Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-03-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Can he play OG?
Not sure..thats what im saying...but id be interested in seeing if he could
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We signed OLB Ahmad Brooks to a two year deal and the Cowboys released LT Flozell Adams. Any thoughts on signing him to start at RT instead?
Flozell would be a tempting stopgap. He gave up 8 sacks last year but his nastiness is something the line has been missing since Larry Allen left. Plus it could let SF go BPA with both picks, round 1, and take a project tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round and not rush him into the starting job.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Flozell would be a tempting stopgap. He gave up 8 sacks last year but his nastiness is something the line has been missing since Larry Allen left. Plus it could let SF go BPA with both picks, round 1, and take a project tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round and not rush him into the starting job.
We've already a couple of Adams style stopgaps though. I think if there's a top tier tackle available at our pick we have to pull the trigger.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Being nasty doesn't equal production though. If you aren't a good player you aren't a good player...period. That's like saying good locker room chemistry on a team without talent is going to bring you wins. Adams had his day in the sun, but he's over the hill and a headache as far as penalties are concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
Not sure..thats what im saying...but id be interested in seeing if he could
Hopefully we can sign Chester Pitts to play guard. If we do make a move in free agency, I'd like him to be our guy.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:01 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the real question is: if Haden and Anthony Davis are both on the board, who do you take?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
I think the team would definitely take Haden-- not just from a value standpoint but also because he meshes better with the team philosophy. Haden has good size for a corner and is solid out on the edge against the run. Thomas' biggest liability is his side and ability to come up and stop the run. Look at the kind of safeties/corners SF has employed over the past few years and I think you can see they're definitely concerned about a DBs ability to do that.
I would go with Thomas, only if he's recovered fully from tweaking his hamstring in Texas' Pro Day last wk.

Thanks, great Chron article on Boone. I hope he finally cracks the starting lineup.

Hell no the 9ers don't want Flozell Adams, only if they want to lead the league in penalty yardage. He's a complete fool -- Nobody has blown more snap counts in wks. 16-17 while his team is at home, just no excuse for that. Dallas only cut him after re-upping him to a big contract 2 yrs. ago b/c Doug Free has really impressed Houck last yr. & will take his job, they may go OL in later rds. later this month for depth. But this puts Dallas in competition with SF for a safety, & SF has 2 picks before Dallas at #27, so I think Dallas will have to move up to acquire Thomas, unless they're willing to settle for Taylor Mays. Or is Seattle & Carrol interested in him? Are the 9ers interested in Mays for an impact rookie at safety?

Also, kicker Joe Nedney turned 37 last month. Any thoughts on him playing past age 40 or is he gong into a retirement yr? He's one of the biggest kickers in the league at 6-5, 237, one of the best too, & he's from here in San Jose, local hero at the neighborhood Italian restaurant where I live. He said he wants to play out the remainder of his career here, IDK when he plans to call it quits.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-04-2010 at 11:31 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
i think the real question is: if Haden and Anthony Davis are both on the board, who do you take?
best player available.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
My instinct would be Haden because I think the dropoff from him to the next group of wide receivers is bigger than the drop off from Davis to, say, Charles Brown. But I wouldn't be terribly frustrated either way.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My instinct would be Haden because I think the dropoff from him to the next group of wide receivers is bigger than the drop off from Davis to, say, Charles Brown. But I wouldn't be terribly frustrated either way.
I'm tempted to go with Haden too, but I don't think playing him at WR would be a very good idea...
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Being nasty doesn't equal production though. If you aren't a good player you aren't a good player...period. That's like saying good locker room chemistry on a team without talent is going to bring you wins. Adams had his day in the sun, but he's over the hill and a headache as far as penalties are concerned.

Hopefully we can sign Chester Pitts to play guard. If we do make a move in free agency, I'd like him to be our guy.
Point is he is still an upgrade of what the 49ers currently have on the roster.
I won't disagree that he is starting to slowly wear down but he hasn't missed a start the last 3 seasons and we saw how much it hurt Dallas when he came off the field in that playoff loss to Minn. Reason I bring up nastiness is he would be a good mentor for the young line but also matches Singletary's vision for the offensive line.

Also I am still not sold on drafting a tackle in round one unless he has the ability to become a LT. I think unless a guy, like Anthony Davis, falls the 49ers would be better off getting a combo like Haden and Spiller and signing Adams could put SF in a position to do that.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Current gut feeling about Niners' first round picks:

Joe Haden or C.J. Spiller at 13
Charles Brown or Dan Williams at 17

I dont know why, but for some reason Dan Williams stands out to me as someone they Niners would like. Charles Brown seems like a reach at 17, yet, it feels like a strong possibility.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Off Maiocco's twitter:
Quote:
MattMaiocco: If top 3 tackles are off board, I'd think strong chance 49ers would grab CB. RT @Cwing49ers If Haden is there do you think they choose him?
I still have a hard time believing Singletary will pass on a tackle with pick 13, considering how much he wanted Michael Oher last year.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
I'm tempted to go with Haden too, but I don't think playing him at WR would be a very good idea...
haha, my bad, meant cornerbacks, obviously ;)

And Brent, I get the feeling they like Charles Brown too. He reminds me a lot of Staley coming out of college. I wonder if maybe they'd consider making a trade to land a pick in the 20s to snag him?
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

I dont know why, but for some reason Dan Williams stands out to me as someone they Niners would like. Charles Brown seems like a reach at 17, yet, it feels like a strong possibility.
If I had to choose -

Spiller
Brown
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
And Brent, I get the feeling they like Charles Brown too. He reminds me a lot of Staley coming out of college. I wonder if maybe they'd consider making a trade to land a pick in the 20s to snag him?
I actually like Charles Brown, a lot. I would pretty happy about it, he's kind of flying under the radar in relation to the other OTs.

Quote:
Spiller
Brown
I would be happy with either Haden or Spiller at 13, especially if we landed Brown at 17. I would actually prefer Haden because I love great defenses, but getting Spiller would be awesome because of his ridiculous game speed.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Pretty happy the Niners didn't deal with second and fourth for McNabb. Just not worth that much in the longterm.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030
Pretty happy the Niners didn't deal with second and fourth for McNabb. Just not worth that much in the longterm.
Yeah, me too. How funny would it be if Shanahan signs T.O. who was rumored to be interested in him years ago when the Eagles released him back in 2006.

For some strange reason, I wouldnt shocked if that actually happens.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, me too. How funny would it be if Shanahan signs T.O. who was rumored to be interested in him years ago when the Eagles released him back in 2006.

For some strange reason, I wouldnt shocked if that actually happens.
They both claim to be friends again and played basketball together for "Joes vs Pros" early this month. I was hoping to see them in Oakland together.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

I could definitely see them taking Williams at 17 as the NT of the future and surprising a lot of fans. That pick would be a Scotty Mac kind of pick tho, and I'm curious if we'll see a variance from that, with them possibly taking a CB in the First. I think our Draft will be less predictable now than it would have been with the previous Trigger.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
C.J. Spiller at 13
Fixed it from MadErseman's quote. They need a return game more than they need an impact rookie on the OL. But they do need to fix that front 5 of the OL.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
They both claim to be friends again and played basketball together for "Joes vs Pros" early this month. I was hoping to see them in Oakland together.
Oakland??? UGH. I was somewhat hoping to see them reunite in SF but I wouldnt mind seeing them reunite in WSH especially when they would be playing against PHI and DAL twice a year.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Some tidbits from Matt Maiocco's blog post on the new Singletary/Baalke led world:
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...aft-board.html

On OTs:
Quote:
And if those four tackles (Okung, Trent Williams, Bryan Bulaga, Davis) are gone, the 49ers might hold off on a tackle until the second round. The vibed I picked up around the 49ers was McCloughan liked Charles Brown (USC) but others were less-convinced he is a mid-first-round talent.
Sounds good, no problem with that.

On Jimmy Clausen:
Quote:
If Baalke and the consensus is that Clausen will be a standout quarterback, team president Jed York probably would not be opposed to having a another fellow Golden Domer join the organization.
I actually wouldn't mind that as long as the QB isn't Colt McCoy or Tim....

On Tim Tebow:
Quote:
But as Singletary takes on more of a role - and don't kid yourself, he is taking on more of a role - it would not shock me if the 49ers used the No. 49 pick on one of the all-time great college football players.
/sits in silence..........I am going to be rooting hard that the Pats take him round 2 with all the 2nd round picks they have.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Interesting stuff..i cant even process the Clausen or Tebow stuff right now. However im beginning to come around to the idea of waiting on a RT if the big 4 arent there. Provided we can secure a Charles Brown or Roger Saffold later on.
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn dude. It just hit me.. Tebow is the best college football player ever. Wow. What a title..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

if we take tebow, my friends will never let me hear the end of it, and I'll probably want to throw up. I ******* hate tim tebow so much.