Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-30-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to caste football, mckillop was the best linebacker we had since he got to san fran haha

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard...d.php?t=118494

yikes...the pics in this thread are comedy....if only they didn't hurt so much too.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought that Aaron Rodgers > Alex Smith was pretty much universally known by now?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I thought that Aaron Rodgers > Alex Smith was pretty much universally known by now?
Yeah, but many believe that "good QBs" i.e. Aaron Rodgers succeed with poor O-Linis play.

My point is that poor O-Line play and and absolute jail-break style lack of pass pro are two entirely different things. These pics are a good representation of that.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
according to caste football, mckillop was the best linebacker we had since he got to san fran haha
Well, that's stupid, but McKillop really is a good LB. I thought he was a perfect backup.

Quote:
Mckillop looked really stiff during games since his injury. Definitely not the same player as he was in 2009.
The game against the Texans was his first action since the injury. He had 7 tackles in less than a half of play.

His knee isn't ready. He was hobbled and in pain after every play. He was cut because he is an injury risk and the team would have to eat his contract.

I feel bad because IF he heals properly, he's still great depth and solid ST contributor with legit LS experience.

Horrible timing. He had no chance of making this team. I still like him better than Kristick however. But I don't think Kristick makes the team either.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

More to come???

Quote:
PPSsportsMGMT Pro Player Solutions
@JasonLaCanfora Gore just signed an extension today. Numbers not out yet
20 minutes ago
Quote:
PPSsportsMGMT Pro Player Solutions
Congrats to Frank Gore on signing his extension with the Niners today.
20 minutes ago
Old 08-30-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think anyone is gonna argue against that on this board (maybe on crap sites like .com) but it's just striking how different the pass protection in those pictures are...our line is seriously made up of bowling pins.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES! Gore looks to be signed to an extension. Details have been made available just yet but we'll know more shortly.

UPDATE from PFT:

Gore will sign three-year extension with $21 million in new money and $13.5 million guaranteed, per league source.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Last edited by Madirishman : 08-30-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In terms of ability and decision making yes. Rodgers is the better quarterback hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
YES! Gore looks to be signed to an extension. Details have been made available just yet but we'll know more shortly.

UPDATE from PFT:

Gore will sign three-year extension with $21 million in new money and $13.5 million guaranteed, per league source.
Finally some good news for a change. I really have to give Gore props for sticking with the 49ers his entire career my goodness.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Stick up for Frank Gore in the Free Agency thread in the Pro Football Forum.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Tarrell Brown and Shawntae Spencer are slated to be our starters at corner. And Goodwin is slated to be our starting center. I can live with that. I thought Brock might make a push. But it's nice to have him as a backup along with Culliver. Spencer may not start anyways though or may get hurt again so Brock may be thrust into the spotlight sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Old 08-30-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Rogers?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ness forgot about him. It'll be Spencer and Rogers starting, most likely, followed by Brown and Brock.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Ness forgot about him. It'll be Spencer and Rogers starting, most likely, followed by Brown and Brock.
The starters were noted in a blog post today by Maiocco, but it didn't mention Rogers in the post, nor did it discuss the backups at the position. The post just talked about it being the 49ers first officially released depth chart. The positions could still change before the opener, as I think Rogers may still crack the starting lineup in place of Brown. I do think the move to Goodwin at Center will stick though.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Yes I got it from Maiocco. Whoops I forgot about Rogers. Our defensive backs on paper, look the best in quite some time. Rogers is starting to win me over is probably an upgrade over Clements. I hope Culliver and Brock amount to something.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I still say that Whitner will prove to be our most valuable FA acquisition. Braylon will make some noise but will be inconsistent. Maybe Goodwin can help make the right calls and fix(improve) our O-Line.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

So i know their's been a lot of buzz going around that Harbaugh is hiding the real offense.

Here's a quote from a Braylon Edwards interview...(He's talking about Crabtree)

Quote:
"If you get that guy back out on the field, it adds a whole new dimension to what we already have and what we are hiding thus far.."
I actually enjoy the fact that most people are predicting us to be a 4 or 5 win team. It will make it that much sweeter when we come outa nowhere and smash on teams.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the o-line is doing a great job selling it if the pre-season is just a big sandbag job.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

That's been the plan all along. Make everyone believe in the supreme suckage only to be hiding the dominance!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was just thinking about this at my own practice. come outta nowhere and smash people.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So i know their's been a lot of buzz going around that Harbaugh is hiding the real offense.

Here's a quote from a Braylon Edwards interview...(He's talking about Crabtree)

I actually enjoy the fact that most people are predicting us to be a 4 or 5 win team. It will make it that much sweeter when we come outa nowhere and smash on teams.
Frank Gore said the same thing in an interview with 95.7 the game. Not to mention the fact that Harbaugh is banning media and fans from seeing any practice from August 17 onward, and Harbaugh's entire history as a creative offensive HC. We're definitely holding back for the regular season. That still doesn't solve the huge OL problem though. If the OL plays like they did in HOU and NO our offense literally stands no chance. Thats the real concern for me.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
MaybeDavis
Rookie

MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.

Guys, I really want the 1st ovr pick! 1 more bad year doesnt really count after that last 10 years... get some rythm, give CK some reps and take Luck with 1st ovr after a rebuilding season. Our future would be bright!
I know its bad to think that way, but on the other hand i think its the best for the franchise...
MaybeDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeDavis View Post
Guys, I really want the 1st ovr pick! 1 more bad year doesnt really count after that last 10 years... get some rythm, give CK some reps and take Luck with 1st ovr after a rebuilding season. Our future would be bright!
I know its bad to think that way, but on the other hand i think its the best for the franchise...
This is why you're not their GM. A lot can change between now and next year's draft, and though Luck's stock is high now, it could drop and he may not event be the first QB selected next April. Each year that goes by, the core gets older, and the team could get weaker quickly should they choose to continue to 'wait til next year.'

Remember last time when we had the #1 overall pick and optimism was high?

Old 09-01-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

even if they're hiding stuff, it still doesn't explain the OL almost getting both of the QBs killed.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kentwan Balmer was cut by the Panthers. 3rd time in 1 year he was let go by a seperate team. Taylor Mays was also burned for a 44 yard PI on the 1st defensive play of the Colts-Bengals game. lol
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote