Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-12-2011, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Gameday Thread is up.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Anything else?
No I think that says it all.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
49ers don't have a receiver in the top 65. We'll be lucky to have one of our receiving targets get 700 yards this season.
Something that went unnoticed last week was Edwards' comments about the way the 49ers have utilized their receiving core:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...we-can-be.html

Quote:
Edwards ticked off several offensive players - himself, Michael Crabtree, Ted Ginn, Frank Gore and Vernon Davis - and said the offense is still congealing and still figuring out ways to use each of them. Edwards today had two catches for 30 yards, including a bruising 24-yard catch and run in which he plowed through multiple Redskins.
We have seen how much subbing of different personal packages the 49ers have run out there. Last week, for example, Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams came in numerous times when they went with the one WR Jumbo package. I like the way the staff has found ways to use Ginn and Williams in the offense but at the same time I would like them to be more consistent with Edwards and Crabtree. Crabtree only played 69% of the snaps last week and around 60% the week before that.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of a descent topic was on NFL N this mooring.They said that Alex Smith might get a new contract with SF?Why are we doing this again?I'm not sure if any one else had heard of this possible news.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he finished the season with around 20 touchdowns, 5 interceptions, a passer rating around 98-100 and a 12-4 record then why wouldn't we give him a contract extension?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Kind of a descent topic was on NFL N this mooring.They said that Alex Smith might get a new contract with SF?Why are we doing this again?I'm not sure if any one else had heard of this possible news.
Lol make it sound like a curse. If he keeps playing like he did today he better be back.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team can still improve a bunch. So exciting. My thoughts on this game...

1. Offense can't run the ball.
2. Defense can't get consistent pressure.
3. Defense can't consistently slow down the passing game.

And the 49ers win... against a strong team. GAME MANAGER FTW!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phlysac,
so tough on our guys today man. Yes we couldn't run the due to a tough defense partly due to I think Gore was half hurt. Hunter ran the ball nice for on e play we will see how he does full time next week. I do agree that we really need help on CB coverage down field and mid field.We should I think about drafting a DT or DE round round in next year draft.

But other then our run game and rush defense that was worked out.I think our boys did great. Yes our rush defense need coached up .But with that said boys we are in the hunt to run for the super bowl against GB in a play off show down for a classic game.I can't wait.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
tuan33
Rookie

tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.

I didn't understand the Giant's gameplay to run it to the outside with Jacobs. Willis was so quick to the outside and just took his legs out from under him that Jacobs couldn't do anything.

I think the 49er's can make it deep into the playoffs. Smith plays mistake free football and can make the plays when the niners need him to. Couple that with the defense and I think you've got something special.
tuan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
If he finished the season with around 20 touchdowns, 5 interceptions, a passer rating around 98-100 and a 12-4 record then why wouldn't we give him a contract extension?
If he keeps playing like this, he deserves it, what can I say. Hopefully this year won't be a one year wonder for him though.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Phlysac,
so tough on our guys today man. Yes we couldn't run the due to a tough defense partly due to I think Gore was half hurt. Hunter ran the ball nice for on e play we will see how he does full time next week. I do agree that we really need help on CB coverage down field and mid field.We should I think about drafting a DT or DE round round in next year draft.

But other then our run game and rush defense that was worked out.I think our boys did great. Yes our rush defense need coached up .But with that said boys we are in the hunt to run for the super bowl against GB in a play off show down for a classic game.I can't wait.
Nah, don't get me wrong. I understand why you read it that way. To clarify...

It a TREMENDOUS sign to see that the team can win against strong opponents when things like that happen.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

It would be great if we could get the number one seed somehow. I don't see the Packers losing more games than us though.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah #1 seed would be great but the Niners style actually fits better than the Packers finesse with a freezing January game in Lambeau. It wouldn't be the end of the world if the Niners got the #2 seed and how to go in there with a shot to go to the Super Bowl.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love the number one seed because even if we lose to GB in SF in the NFC Championship game, considering that our team has sucked for the last decade, we would have come so far in just a year, a short year too. Just imagine what Harbaugh will do in future years with a full off-season to prepare. Also, number one seed means we get the lowest seed from wildcard weekend while the number two seed gets the highest. NFC East and NFC South will be 3 and 4 or 4 and 3 depending who wins between the Saints and Giants in a few weeks. Of course, after the Packers, the team that worries me the most would be the Cowboys because they should be 9-4 by the time they face the Giants and I wouldnt be surprised to see the Cowboys win the NFC East and the 3rd or at worst 4th seed. Dont know about the rest of you guys but I would rather face the Saints instead of the Cowboys. Let the Cowboys go to GB and I would love an upset in GB because then, if we beat the Saints, its a classic Cowboys/49ers NFC Championship game in San Fran.

Ahhhh, memories. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

From Peter King's Monday Morning QB:

Quote:
The 49ers are suffocating people. San Francisco's very quietly putting together a Pittsburgh-type of run-defense season. Through nine games, the Niners haven't allowed a rushing touchdown. Think of that. Tampa Bay allowed three -- yesterday. Foes have gained 64, 45, 79, 108, 86, 66, 66, 52 and 93 yards rushing in the Niners' nine games. "It's all about our front, and about our two inside linebackers [Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman] being very active but very physical too,'' said defensive coordinator Vic Fangio. "Our stoutness up front has been a big part of what we do.'' Imagine some of the playoff matchups. Niners against Matt Forte. Niners against Michael Turner ... or the Niners shutting down Green Bay's run and making Aaron Rodgers throw it 45 times. I might pay to see that one.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Phlysac,

The 49ers went pass heavy because the Giants had 8 in the box sometimes 9 nearly every play. I really want you to tell me why the 49ers need a DT and DE because i'm sick of you polluting the mock draft forum's with that.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Well i really think we could use another good DE or DT because of depth.It would be nice to some one out on the edge who can be a better pass rusher,I did not see that much in Sundays game. Besides Cb and WR that would just add some really good depth to our defense. But it all comes down to bpa when will pick in April. But I'm not worried about it right now. We are making a strong run at the post season and it will be a fun end of the season.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Well i really think we could use another good DE or DT because of depth.It would be nice to some one out on the edge who can be a better pass rusher,I did not see that much in Sundays game. Besides Cb and WR that would just add some really good depth to our defense. But it all comes down to bpa when will pick in April. But I'm not worried about it right now. We are making a strong run at the post season and it will be a fun end of the season.
The depth is great. The starting three have been arguably the best in football this year. Behind them RJF has pickd it up this year, and before getting injured Will Tukuafu was playing very well. Demarcus Dobbs also looked like a man child in the pre season depth is not an issue. Pass rushers on the edge? They just took one this year who's having a great rookie year, and Ahmad Brooks is having his best year as a pro by far. Neither of those are issues.

In the draft CB, S, WR, OG, C are positions that need to be addressed. There is no reason for a the Niners to go D-line in the first round. The only way I it would be a good pick is if they were able to snag Jared Crick in the second if he falls due to his injury.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can never have too many good d-linemen
Old 11-15-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
You can never have too many good d-linemen
You can say that about the O-Line and every other position, except for P, K, FB, and LS.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need to draft a DB....i woudn't be opposed to adding more pass rush, ever.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
we need to draft a DB....i woudn't be opposed to adding more pass rush, ever.
I dont see CB as a need. Maybe later on but if we re-sign Rodgers, we have him and Brown back with a good young CBs in Brock and Culliver behind them. And don't forget Nelms on the PS. Coaches seem to really like he's potential. Goldson and R. Smith will be FAs so probably need some young depth to groom at FS, but that's about it. For the first time in a LONG time, the CBs aren't really a concern. Like another poster said, you can never have enough pass-rush. But i think we need a tall, vertical threat in the passing game. A legit deep ball WR to take the offense to the next level.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
You can say that about the O-Line and every other position, except for P, K, FB, and LS.
False. The long snapping position is one that requires depth and draft picks. He's clearly the most important player on the team!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I hope our coordinators don't get snatched up after just one season with us. Hopefully our staff can stay together at least for two years.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I hope our coordinators don't get snatched up after just one season with us. Hopefully our staff can stay together at least for two years.
That's the only downside to winning; everyone wants your coaches