Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-19-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
On Sportscenter Mort just said that the 49ers never had a contract offer sitting out there for Smith to sign.
I don't believe that for a second. Alex himself said he had no issues with the contract on the table a couple of weeks ago. It does him no benefit to lie on behalf of the FO.

Alex will be back. He's probably a little sour they went after Manning, but did they really? They never talked money with Peyton. Im sure they believed they were a long-shot to sign Manning but it couldnt hurt to try. Alex wants to be coached by Jimbaugh. Its why he didnt sign with Miami. He could have last night but he chose to wait on Manning's decision. He wants to be a Niner, that much is clear. The question is, does Baalke still play hardball with that intial offer or does he sweeten it up a bit to appease Alex?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex's best fit is in SF and the WCO with Harbaugh but if you're Smith, you're going to now be constantly looking over your shoulder and when that happens, you play even worse then people think you are. In 2011, Smith didnt have to worry about that. Now, he does because if the team starts slow or goes on a losing streak, he has to be worried about getting benched. I dont know, its a crappy situation either way.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Payton is stupid for picking DEN over you guys. You guys are loaded on D just got moss and Mario, have Davis.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmm.....

"Contrary to previous reports, SI.com's Peter King is told free agent Alex Smith is "very serious" about the Dolphins if they're serious about him.
Translation: Show me the money. It's impossible to tell how much of this is posturing, but it's easy to see that Smith's best avenue to get the 49ers to increase their standing offer is to have the Dolphins as a serious landing spot. If common sense prevails on all sides, Smith will re-sign in San Francisco. Source: Peter King on Twitter Mar 19 - 2:37 PM"

From rotoworld.com.

If I was Alex Smith, I would be telling SF to up that offer or goodbye and good luck. If Sanchez can get an extra two million, Smith should definitely get more considering all he's gone through in SF since 2005.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah Smith is better than Sanchez, I can understand it.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Lock Baalke, Harbaugh, and Smith in a room together and play some Bon Iver to smooth things over.
HAHAHAHA this is hilarious!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what is the word on Collin Kaepernick? I'm a season ticket holder (strictly for reselling purposes) and this whole QB situation has me rather uneasy...
apb540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan, have you gone to see a doctor about possibly being bi-polar?

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, but I do play one on the interwebzzz. Also, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb540 View Post
So what is the word on Collin Kaepernick? I'm a season ticket holder (strictly for reselling purposes) and this whole QB situation has me rather uneasy...
fake fan.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Alex's best fit is in SF and the WCO with Harbaugh but if you're Smith, you're going to now be constantly looking over your shoulder and when that happens, you play even worse then people think you are. In 2011, Smith didnt have to worry about that. Now, he does because if the team starts slow or goes on a losing streak, he has to be worried about getting benched. I dont know, its a crappy situation either way.
The intial 3 year deal guaranteed he would be looking over his shoulders anyway. That wont change as long as CK is on the roster. He is the future and I think Alex understands what the dynamics of the situation are. We're giving you really, 1-2 years to see if you can futher improve under Jimbaugh. If not, we're going to hand the keys over to this young kid we ALL think very highly of.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what the hold up is. Alex should just sign the deal.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Garrard to Miami which means Alex should end up back in SF
Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Matt Maiocco:

Quote:
Hearing that Jim Harbaugh and Alex Smith are talking, ironing things out -- first step in making sure Smith remains with 49ers.
https://twitter.com/#!/MAIOCCOCSN

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hmmmm.....

"Contrary to previous reports, SI.com's Peter King is told free agent Alex Smith is "very serious" about the Dolphins if they're serious about him.
Translation: Show me the money. It's impossible to tell how much of this is posturing, but it's easy to see that Smith's best avenue to get the 49ers to increase their standing offer is to have the Dolphins as a serious landing spot. If common sense prevails on all sides, Smith will re-sign in San Francisco. Source: Peter King on Twitter Mar 19 - 2:37 PM"

From rotoworld.com.

If I was Alex Smith, I would be telling SF to up that offer or goodbye and good luck. If Sanchez can get an extra two million, Smith should definitely get more considering all he's gone through in SF since 2005.
Yeah he should totally get more than the millions upon millions of dollars he has already earned for being a number 1 pick.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Garrard is a Miami Dolphin. Bye bye any remaining Alex Smith leverage. Come take your $24M, Mr. Smith.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

So...Alex...about that whole Peyton Manning thing...

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
The intial 3 year deal guaranteed he would be looking over his shoulders anyway. That wont change as long as CK is on the roster. He is the future and I think Alex understands what the dynamics of the situation are. We're giving you really, 1-2 years to see if you can futher improve under Jimbaugh. If not, we're going to hand the keys over to this young kid we ALL think very highly of.
True but if they didnt go after Manning, that wouldnt constantly be in the back of Smith's head. Now, he'll constantly be thinking about it which is going to hurt his play on the field. I'm sorry, I just think that all the team needed to do was go get ******* Wallace, Marshall to replace Rogers and keep the majority of the rest of the team done and call it a day until the Draft. But thats just my own opinion.

As for Kaepernick, yeah, everyone is high on him, blah blah blah. Doesnt mean crap until we see him play and how he does. And since there was no off-season last year, this year is more like his rookie year. And if they're so confident with Kaepernick, why even go after Manning to begin with especially when everyone knows that they werent going to pay him close to $100m over 5 years.

To me, its been a cluster**** of an off-season and there's just no valid reason as to why it should have even come down to this in the first place.

But whatever, to each his/her own.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

That's just pathetic Dan.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True but if they didnt go after Manning, that wouldnt constantly be in the back of Smith's head. Now, he'll constantly be thinking about it which is going to hurt his play on the field.

Is that what you really think? You know the great players use that as motivation and have their greatest season ever. If the fact that he thought after 1 average season his team wouldn't kick the tires on a 1st ballot HOFer who is obviously healthy then he was a little delusional to begin with, but that seems to be a big stretch.

This is the NFL after all and guys get replaced all the time, if you get your feelings hurt because they were looking at another guy you were probably in the wrong profession to begin with. Think about how many QB's that have actually been elite, and their team drafted QB's in the 1st round(who are rookies by the way, not hall of famers), they typically go out and play better ie Drew Brees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
That's just pathetic Dan.
No...pathetic is seeing SF sign a 35 year old WR thinking thats its 2007. Pathetic is building up Alex for over a year and in a flash, throwing all of that out the window to chase a guy who wasnt going to sign here in the first place unless they gave him near $100m....Pathetic is thinking its okay to all of a sudden turn on Smith for no apparent reason and then think he should he come back...Pathetic is them adding Moss/Manningham to the WR core and thinking thats going to make a difference when its not....if anything, its only going to make things worse, especially Moss.....Pathetic is Baalke and Harbaugh for being desperate in their moves this off-season.....**** the fumbles by Williams....team was just ONE playmaking WR away from getting to the SB period...not an old washed up pain in the ass quit on the team on the field because im not getting enough passes which should be obvious since the 49ers are a running team first or a WR who's basically just another number two.....thats all pathetic my friend.

Baalke and Harbaugh didnt need to go for Manning or sign Moss or lure Manning here. No, he didnt need to do that. Get a WR who'll actually be a playmaker for the next several years so Smith can actually pass more which he can do if he's given the chance.

I just dont think that Baalke and Harbaugh needed to go the extremes that they've gone too. They have an almost complete team with the only piece thats missing being a young franchise playmaking WR. Thats it. Keep the majority of your own guys, get that playmaker, Marshall/Allen to replace Rogers and still have enough cap room going into future years while keeping your entire core intact, adding a playmaker at WR and staying young.

But again, thats my own personal opinion just like you have yours. All I know is that if SF doesnt go at least get in the playoffs, all hell will break loose. They better hope that doing all this stupid crap doesnt bite them in the ass.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

"Very serious" and "joining Dolphins" don't belong in the same sentence...
Old 03-19-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
thediggler3030
Veteran

thediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthediggler3030 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
No...pathetic is seeing SF sign a 35 year old WR thinking thats its 2007. Pathetic is building up Alex for over a year and in a flash, throwing all of that out the window to chase a guy who wasnt going to sign here in the first place unless they gave him near $100m....Pathetic is thinking its okay to all of a sudden turn on Smith for no apparent reason and then think he should he come back...Pathetic is them adding Moss/Manningham to the WR core and thinking thats going to make a difference when its not....if anything, its only going to make things worse, especially Moss.....Pathetic is Baalke and Harbaugh for being desperate in their moves this off-season.....**** the fumbles by Williams....team was just ONE playmaking WR away from getting to the SB period...not an old washed up pain in the ass quit on the team on the field because im not getting enough passes which should be obvious since the 49ers are a running team first or a WR who's basically just another number two.....thats all pathetic my friend.

Baalke and Harbaugh didnt need to go for Manning or sign Moss or lure Manning here. No, he didnt need to do that. Get a WR who'll actually be a playmaker for the next several years so Smith can actually pass more which he can do if he's given the chance.

I just dont think that Baalke and Harbaugh needed to go the extremes that they've gone too. They have an almost complete team with the only piece thats missing being a young franchise playmaking WR. Thats it. Keep the majority of your own guys, get that playmaker, Marshall/Allen to replace Rogers and still have enough cap room going into future years while keeping your entire core intact, adding a playmaker at WR and staying young.

But again, thats my own personal opinion just like you have yours. All I know is that if SF doesnt go at least get in the playoffs, all hell will break loose. They better hope that doing all this stupid crap doesnt bite them in the ass.
I come in and out of this forum, but some things never change lol.

I like your passion dan, but I think you're a bit too worked up about this. I expect Smith comes back. He really has nowhere else to go. I also don't think their pursuit of a QB that literally half the league wanted is going to shake someone that has literally been the most criticized starting QB in the league. Alex has thick skin and I think he will be fine.

Don't worry dan, it will be okay :)
thediggler3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Is that what you really think? You know the great players use that as motivation and have their greatest season ever. If the fact that he thought after 1 average season his team wouldn't kick the tires on a 1st ballot HOFer who is obviously healthy then he was a little delusional to begin with, but that seems to be a big stretch.

This is the NFL after all and guys get replaced all the time, if you get your feelings hurt because they were looking at another guy you were probably in the wrong profession to begin with. Think about how many QB's that have actually been elite, and their team drafted QB's in the 1st round(who are rookies by the way, not hall of famers), they typically go out and play better ie Drew Brees.
See, my problem with going after Manning is that it was never going to happen because Baalke was never going to pay him $100m over 5 years. Thats insane and quite honestly, no one knows how Manning is going to play when he starts taking hits on the field. Yeah, he looks great throwing on a practice field in a controlled environment but big deal, that doesnt mean crap. Signing a 35 year old WR and then Manningham in hope of luring Manning here was even more pathetic.

Look at the 49ers roster, they didnt need to go nuts. This isnt 2005. They have a complete team and yeah, people say upgrade at QB but if Harbaugh actually lets Smith play and get him a franchise WR, maybe they would have their QB.....will never know how good Smith can be in Harbaugh's offense if he doesnt take the chains off of him.

And im sick of hearing about Kaepernick because again, if he's supposed to be so great, signing Manning would have just put the Kaepernick plan on hold even longer so obviously, they're not as high on him as everyone says they are because if that was true, instead of going after a QB that you're not willing to pay what he wants anyway, you would let the second year guy start and not even go near Manning. Plus, Harbaugh and Manning are egomaniacs who want things their way and no way in hell would one of them bow down to the other.

To me, when you look at the roster and the youth and talent, they didnt need to go after Manning period and im sick of everyone thinking Manning is awesome or some crap. Playoff time, he's average at best. Regular season doesnt mean a damn if you keep getting your ass kicked in the playoffs. Yeah, he won a SB but it was against the Bears...against a better offensive team like the Saints, he lost. To me, Manning is overrated because the truly great QB's win in the playoffs and the Super Bowl. Manning does the opposite and bash me all you guys want....I dont care....Baalke and Harbaugh ****** up period when they shouldnt have but yeah, they're smart. We'll see in 2012 how the team does, if they collapse, I wouldnt be surprised one bit.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediggler3030 View Post
I come in and out of this forum, but some things never change lol.

I like your passion dan, but I think you're a bit too worked up about this. I expect Smith comes back. He really has nowhere else to go. I also don't think their pursuit of a QB that literally half the league wanted is going to shake someone that has literally been the most criticized starting QB in the league. Alex has thick skin and I think he will be fine.

Don't worry dan, it will be okay :)
I hope so bud because for the first time in a decade, the 49ers were actually fun and exciting to watch and hell, I had no problem spending the $300+ on NFL ST for PS3 so I could watch all their games.

I understand about upgrading QB from Smith but the one thing that no one seems to realize that maybe, just maybe if Harbaugh actually lets Smith play instead of chaining him down, he might surprise everyone but no one will ever know if he's not given the chance.

Its funny that half the league wanted Manning but he went to the team who needed a QB and had the most cap room. Manning held the Colts hostage not once but TWICE so did anyone really think he was to SF for less money? Yeah right. Wants to win championships my ass. Good luck in DEN because he'll need it.

My main problem with the 49ers off-season thus far is that they didnt need or have to act like they were desperate (which is exactly how they were acting) at all. Team is young and talented from top to bottom with only one major need which still hasnt been solved in my opinion and thats it. Quite honestly, I just dont see the point in what they have done this off-season thus far. They added a POS in Cox at CB to return kicks/punts because they dont want to pay Ginn, they added a 35 year old WR who what they think is going to make a difference? Yeah, good luck with that. Manningham is a second tier WR at best. Them re-signing Brooks has been my favorite move and the only one I havent disliked for various reasons.

But again, to each his own. All I know is that I hope them going after Manning doesnt screw up everything that Baalke and especially Harbaugh built in the last year.

Last edited by dan77733 : 03-19-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Still pathetic Dan.