Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 12-14-2009, 12:46 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Dan would lose his goddamn mind because he'd be so happy.
I would be the happiest person in this forum. I could also wear my Owens jersey again. :)

From a management perspective, it depends on if Owens would be worth the money. I wouldnt give him more than $5m a season considering his age and everything but if you look at his season in Buffalo, he didnt do anything until Fitzpatrick became the starter and they started throwing the ball downfield. Stat wise, 2009 will be Owens worst or second worst (1999) season since his rookie season. Of course, with him playing better with Fitzpatrick at QB, you do have to wonder how his stats would be if Fitzpatrick started from week one. You just dont know in regards to this season but he's still in superior physical conditioning and since he learned from Jerry, im not really surprised.

I am surprised that he hasnt blown up yet despite being on a "crappy" team. I have always said that Owens only gets pissed when his team loses which I personally love because it shows that he has the desire to win and plays 100% every play (unlike Moss) no matter what.

WR wise, im pretty sure that Battle and Bruce will be gone with Jones being a possibility at being released. After all, why pay Jones $3m or whatever when you can get T.O. for less than double that? That leaves Crabtree, Morgan and Hill with Zeigler a possibility for the 5th spot on the depth chart. Crabtree and Owens with Davis in the slot along with Morgan, oh my.

Owens could help mentor these guys like Rice did with him when he was a young pup. I think that Singletary can handle Owens and since his options are limited, he would be wise not to screw it up. Also gives Smith another weapon and lets face it, the more Smith passes, the happier Owens and company will be. I just hope that Smith continues moving forward and doesnt take a step back or anything.

In the end, I would definitely bring him back as I would love to see him end his career in SF where it began and since a few receivers will be most likely gone anyway including Bruce, adding a veteran like T.O. will bring more positives than negatives.

*sits and waits for FA so I can hopefully welcome back T.O. with open arms*

:) :) :) :) :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I almost forgot -

Damn you Brandon Marshall, damn you to hell!!!!! (well, not really but you guys get the idea)
Old 12-14-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to have Owens back. The team would have a lot of weaponry.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Owens could help mentor these guys like Rice did with him when he was a young pup.
Quite possibly the number one reason I don't want him on this team. Crabtree just had a hold out that killed his rookie year. He's already surrounded with the likes of Primetime. The last thing this kid needs is a selfish cry baby like TO around. We already have a veteran that's shown these kids how to play the position and be a professional. Isaac Bruce is 10x the mentor TO ever could be.

I'm perfectly happy with Davis, Crabtree, Morgan, Gore as our weapons surrounding Alex. If this team is going to commit to the wide open attack for the future, the player we should be talking about is Reggie Bush ( i know he's been mentioned already) not TO.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
If this team is going to commit to the wide open attack for the future, the player we should be talking about is Reggie Bush ( i know he's been mentioned already) not TO.
Which is the one guy I would love to get, as I think he'd be a nice compliment to Gore. We need a speed runner. We dont have a RB who is going to out run a defense.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be opposed to trading our 2nd round pick for Bush.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Bush????

No thanks. Guy is average at best, isnt an every down back and nowhere near what he was hyped to be. Pass.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think SF is the only team I would be happy to see Bush go to.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I would not be opposed to trading our 2nd round pick for Bush.
NO WAY, for our 2nd? No way, I'd rather draft Jahvid Best or something. Maybe for our 3rd, MAYBE.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Bush????

No thanks. Guy is average at best, isnt an every down back and nowhere near what he was hyped to be. Pass.
Why would we need him to be an every down back with Frank back there? Having Reggie play both RB and slot would create ALOT of mismatches for the D. If we wanna run between the tackles, Frank is our man but we do need home run speed on offense.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:33 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why not just draft CJ Spiller?
Old 12-15-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
why not just draft CJ Spiller?
If the defense, and when i say defense I mean secondary and pass rush, continue playing like they did last night for the rest of the season, then I have no problem with Spiller.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Why would we need him to be an every down back with Frank back there? Having Reggie play both RB and slot would create ALOT of mismatches for the D. If we wanna run between the tackles, Frank is our man but we do need home run speed on offense.
For the money that we would be paying him plus trade compensation, hmmm, yeah, he better be an every down back. Otherwise, its just a waste of money and a draft pick.

We just drafted Coffee and have Gore. I would only acquire Bush if I can trade Coffee for him straight up. After all, if Coffee is like Gore and Bush is the opposite, it makes perfect sense and we keep the draft pick. Of course, I dont see the Saints letting him go or trading him because even though he's not what he was hyped to be, he is a perfect fit for the Saints offense.

As for the slot, I suggest Vernon Davis who could be a Gates/Gonzolez/Clark type but also be a TE as well when Morgan is in the slot.

And while its deinitely not a surprise, I would much rather have T.O. return instead of Bush. Owens, Crabtree, Davis, Morgan, Gore and Coffee. Adding Bush instead of Owens isnt better, its worse. Now, if you're adding Owens and trading Coffee for Bush straight up, then the offense just became even better than it was with T.O. and Coffee.

In short -

T.O. > Bush
T.O. and Bush > T.O. and Coffee
Bush > Coffee

P.S. - I would much rather trade our 2nd to OAK for CB Nhamdi Asomugha and give him an extension instead of doing the same for Bush.

Last edited by dan77733 : 12-15-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coffee for Bush straight up?!?!??! Ummm...yeah, not happening dan.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the defense, and when i say defense I mean secondary and pass rush, continue playing like they did last night for the rest of the season, then I have no problem with Spiller.
I wouldn't gauge your teams talent on how they played vs the Cardinals, no matter what the level of talent on the field these games have been close since the Cardinals moved to the NFC West

i remember when we were 4-12 and we swept the 9ers

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I wouldn't gauge your teams talent on how they played vs the Cardinals, no matter what the level of talent on the field these games have been close since the Cardinals moved to the NFC West

i remember when we were 4-12 and we swept the 9ers
But we've seen the defense play at a high level before. I would just like them to maintain that. So far the 49ers have held Peyton Manning and Kurt Warner without TD passes in games this year. They are capable of being shut down, but they are inconsistent at times.

Either way, familiar division foe or not, Boldin and Fitz will be the best tandem anyone on our defense sees in their careers.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Coffee for Bush straight up?!?!??! Ummm...yeah, not happening dan.
As the resident Saints expert in the 49er boards, let me 2nd that LOL.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
But we've seen the defense play at a high level before. I would just like them to maintain that. So far the 49ers have held Peyton Manning and Kurt Warner without TD passes in games this year. They are capable of being shut down, but they are inconsistent at times.

Either way, familiar division foe or not, Boldin and Fitz will be the best tandem anyone on our defense sees in their careers.
And the 9ers were close but no cigar down to the final play with Favre @ Minnesota too, remember that one? You know what they say about close only counting in horseshoes & hand grenades.

We have to be careful here in not misinterpreting what happened with the Cards game. That win was the 9ers' giftwrapped Christmas present -- 7 turnovers, whewww! 9ers fans were saying Thank you, Santa Claus with each new Warner INT or stripped ball.

All older QBs have a couple of El Stinko games like that in their repertoire, they don't have the zip on their passes anymore or they telegraph the plays to the defense based on the context (down & distance, preferred or signature plays to particular receivers, etc) so they throw up a pick party. What we saw was a very uncharacteristic game from the Zona offense, that sideline closeup shot of the Cards in the 4th qtr. on their bench said it all -- it could end up costing them the division & they knew it.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
And the 9ers were close but no cigar down to the final play with Favre @ Minnesota too, remember that one? You know what they say about close only counting in horseshoes & hand grenades.

We have to be careful here in not misinterpreting what happened with the Cards game. That win was the 9ers' giftwrapped Christmas present -- 7 turnovers, whewww! 9ers fans were saying Thank you, Santa Claus with each new Warner INT or stripped ball.

All older QBs have a couple of El Stinko games like that in their repertoire, they don't have the zip on their passes anymore or they telegraph the plays to the defense based on the context (down & distance, preferred or signature plays to particular receivers, etc) so they throw up a pick party. What we saw was a very uncharacteristic game from the Zona offense, that sideline closeup shot of the Cards in the 4th qtr. on their bench said it all -- it could end up costing them the division & they knew it.
I'm not saying we should be expecting 7 turnovers as the norm, but lets not sell the defense short either. The throw to boldin across the middle that got picked, that was bad. The deep one? If that was a bad decision he made it at least 6 other times. He was repeatedly going deep just PRAYING for something to fall into his guys hands.

All of the fumbling though. It wasn't like it was on bad exchanges or anything, our guys were ripping it out or just absolutely laying the wood.
yes i remember the Minnesota game. If we had played as well in those closing minutes as we had the whole game we would have won. Consistency. That's what i'm saying. If we can consistenly play at the level that we've shown we are capable of playing, then this unit can be great. So i will most definitely guage our defenses success against the cards. Any time we show those brilliant flashes, i consider it a small step towards what they can eventually be week in week out.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post

I agree, which is why I still say we need a pass rusher and a Safety, we can't be satisfied yet. We need to go for the gusto this offseason, we have all the resources to take over the division in a big way.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
JFINK11
Rookie

JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JFINK11 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Shaun Hill Fans

Can i just point out that the majority of you incorrectly had faith in Shaun Hill and I'm glad I wont have to deal with you guys complaining like you did last year about putting a quarterback to be choosen by you guys that you can't complain anymore because alex smith isnt the answer
JFINK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFINK11 View Post
Can i just point out that the majority of you incorrectly had faith in Shaun Hill and I'm glad I wont have to deal with you guys complaining like you did last year about putting a quarterback to be choosen by you guys that you can't complain anymore because alex smith isnt the answer
I'm confused. Do you think Alex is the answer or not? Punctuation next time please.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFINK11 View Post
This came out of nowhere
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun who?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he meant that Alex Smith is the Answer. I still don't think he is either.

Note that vs. Seattle 2 games back he had the ball in his hands in the late 4th qtr. & he was inaccurate, how many times have we seen this before? then Seattle had it & Hasselbeck (who has been considered by many to be over the hill or an inferior QB) connected on his passes & moved the chains, the difference in QBs was plain.

Yes the shotgun/spread has been user-friendly for Smith & he seems to be getting something going with Crabtree but I think it's too little too late, & Smith needs to overachieve to overcome the horrible history he has with the 9ers past regimes.

Quote:
Shaun who?
Smith needs a new NFL city & the 9ers need a new franchise QB (not named Hill). Locker in 2011!!
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote