Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-08-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Momentum my azz. That didnt stop the Saints from throwing for 5 TDs in the second half. Could have been more but they called the dogs off those last two posesssions. We'll just have to agree to disagree Dan. But you sound like all those Steeler fans who were saying that they got hosed on Monday Night when we played them. A couple of calls here and there isnt why the Lions lost. Its not like they were the far superior team who lost a close one to a weaker team. Maybe then I could see those calls being a factor. They lost because they were the inferior team. And the Saints won going away. We just don't see eye to eye on this one.
Fine...we'll agree to disagree.

To others.....give me a break. We've all seen a lot of games where the home team gets breaks and calls to go their way and majority of the time, helps that team win so dont say that never happens because it does and more times than you realize.

And im not making excuses if we lose fair and square. If we lose because of ********, i'll call it as such because thats what it is.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are your linebackers in coverage? The Saints offense runs through their tight ends and runningbacks. If you can contain them I like your chances
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playoff Gameday Thread is up!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
How are your linebackers in coverage? The Saints offense runs through their tight ends and runningbacks. If you can contain them I like your chances
All NFL LBs can be beaten because it's a natural mismatch but I'll say this...

Coverage is a big part of why Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman are First Team All-Pro's!!!

The scary thing... Larry Grant (their backup) is the best of the three, in coverage.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or probably the other way around. Or maybe you want to check the stats from Alex's victory over the G-Men and Ryan's blowout loss to them. Ryan is severly overated. And I didnt need his showing today to let me know that. He's just been surrounded by better coaching for a longer period. You put Ryan in this offense and he is no better than Smith. I firmly believe that.
Believe what you want man. Chris Redman doesn't do the same thing that Ryan does when he is in there, despite the talent and coaching. Oh and using Alex's game against the Giants at home to try and prove a point is pretty dumb. Regardless of the home field advantage, have you never seen a worse quarterback have a good game against a good team and a better quarterback have a bad game against the very same team?

Kyle Orton lit up the Packers this year, and Stafford looked horrible against them the first time when he played their starters. Doesn't mean Orton is a better quarterback or on the same level as Stafford.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
White and Jones, maybe, but Gonzo was already a Hall of Famer. White was also pretty good with Harrington and Redman at QB in 2007.
You can't just plug in random quarterbacks though regardless of the talent around you. You still need a guy in there to have pocket presence, good instincts, and accurate throwing. This is why Jaime Martin sucked with the Rams when he replaced Marc Bugler despite having Holt and Bruce on the outside with Jackson in the backfield. Or the same reason Cody Carlson sucked when Warren Moon left the Oilers despite having guys like Jeffires, Givens, and Slaughter in a pass happy offense that was successful for the previous seven or so years.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Or the same reason Cody Carlson sucked when Warren Moon left the Oilers despite having guys like Jeffires, Givens, and Slaughter in a pass happy offense that was successful for the previous seven or so years.
Those Oiler teams were so much fun to watch.

Sorry. Carry on with the never-ending Alex Smith debate.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Believe what you want man. Chris Redman doesn't do the same thing that Ryan does when he is in there, despite the talent and coaching. Oh and using Alex's game against the Giants at home to try and prove a point is pretty dumb. Regardless of the home field advantage, have you never seen a worse quarterback have a good game against a good team and a better quarterback have a bad game against the very same team?

