Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-04-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The home schedule sounds a lot nicer than the road schedule except for the idea that they may give away a home game to play Philly in England next year.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
The home schedule sounds a lot nicer than the road schedule except for the idea that they may give away a home game to play Philly in England next year.
For a team teetering on the fine line of success and failure, this is an extremely crappy development. We get waxed by Philly every year, the only chance we seem to have is if we are at home. ARGH.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Philly waxes us pretty well at home as well. But those Europe games are just awful to watch. Man, the NFL is so damn greedy.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've gathered from reading Maiocco's blog, the Niners are volunteering for this opportunity next year. They apparently want to participate in this before the new stadium is built. The NFL and the owners and the players are greedy...it's the nature of the biz.

I'm just hoping they don't go to an 18 game schedule because the quality of football will be less, with more injuries and more meaning less games.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^^

I dont want an 18 game schedule either. They should keep the season schedule the way it is now and adjust the pre-season from four weeks to five weeks but with only three games for every team. That way, every team has two "bye" weeks during the pre-season but have every team play the last week before the start of the season because thats where all the backups will earn roster spots and the starters can sit out and not take a chance getting injured.

Just my opinion.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Everest out as ST coordinator.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers

Between calling the epic fail reverse without Sing's permission and having a bottom ten ranked punt and kick return average, Al gets his walking papers. Sing apparently will look to hire someone quickly.

This just shows that Sing is in charge, and if you're not seeing eye to eye with him, you're not going to be around long. It's what you want in a Head Coach and it's what people respect, so long as it isn't about an ego and it remains about what's doing best for the team.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty Mac.... you'd better have Bobby April on speed dial!!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everest out as ST coordinator.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers

Between calling the epic fail reverse without Sing's permission and having a bottom ten ranked punt and kick return average, Al gets his walking papers. Sing apparently will look to hire someone quickly.

This just shows that Sing is in charge, and if you're not seeing eye to eye with him, you're not going to be around long. It's what you want in a Head Coach and it's what people respect, so long as it isn't about an ego and it remains about what's doing best for the team.
Thx to MadErseman for the link. While there was some improvement in kick coverage from the bottom-feeder rankings in ST of yrs. past last season, & some obvious FG coverage improvements (Parys Haralson got his 2nd blocked FG in 2 yrs. on the road vs. the Vikes) the team was just awful covering KOs as usual, gunners were blocked & the 1st guy down there always got juked or just plain run over, I think they had to insert Willis back in the KO coverage lineup like his rookie yr. just to have a sure tackler there. Any way you look at it some improvement was needed. And it doesnt help that STer standout Jeff Ulbrich is retiring either.

Add to or discuss the following, 9ers fans, you help decide the priorities among these...

The 9ers still need to :
  • Improve the front 5 o-line
  • Find an effective edge rusher from the 3-4 opposite Smith
  • Improve overall ST performance
  • Find a new, better safety
  • Win on the road

Last edited by LizardState : 01-07-2010 at 11:58 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
The 9ers still need to :
  • Improve the front 5 o-line
  • Find an effective edge rusher from the 3-4 opposite King
  • Improve overall ST performance
  • Win on the road
King?

Do you mean 3-4 OLB or 3-4 DE?

I think alot of people are overestimating the importance of pass rush from the DE position because Justin Smith gets sacks. Smith is an EXCEPTION, not a rule. He has lead all 3-4 DE's in sacks the last 2 seasons. Truth is, sacking the QB, isn't in a 3-4 DE's job description. Sopoaga and Balmer have done well opposite Smith.

Although I would love to add a 3-4 OLB. The 49ers were 3rd in the entire NFL in sacks this season. With the emergence of Ahmad Brooks and the willingness of the front office to stay with the status quo and not draft one last year, I find it difficult to conclude that they would draft one highly this year. Especially with the depth of prospects at the position.

I would also include a coverage safety as a definite need as well.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
King?

Do you mean 3-4 OLB or 3-4 DE?

I think alot of people are overestimating the importance of pass rush from the DE position because Justin Smith gets sacks. Smith is an EXCEPTION, not a rule. He has lead all 3-4 DE's in sacks the last 2 seasons. Truth is, sacking the QB, isn't in a 3-4 DE's job description. Sopoaga and Balmer have done well opposite Smith.

Although I would love to add a 3-4 OLB. The 49ers were 3rd in the entire NFL in sacks this season. With the emergence of Ahmad Brooks and the willingness of the front office to stay with the status quo and not draft one last year, I find it difficult to conclude that they would draft one highly this year. Especially with the depth of prospects at the position.
Fixed King to Smith, sorry. And added the need for a new safety, I think Roman is done. Maybe Lewis too, his name is a dirty word in the 9ers fanbase nowadays. SS or FS, IDK, but I think it's time for fresh young legs & speed on the last defensive level. Goldson & Reggie Smith impressed me enough last season to think they can handle it if the 9ers fail in the what I think will become the very expensive Berry sweepstakes in the April draft. What I mean is it will cost both 1st rounders & then some to move up get him, that's too much going into what may end up as an uncapped yr.

I see what you mean about DE vs OLB, Lawson improved his run defense but isn't the guy the coaching staff hoped for on that edge pass rush. Balmer got into the lineup & reminded everyone he was the team's #1 pick a yr. ago, he had disappeared after an ankle injury kept him out in 08 from summer camp. Big kudos though to the overall run defense in SF, they were like 3rd vs. the run in the NFL most of the season & that's a stratospheric ranking they havent enjoyed in like 20-something yrs, most of it thanks to Willis but adding Spikes was significant help too. They need that Next Demarcus Ware, the guy who has the speed to defeat a 5-man o-line front + a blocking back to collapse the pocket & get to the QB, & they don't come along but once in a decade if that. Next April it may well come down to deciding which is more important for the defense, Eric Berry or an OLB?

Oh hell, we're having another Bay Area earthquake now, house now rocking laterally.... I say it's another 5.5 tremblor.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Oh hell, we're having another Bay Area earthquake now, house now rocking laterally.... I say it's another 5.5 tremblor.
Really? Hope you found a doorway. I like that you finished your post though. :)

Old 01-07-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Cribbs wants to be traded...I feel like we should make a move so..

1) Kick/Punt return
2) Versatile for RB/WR if anyone leaves/retires
3) Explosion, and pressure off of Smith, only a little but still

but im afraid of how much he will cost to get him :/ oh well..
Old 01-07-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt he's traded. If he is, I think any one who trades for him will end up giving picks away which exceed his value.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by txparkes49x View Post

1) Kick/Punt return

Maiocco reported earlier in the season (before the trade deadline) that he could have been had for a *** Rounder. His price may be that or higher now. He's dynamic as a returner, but we don't really need him as a WR too, and he's going to want big time cash. I wonder what his asking price is that the Browns aren't giving him right now. It has to be high. Paying him is one thing, but compensating with a 1st or 2nd Round pick stings a little too.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea he is gonna want some serious cash..damn. /shrug
Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard he wanted a little over 2 a year, or would have been okay with it. They offered 1.4.

I don't think a phone call would hurt though.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have Spiller or Best or Devin over Cribbs. I'd give up a fourth for Cribbs though.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I'd give up a 3rd for Cribbs and $2 mil isn't bad at all...I'd give him that per year on a 6 yr deal. King, do you have a link for this info? I thought he'd want $6 mil per year.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

Quote:
I'd give up a 3rd for Cribbs and $2 mil isn't bad at all...I'd give him that per year on a 6 yr deal. King, do you have a link for this info? I thought he'd want $6 mil per year.
thats what i thought was pretty reasonable. 2 millie for a gamebreaker like him. special teams return is underappreciated imo now-a-days.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:

1) Kick/Punt return

Mangini has been confirmed there for next yr, they have like 11 picks stockpiled, but they will want Crabtree & more picks for Cribbs. I think Cribbs is trying to pull a hwy robbery holdup for more megabux but it's bad timing, really bad economy.

At least the team would have to give up 1 of the 2 1st rd. picks + more, that's too expensive
Old 01-07-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

delete post

Last edited by LizardState : 01-07-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, sorry I didn't post it the first time, I know that's rude :).

Quote:
"We're going to formally put in a request for a trade," J.R. Rickert, Cribbs' other agent, told NFL Network's Jason La Canfora. "He will not set foot in that facility again. If they had offered even something like $2.5 million per season, we could have worked with them, but to me, this offer is indefensible."
So, 2.5 they would have 'worked with them' so, I would say something like 3.5 would have kept him in cleveland with some nice incentives. Like I said, it's worth a phone call at the very least.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cribbs is nothing more than a kick/punt returner and special teamer. Yet, he wants between $2.5m and $3.5m a season??? Good luck getting that.

I personally dont see him going anywhere. He has three years left on his contract and quite honestly, has no leverage whatsoever. Either play for CLE or stay home and let your career rot.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Cribbs is nothing more than a kick/punt returner and special teamer. Yet, he wants between $2.5m and $3.5m a season??? Good luck getting that.
Cribbs has already made NFL history for being elite in his position at a very young age. He deserves that kind of money for the impact he has in a game. Devin Hester was dynamic but the Bears were idiots and decided to give him #1 WR money and try to make him more of a player than he was.

I'd take Cribbs all day, every day over Brandon Jones for the money they would be paid. For the money they gave Jones's worthless a**, they'd have Cribbs and change leftover! :)

Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman
Cribbs has already made NFL history for being elite in his position at a very young age. He deserves that kind of money for the impact he has in a game. Devin Hester was dynamic but the Bears were idiots and decided to give him #1 WR money and try to make him more of a player than he was.

I'd take Cribbs all day, every day over Brandon Jones for the money they would be paid. For the money they gave Jones's worthless a**, they'd have Cribbs and change leftover! :)
Okay, I agree with the Jones comments but the bottom line is that he's still only a kick/punt returner who has three years left on his contract. He's playing great but its just a matter of time before teams shut him down and he then becomes overpaid.

Plus, he was undrafted and there's no way in hell I would trade anything higher than a 4th rounder for him especially since you would have to pay him in order to make him happy despite the fact that he has three years left on his curent contract.

And thats where teams make mistakes. Paying players who think they deserve more than what they think they're worth especially when the player has no leverage. I could see if Cribbs had one year left on his contract but im sorry, thats how teams get into cap hell by overpaying players just because they're unhappy with their contract despite the fact that they were the person who signed the contract to begin with.