Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-29-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan every time you talk about Owens/Moss, Jesus kills a kitten.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Dan every time you talk about Owens/Moss, Jesus kills a kitten.
Awesome!!! I ******* hate kittens. Meowing all ******* night keeping my ass awake. Owens Moss Owens Moss Owens Moss Owens Moss Owens Moss. There we go. Ten more kittens killed. I should be able to sleep peacefully now. LMFAO.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like you need to invest in some kitten mittens.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Sounds like you need to invest in some kitten mittens.
Is that a fancy term for plastic bags?
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Random fact: Jim Harbaugh was charged with a DUI when he was coach at San Diego. I know a lot of the Stanford alumni were really angry they hired a guy coming off a DUI.

Quote:
For all of his fire, passion and throwback bravado, Harbaugh has stumbled, nearly to the detriment of his career. Early one Sunday morning in October 2005, he ran a stop sign, was stopped, arrested and charged with suspicion of drunken driving. He later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and was sentenced to three years probation and given a $1,300 fine. During an interview with Stanford in April, Harbaugh mentioned the DUI before being asked about it. “I've brought that up with my players a few times,” he said. “I think that's made me a better counselor than I was before. The way I coached guys before that happened it was like, 'Why can't you get it?' 'Why can't you get it right?' 'You did this wrong, now fix it!' I was so much more of a perfectionist, to a fault. But I gained some understanding. In many ways it made me a better person, a better coach, a better counselor.”
www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2008/sepoct/features/harbaugh.html
Old 01-29-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Jimbaugh loves his red marker. Just noticed it in that pic way back when...
VAfy-ya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I didnt bring up Owens/Moss. I brought up the argument of a player being an asshole in the locker room compared to a player to was arrested. Doesnt matter who the player(s) are. My argument is that I believe getting arrested is far worse than being an asshole but again, thats just my own personal opinion.

And you obviously care enough to keep replying to me bringing it up. Funny how that works, huh? LOL.
I wasn't the one that said I was done talking about it though. You were. You brought something completely irrelevant in an attempt to segway into what was previously being talked about in regards to Moss and Owens. Nice try in hiding that though.

Your quote:

Quote:
Since Aldon was arrested last night with DUI, we should release him. After all, he's now going to be considered a potential problem and we cant have potential problems on our beloved 49ers, now can we???
Yeah you were clearly done talking about it. Not like players being considered potential problems had anything to do with the previous discussion of Moss and Owens that was being discussed before you said you were done talking about it. No not at all.

You didn't even have to use the names of Owens and Moss for the other posters to pick up on what you were eluding to.

Funny how you didn't say that you weren't talking about Moss and Owens when VAfy-ya replied to that quote I just posted here. In your response you made no qualms about it. But now that I caught you here, you deny you were trying to bring up Owens and Moss again? What because you didn't use their names or use an irrelevant topic matter to try and segway into that? VAfy-ya called you out on what situation A had to do with situation B and you went into a long post about how they were connected.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-29-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I wasn't the one that said I was done talking about it though. You were. You brought something completely irrelevant in an attempt to segway into what was previously being talked about in regards to Moss and Owens. Nice try in hiding that though.

Your quote:

Yeah you were clearly done talking about it. Not like players being considered potential problems had anything to do with the previous discussion of Moss and Owens that was being discussed before you said you were done talking about it. No not at all.

You didn't even have to use the names of Owens and Moss for the other posters to pick up on what you were eluding to.

Funny how you didn't say that you weren't talking about Moss and Owens when VAfy-ya replied to that quote I just posted here. In your response you made no qualms about it. But now that I caught you here, you deny you were trying to bring up Owens and Moss again? What because you didn't use their names or use an irrelevant topic matter to try and segway into that? VAfy-ya called you out on what situation A had to do with situation B and you went into a long post about how they were connected.
I didnt mention Owens/Moss by name because I didnt mean them personally, I meant in general. Trust me, if I meant Owens/Moss, I would ******* say their name. I just dont like how people here think that getting arrested for whatever reason isnt worse than being an asshole in a locker room which is more times than not, full of egomaniac assholes but thanks for telling me what I meant to say when im sure you know by now that if I have something to say, I will say it and dont give a **** if I piss you or anyone else off.

My point is that if you dont want a player who's an asshole, why would you want a player who just got arrested and who knows, what happens if he becomes a problem in that regard? You dont know, this could just be the start of his problems because its apparent that he has a drinking and driving problem which is probably used to cover up some other potential problem like most people.

Bottom line is that BOTH affect the team period. If Smith is found guilty and gets suspended by the league for a few games, how would that NOT affect the team on the field? Come on. Whats really sad isnt the argument that we're having, but the argument that getting arrested isnt worse than being an asshole in the locker room is beyond sad because it shows me that you dont care if a player gets arrested as long as he's not an asshole in the locker room.

Also, if it was some crapper or nobody, this guy would have been released already which is also funny because it shows that management is just like you. We cant have an asshole who ruins team chemistry but lets keep a guy who was just arrested and hope he isnt guilty and gets suspended which would also screw up the team's chemistry.

Quite simply, its a double standard which is bullcrap. If you dont want a player who's an asshole, why the hell would you want a player who just got arrested? Seriously, all you guys here who argue this quite simply doesnt make any sense to me because there's no comparision in regards to which is worse. Getting arrested for whatever reason is far worse than just being an asshole.

But hey, you keep thinking whatever you want and I'll do the same.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didnt mention Owens/Moss by name because I didnt mean them personally, I meant in general. Trust me, if I meant Owens/Moss, I would ******* say their name. I just dont like how people here think that getting arrested for whatever reason isnt worse than being an asshole in a locker room which is more times than not, full of egomaniac assholes but thanks for telling me what I meant to say when im sure you know by now that if I have something to say, I will say it and dont give a **** if I piss you or anyone else off.

My point is that if you dont want a player who's an asshole, why would you want a player who just got arrested and who knows, what happens if he becomes a problem in that regard? You dont know, this could just be the start of his problems because its apparent that he has a drinking and driving problem which is probably used to cover up some other potential problem like most people.

Bottom line is that BOTH affect the team period. If Smith is found guilty and gets suspended by the league for a few games, how would that NOT affect the team on the field? Come on. Whats really sad isnt the argument that we're having, but the argument that getting arrested isnt worse than being an asshole in the locker room is beyond sad because it shows me that you dont care if a player gets arrested as long as he's not an asshole in the locker room.

Also, if it was some crapper or nobody, this guy would have been released already which is also funny because it shows that management is just like you. We cant have an asshole who ruins team chemistry but lets keep a guy who was just arrested and hope he isnt guilty and gets suspended which would also screw up the team's chemistry.

Quite simply, its a double standard which is bullcrap. If you dont want a player who's an asshole, why the hell would you want a player who just got arrested? Seriously, all you guys here who argue this quite simply doesnt make any sense to me because there's no comparision in regards to which is worse. Getting arrested for whatever reason is far worse than just being an asshole.

But hey, you keep thinking whatever you want and I'll do the same.
Every situation is different, which is something that you are forgetting. You are acting like A + B = C, which isn't the case. In regards to the specific players being talking about, Owens, Moss, and Smith, it's as clear as day as to what alternatives a fan would rather have for their team, well at least to most fans.

Aldon Smith was booked at around 9am which suggest that he did in fact take a rest before heading out and probably thought he was fine, but in fact he wasn't. And you have the nerve to say something as outlandish as "it's apparent that he has a drinking and driving problem". What? Because of one incident? Did he even have these problems when he was in college? Way to reach dude.

As far as Owens and Moss are concerned, they've been causing distractions on various teams for over 10 years a piece. Whether it's contract issues, not trying on the field, or just frustrated with the team if the team isn't winning. These players have been on a combined 9 teams and not one of them has a single ring. Not surprising given their history. Not to mention one is retired and the other one is in another league because not a single NFL team would take a chance on a 39 year old receiver with baggage issues. Not even for a tryout. Everyone has seen through Owen's antics long enough and no one is biting anymore.

Aldon Smith has had one incident. Just like John Taylor had one incident in the early 90's involving cocaine. Yet that didn't become an issue. It was one and done. You can't say that Smith has a problem as far as drinking and driving are concerned when he's only had this one incident in his career. Steve McNair and Jeff Garcia had a DUI once while they were at the top of their game. Doesn't mean they were players that had off the field problems. Again, one and done. So until it becomes apparent that Aldon Smith keeps having issues off the field, then you should reserve your own judgement.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Every situation is different, which is something that you are forgetting. You are acting like A + B = C, which isn't the case. In regards to the specific players being talking about, Owens, Moss, and Smith, it's as clear as day as to what alternatives a fan would rather have for their team, well at least to most fans.

Aldon Smith was booked at around 9am which suggest that he did in fact take a rest before heading out and probably thought he was fine, but in fact he wasn't. And you have the nerve to say something as outlandish as "it's apparent that he has a drinking and driving problem". What? Because of one incident? Did he even have these problems when he was in college? Way to reach dude.

As far as Owens and Moss are concerned, they've been causing distractions on various teams for over 10 years a piece. Whether it's contract issues, not trying on the field, or just frustrated with the team if the team isn't winning. These players have been on a combined 9 teams and not one of them has a single ring. Not surprising given their history. Not to mention one is retired and the other one is in another league because not a single NFL team would take a chance on a 39 year old receiver with baggage issues. Not even for a tryout. Everyone has seen through Owen's antics long enough and no one is biting anymore.

Aldon Smith has had one incident. Just like John Taylor had one incident in the early 90's involving cocaine. Yet that didn't become an issue. It was one and done. You can't say that Smith has a problem as far as drinking and driving are concerned when he's only had this one incident in his career. Steve McNair and Jeff Garcia had a DUI once while they were at the top of their game. Doesn't mean they were players that had off the field problems. Again, one and done. So until it becomes apparent that Aldon Smith keeps having issues off the field, then you should reserve your own judgement.
Fair enough.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a thought I'm just throwing out there, but what if we bring in Peyton Hillis? Everyone is getting worried about Gore, and Hillis brings that power-running style that Harbaugh loves. I also think that we could get good value for him coming off his injury.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Here's a thought I'm just throwing out there, but what if we bring in Peyton Hillis? Everyone is getting worried about Gore, and Hillis brings that power-running style that Harbaugh loves. I also think that we could get good value for him coming off his injury.
Not really a fan of big backs his size. Once they lose any speed they already have, they are an easy target and start to average 3.0 yards per carry. I'd rather take my chances with an undrafted rookie around Gore's build. Wouldn't mind a little more height though. No thanks to Hillis. We already have a bruiser in Dixon.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Hell no. His work ethic sucks and he didnt even try to get healthy this year until what? December? No thanks, let him stay in CLE.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would prefer to grab a RB through the draft instead of paying for one on the market. You never know how much trend is left on the tires and you will probably have to overpay for a guy like Hillis. You take a look at the top 5 rushers this season and where they were draft:

1. MJD: 2nd Round, Pick 60
2. Ray Rice: 2nd Round, Pick 55
3. Michael Turner: 5th Round, Pick 154
4. LeSean McCoy: 2nd Round, Pick 53
5. Arian Foster: Undrafted

49ers pick so late in round 2 I could easily see them grabbing a RB at that spot if there is value there.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big NO to Peyton Hillis. I still think he milked that injury because he was upset about not getting a new deal. Guys like that deserve to rot right where they are, not get rewarded by coming to a winner. Plus, Im never for signing RBs on the open market or trading for them unless its for cheap as back-up/depth......or unless their names are Forte or Foster. Seriously though, there are a rare few who I would go this route to get and Hillis defintely aint one of them.

Too many good, young studs in every draft and UDFAs to be paying guys who have alot of miles on their powertrain already. Find you a diamond in the rough. We always seem to. Think about our backfield if Blount had signed with us like he planned? Scary.....

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-30-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Not really a fan of big backs his size. Once they lose any speed they already have, they are an easy target and start to average 3.0 yards per carry. I'd rather take my chances with an undrafted rookie around Gore's build. Wouldn't mind a little more height though. No thanks to Hillis. We already have a bruiser in Dixon.
If only Dixon ran like it...
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not very high in bringing in Hillis but I could see the Niners going in a different direction for a big back, cutting Dixon. Wouldn't shock me at all as he seemed to be in the doghouse early and really only played a little more on special teams (making some good tackles) as the season rolled on.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you guys for the most part, but if Hillis could, at worst, become a dominant short yardage threat, that would make it worth it for me. The Niners really need to figure out ways to cure the third down issues, and bringing in a big back to help move the chains would be a huge upgrade.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Polk would not be a shocking pick.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with you guys for the most part, but if Hillis could, at worst, become a dominant short yardage threat, that would make it worth it for me. The Niners really need to figure out ways to cure the third down issues, and bringing in a big back to help move the chains would be a huge upgrade.
I agree with your philosophy but Hillis isn't the answer, as the role you're describing could possibly be filled for him, but the price would be too high for the value/role he would be providing.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Chris Polk would not be a shocking pick.
This or days.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I honestly dont think its a RB problem. We really haven't had the horses upfront to blow people off the ball since the '06 crew with Jonas Jennings, Larry Allen, Justin Smiley, and the legend himself, Kwame Harris. We averaged a whopping 4.9 yards a carry that year and although most ppl(including myself) gave Harris grief as being a horrible pass-protector, that unit gave up the least amount of sacks in Alex's career, only giving up 35 sacks that year. That was one good run-blocking team. And that was the best play-calling since Shanahan was our OC. Norv was outstanding, especially on 3rd downs. We haven't had even decent play-calling since. Play-calling also has alot to do with our running woes as well. Norv always seemed to call the perfect run against the right defense, at the right time. He just had a grest sense of timing.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-31-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I honestly dont think its a RB problem. We really haven't had the horses upfront to blow people off the ball since the '07 crew with Jonas Jennings, Larry Allen, Justin Smiley, and the legend himself, Kwame Harris. We averaged a whopping 4.9 yards a carry that year and although most ppl(including myself) gave Harris grief as being a horrible pass-protector, that unit gave up the least amount of sacks in Alex's career, only giving up 35 sacks that year. That was one good run-blocking team. And that was the best play-calling since Shanahan was our OC. Norv was outstanding, especially on 3rd downs. We haven't had even decent play-calling since. Play-calling also has alot to do with our running woes as well. Norv always seemed to call the perfect run against the right defense, at the right time. He just had a grest sense of timing.
Hmmmm, I think you mean 2006 bud.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hmmmm, I think you mean 2006 bud.
Yea, dont why i said 2007....that was one disappointing suck-ass year.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I honestly dont think its a RB problem. We really haven't had the horses upfront to blow people off the ball since the '06 crew with Jonas Jennings, Larry Allen, Justin Smiley, and the legend himself, Kwame Harris. We averaged a whopping 4.9 yards a carry that year and although most ppl(including myself) gave Harris grief as being a horrible pass-protector, that unit gave up the least amount of sacks in Alex's career, only giving up 35 sacks that year. That was one good run-blocking team. And that was the best play-calling since Shanahan was our OC. Norv was outstanding, especially on 3rd downs. We haven't had even decent play-calling since. Play-calling also has alot to do with our running woes as well. Norv always seemed to call the perfect run against the right defense, at the right time. He just had a grest sense of timing.
49ers were still terrible on third downs in 2006. Doesn't matter how good the playcalling is, until you get good quarterback play, someone who can throw the ball into tight windows and press the trigger when it's needed with success, you won't consistently move the chains. At some point you just need good players. Smoke and mirrors on offense only goes so far.

Alex needs to take the next step in 2012. Getting him some better targets will help, but at the end of the day it is still going to fall on his shoulders to move the chains. He has to make the throws. He has to be the one to rise up with the team isn't have a good day overall. And that's how it should be. He still hasn't had a game where he has dominated an opponent for four straight quarters. Drops by receivers, bad offensive line play, and bad playcalling won't be an excuse for him next year.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-31-2012 at 04:10 PM.