Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-24-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be shocked if they signed Vick. People are just saying **** and hoping a story comes of it. Why would anyone touch that guy? So he becomes a distraction? This isn't Dallas, the owner isnt desperate for a SB win.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they pick up Vick I really wouldn't know how to act.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:53 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love
If the 49ers picked up Vick I wouldn't go as far as to say that I will stop being a niner fan but i respect your convictions. However, I am not a big fan of Vick as far as a consistent QB. He is an inconsistent QB, with subpar accuracy, who never seemed to have a great feel for the pro passing game. I would rather have a solid QB with limited mobility, and limited arm strength who can move the chains enough to let Frank do his thang (suprise we have that in Shaun Hill).

But yah, Reeves is the perfect smash mouth coach. And I would love to see Frank, Davis and Walker in his "full-house" formation.
I hate Vick with a passion even before he was ever in any legal trouble. He's an average QB with great athletic ability and arm strength but that's as far as it goes. Every time I heard Madden or some other moron praise how great he was, I would feel like throwing up because it sickened me to no end. All Vick ever did was roll out, look for Crumpler and then take off if he was covered. He was basically a RB playing QB.

I said it before and I'll say it again, no matter what your opinion is of ex-49ers QB Tim Rattay, he basically matched and would have surpassed Vick in 2004 if he didnt get injured. And think about it, Rattay's best offensive player was TE Eric Johnson. Rattay had a worse offensive line, coaching, defense and was in complete rebuilding mode where as the Falcons went to the NFC Championship that year but lost to T.O. and the Eagles. While I was a fan of Rattay and just wish he was healthy back then, I think that it's safe to say that you suck if you cant out perform a QB who was on a 2-14 team but that's just me.

G / GS / CMP / ATT / PCT / YDS / AVG / TD / INT / SCK / FUM / LOST / RAT

Vick: 15 / 15 / 181 / 321 / 56.4 / 2313 / 14 / 12 / 46 / 16 / 7 / 78.1
Rattay: 9 / 9 / 198 / 325 / 60.9 / 2169 / 6.7 / 10 / 10 / 37 / 11 / 6 / 78.1

A HUGE MOTHER ******* NO THANKS TO MICHAEL *RON MEXICO* VICK!!!!!
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dallas comparison by Brent pretty much sums it up. There is no way, Mike Singletary brings in a guy who is going to be followed by a **** storm wherever he goes. I'm actually more interested in the fact that he's asking OC's what they think of Alex.

After Detroit (and linehan) ruin Stafford because they have a giant revolving door up front, they'll be the ones first in line for Vick. Bank on it.

And to whoever mentioned Davis, Walker, and Gore in a full house formation....i think you made my day.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

vick is not going to come here. no way no how.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i agree with the post about Rattay. Not the most gifted qb but a better qb than vick could ever hope to be. we should have held on to him to allow smith some time to sit. i also agree that sing wont bring in the kind of circus that vick will be if he is reinstated by the league
Fogcity_faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
There is no way, Mike Singletary brings in a guy who is going to be followed by a **** storm wherever he goes.
Not even Scot McCloughan is that stupid.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Not even Scot McCloughan is that stupid.
I am actually pretty happy he is our GM.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could write a thesis on my opinion of the Vick situation, but I'll just keep it short and say I'll be unhappy if we sign Vick.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ok we all need to calm down on the Vick stuff. We are all smart enough to see that this is what happens the week between the championships games and the superbowl. These writers are trying to connect dots that aren't there. It wont happen there is no way. Im sure the SEA writers are doing the same crap. "Mora was Vicks coach, Hasslebeck is old, SEA rains a lot and um dogs dont like the rain." or something like that. Every writer is doing it.

I agree, Reeves would be great as an OC. I know coach Sing wanted an "old" school offense but i never thought they would go this route. Im hoping he gets it over Jackson.

Last edited by woodyx02 : 01-24-2009 at 02:33 PM.
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Jury's out for a few years, GMs live and die by the draft (or should at any rate) and we can't evaluate his yet.

edit: to clarify, I'm, far from unhappy he's our GM. ;)
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
That came out wrong. I don't mean to say I think he's a bad GM but Scot is the GM not Singletary, so it's Scot who would be responsible for bringing him in and I dont think he's that stupid.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