Kyle Orton lit up the Packers this year, and Stafford looked horrible against them the first time when he played their starters. Doesn't mean Orton is a better quarterback or on the same level as Stafford.
Of course Chris Redman doesn't do what Ryan does, he isnt a good QB...duh. Just because I say he's overated doesn't mean he isn't better than Redman. Orton lit up the Packers? No, his team beat them. His stat line that game was ok. Not spectacular, not great. You don't need a great game from your QB to beat a team with a great QB. I'm going by what I've seen from Ryan's personal performance when I've watched him play. I've been less than impressed.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can't just plug in random quarterbacks though regardless of the talent around you. You still need a guy in there to have pocket presence, good instincts, and accurate throwing. This is why Jaime Martin sucked with the Rams when he replaced Marc Bugler despite having Holt and Bruce on the outside with Jackson in the backfield. Or the same reason Cody Carlson sucked when Warren Moon left the Oilers despite having guys like Jeffires, Givens, and Slaughter in a pass happy offense that was successful for the previous seven or so years.
My point is that the players around Ryan are better than those around Smith and that they have shown as much when playing without Ryan.
abaddon41_80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Of course Chris Redman doesn't do what Ryan does, he isnt a good QB...duh. Just because I say he's overated doesn't mean he isn't better than Redman. Orton lit up the Packers? No, his team beat them. His stat line that game was ok. Not spectacular, not great. You don't need a great game from your QB to beat a team with a great QB. I'm going by what I've seen from Ryan's personal performance when I've watched him play. I've been less than impressed.
Throwing for 299 yards and completing the majority of your passes while not turning the ball over isn't lighting up a team? I guess we have different parameters then. Whatever. You know how I feel about Ryan so that's that.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Those Oiler teams were so much fun to watch.

Sorry. Carry on with the never-ending Alex Smith debate.
The Run N' Shoot needs to come back. I miss the Moon Man.

And those Oiler uniforms were awesome.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Run N' Shoot needs to come back. I miss the Moon Man.

And those Oiler uniforms were awesome.
Houston was my "other" team that I only passively rooted for. Loved their talent level. Alas, they were a big disappointment in the end.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Houston was my "other" team that I only passively rooted for. Loved their talent level. Alas, they were a big disappointment in the end.
I root for the Texans out of spite of Cowboys fans.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

I'm watching the National Championship game and I feel like the 9ers are playing the 9ers. It's just a ******** of field goals and awesome defense.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
That team never made it past the divisional round in the playoffs. And they made it seven straight times. Dome teams in the playoffs.

Hmm...

Quote:
Old 01-10-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

30 years ago today.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp

boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm watching the National Championship game and I feel like the 9ers are playing the 9ers. It's just a ******** of field goals and awesome defense.
Alabama is VERY similar to Harbaugh's Niners. Both O and D. Similar multiple shifts and everything.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Glanville's Oilers were my favorite team to root for outside of the 49ers.

Was easily one of my favorite non-49ers who ever played. Certainly didn't hurt that his DBs coach was Nick Saban.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be a long hell of week until our game on Sat. I'll miss the first half sadly gr to working .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck in the game this weekend!

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 01-14-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

been a minute since i last was on...AWESOME game yesterday!

updated my mock out of boredom:

1. janoris jenkins -
rogers has been lights out and is a free agent plus spencer may not be back
2. kendall wright -
need a deep threat
3. derek wolfe - de
smith is getting older - time to groom someone for the future
4. trumaine johnson - s
5. scott wedige - c
6. mike ryan - ot
7. jarret lee - qb
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jenkins SHOULD be long gone before we pick. Kendall Wright will not last till the 2nd round.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Jenkins SHOULD be long gone before we pick. Kendall Wright will not last till the 2nd round.
Yeah, Jenkins and Wright would be a dream. Unfortunately they're both likely to be gone before the 49ers pick at #32.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Im hoping Wright falls to us..but his stock is already soaring.
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Elias: Alex Smith gave the 49ers a lead with a 28-yard run with 2:11 remaining in the fourth quarter, and then gave his team its final lead by hitting Vernon Davis on a 14-yard touchdown pass with just nine seconds remaining in San Francisco's 36-32 win over New Orleans. Smith became the first player in NFL history to score a go-ahead touchdown and to throw a go-ahead touchdown pass (in either order) in the fourth quarter of the same postseason game - much less to do both of those things with so little time remaining in the quarter.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote