Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-24-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I think they are more non-Cards fans in AZ than Cards fans.....seriously
Yes, this is true, which I've experienced personally as so many people are from somewhere else (such as Cali, NY and several midwest states like Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, etc.) The Cards have developed a nice bandwagon following from their Super Bowl run, but they're losing people off that daily, since they're a couple years removed.

I went to their Training Camp last year and they were brutal to Leinart, booing him in PRACTICE like Niners fans boo Alex in games. LOL. They then went with "Mr' Mnday Nihgt" Derek Anderson, who as we know, 'puts his heart and soul into this s***!) LMAO

I've been to EVERY Niners game here for the last 6 years and though football games can be hostile at times (especially in enemy territory), I've not had any over-the-top incidents sporting full Niners gear with hat and Willis jersey in recent years. Both teams have red jerseys (with Niners switching from crimson to cherry red a couple years ago) so it's hard to differentiate who is a fan of which team from a distance, until you get closer.

Cardinals fans are more passionate than D-Backs fans, but D'Backs fans are the most passive, not loyal, boring fanbase I've ever experienced in any sport. Additionally, there are tons of Giants fans at every D'Backs vs Giants game, which I love.

Enough about our division rivals, though. Go Niners!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seahawks release DL Kentwan Balmer
The Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2011 - 3:34 pm

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have released defensive lineman Kentwan Balmer.

The former first-round pick of the 49ers struggled to find a role that fit in Seattle's defense. Balmer was acquired from the San Francisco 49ers for a sixth-round draft pick last August and appeared in all 16 games for Seattle in 2010. Balmer started 11 games between defensive tackle and defensive end for the Seahawks after injuries forced him into an increased role. He finished the year with a career-high 43 tackles.

In Balmer's place, the Seahawks have re-signed running back Vai Taua, who had been released by the team on Monday.
I can't help but LULZ. I remember this quote when he signed with the Hawks...
Quote:
It does seem funny. Like I said, I'm happy to be here. And it seems like they like me a little bit.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, so Im mulling over the 53 yet again(its like an obsession really)and Im really at a crossroads with Ted Ginn. The guy has started every pre-season game and most ppl have said he's looked good in camp but I just like Kyle Williams so much better. He's quicker, has more wiggle/YAC ability, better hands and just seems like he plays tougher.

And I find it odd that a guy like Ginn, who would probably make the team off his KR/PR ability also, hasn't fielded one punt in pre-season. You could say that Seely wants to see how the young guys look back there and knows what Ginn brings already, but I would still think you would want to see him field a live one, under game conditions, at least once. It just makes me think he's headed out the door.

Williams and Ginn are basically the same player and I dont see us using two roster spots on slot guys. And I just dont see anyway Williams is not on the 53. What are others thoughts on Ginn and him making the team?

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-24-2011 at 08:43 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

William's hands and ability to adjust to the ball should give him an advantage. With questionable hands on some of our other guys it would sure be nice to have a guy that will make the catch and do it in traffic. It would sure help to have a reliable target out there on third down.
Rabscuttle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ginn and Williams should both make the 53

Braylon Edwards
Michael Crabtree
Joshua Morgan
Ted Ginn, Jr.
Kyle Williams
Ronald Johnson (if they keep 6, if not PS)

I've never seen Ginn as a "slot guy." Just because he's diminutive it doesn't fit his game. He's a deep route runner (9's and posts)
Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are others thoughts on Ginn and him making the team?
based purely on Maiocco/Barrows blog posts, it sounded like Ginn was having a pretty darn good training camp. I would think that a short-yardage passing game would be to his advantage.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Ginn and Williams should both make the 53

Braylon Edwards
Michael Crabtree
Joshua Morgan
Ted Ginn, Jr.
Kyle Williams
Ronald Johnson (if they keep 6, if not PS)

I've never seen Ginn as a "slot guy." Just because he's diminutive it doesn't fit his game. He's a deep route runner (9's and posts)
But is that enough to warrant a roster spot? A guy only good for two routes? Williams can give you the deep routes too. He has legitmate deep speed as well.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But is that enough to warrant a roster spot? A guy only good for two routes? Williams can give you the deep routes too. He has legitmate deep speed as well.
I don't think anyone knows enough about Williams to say that. Sure, his 40 time would indicate deep speed, but that's not always the case on the field. He seems like more of a slot/quick guy when I see him run though, not a long-speed guy.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
I don't think anyone knows enough about Williams to say that. Sure, his 40 time would indicate deep speed, but that's not always the case on the field. He seems like more of a slot/quick guy when I see him run though, not a long-speed guy.
True, but I defintely think he has long speed. He may not have Ginn's track speed but I believe he defintely can take the top off a defense. I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

And I see nothing wrong with keeping both. Especially considering Ginn has supposedly looked great. We're talking about the #4 and #5 WR. It's nice that they both have speed and return ability.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
And I see nothing wrong with keeping both. Especially considering Ginn has supposedly looked great. We're talking about the #4 and #5 WR. It's nice that they both have speed and return ability.
My only problem with keeping both is that means a guy like Ronald Johnson probably doesn't make it, which I think might hurt us in the long run. Edwards, Morgan, and Ginn are all free agents after this year. There's a chance all three are elsewhere next year. That leaves you with Crabs and Williams as your starters headed into next off-season and very little talent on the outside behind them. Guys like Long and Jurovich are more slot guys. RoJo has more pontential as a starter on the outside. A guy like Johnson probably wont make it through waivers. I'd hate to lose him, as I think he's probably a year away from competing for playing time. And I don't see us carrying 6 WRs, at least I hope we don't.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My only problem with keeping both is that means a guy like Ronald Johnson probably doesn't make it, which I think might hurt us in the long run. Edwards, Morgan, and Ginn are all free agents after this year. There's a chance all three are elsewhere next year. That leaves you with Crabs and Williams as your starters headed into next off-season and very little talent on the outside behind them. Guys like Long and Jurovich are more slot guys. RoJo has more pontential as a starter on the outside. A guy like Johnson probably wont make it through waivers. I'd hate to lose him, as I think he's probably a year away from competing for playing time. And I don't see us carrying 6 WRs, at least I hope we don't.
Unfortunately Ronald Johnson hasn't shown much promise this summer. We'll most likely extend the guys that deserve to be extended.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

And Ronald Johnson would very likely clear waivers and be placed on the PS.

It's a risk, but rather lose RJ to waivers than someone like Demarcus Dobbs.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't think we'd have any problem getting RJ onto the PS.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Yeah, I don't think we'd have any problem getting RJ onto the PS.
Unless Pete Carrol nabbed him for the Seahawks (USC connection).

Or the Bengals would add to their collection of ex-Niners (if they didn't already have so many young WRs on their team).

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 08-28-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Yea, there REALLY wont be a problem with him getting past waivers now. Kid had a awful game last night. I think we're set with Edwards, Ginn, Morgan, Crabs, and Williams.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

"Ronald, we're going to place you on waivers today but we'd like you to come back on the Practice Squad."

It's actually good news that he has bad tape out there now with him being a draft pick/bubble player as he has a better chance to make the PS.

Old 08-29-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers got the Bengals 2013 7th Round Draft pick for Mays.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
The 49ers got the Bengals 2013 7th Round Draft pick for Mays.
Yes. This sucks.

Bengals.com notes 49ers got 7th-rd pick in 2013 for Taylor Mays http://t.co/qhgUoAW

A 7th and not even a pick in next year's draft.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW!!! Its probably just me but I would have just kept Mays.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
WOW!!! Its probably just me but I would have just kept Mays.
Over who though? He was 6th on the depth chart.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First wave of cuts happening:
Quote:
The 49ers' cuts have begun. WR Kevin Jurovich, who was Alex Smith's right-hand man this offseason, is one of the players released ...
Jurovich was having a RoJo like preseason. Was rooting for a local guy to make the roster.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn it! I liked Jurovich at San Jo.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys release McKillop too..that's to bad because he is a tackling machine. Hopefully he gets picked up somewhere else.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mckillop looked really stiff during games since his injury. Definitely not the same player as he was in 2009.