Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-13-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Adam Schefter : Niners pursuing cornerback Eric Wright.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Who cares if Dan is happy or not.
Excatly. I knew when I logged in, the first thing I was gonna read was Dan complaining. I mean who didn't know Dan wasnt going to be happy a whole 2 hours into free agency. Like Cox and Moss have been penciled in as starters or something. Most of us knew this might happen.....other teams would going buckwild with deals and we would sit back and take a wait and see approach. I'm really bummed about losing Morgan but I figured he was gone when we didn't get a deal done before the start of free agency. Life goes on. Still some guys on the market Im hoping we look at to replace him.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Per Adam Schefter : Niners pursuing cornerback Eric Wright.
YES!!! That guy has potential. He or Aaron Ross would be ideal guys to bring in as cheaper alternatives to Rogers. Still want Jason Allen too. Just waiting to hear Niners are pursuing Meacheam and Schillens ;)

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-13-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter reports 49ers jumping in head first to sign Brandon Carr.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
YES!!! That guy has potential. He or Aaron Ross would be ideal guys to bring in as cheaper alternatives to Rogers. Just waiting to hear Niners are pursuing Meacheam and Schillens ;)
Meachem visiting Buffalo today and Schillens visiting the Cardinals.

From Maiocco the Niners are all in on Eric Wright and a decision could come in the next 12 hours.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Barrows reports Niners have shown interest in Schilens.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Wright and Brandon Carr that would mean that Rogers was demanding too much or they feel we could get better/younger. Guess Carr could be asking more money than Baalke wants to give but would be a great signing.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

If we sign Carr I would be estatic. Like Wright but love Carr. That guy is a bonafide stud. And taking him from the Jerry Jones would make it that much sweeter. Kinda sucks Schillens is visting the Tards. At least we're showing interest though. C'mon Meacheam, forget Buffalo. Take a trip out west....
Old 03-13-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wright would be HUGE
Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumours say Costanzo has 2 offers on table neither of them from the 49ers:(
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Castonzo won't be back.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Excatly. I knew when I logged in, the first thing I was gonna read was Dan complaining. I mean who didn't know Dan wasnt going to be happy a whole 2 hours into free agency. Like Cox and Moss have been penciled in as starters or something. Most of us knew this might happen.....other teams would going buckwild with deals and we would sit back and take a wait and see approach. I'm really bummed about losing Morgan but I figured he was gone when we didn't get a deal done before the start of free agency. Life goes on. Still some guys on the market Im hoping we look at to replace him.
Hmmm......I didnt know. LOL.

And like I give a crap if anyone here is happy or not happy or anyone here cares if im happy or not. I get pissed but screw it, none of the money is going in my pocket so whatever.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signing Carr would be great but I guess that means Culliver wont be a starter. Prefer Ross over Wright but whatever, it doesnt matter. Surprised they're letting Costanzo leave as I would keep him but oh well.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Carr and I'm excited they are targeting him. Wright it a backup plan to Carr I believe and if Carr doesn't sign right away for the value they have him at, they will go with Wright.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Jackson signed with TB. 5 yrs/$55.5m with $26m guaranteed. Thats less than what I thought he would get not that I had any interest in him.

Garcon signed with WSH. 5 yrs/$42.5m. $8m+ per year. For a 25 year old, thats not bad and I honestly dont think that they overpaid him.

But here's what surprises me - Morgan signed a 5 year/$12m contract. Is that right? $2.4m a season? That cant be right.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

If we sign Wright, I hope its as the nickelback as im hoping to see Culliver start opposite Brown. I'm anxious to see how he does as a starter.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate losing Morgan. One of my favorite 49ers. Happy he gets to play in his hometown with RG3. I like that the 49ers are bringing Chaz Schillens. He is my number 1 target to replace Josh Morgan and I hope they get a deal done.

Excited that the 49ers are going after Carr. I hope he gets out of Dallas without a deal.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
But here's what surprises me - Morgan signed a 5 year/$12m contract. Is that right? $2.4m a season? That cant be right.
2 years $12 Million. $7.5 Million guaranteed.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I hate losing Morgan. One of my favorite 49ers. Happy he gets to play in his hometown with RG3. I like that the 49ers are bringing Chaz Schillens. He is my number 1 target to replace Josh Morgan and I hope they get a deal done.

Excited that the 49ers are going after Carr. I hope he gets out of Dallas without a deal.
I would love to know what the 49ers maximum offer was to Morgan. I wont comment on Schillens. The Moss contract has no guaranteed money so if he becomes a pain in the ass, we can release him without any cap hit. Only negative is if that happens, we'll be in the same situation a year from now.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Oh....okay. My mistake. I knew that didnt seem right. $6m a year. Okay, now I know why he left. LOL.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Signing Carr would be great but I guess that means Culliver wont be a starter. Prefer Ross over Wright but whatever, it doesnt matter. Surprised they're letting Costanzo leave as I would keep him but oh well.
Depth is never a bad thing, and the team will be running a lot of nickel next season (Packers, Saints, Pats, Giants).
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we sign Wright, I hope its as the nickelback as im hoping to see Culliver start opposite Brown. I'm anxious to see how he does as a starter.
Culliver was matched up against #1s for most of the second half of the season. Most notably against Calvin Johnson.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Finnegan got $10 Million per from the Rams. Ouch. That'll make Brandon Carr damn pricey.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
When are you ever happy?
Dan was spotted being happy over in the playoff game vs the Saints thread. Seriously. I went back and checked!

Cheer up, Dan. This team will be fine.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlos Rogers is coming back to San Francisco. Per Jason Cole:

Quote:
CB Carlos Rogers about to re-sign with SF. Deal will avg about $7.3 mill per yea.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote