Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-09-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
See, I look at those games and I see games in which we definitely had the talent to win; for some reason in most of those games we played a half of football in a style that was detrimental to our success, or close to a half. Vs. Minn. we became satisfied with going 3 and out for some reason in the 2nd half. Vs. Houston we played the whole first half trying to run the I-form and failing miserably running it up the gut. Vs. Indy we played the 2nd half SUPER conservative and scared even though we had a lead; we seemed content to hold on to what, a 4 point lead? Green Bay was the freaking worst, what kind of strategy was that in the first half? That's not pro football gameplanning man. This is all strategy IMO, we have the talent, these games should be won earlier and not by placing our young players in such high pressure situations...that is no way to win.
Games that we definitely could have and should have won, considering the way they were progressing. With that said:

1. Minnesota: I get what you're saying, but you can't really believe that our coaching staff was satisfied with going 3 and out. I mean, that's one of the best front 7's in football. Our offensive line was out gunned from the word go. Shaun Hill, god love him, is not a gun slinger. Conservative was really our only approach. I believe that. As far as defensively. I'll take Willis vs. AP any day of the week. But Rice, Harvin, Shiancoe. I believe we were outgunned there. And as you'll see, and i'm sure you already know, the secondary is a reocurring theme.

2. The Houston game is a game that I will give you. I still think talent wise, we are at a huge disadvantage secondary vs. their skilled positions. Not to mention, that was still a game where Hill was the starter. No doubt though, it should have been closer than 21-0 or whatever at halftime. That punt really did kill us.

3. Indy: I wouldn't have played that game any different. Obviously, a win is nice no doubt. But if the New England patriots feel its necessary to go for it on 4th and 2, you don't think OUR coaches felt like sitting on a 4 point lead, and trying to run out the clock would be ideal? We stole that lead to begin with. I was at that game, and it felt like any second Manning was going to slit our throats. Come to find out, they have to score on a gadget play to win the game.

Green Bay, i didn't get to see that game. So, obviously, no comment.

I just feel like, that nobody has really come out and said it but our conservative approach early on had just as much to do with Frank Gore being a stud and Shaun Hill being a manager as it did with our porous secondary. Dre Bly came off the street and is starting for us. Think about the passing attacks we've face this year. Ironically 4 of the best are games you mentioned. And I would say that all four of those teams have superior talent compared to our squad, especially when Hill was under center.

The coaching staff deserves blame, I agree. Have games been mismanaged? Yes. But I believe there are strategically sound intentions heading into these games. And to put it ALL on the guys with the headsets is robbing the players of some accountability. That doesn't take the sting out of 5-7, i'm just throwing it out there.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm not certain the problem is solely that of Raye. Sure his overall gameplan can be improved but the changes he and Mike Johnson have made are very notable. Perhaps Coach Singletary was a bit too stubborn in his philosophy to initially accept change. He seems to be more compromising of late.
Well, Raye was chosen in large part because he agreed with Sing's philosophy of a run first, smash-mouth style of offense. I believe Sing figured that Raye would call a solid enough game to win, utilizing weapons such as Gore, Coffee and Norris.

What I think was realized is that the talent the team had was not suited to play the offense they desired. The strengths of the team are (for the most part) now being utilized in a system that gives them a better chance to succeed. The one huge exception of this is that they are continually under utilizing Gore.

Any good coach (or any logical one) would take note that failures were happening, losses were occurring and that changes needed to be made.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Well, Raye was chosen in large part because he agreed with Sing's philosophy of a run first, smash-mouth style of offense. I believe Sing figured that Raye would call a solid enough game to win, utilizing weapons such as Gore, Coffee and Norris.

What I think was realized is that the talent the team had was not suited to play the offense they desired. The strengths of the team are (for the most part) now being utilized in a system that gives them a better chance to succeed. The one huge exception of this is that they are continually under utilizing Gore.

Any good coach (or any logical one) would take note that failures were happening, losses were occurring and that changes needed to be made.
But the sad part is - and the part that confuses the bejesus out of me - is that Sing had a whole half of a season last year to evaluate this team. The guy SAW FIRST HAND that this offense could be successful and balanced with Martz' passing attack along with a good dose of Gore. Yet the guy decided to pull a 180 in the offseason and misjudged EVERYTHING. Now, we find the team going back to the spread, something that Martz is a genius at and Raye is an amateur at....makes no sense to me.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think he got Raye because his philosophy was the same, I believe they got him because he ran a successful offense in KC with a team that was built very similarly.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont think he got Raye because his philosophy was the same, I believe they got him because he ran a successful offense in KC with a team that was built very similarly.
I disagree. I think they got Raye because he was the only guy that agreed with Singletary's philosophy. Remember, Raye was like 6th-8th candidate interviewed, the rest of them ran away after interviewing with Sing. Sing wanted a style that was caveman, and modern progressive OCs wanted no part of it. Raye was the only cat that was interested in carrying out Sing's vision. Just my opinion, but that's what it looked like.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But the sad part is - and the part that confuses the bejesus out of me - is that Sing had a whole half of a season last year to evaluate this team. The guy SAW FIRST HAND that this offense could be successful and balanced with Martz' passing attack along with a good dose of Gore. Yet the guy decided to pull a 180 in the offseason and misjudged EVERYTHING. Now, we find the team going back to the spread, something that Martz is a genius at and Raye is an amateur at....makes no sense to me.
Sing saw Martz's offense first hand and he also saw the flaws within it (like JTO supposedly being the only one to understand much of it). Sing and Martz didn't see eye to eye on philosophy and something had to give - that something was Martz leaving and crying the he was black-balled from the league. If he was that great, somebody would have picked him up, don't ya think?!

That being said, Martz's offense obviously varies greatly from Raye's and I don't think very highly of Raye at all either. I do believe it's very important for the coaching staff to be on the same page and Raye seemed like he would be much better than Martz with Sing in that regard.

We need a good OC that just gets X's and O's in the modern game, that can design plays using the Niners specific personnel, not have the personnel try to adjust to his system, which I believe Raye and Martz (especially) have each tried to make happen with the Niners, with each of them failing.

Their offense is improving, yes, but still needs work. They are scoring more points, but the team still isn't WINNING. An OC with better play-calling and utilization of the personnel would allow the Niners to more often come through in these clutch situations where they have failed (and therefore have lost) this season.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 12-09-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of these excuses are bogus, I mean, seriously, we all know that Alex Smith's small hands caused Brandon Jones to fumble that punt-reverse.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Sing saw Martz's offense first hand and he also saw the flaws within it (like JTO supposedly being the only one to understand much of it). Sing and Martz didn't see eye to eye on philosophy and something had to give - that something was Martz leaving and crying the he was black-balled from the league. If he was that great, somebody would have picked him up, don't ya think?!

That being said, Martz's offense obviously varies greatly from Raye's and I don't think very highly of Raye at all either. I do believe it's very important for the coaching staff to be on the same page and Raye seemed like he would be much better than Martz with Sing in that regard.

We need a good OC that just gets X's and O's in the modern game, that can design plays using the Niners specific personnel, not have the personnel try to adjust to his system, which I believe Raye and Martz (especially) have each tried to make happen with the Niners, with each of them failing.

Their offense is improving, yes, but still needs work. They are scoring more points, but the team still isn't WINNING. An OC with better play-calling and utilization of the personnel would allow the Niners to more often come through in these clutch situations where they have failed (and therefore have lost) this season.
Oh, I can see why they fired Martz totally, I'm just baffled why Sing would try to pull a 180 when it was obvious that some elements of that style were WORKING. I mean you look at what Martz did with Hill and you look at what Raye did with the same personnel, Martz makes Raye him look like a complete mentally challenged child sucking his thumb. Martz' offense was too complicated for Sing, I get it, it's a complex scheme and Sing knows squat about Offense...however, it's the overall direction Sing decided to go after seeing what this team could do, THAT is what confuses the crap out of me.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh, I can see why they fired Martz totally, I'm just baffled why Sing would try to pull a 180 when it was obvious that some elements of that style were WORKING. I mean you look at what Martz did with Hill and you look at what Raye did with the same personnel, Martz makes Raye him look like a complete mentally challenged child sucking his thumb. Martz' offense was too complicated for Sing, I get it, it's a complex scheme and Sing knows squat about Offense...however, it's the overall direction Sing decided to go after seeing what this team could do, THAT is what confuses the crap out of me.
Yeah, I believe Sing saw that the team was taking on his mentality last year (to some degree) and winning with it, so he didn't vary from his goals in the offseason program and when looking for coaching help. He saw that Gore was the best player on offense last year (true) and so he wanted an OC to help create the smash-mouth culture. It didn't work, and at least he's open for adjustments. Some coaches would stay stuck in their ways completely and have it lead to their demise. Sing is still in his first year as HC with a pretty young team.

They're on the rise, but they are all gong to make their share of mistakes on the way. We have seen important progression this year from guys like Vernon Davis, Alex Smith, Shawntae Spencer, and Ahmad Brooks, among others. The team does seem more unified for a common goal under Sing that at anytime under Nolan. They just have to continue to make strides.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
All of these excuses are bogus, I mean, seriously, we all know that Alex Smith's small hands caused Brandon Jones to fumble that punt-reverse.
Oh my word, that was hillarious.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
wasnt Arnaz Battle a QB in college? so much for hand-off skillz

Old 12-10-2009, 02:35 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
wasnt Arnaz Battle a QB in college? so much for hand-off skillz
Probably played in the spreadz. :P
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:59 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Notre Dame was running the spread O in 2000.
On a side note, he graduated from H.S. here in Shreveport.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Sing installed his "philosophy"...

Isaac Bruce was expected to retire.

Michael Crabtree wasn't imagined.

Moran Norris was believed to be able to block.

Shaun Hill was the QB.

Alot has changed... as has the philosophy with it.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Concussion ends Jeff Ulbrich's career
Old 12-11-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I wish the best for him in his coaching career. He was the epitome of a team player and a great guy. You'll be missed, Jeff!

Old 12-11-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wish the best for him in his coaching career. He was the epitome of a team player and a great guy. You'll be missed, Jeff!
He said he wants to be a 49ers asst, if that doesn't work out he wants to stay local coach at Stanford or Cal.

Along with Nedney (San Jose) & Eric Heitmann (Stanford) he's p/o their diminishing core of local players, also one of the last of the Walsh draftees from 10 yrs back -- He's from Morgan Hill just 10 mi. south of here, played at Hawaii but his local roots had a lot to do with his being a 9er, lost his starting job under Nolan but made up for it several times over with his spectacular ST play, I remember a couple of forced fumbles & turnovers from Ulbrich.

So long Jeff, nothing finer than retiring as a 9er, you'll be missed.

Last edited by LizardState : 12-12-2009 at 12:47 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
He said he wants to be a 49ers asst.
Really? I'd read that he wants to coach college kids because he wants to be a "father-figure" and that he won't coach the 49ers anytime in the near future because he doesn't like the thought of coaching former teamates.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a few questions about Alex Smith.

1) How did he do in his college career stat wise?
2) How was his win / loss record as a starter?
3) Did he have the same OC for his entire college career?
4) How was his OC play-calling wise?
5) If his OC was good and is available, would it make sense for Singletary to let Raye go and bring in that guy?

Thanks.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I have a few questions about Alex Smith.

1) How did he do in his college career stat wise?
2) How was his win / loss record as a starter?
3) Did he have the same OC for his entire college career?
4) How was his OC play-calling wise?
5) If his OC was good and is available, would it make sense for Singletary to let Raye go and bring in that guy?

Thanks.
1.Stats
In three seasons at Utah, Smith completed 389-of-587 pass attempts for 5,203 yards and 47 touchdowns while throwing just 8 interceptions. He also ran 286 times for 1,072 yards and 15 touchdowns.

During his junior season, in which he led the Utes to a perfect 12-0 record, he completed 214-of-317 pass attempts (67.5%) for 2,952 yards and 32 touchdowns with just four interceptions. He also ran 135 times for 631 yards and 10 touchdowns.
http://football.about.com/od/playerp...smith.-Gwn.htm
2. 21-1
3. Yes, only in school for two years, same OC both years. Mike Sanford. Was hired as UNLV Head Coach and have 15 wins in 5 years, just recently fired. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4660100
4. Tough to call
5. Available? Yes. Good? I would say being an offensive coordinator under Urban Meyer means you don't do a whole hell of a lot. Meyer is the reason this offensive is so successful at Florida, and why it was at Utah. I'm sure this Sanford guy knows football but he certainly didn't do much at UNLV.

Long story short. Keep Jimmy Raye, lets keep progressing towards an offense that utilizes Alex's strengths, and allows people around him to make plays.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Mike Sanford was the OC but the offense was all Urban Meyer.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whilst I don't necessarily love Coach Sing or Jimmy Raye I'm not a advocate of ditching either of them. Given Raye has only had 1/2 a year and Alex was coming from a far way back (little game time / practice for 2 years) I'm keen to see what could be done with an off season program based upon Alex's skill set.

He's shown me in the last few weeks that he can be a functional QB who can operate at a high level. Why do anything to set this back. Consistency for a few years will finally vindicate the decision made in 2005.

Also the last few weeks has shown me that we don't need to spend a high pick on a QB in the upcoming draft. DB and OL are a must though.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can McCloughan and Co resist temptation?
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...open-to-r.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO
Obviously I'm here on a one-year deal with the Buffalo Bills and I really don't know what my future holds after this year. If you look at the Alan Iverson situation, he's back in Philly where he began and I think a number of players have done that, finished their careers where they started. I wouldn't want to go back just to, you know, put on a uniform just to end my career there. If I came back, I know I'm capable of playing this game at a high level. I would be instrumental and would want to be instrumental in whatever they're trying to strive to do in that organization.
I remember at the start of last off-season there was some interest in Owens and Maiocco, a few weeks ago, said on his twitter some in the 49ers org. are not sold on Morgan as the number two next to Crabtree. It would be a cheap option and an offense of Crabtree, Owens, Davis, Morgan, Hill, Walker, and Gore would be explosive. I am very open, due to the fact of how desperate I am to see this team back in the playoffs, to bringing him back into the fold. Thoughts?
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Dan would lose his goddamn mind because he'd be so happy.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Atlanta, Dallas, and NYG losing we now have a small chance at grabbing the last wildcard spot.

Here are their remaining schedules

ATL

@ NYJ
BUF
@TB

NYG

@WAS
CAR
@MIN

DAL

@NO
@WAS
PHI

I could see Atlanta finishing 8-8. Dallas anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6. Depends if Philly is resting their players, but Washington is playing well now. Giants have the easiest schedule , especially if Minnesota is resting their players. I could see them at 9-7 or 10-6. And we have to win out which is not easy. But i cant give up yet.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote