Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 09-18-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another near miss incident for Aldon Smith -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eld-near-miss/

UGH. Is it just me or does anyone else think that Aldon just has extremely bad luck in regards to being at the wrong place at the wrong time? Thankfully, he only suffered a cut over his eye and needed stitches and still played this past Sunday against the Lions. That's three incidents this year for Aldon and maybe the team should just bubble wrap him for his own protection in between games. LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Another near miss incident for Aldon Smith -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eld-near-miss/

UGH. Is it just me or does anyone else think that Aldon just has extremely bad luck in regards to being at the wrong place at the wrong time? Thankfully, he only suffered a cut over his eye and needed stitches and still played this past Sunday against the Lions. That's three incidents this year for Aldon and maybe the team should just bubble wrap him for his own protection in between games. LOL.
Meh, I just hope his friend is ok. Aldon must have a angel with him to walk away from that with just a scratch. His friend is much worst off. But I mean, what can you do? He was the passenger while riding in a car that swerved to avoid hitting a dear....just some unfortunate luck. But from what I read from ppl who are from that area, accidents involving deers are common for that road. He probably should have just hit the thing. Your going to **** up your car either way. Sorry animal lovers but I'm not flipping my car onto its side, in a ditch, just to avoid hitting Bambi. If one of us got to go, it aint gonna be me.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 09-18-2012 at 09:59 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Meh, I just hope his friend is ok. Aldon must have a angel with him to walk away from with just a scratch. His friend is much worst off. But I mean, what can you do? He was the passenger while riding in a car that swerved to avoid hitting a dear....just some unfortunate luck. But from what I read from ppl who are from that area, accidents involving deers are common for that road. He probably should have just hit the thing. Your going to **** up your car either way. Sorry animal lovers but I'm not flipping my car onto its side, in a ditch, just to avoid hitting Bambi. If one of us got to go, it aint gonna be me.
I hate deer they are rats with hooves.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad Aldon is ok. This doesn't correlate to the other incidents; just a random coincidence that this happened to him.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that it matters all that much but Clark Haggans was suspended for 3 games, effective immediately.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/09...r-three-games/

He has dressed for both games but hasn't played a single snap. Don't think they'll move Cam up tho. Just gotta hope Brooks and Aldon stay healthy. Is Matt Roth still unsigned? Don't know why we wouldn't have given him a look.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Cam Johnson really not ready? I know he didn't have a training camp...and I'm assuming he's either still healing + just isn't going to get enough reps during the season to sink his teeth into the nuances of the pro game.

EDIT: Nevermind. The 49ers signed Eric Bakhtiari to a two year deal. So he'll be back.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 09-19-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niners re-signed Bahktari today. Looks like he will fill in while Haggans is suspended.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

So who did we cut?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one. Or rather, a spot opened up on the active roster due to the absence of Clark Haggans serving his suspension for three games. No word on whether Haggans has officially been released, just that roster spot opened up following his suspension.

Quote:
Old 09-19-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
No one. Or rather, a spot opened up on the active roster due to the absence of Clark Haggans serving his suspension for three games. No word on whether Haggans has officially been released, just that roster spot opened up following his suspension.
got'cha...
Old 09-19-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 3 Gameday Thread is up. Pretty unremarkable.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

So we brought in Merriman for a workout and still signed Baktiari? His career must definitely be done.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merriman has been done since he stopped using steroids which was the only reason why he was ever any good to begin with.

Happy we re-signed Eric Bahktari who knows the system and should contribute on special teams too. Good move. And quite honestly, once Haggans suspension ends, I hope he gets released as we dont need him. Should have just re-signed Bahktari from the start.

If we were to add a veteran OLB, I would probably give Andre Carter a look but other than him, wouldnt even bother. And keeping Cam Johnson on the PS is a good move because it will hopefully show other teams that he's not ready yet and thus, no team will steal him away from us. :)
Old 09-20-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Merriman has been done since he stopped using steroids which was the only reason why he was ever any good to begin with.
Highly arguable. Merriman had 21 sacks in 21 games AFTER his suspension. He destroyed his knee and has sucked since then.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Please. Merriman still dominated after he stopped using the banned substance, which was never even identified. It's hilarious how many people just paraphrase the entire situation that happened with Merriman and attribute his downfall to the absence of an unidentified substance that made him what he was. The reason Merriman declined was because he kept getting hurt. You don't even know for sure what he took, how long he had been taking it, and how it effected his body. Not all supplements/steroids are the same and they don't effect the body in the same fashion. I guess Brian Cushing was never really good because of the suspension he served a few years back regarding a banned substance. Oh wait, he's still dominating. One of your worst posts Dan.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-20-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Oops. My mistake. I thought he didnt do a damn thing after getting suspended for steriods. Either way, NOW he sucks and thats the bottom line.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Just curious, when was Merriman's suspension?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Nevermind. I found it. Merriman was suspended in 2006 for the first four games. After his suspension, he had 29.5 sacks in 27 games. But starting in 2008, he has either been injury prone and/or sucked. But doesnt matter, stick the fork in him because he's done.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Jets released veteran OLB Bryan Thomas today in a surprise move. Since we play the Jets next week in NY, anyone interested in signing him to be our third OLB? Could be a good replacement for Haralson. In order to make room for him, I would release RB Anthony Dixon or TE Garrett Celek. Would also release Haggans once his suspension ends. No reason to keep him after re-signing Bahktari.

Thoughts?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's coming off a ruptured achilles tendon and is battling a bad hammy.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He's coming off a ruptured achilles tendon and is battling a bad hammy.
Whoops. Didnt know that. Oh well, thats what happens when you dont really pay attention or care. LOL.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Nathan Palmer claimed off the PS by the Colts...
Old 09-24-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah fuggit would have love to have kept napalm

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite some of the shaky video footage, this has some decent production quality for hyping the game at the Jets. Watch the trailer: http://bit.ly/NVjHoU

#BeatTheJets

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Where is the gameday thread?

Quote: