Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-18-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was awesome to see the 49ers land Manningham. I thought for sure the Rams had him locked up. Baalke/Harbaugh have done a great job establishing depth at the weakest position. The 3 WR set of Moss, Manningham, and Crabtree looks potent on paper.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Alex getting screwed by SF? He TURNED DOWN the team's 3-year offer. It was reportedly an INCREASE in salary from this past year. It sounded like a fair offer. He screwed himself.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
How is Alex getting screwed by SF? He TURNED DOWN the team's 3-year offer. It was reportedly an INCREASE in salary from this past year. It sounded like a fair offer. He screwed himself.
Price increase does not mean it is a fair offer especially coming off the heels of the Fitzpatrick and Sanchez extensions. If it is true that 49ers and Smith were $5 million a part we are only talking $1.5 million increase over 3 years, which is reasonable for the position he plays. I just think he took really bad advice from his agent who didn't look out for his best interest. At least that is my opinion.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 03-18-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

49ers have interest in Mike Tolbert
https://twitter.com/#!/UTKevinAcee/s...85456694394880

There is a signing I would really like. Big athletic back who can play special teams as well.

49ers could be replacing one former Oregon lineman with another.
Quote:
RT @GeoffSchwartz74: Great time in Portland. Now back to CLT for the night. Then to visit Min on Mon and SF on Tuesday.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 03-18-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
I just think he took really bad advice from his agent who didn't look out for his best interest. At least that is my opinion.
I agree with this opinion. I think Alex got ****** over by his agent.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
49ers have interest in Mike Tolbert
https://twitter.com/#!/UTKevinAcee/s...85456694394880

There is a signing I would really like. Big athletic back who can play special teams as well.

49ers could be replacing one former Oregon lineman with another.
I would love a Tolbert signing, though I have no idea how the RBs would play out in that's the case. Most likely they would keep 4 and there would be a 3-4 player battle for the last two spots. I really like Tolbert either way though.
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Alex visiting Seattle next: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-seahawks.html
Old 03-18-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldnt be surprised if SEA sign Smith and Flynn goes to MIA. If that happens, Baalke/Harbaugh BETTER get Manning. If not, can you say "rebuilding"?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I can't say rebuilding. Do you want to tear the team apart?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No...but if they dont get Manning and lose Smith, by the time the QB situation gets to where it should be, everyone else on the team will be old and thus, team will have to rebuild. If they dont get either Manning or Smith, I can easily see the same thing happening with Kaepernick that happened with Smith back in 2005. Just wouldnt be surprised if this all blows up in Baalke and Harbaugh's faces.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
If they dont get either Manning or Smith, I can easily see the same thing happening with Kaepernick that happened with Smith back in 2005. Just wouldnt be surprised if this all blows up in Baalke and Harbaugh's faces.
Uh, the 2005 49ers might as well have been a practice squad, there was zero ******* talent on that team.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
Alex visiting Miami Sunday.

Baalke, your poker face better be world class.
This is now getting scary, color me worried. We have a small window with this Defense, we better have either Manning or Alex back there.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We can't trot Kap out there. If our QB situation looks like Josh Johnson, Kap, and Tolzien, we aren't going far...we might sniff the playoffs, but we can't hope to go anywhere with those guys.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
We can't trot Kap out there. If our QB situation looks like Josh Johnson, Kap, and Tolzien, we aren't going far...we might sniff the playoffs, but we can't hope to go anywhere with those guys.
Right. But if there is a hole at QB, you don't need to "rebuild." especially with a team this young and talented. If your car needs oil, you replace the oil. You don't take apart the engine.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Right. But if there is a hole at QB, you don't need to "rebuild." especially with a team this young and talented. If your car needs oil, you replace the oil. You don't take apart the engine.
By the time we get a good QB to replace Smith/Manning, the rest of the team will be old and thus, it would be rebuilding time.

Baalke/Harbaugh are taking a huge chance here and if the screw it up, I wouldnt be surprised one bit.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I agree, I dunno what dan meant by "rebuilding," I thought it meant....ehh..nevermind.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

When I said rebuilding, I meant exactly that because by the time they get a franchise QB again, thats exactly what they would have to do with the majority of the roster. Baalke/Harbaugh are taking a huge risk and love or hate my plan, at least the team would have already been set for 2012.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami might sign Alex Smith now. I think he comes back here though when it's all said and done.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Flynn to Seattle. At least we wont have to play Smith 2 times a year, whatever ends up happening.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

Worst case scenario is Manning going to Denver. If he goes to Tenn, then at least Hasslebeck would be available. So I am hoping he ends up in Tenn if not San Fran.

I still think the most likely scenario is Smith back in San Fran though.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
When I said rebuilding, I meant exactly that because by the time they get a franchise QB again, thats exactly what they would have to do with the majority of the roster. Baalke/Harbaugh are taking a huge risk and love or hate my plan, at least the team would have already been set for 2012.
I just want to try and understand your reasoning. So, basically you're saying if we don't get Manning and we don't keep Smith, then we should trade Patrick Willis and Justin Smith? That is the most absurd line of thinking I've ever heard.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I just want to try and understand your reasoning. So, basically you're saying if we don't get Manning and we don't keep Smith, then we should trade Patrick Willis and Justin Smith? That is the most absurd line of thinking I've ever heard.
Thats NOT what im saying. Im saying that if we dont get either Manning or Smith, by the time we acquire another franchise QB, players like Willis, etc. will be older, possibly at or past 30 and because of that, then, it would be time to rebuild again.

Everyone here keeps arguing with me about needing a franchise QB more than a receiver so if we dont get either Manning or Smith, it wont matter who the receivers are so what then? Trade for Tebow or Hasselbeck? No thanks.

There's just too much uncertainity and thats not a good thing. QB position should have been set already for 2012. Just worried that we dont get Manning and Smith goes elsewhere.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No...but if they dont get Manning and lose Smith, by the time the QB situation gets to where it should be, everyone else on the team will be old and thus, team will have to rebuild. If they dont get either Manning or Smith, I can easily see the same thing happening with Kaepernick that happened with Smith back in 2005. Just wouldnt be surprised if this all blows up in Baalke and Harbaugh's faces.
What are you smoking? If we lose out on both Smith and Manning, that's a prime opportunity to see what you have in CK and Tolz. You still have the draft get another QB if Harbaalke so choses. We would probably go after Josh Johnson, since he and Jimbaugh have history and we would probably sign a vet and let JJ, CK, Tolz, and the vet duke it out for the job all off-season and training camp. But it wouldnt be a time to panic. Its one position you should never worry about from a Jimbaugh coached team and thats the QB position. His track record speaks for itself. Look what he did with Alex and such a short period of time. I would be very confident in him with a entire off-season with a guy like Johnson, who has some NFL game experience. I think he could give you solid play, especially because he's thrived in Jimbaugh's system before. But to blow up a VERY talented team due to ONE position is just a horrendous suggestion.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-18-2012 at 06:01 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
What are you smoking? If we lose out on both Smith and Manning, that's a prime opportunity to see what you have in CK and Tolz. You still have the draft get another QB if Harbaalke so choses. We would probably go after Josh Johnson, since he and Jimbaugh have history and we would probably sign a vet and let JJ, CK, Tolz, and the vet duke it out for the job all off-season and training camp. But it wouldnt be a time to panic. Its one position you should never worry about from a Jimbaugh coached team and thats the QB position. His track record speaks for itself. Look what he did with Alex and such a short period of time. I would be very confident in him with a entire off-season with a guy like Johnson, who has some NFL game experience. I think he could give you solid play, especially because he's thrived in Jimbaugh's system before. But to blow up a VERY talented team due to ONE position is just a horrendous suggestion.
I dont think that any of those QB's will do better than what Smith did in 2011 and I never said to blow up the team if we lose Manning and Smith.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But I dont believe Alex turned it down. Just last week he said he had no problem with the offer. That tells me Condon told him that he could get him more and to let him try to negioate more. That left the door open for Harbaalke to kick the tires on Manning. Like WWBBD said, I think Condon gave him bad advice. I dont think he ever saw a sceniro where another QB was on their radar. So maybe you can fault Alex for listening to Condon because utlimately, you agent works for you.....you tell him what you want, not the other way around. But i think Condon totally screwed him over.....
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote