Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-26-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I don't think Pac-man is the type of individual that fit's into the 49ers way of doing thing.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

is it me or does he look much more muscular?
Hope he hasn't been hanging out with Merriman's "doctors.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Haralson98
Rookie

Haralson98 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Yes his arms look much bigger. His arms were alot smaller during the season.
Haralson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/rollo...il-june-1.html

The above is an article about why no team has gone after Atogwe and we already know it but I wanted to post it because there's two things that arent mentioned in that article.

1) It doesnt mention the fact that as long as Atogwe isnt under contract with any team, he's not required to show up for any of the off-season activities which hurts whatever team he'll be on in 2010.

2) It doesnt mention the fact that there's a chance that Atogwe signs his tender after the draft if he thinks that the teams who are in need for a FS end up drafting one.

I know everyone here would rather wait but if we're one of the teams thats waiting for June 1st to see if he becomes an UFA (which is 50/50 at best) before going after him, I still say go after him now instead of having to compete with other teams who'll also want to sign him because that will jack up his price.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/rollo...il-june-1.html

The above is an article about why no team has gone after Atogwe and we already know it but I wanted to post it because there's two things that arent mentioned in that article.

1) It doesnt mention the fact that as long as Atogwe isnt under contract with any team, he's not required to show up for any of the off-season activities which hurts whatever team he'll be on in 2010.

2) It doesnt mention the fact that there's a chance that Atogwe signs his tender after the draft if he thinks that the teams who are in need for a FS end up drafting one.

I know everyone here would rather wait but if we're one of the teams thats waiting for June 1st to see if he becomes an UFA (which is 50/50 at best) before going after him, I still say go after him now instead of having to compete with other teams who'll also want to sign him because that will jack up his price.
Good find Dan. I think he hit the nail on the head.

I've been theorizing this for a little while now. I had yet to figure all the details though, this put it in a good perspective.

I also pointed out his point about the poison pill earlier. It just doesn't seem like an option anymore.

They most likely wouldn't get him now, unless they gave him a huge deal that the Rams are unwilling to match, meaning it would most likely be a bad deal value wise.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Scary to think about how good he did last year with literally no OTA's, mini-camp, Training Camp, and limited practice being hurt, and how good he could actually get by being healthy all off-season and doing all of these things.

Sky is the limit. I'm excited to see what type of leap he takes, he's always been a hard worker and I see no reason he shouldn't develop into a top 10 WR in the NFL here soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Sky is the limit. I'm excited to see what type of leap he takes, he's always been a hard worker and I see no reason he shouldn't develop into a top 10 WR in the NFL here soon.
If you go to the Niners' website, they have video from our recent OTAs, and you just see Crabs make ridiculous catches as if it's boring him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been hearing good things about Alex Boone from the OTAs. Apparently if you have a picture in your head of how he was looking back when we acquired him, he's almost unrecognizable. I hope he can end up playing to his potential.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
agubie
Rookie

agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.

a starting right tackle already on the roster?
agubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we're probably not gonna get Gaither. I think Anthony Davis might be the pick. I think he is pretty great value at #17 and wouldn't be mad at it.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Since we're probably not gonna get Gaither. I think Anthony Davis might be the pick. I think he is pretty great value at #17 and wouldn't be mad at it.
I would do backflips if he were there at 17, I would be pretty mad if we passed on him at 13 in the first place though.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agubie View Post
no but he could be the a long time back up to the RT position.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Since we're probably not gonna get Gaither.
Why not?

Is he about to be traded to someone else? I don't understand why the niners wouldn't go all out for this guy..
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Davis would be a good pick I think because we know he can do it all physically, the only issue is someone needs to light a fire under his ass. If Singletary, Solari, and Ray Brown can't do that together, no one could.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
Davis would be a good pick I think because we know he can do it all physically, the only issue is someone needs to light a fire under his ass. If Singletary, Solari, and Ray Brown can't do that together, no one could.
True, but that's the concern with Davis, thus why he is apparently falling on Draft boards. They can do all the motivating they want, but he has to want it as well and be able to be coached. If not, he's a bust waiting to happen.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:30 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
True, but that's the concern with Davis, thus why he is apparently falling on Draft boards. They can do all the motivating they want, but he has to want it as well and be able to be coached. If not, he's a bust waiting to happen.
Yeah you can only motivate someone so much before their true colors shine through. You can motivate them to heck on the field, but who's gonna stop the guy from hitting the buffet? Also why I'm extremely weary when it comes to Ahmad Brooks too.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Joe Haden? If he's as hyped up as people say he is, I personally would love another good corner to go along with the secondary. Spencer made some strides, but it was only one good season and Nate Clements will be having a microscope under him. Brown is best suited for backup duty for the time being. Too bad we released Hudson. I'd rather have him than Paymah.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:38 AM    (permalink
evenar
Rookie

evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.

As a lot of mock drafters have Spiller going to the niners, do you guys think they might try to trade for darren sproles instead? Think it is a move that could make a lot of sense, and I don't think it would have to cost them a 1st rounder...
evenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At #13, if both are on the board, does San Fran take Joe Haden or Earl Thomas?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Haden is the better value if he falls that far
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I think the team would definitely take Haden-- not just from a value standpoint but also because he meshes better with the team philosophy. Haden has good size for a corner and is solid out on the edge against the run. Thomas' biggest liability is his side and ability to come up and stop the run. Look at the kind of safeties/corners SF has employed over the past few years and I think you can see they're definitely concerned about a DBs ability to do that.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

With the Philly sending Sheldon Brown to the Browns today..its looking like Haden COULD actually do a Crabtree and fall to us at #13...im not saying he will..but it wouldnt surprise me.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers tendered Sproles at the highest level. A first and a third so thats not going to happen.

I still want Spiller. The guy would be a great value at 13 and a possible steal in my opinion considering the fact that he's ranked as the best RB in the draft.

As for Haden or Thomas, I would draft Thomas.

A few side notes -

We signed OLB Ahmad Brooks to a two year deal and the Cowboys released LT Flozell Adams. Any thoughts on signing him to start at RT instead?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
The Chargers tendered Sproles at the highest level. A first and a third so thats not going to happen.

I still want Spiller. The guy would be a great value at 13 and a possible steal in my opinion considering the fact that he's ranked as the best RB in the draft.

As for Haden or Thomas, I would draft Thomas.

A few side notes -

We signed OLB Ahmad Brooks to a two year deal and the Cowboys released LT Flozell Adams. Any thoughts on signing him to start at RT instead?
Id actually be interested in signing him and moving him to guard..
Old 04-03-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Can he play OG?