We really couldn't do any worse than Donahue.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

not to mention the pr hit they would take locally due to all that dog mauling drama in the bay area a couple of years ago
FG4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Shefter has too much power over our thoughts! Him "connecting the dots" is pure speculation. Let's not bother talking about this unless somehow, someway it becomes a reality.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We may have been inept the last few years but I cant believe that we are totally brain dead. Lets face it, in NFL eyes our team has become a joke and I dont see Vick doing anything to turn that around. We've lost relevance and our glory years were an age ago - short term fixes are not the answer. We need to set sail with a view of success in 3 - 5 years time.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
We may have been inept the last few years but I cant believe that we are totally brain dead. Lets face it, in NFL eyes our team has become a joke and I dont see Vick doing anything to turn that around. We've lost relevance and our glory years were an age ago - short term fixes are not the answer. We need to set sail with a view of success in 3 - 5 years time.
i agree with that. we need to win like we did under walsh. team ball, not bringing in a circus
Old 01-24-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogcity_faithful View Post
i agree with that. we need to win like we did under walsh. team ball, not bringing in a circus
We are slowley building that.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

indeed, and singletary is a huge piece of that puzzle.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.FG4prez is a cocksman.

pedro gomez would finally have something controvesial to report about. i think he is getting depressed without the ongoing bonds circus. btw i asked the guys on the falcons board what went wrong with jimmy williams. they said he had bad hips, attitude and weed problems. hopefully as a safety his hips wont get tested as much.
can you imagine trying to hide being stoned from singletary? that would be ten times worse than pulling off coming home in high school days (not that i would know)
Old 01-24-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
FG4prez
Rookie

bah i just lost a bunch of what else i wrote, i was saying that i think if the niners got another 2nd round pick it would provide us w/ a ton of flexibiliy with the first pick. the reason i feel locked into grabbing oher if hes there is because i feel like we have to grab one of the safeties, johnson or delmas (who apparently has been great at senior bowl week?) in the second. if we had two 2nd rders, we could then get loadholt and be solid at those two positions. lets say the obtained pick is later in the 2nd round.

1. Raji - im coming around to him after this week. we could also go orakpo/brown, crabtree, or sanchez. because we have safety and tackle addressed in the second we can really go after bpa.
2. loadholt or britton if he lasts
2. r johnson/delmas- if they are both available we could also get english here which would be risky if both safeties got picked in the 15 or so picks between late 2nd rd and p10 in the 3rd. i like english but not enough to risk that.
3. jasper brinkley mlb - this guy is a monster, 6-2 275 and would be the perfect bart scott type to groom behind spikes. also, worrell williams ilb from cal would be good. if we didnt get raji in the first we could also go after an nt like brace or terrance taylor from michigan.
4. jeremiah johnson rb- get on board! i dont know if hell last now due to senior bowl but i love him as gore's back up.
5. pat white wr/wildcat extrodinaire.
6. bpa
7. bpa
Old 01-24-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
goonie61
Rookie

goonie61 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post
bah i just lost a bunch of what else i wrote, i was saying that i think if the niners got another 2nd round pick it would provide us w/ a ton of flexibiliy with the first pick. the reason i feel locked into grabbing oher if hes there is because i feel like we have to grab one of the safeties, johnson or delmas (who apparently has been great at senior bowl week?) in the second. if we had two 2nd rders, we could then get loadholt and be solid at those two positions. lets say the obtained pick is later in the 2nd round.

1. Raji - im coming around to him after this week. we could also go orakpo/brown, crabtree, or sanchez. because we have safety and tackle addressed in the second we can really go after bpa.
2. r johnson/delmas- if they are both available we could also get english here which would be risky if both safeties got picked in the 15 or so picks between late 2nd rd and p10 in the 3rd. i like english but not enough to risk that.
3. jasper brinkley mlb - this guy is a monster, 6-2 275 and would be the perfect bart scott type to groom behind spikes. also, worrell williams ilb from cal would be good. if we didnt get raji in the first we could also go after an nt like brace or terrance taylor from michigan.
4. jeremiah johnson rb- get on board! i dont know if hell last now due to senior bowl but i love him as gore's back up.
6. bpa
7. bpa
Yes I love the first three picks but there is no way we can get two 2nd rounders. We should not draft Brace or any other D lineman not named Rajji, we already have depth, we just need a star. I like the J Johson pick, we could also take Andre Brown in the 3rd since having a quality backup is so important and he has played well in the senior bowl
Old 01-25-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
woodyx02
Rookie

woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.woodyx02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ok after we all just spent the past week lusting over Raji, is there anyone concerned that he was a no show during the SR bowl?
woodyx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyx02 View Post
Ok after we all just spent the past week lusting over Raji, is there anyone concerned that he was a no show during the SR bowl?
Not really to tell you the truth. I think he might have gotten caught up into too much of the media hype.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG4prez View Post

6. bpa
7. bpa
Like Worrell Williams in the mid-rounds, nice consistent play out of him during his tenure at CAL. Given a few years he could blossom. Jeremiah Johnson would be an amazing value in the 4th. Doubt he lasts, but would be a great compliment to our run game