Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not gonna be a 49er fan anymore if we pick Tebow.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would you guys say the chances of the Niners taking Jimmy Clausen if available at 13?

Im working on a mock draft and I currently have him there so just wondering.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
What would you guys say the chances of the Niners taking Jimmy Clausen if available at 13?
Slim-to-very-unlikely.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Slim-to-very-unlikely.
Okay Thanks. Well then back to editing the mock draft.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Okay Thanks. Well then back to editing the mock draft.
Just became more likely with the McNabb trade. Look at the top 12 teams. Only so many of them need QBs. If no one trades up for Clausen, and the Browns, Bill and Jags pass on him... Well he's gotta go sometime, and the Niners wouldn't hesitate if he was the top guy on the board.

I could see them trading back if that was the case though. A lot of teams would be interested I predict.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft a QB in round one, I will be super pissed. If we draft a QB in rounds two or three, I'll still be pissed. If we draft a QB in rounds four to seven, I wont be pissed but annoyed because I think that it would be a wasted draft pick.

And im telling you guys, I have a bad feeling that Singletary/Baalke are going to package both first rounders for Bradford/Clausen. And with Singletary getting more control, the number one thing every HC does is get his OWN QB.

UGH. I'm so not happy right now, its not even funny.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Tebow would be a waste of a draft selection. We just signed David Carr as the backup and have an up and coming player in Nate Davis who could possibly develop into something more profound. Why in the world would we need to draft Tebow?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Tebow is a waste of any draft pick. Even a conditional 7th.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LMAO and.....AGREED
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No arguments here
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

if I wanted a college QB who hasnt even learned to throw a football properly and will need three years to learn a pro-offense, after having drafted someone from the same college system just a few years ago, then I might consider Tebow as an UDFA

Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Watch the Bills take him at #9
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't care what anyone says, Tebow is a guy you want on your team.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I completely disagree. He isn't amazing, that's for sure, but the guy has shown a remarkable amount of improvement from the Senior Bowl to his Pro Day, especially in his throwing mechanics. He deserves an enormous amount of credit for that.

The issue is that he is overrated due to Florida's success, which he was an integral part of, but clearly not uniquely responsible for, as the team was AMAZING the whole time he was there.

But to say he shouldn't be drafted at all is ridiculous. He has an excellent drive to learn and terrific intangibles as well as just being a physical marvel for the QB position. I really don't think rounds 3 or 4 are a reach.

He will go in the second I think, which might be a bit of a reach.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
I completely disagree.
I am aware. I am over-exaggerating because I cannot stand that guy.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Tebow in the 4th like where we took Robinson as a developmental guy that could become a QB or H-Back or Key Special Teams player.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I would take Tebow in the 4th like where we took Robinson as a developmental guy that could become a QB or H-Back or Key Special Teams player.
If he is to be an H-back, TE or FB, he would be of no use to the Niners as they have far more capable people in ALL those positions on the roster, currently. Hell, I'd still take Nate & Carr over Tebow at this stage.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he is to be an H-back, TE or FB, he would be of no use to the Niners as they have far more capable people in ALL those positions on the roster, currently. Hell, I'd still take Nate & Carr over Tebow at this stage.
I agree that in those roles, he wouldn't be a good fit for the Niners, especially at TE. A Chris Cooley H-Back is what I think he'll best be in the NFL, but that doesn't fit into our offensive scheme. I was talking more about value and where I'd take him, not specifically for the Niners.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 04-07-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am aware. I am over-exaggerating because I cannot stand that guy.
Here here, so say we all. I can't remember a marquee name player like Tebow having such a reverse bandwagon effect as the draft approaches. He had an awesome college career that's true, but now he's becoming about as popular as anthrax.

On another matter, I hear all the pundits saying that b/c of the talent depletion meltdown in Zona b/c the cheapest team in the NFL wants to save on paying roster bonuses, the Rams still floundering trying to get up off the floor with the worst teams in the NFL, & Seattle in rebuilding mode under a new HC the 9ers are the odds-on fave to take the division. Are you guys buying this?

I think the team is an OLT, a FS, a KR, maybe a lightning-quick pass rusher opposite Justin Smith & some solid kick & punt coverage on STs away from that yet.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-07-2010 at 12:33 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

I would take Tebow in the 4th round simply for his leadership and locker room presence, and intangibles. Very worst he is a special teams, H Back, do whatever u ask him to do type of guy. We have to many needs to consider him in the early part of the draft..and he is going in the first round now by all accounts so this debate is mute.. But anyone who says they wouldnt take him at all..or as a UDFA is letting their personal bias affect their judgement. He may not be the next Montana..but he can do something positive for a team.
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Here here, so say we all. I can't remember a marquee name player like Tebow having such a reverse bandwagon effect as the draft approaches. He had an awesome college career that's true, but now he's becoming about as popular as anthrax.

On another matter, I hear all the pundits saying that b/c of the talent depletion meltdown in Zona b/c the cheapest team in the NFL wants to save on paying roster bonuses, the Rams still floundering trying to get up off the floor with the worst teams in the NFL, & Seattle in rebuilding mode under a new HC the 9ers are the odds-on fave to take the division. Are you guys buying this?

I think the team is an OLT, a FS, a KR, maybe a lightning-quick pass rusher opposite Justin Smith & some solid kick & punt coverage on STs away from that yet.
Rams suck, Seahawks will get better sooner rather than later but the Cardinals still have a good team. They'll replace Dansby in the draft and replaced Rolle with Rhodes. The only major spot is at QB but its the biggest one but Leinart does have weapons in Fitz, Breaston and Early so I think they will be fine.

As for us, I think we can win the division if we were to make some moves but team isnt doing a damn thing whatsoever and I personally think that Diggler's hope for a trade to move up will happen because I see us trading away both first rounders but not for an OT - instead they will trade up for Bradford or Clausen because with McCloughan gone, Smith is pretty much a lame ass duck and Carr isnt the answer and while I would much rather see Davis get a shot after Smith but before any draft pick, I dont think that will happen whatsoever. Like every HC, I think Singletary wants his own QB and that QB isnt Smith. I believe it will be Bradford or more likely Clausen.

Now, I personally dont want to see that happen period and I dont want to trade both first rounders just to move up. If Okung, Baluga and Williams are all gone by 13 (and they most likely will be), I go with Spiller at 13 if he's there and then go with Iupati at 17 to play RT for a year.

I would also consider making an offer for Chargers OT Marcus McNeill who would require a first and a third. Granted, thats a steep price to pay but we would still have our first and second plus an OT who is far better than the top three OT's in this years draft anyway. And he's only 26 and in his prime.

One thing is for sure - no matter what happens, I know that I'll be moaning, groaning and complaining. LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalwithanF View Post
I would take Tebow in the 4th round simply for his leadership and locker room presence, and intangibles. Very worst he is a special teams, H Back, do whatever u ask him to do type of guy. We have to many needs to consider him in the early part of the draft..and he is going in the first round now by all accounts so this debate is mute.. But anyone who says they wouldnt take him at all..or as a UDFA is letting their personal bias affect their judgement. He may not be the next Montana..but he can do something positive for a team.
Agreed. This is similar to what I was saying. He has SOME value for his intangibles, but I just don't see him fitting in with the current 49ers roster, especially at QB.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

So, Kiper has Davis, the OT from Rutgers falling to us at 17. That would be a HUGE steal, I think. Hell, if he is there at 13, I think they take him.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea all need to stop hating on the poor Tebow man its getting old . HES gonna play QB when he comes into the NFL , just let it go already . He will be drafted in the second round , for who is unsure of . It could be us , the jags , browns , or even the Bills ( most likely ) I could live with that as a Tebow and Gator fan . But as 9er fan we could use a guy like Tebow on the team he will get to the playbook and fix his mistakes after a year or so if we so happen to draft him . There is so much hate on this on this board its unfair and stupid by all means .
Bradford or McCoy or any of the other guys who came our of the spread offense aren't getting as much hate why is that ? I dunno buts its dumb . Stop hating on the guy already ..
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
Bradford or McCoy or any of the other guys who came our of the spread offense aren't getting as much hate why is that ? I dunno buts its dumb . Stop hating on the guy already ..
The difference, Tebowfan85, is that Bradford and McCoy are more known for actual quarterback skills and their 'spread' systems they played in, highlighted those talents.

Bradford and McCoy are hailed for being accurate passers, Bradford especially. After Bradford's proday his velocity isn't even in question anymore, the only dark spot on Bradford's stock is his injury history. McCoy's dark spot is his velocity, however his accuracy on his throws surpasses whatever he lacks in zip. Oklahoma's and Texas' offenses worked to these strengths.

By saying what you did in the quote above, you make the implication that they are all cut from the same cloth because their base offensive set had 3 or 4 wideouts. If you think Tebow came from a 'traditional spread' offense you are more dillusional than I first imagined. The first thing that pops into my head when looking at the Florida offense the last 4 years is SINGLE WING. Tebow's strength was not his arm strength, or his accuracy (quarterback talents). His strength was his ability to move the chains with his legs. He was more of the halfback in a traditional Single Wing set. In that offense, the Halfback is asked to do much of the off tackle work, and when asked to throw, to do so on highly efficient routes.

That's all fine and dandy that he was essentially a single wing halfback for 4 years, but all of a sudden he goes to the combine and his one physical strength (legs) doesn't even earn him the fastest 40 time by a quarterback. His running style is more like a Mike Alstott without nearly the shiftiness or the power. Combine that with an average arm, and mediocre accuray and you have a prospect that deserves no consideration in any of the first 3 rounds based on physical playing ability.

And not once have I mentioned his suspect delivery (<---until right then).

The only reason Tebow has entered the discussion of the second round ( I use to drink that kool-aid) is because of his top notch intangibles. But I am not willing to spend 10 million dollars on someone's personality, and neither should you.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote