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco/status/4815586534

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 10-12-2009 at 02:47 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Maiocco's Blog:

"Crabtree will remain in the Bay Area, and continue to learn the offense while his teammates will be allowed to leave Wednesday afternoon for the bye week. Said Singletary, 'He's already had his bye week.'"

Between this, Crabs name being taped on his helmet so he can earn his logo, and the fact that he told the rest of the team that Crabtree was part of the family, Sing has showed leadership and has handled a potentially ugly situation with Crabtree very well IMO.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they handled the entire Crabtree situation perfectly. They were fair from the beginning, willing to pay him up to $1 less than Raji. Then when Crabs was holding out for more, they didn't get nasty or say anything damaging. They just stood firm and kept saying they were ready to welcome Crabs when he was ready to sign. They offered to meet with him and just kept putting the ball into Michael's court. And now, after the signing, they've brought him along a little slowly so he can get adjusted while still having him "earn" his way onto the team.

Just a perfect job handling a tough situation.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
From Maiocco's Blog:

"Crabtree will remain in the Bay Area, and continue to learn the offense while his teammates will be allowed to leave Wednesday afternoon for the bye week. Said Singletary, 'He's already had his bye week.'"

Between this, Crabs name being taped on his helmet so he can earn his logo, and the fact that he told the rest of the team that Crabtree was part of the family, Sing has showed leadership and has handled a potentially ugly situation with Crabtree very well IMO.
This is why I friggin love Mike Singletary, what a great approach, who cares if he's your #1 pick, he's a rook like the other rooks and hasn't proven anything, $$$ doesn't mean anything to him, best players will play and EVERY player will work their butts off to make the 9ers a really great team in the not so distant future.

Your interior offensive line looked confused a lot in this game, and made a mediocre Falcon DT rotation look like a pretty good one. I know it's nearly impossible to play catchup in the NFL because offense becomes so predictable, but I hope you guys can get some interior offensive lineman and help out whoever your QB is, no one had a chance behind that line yesterday.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kory Sheets signed by the Dolphins to their 53 man roster

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...ice-squad.html

I thought he could have been a speed back we desperately needed...alas, i guess it wasn't to be.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

I thought he could have been a speed back we desperately needed...alas, i guess it wasn't to be.
MOTHER ****ER!

(long, hopeless sigh)

Old 10-13-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dolphins fan here. Whats your all's thoughts on Sheets?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Dolphins fan here. Whats your all's thoughts on Sheets?
Should be on our 53 man roster not yours. Sing said he wasn't developed enough in pass protection to earn him that spot. Should be a burner for you guys.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Rossum picked up by the Cowgirls:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

That didn't take long. Hope this was the right move as Rossum's replacements (Battle, Walker & M-Rob ) haven't looked extremely sharp in the two games that Rossum was deactivated.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Son of a *****!!!!! See, I told you guys that as soon as a RB went down, he was going to be signed by that team. Robinson sucks, Coffee has been average at best and Gore is coming back from an injury.

Awesome.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or is Chilo Rachel playing pretty bad this season. I saw a sound clip of Singletary talking to Rachel telling him that everyone is working their butts off and he isnt and he asked Chilo whether he wants to be great or something like that. That tells me that Sing thinks Chilo could be really good he just hasn't been playing up to that level yet. Hopefully he can pick it up
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Slow clap for the 49ers coaching staff keeping Michael Spurlock over Kory Sheets, smh.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per Takeo's twitter:

"Just had a good conversation about Vegas [and] now guess where [the] detour is [going to] be? YES SIR... Vegas!"

I did some minor editing haha. Honestly, I am so glad we have dudes on our team that reading this doesnt even bother me. I would be shocked if someone like Takeo was a dumbass.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers, one of six teams, that have interest in trading for Josh Cribbs.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/15/six-...de-for-cribbs/

Would love to have Cribbs on the 49ers, at the right price. He is the best return specialist in the league.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
49ers, one of six teams, that have interest in trading for Josh Cribbs.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/15/six-...de-for-cribbs/

Would love to have Cribbs on the 49ers, at the right price. He is the best return specialist in the league.
When I heard this report with 6 teams I assumed the Niners would be in the mix, but probably wouldn't be the highest bidder. If they do trade for him, they'll have to pay him a decent chunk just to be a return specialist, as he's not that gerat of a receiver IMO. Maybe a guy for the slot.

If he does end up a Niner, hopefully it's the end of Spurlock! ;) But with some of the questionable moves made lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up on Jason Hill, which I would NOT be a fan of. Maybe the Browns would take Hill and a low round pick for Cribbs.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...he-airwaves-22

In an interview with Coach Sing, the topic of the Offensive line came up. Singletary said that there would be a change made during the bye on the offensive line, he was then pressed if the change would happen at the RG position and he replied "most likely".

I don't know if any of you had heard this but I think it confirms what some of us expected.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...he-airwaves-22

In an interview with Coach Sing, the topic of the Offensive line came up. Singletary said that there would be a change made during the bye on the offensive line, he was then pressed if the change would happen at the RG position and he replied "most likely".

I don't know if any of you had heard this but I think it confirms what some of us expected.
Cody Wallace time?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Cody Wallace time?
I think it'll be Wragge but I'd be interested in how Cody's progressed. He's been deactivated almost every game he's been on the team, so I doubt he jumps straight to starter.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Cody is a back up at center and still not that great at guard. He's one of those cerebral lineman, like Heitmann. Wragge is undoubtly going to be the guard to take Chilo's spot. Sophomore slump for Chilo?

Old 10-17-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Sophomore slump for Chilo?
Maybe, but you also have to consider the Coach Singletary has no problem benching someone for a game if he thinks it will have an impact on the team morale for the better. Bench a person who has been having a bit of a hard time and watch everyone play a little harder because the figure if the don't, they may be next.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I think that Chilo is very young, and has the desire and skill, but needs to catch up on the mental part of the game before he can become dominant. I'd like to know more about his study habits; he looks more unprepared mentally than he looks unskilled. I think he has the tools to be great, but makes mental mistakes where he just gets beat like an old rug.

Are there any potential FA guards that we can lock in next year to help cement the line (assuming we use a high draft pick on an OT)?

Old 10-17-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post

Are there any potential FA guards that we can lock in next year to help cement the line (assuming we use a high draft pick on an OT)?
Daryn Colledge from Green Bay is going to be a FA, but I doubt the Packers let him get away.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote