Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-13-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Rogers over Carr? Just curious, why?
Because we know he works in this system for sure. My only problem with him is his trouble against quicker receivers with deep speed like Victor Cruz. Regardless, he makes plays. And his age is a disadvantage.

Carr might not work out with the 49ers. One one player goes to a different system they might flop. Obviously that shouldn't stop a team from pursuing a player, but we already had a good corner on our team with a lot left in the tank. He's not even 31 yet.

According to Pro Football Focus, most of Carr's good games came against teams with really bad quarterback situations.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Well because he's due to make 2.8 million this year and this is his final year under contract. Aldon looks like he has been earmarked to play 3 downs this year so that makes Parys expendable. We could sdraft a mid and late round OLB for depth or even sign a league minimum OLB and draft one OLB to fill out the position.

It's nice to have Parys for one more year but if Trent needs more cap room at any point Parys will have to be considered.
Haralson has two years left on his contract. And in case Aldon struggles early as a starter, Haralson can step right in and they can repeat 2011.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Because we know he works in this system for sure. My only problem with him is his trouble against quicker receivers with deep speed like Victor Cruz. Regardless, he makes plays. And his age is a disadvantage.

Carr might not work out with the 49ers. One one player goes to a different system they might flop. Obviously that shouldn't stop a team from pursuing a player, but we already had a good corner on our team with a lot left in the tank. He's not even 31 yet.

According to Pro Football Focus, most of Carr's good games came against teams with really bad quarterback situations.
Okay, fair enough. I was just curious.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Rodgers deal is likely to kill your dreams of Wallace Dan. Unless they let Alex walk......
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haralson has two years left on his contract. And in case Aldon struggles early as a starter, Haralson can step right in and they can repeat 2011.
Correct, 2.8 mill for two years not one as I mistakenly posted. Still is a lot of money for a backup IMO but Aldon still being somewhat of an unknown quantity on base downs does give Parys above average value.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Was hoping Meachem might be had for 4 million but after today's signings it doesn't look likely....
Old 03-13-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
This Rodgers deal is likely to kill your dreams of Wallace Dan. Unless they let Alex walk......
That dream was never going to be a reality and officially died after they signed Moss last night. Obviously, im not happy and all I will say is that Baalke/Harbaugh better hope and pray that the decisions they've made so far dont bite them in the ass in 2012.

Quote:
Correct, 2.8 mill for two years not one as I mistakenly posted. Still is a lot of money for a backup IMO but Aldon still being somewhat of an unknown quantity on base downs does give Parys above average value.
Exactly. Expensive as a backup but with Aldon only in his second season and his first full off-season, releasing Haralson would be a mistake in my opinion. A rookie wouldnt be able to replace Aldon if he struggles and while a cheaper veteran backup is a possibility, I dont think they'll sign an OLB period. Do see them drafting an OLB for special teams though.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

This is not counting the Rodgers contract. Via ninercaphell.com

2012 Cap Space with Top 51 Rule $18,751,104
Old 03-13-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the list...

Alex Smith
Ted Ginn
Adam Snyder

Reggie Smith
Madieu Williams
Chilo Rachal
Moran Norris
Justin Peelle
Brett Swain

Can we sign those three? Everyone else is done.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
This is not counting the Rodgers contract. Via ninercaphell.com

2012 Cap Space with Top 51 Rule $18,751,104
Have to wait and see how much Rogers first year salary is. I would expect that the base will be low and the bonus to be high. After re-signing Smith, I would expect them to be done until pre-season.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Here's the list...

Alex Smith
Ted Ginn
Adam Snyder

Reggie Smith
Madieu Williams
Chilo Rachal
Moran Norris
Justin Peelle
Brett Swain

Can we sign those three? Everyone else is done.
I think they let Snyder and Ginn leave. Cox returned kicks/punts and with them re-signing Rogers, im going to assume thats the real reason they signed Cox. Probably will draft a WR or DB mid rounds who can also return kicks and punts.

Smith will probably be the last signing. Its funny, the guy I fully expected to be the first player signed looks to be the last. LOL.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Adam Snyder isn't resigned there are ZERO players on the roster to have ever taken a snap at guard. And only ONE to have ever taken a snap at center.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
If Adam Snyder isn't resigned there are ZERO players on the roster to have ever taken a snap at guard. And only ONE to have ever taken a snap at center.
I'm aware of that but dont yell at me. Snyder was on my re-sign wish list. Could still be re-signed but you figure Smith would get around $10m and then add Rogers, I dont think they'll be able to re-sign Snyder but if it makes you feel any better, I hope they do.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm aware of that but dont yell at me. Snyder was on my re-sign wish list. Could still be re-signed but you figure Smith would get around $10m and then add Rogers, I dont think they'll be able to re-sign Snyder but if it makes you feel any better, I hope they do.
Relax buddly. Not yellin at you. Just emphasis for importance.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Gotta get Spencer's 3.3 million off the books. We could probably get Snyder for around that much.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Relax buddly. Not yellin at you. Just emphasis for importance.
Dont need to do that. I know he's important to re-sign. I wouldnt have had him on my re-sign wish list if he wasnt.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

I wouldn't throw in the towel on Ginn yet either, I don't think their will be much of a market about the minimum for him but we'll see.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Gotta get Spencer's 3.3 million off the books. We could probably get Snyder for around that much.
Agreed. Surprised they havent released him yet. Maybe they're trying to trade him or are waiting to see if Manning goes to ARZ and may keep him. Either way, im surprised he's not gone already.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Blake will get 2 million over 2 years with a 400k signing bonus.The fact that we did not match may show how tight Trent feels our cap will be next year.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Blake will get 2 million over 2 years with a 400k signing bonus.The fact that we did not match may show how tight Trent feels our cap will be next year.
Costanzo was a UFA.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Costanzo was a UFA.
By match I mean that Blake wanted to stay here and if the niners would have matched the offer he likely would have stayed. I know that Blake did not have to let anybody match an offer....
Old 03-13-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I would have easily matched that offer for Blake. Definitely worth it in my opinion. Next year, the cap is expected to increase to $150m so I dont think $1m for 2013 would have hurt whatsoever. Surprised they let him leave. Oh well.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Great guy, very touching goodbyes via his twitter account. He will be missed.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kilgore and Person had a FULL SEASON playing inside at gaurd. This was basically their redshirt year, and I expect them to be prepared once the season starts. Baalke gets to see these guys practice every day, so he knows if we need help there or not.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Meachem just agreed to a 4 year deal with the chargers :(