Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 08-10-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Barrows five players to watch tonight.

1. Colin Kaepernick
2. Perish Cox
3. Kyle Williams
4. Alex Boone
5. Demarcus Dobbs - will be seeing time at TE and DE
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Jenkins ... DA FUTURE!!!!!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
From Barrows five players to watch tonight.

1. Colin Kaepernick
2. Perish Cox
3. Kyle Williams
4. Alex Boone
5. Demarcus Dobbs - will be seeing time at TE and DE
Looking to see how Williams plays and if he has forgotten about the NFCCG. Hopefully, he has. Other than him, I want to see how Jacobs plays because its a lock that Gore, Hunter and James make the final 53 so Jacobs will have to have a great pre-season to make the final 53.
dan77733 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
AJ Jenkins ... DA FUTURE!!!!!
Yes. Hopefully.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: Apparently dont know how to tell time.

Thought the game started at 7 my time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 08-10-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of sad to watch Anthony Dixon actively lose his job.

C'mon man, run like you're capable. Pick up those blocks. You can do it Booby!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tolz is dope, if anything he could be a Ty Detmer type.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The top WR's were pretty invisible while our backfield really shined. Jenkins and Palmer both had nice catches and bad drops. Tyms and Owusu also flashed, especially Owusu. Tolzien had a solid night and will probably push Johnson off the roster. We're 4-5 deep at RB with Cartwright, 6 if you count Dixon (how many 6th string RB's are better than Dixon?).

Also liked the combo of Demarcus Dobbs and Eric Bakhtiari. Both wreaked havoc the moment they entered on defense.

2nd and 3rd string O and D generally looked good. So did 1st team OL. Pass rush seemed fine too. Redzone D was also stiff. Top concerns for me so far- 1st string D needs to tighten up a bit because Ponder/Gerhart will be one of the worst combos we face this year, Kaep is improved but still only average, and remains to be seen how our WR's will look.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 08-11-2012 at 01:46 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our running game looked ridiculous. I really hope Jacobs turns out to be a nice short-yardage guy. Also, KENDALL HUNTER! So giddy about the season starting.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone comment on how Kilgore played
Goon61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon61 View Post
Can anyone comment on how Kilgore played
Without rewatching, my only comment is that his name went uncalled, which is typically good of a backup O-Lineman in preseason.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After reading about Aldon Smith being carted off with a hip injury, am I the only one who thinks they should rest him until the final pre-season game just so he wont be rusty week one?

Thankfully, its nothing serious but I wouldnt take any chances. I would rest him until the final pre-season game.

Our running game is going to be awesome. Cant wait to see the 1-2-3 punch of Gore, Hunter and James. As for Jacobs, I could care less about him. I'll be shocked if he even makes the roster because those previously mentioned RB's will make the team as will Miller and Cartwright so I think that unless Jacobs plays like he did years ago, I doubt that he'll make the team.

WR wise should be fun as its the deepest and talented since Rice and Owens were here. Happy to hear about Jenkins as im hoping he can become our future number one receiver. Baalke/Harbaugh should hire Rice and force him to take Jenkins and Crabtree up that damn hill. :p
Old 08-11-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Our running game is going to be awesome. Cant wait to see the 1-2-3 punch of Gore, Hunter and James. As for Jacobs, I could care less about him. I'll be shocked if he even makes the roster because those previously mentioned RB's will make the team as will Miller and Cartwright so I think that unless Jacobs plays like he did years ago, I doubt that he'll make the team.
Did you even watch last night's game? Jacobs made a strong case for himself. It's probably going to be Gore, Hunter, and Jacobs as our 1-2-3 punch.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its would be more between Dixon and Cartwright(who had a lot of carries but not really impressing) than that Jacobs is getting cut. Gore as the main option. Jacobs for the short stuff and a combination of Hunter and James for the third and longs and screens. Dixon could be there for special teams, FB and in case Jacobs goes down the short yard stuff while Cartwright only would be there for his special teams contribution. So i could see Cartwright being the one that gets cut since we have a few corners and so who can play special teams.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Did you even watch last night's game? Jacobs made a strong case for himself. It's probably going to be Gore, Hunter, and Jacobs as our 1-2-3 punch.
I am excited to see what they cook up for LaMike on offense. There has got to be at least something they have to get him out in the open. He's too fast to not get on the field.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am excited to see what they cook up for LaMike on offense. There has got to be at least something they have to get him out in the open. He's too fast to not get on the field.
I'm sure they'll make some specialty plays for him. All in all I'm guessing we keep four runningbacks.

1. Gore
2. Hunter
3. Jacobs
4. James

I guess if they want someone extra for special teams Dixon or Cartwright will get a 5th spot.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some impressions:

The Niners ran a lot early as they want to get Boone in sync with the O-Line, get Iupati and A. Davis more polish and L. Davis some action to get in shape.

They'll add more wrinkles in in the coming games with LaJames and then open it up proper with the pass in the possible shootout that's coming with Green Bay, who just signed Cedric Benson. Harbaugh/Roman were very Vanilla last preseason and even the first month of the season, easing the playcalling/trick plays in.

Alex looked to have that same desire/awareness to get the first, move the ball, score and win. You can tell he's picking up where he left last year with his confidence being high, hopefully getting even better in the offseason.

Kap is a gazelle and is still raw but has a laser arm. He'll keep improving his touch and I believe has a bright future. By year 3 or 4, he'll be ready to be a starting QB in the NFL, but he's still needing to become more consistent.

Tolz could likely go and compete for the starting job on a couple teams, such as the Seahawks. Dude gets it. He's turned a corner as a NFL QB.

Jacobs has a legit shot to make the team and I think they will carry 4 RBs with Cartwright being the technical 5th but playing 98% of the time solcey as the special teams ace. Dixon is gone barring a bad injury of another back. Hunter will get more runs and James will be used more in screens and passing plays.

Bruce Miller's blocking has continued to improve, opening up holes and hitting guys in the second level. What a scouting find/conversion.

AJ Jenkins will be just fine. He'll get his feet wet this year as not much will be expected of him and will hopefully develop into a #2/#3 WR for next year.

Dobbs is a legit two-way player and the Niners have plans for him. He wouldn't have already changed his number to #40 is they thought he was going to be waiver wire fodder. The other TE's, including Byham, will have an uphill battle to make the 53, and Nate will likely end up on the P-Squad. Carrying two technical TE's (with having Dobbs as Delanie's backup) and keeping less safeties will allow the Niners to keep 6 WRs (including Williams) and 5 RBs (including Cartwright).

Eric Bakhtiari is making a solid case for the 53 playing fast and making plays.

VERY pumped for the season and just praying that there are no bad injuries to key players in preseason (at least).

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Anyone notice that AJ Jenkins looked kind of small out there? I thought his build was a little bit stockier. Maybe it's just me.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
No but I did see highlights of Jacobs and yeah, he looked good but no way in hell would I start him ahead of James. Screw that. James and Hunter are our future at RB. Not Jacobs. I rather see James play instead of Jacobs.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
No but I did see highlights of Jacobs and yeah, he looked good but no way in hell would I start him ahead of James. Screw that. James and Hunter are our future at RB. Not Jacobs. I rather see James play instead of Jacobs.
Jacobs will be needed in short yardage situations, which he was excellent at last night. That won't show up on media outlet highlights. Don't be surprised if he gets more touches than James.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Niners crappy third down conversion rate last year and having to settle for so many FGs, Jacobs is a solid option to come in and get the tough yard or two, helping to move the pile for the first down. If he can help the team in that ONE way, he's more than worth the roster spot and money. I'm not a huge Jacobs fan but I think he can serve that role, pick up a couple goalline TDs and be a productive role player on a winning team.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 08-11-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Hunter was very solid in pass pro last night. Great leverage. That means he should get more snaps and they don't need Gore in on every play he's not getting the touches.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Jacobs may look good now but whether it lasts, remains to be seen.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad Chris Owusu got some touches.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Jacobs may look good now but whether it lasts, remains to be seen.
"I'll get you next time Gadget!!!"

Quote: