Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 02-18-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dansby AND Suggs AND Sproles tagged so far. Peppers or Gross will be next.

If we want to pay for Haynesworth, he'll be available however.

I'm thinking locking up OJ Atogwe would be their best FA move if he doesn't get the tag tomorrow.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogcity_faithful
its official, Suggs got the Franchise Tag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75
Somewhere Dan is crying.
Mother ******!!!!! I was hoping that the Ravens were going to tag Lewis even though I will admit that I would have franchised the same player. Oh well.

*runs to corner and starts crying*
*damn!!! im out of tissues*

LMFAO.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman

I'm thinking locking up OJ Atogwe would be their best FA move if he doesn't get the tag tomorrow.
Three of the top players that I was hoping for are officially off the list. I'm guessing that Gross will get his money and Peppers gets franchised tomorrow. I dont want Peppers and Gross will demand way too much money if he hits UFA.

I have no interest in Albert Haynesworth. First, no forehead in SF would be safe and second, I guarantee that he'll suck once he gets his huge guaranteed bonus. Quote me on that.

I dont think STL has the cap room to tag O.J. I wouldnt mind him as our starting FS. I havent seen him play or anything but im sure he's far better than Roman especially since so many of you guys want him.

Hopefully, we'll sign Khalif Barnes to play RT but sadly, three years later, we're still looking for that pass rusher to replace Julian Peterson. UGH. :(
Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If our only FA signings are O.J. and Barnes I will be a very happy guy. I don't think we will make a play for Hayensworth. We would probably have the higest paied defense in NFL history.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75
If our only FA signings are O.J. and Barnes I will be a very happy guy. I don't think we will make a play for Hayensworth. We would probably have the higest paied defense in NFL history.
I'll be happy with us signing them as it solves two needs with quality players at a good price for each.

Anyone interested in Colts CB Kelvin Hayden if he hits UFA? And are there any other pass rushers out there worth looking at or was Suggs/Dansby pretty much it?
Old 02-18-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Hayden is going to return to the Colts. No that was about it.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

NO DAMN! O.J. was franchised today!
Old 02-18-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
McGrew sucked as did Stokes
As long as you realize that the only WR's with more catches for the 49ers than Stokes are Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Dwight Clark, Billy Wilson, Gene Washington and John Taylor. I think that was a pretty good career considering his was at best the 3rd and mostly 4th receiving option on the field.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
It looked like that was the Rams plan but.... link?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those discussing Hayden:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/cb-h...-million-deal/

And for phlysac, the OJ link:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/cont...r-rams-atogwe/

Big time disappointment about Atogwe, I was hoping that we could plug him in there.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post

Don't be shocked if OJ is tagged. C'mon Jags, let us have Barnes!

Oh and yes, dan, I mean Harris, not Brown. Chalk it up to my pain medication.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
And for phlysac, the OJ link:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/18/cont...r-rams-atogwe/

Big time disappointment about Atogwe, I was hoping that we could plug him in there.

Son - of - a - mother - F - er
Old 02-18-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Son - of - a - mother - F - er
Yeah for sure.

Sign Barnes
1.Everette Brown/B.J Raji
2.Rashad Johnson

I would be pleased with that.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DAMN IT! FA is going to suck this year. Hopefully we can get a decent OT like Barnes. I'm really not interested in the other FS's out there in FA.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac
As long as you realize that the only WR's with more catches for the 49ers than Stokes are Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Dwight Clark, Billy Wilson, Gene Washington and John Taylor. I think that was a pretty good career considering his was at best the 3rd and mostly 4th receiving option on the field.
Considering the fact that Stokes was a 1st rounder and is NOT a HOF candidate but T.O. was a 3rd rounder and IS a HOF candidate, I would say that he was a huge disappointment.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Since O.J., Suggs and Dansby have been franchised, here's my new FA wishlist -

FB Leonard Weaver (SEA)
OT Max Starks (PIT)
OT Khalif Barnes (JAX)
CB Dunta Robinson (HOU)

Weaver is a must since Singletary wants a power running game. I prefer Starks over Barnes but I wouldnt complain either way. Robinson would be the starter opposite Clements and we could then move Reggie Smth to FS to compete with Dashon Goldson for the starting spot.

Draft wise, im leaning towards the best pass rushing OLB which seems to be Everette Brown.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont be shocked, Dan, if the FB they sign is Tony Richardson. He's 37 but he knows the system and was great with Raye in KC.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Considering the fact that Stokes was a 1st rounder and is NOT a HOF candidate but T.O. was a 3rd rounder and IS a HOF candidate, I would say that he was a huge disappointment.
Wow Dan you make me laugh. Reading your stupidity always puts a smile on my face.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Wow Dan you make me laugh. Reading your stupidity always puts a smile on my face.
What are you talking about? TO will be a HOF candidate, he might not ever get in but he will be candidate. Stokes, who was a 1st rounder, was ******* terrible. Stokes never warranted his draft status.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Since O.J., Suggs and Dansby have been franchised, here's my new FA wishlist -

FB Leonard Weaver (SEA)
OT Max Starks (PIT)
OT Khalif Barnes (JAX)
CB Dunta Robinson (HOU)

Weaver is a must since Singletary wants a power running game. I prefer Starks over Barnes but I wouldnt complain either way. Robinson would be the starter opposite Clements and we could then move Reggie Smth to FS to compete with Dashon Goldson for the starting spot.

Draft wise, im leaning towards the best pass rushing OLB which seems to be Everette Brown.
No need to spend more FA money on a CB. Shawntae Spencer will be returning from injury and looks like Tarell Brown seems to be the future. And you already mentioned Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Dont be shocked, Dan, if the FB they sign is Tony Richardson. He's 37 but he knows the system and was great with Raye in KC.
Yeah, Tony Richardson seems to be the most obvious fit considering he has followed Jimmy Raye around. He'd be a perfect short-term FB to use while mentoring Quinn Johnson whom I feel they should draft.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Fogcity_faithful
Rookie

Fogcity_faithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

sucks that OJ is of the market. Give me barnes, dunta would be nice they will probably tag him and brown or raji in the 1st would make me so happy
Old 02-18-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
What are you talking about? TO will be a HOF candidate, he might not ever get in but he will be candidate. Stokes, who was a 1st rounder, was ******* terrible. Stokes never warranted his draft status.
Yeah but he didn't suck.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
The point is that there is a HUGE difference between saying someone was a disappointment because of how highly they were drafted and saying that they "suck".

Being one of the best in team history is NOT the definition of "suck"
Old 02-18-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
No need to spend more FA money on a CB. Shawntae Spencer will be returning from injury and looks like Tarell Brown seems to be the future. And you already mentioned Smith.
I'm not expecting anything out of Spencer. He wasn't even very good when healthy. Other teams used to throw on him at will. I don't think he'll make the team next year.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Here's my Pre-Combine / Pre-Free Agency Offseason Mock. Keep in mind I finished this earlier today/prior to OJ Atogwe being Tagged by the Rams. I have to reevaluate FS possibilities whether it be via FA (Jermaine Phillips) or through the draft....

Free Agents to Sign

Takeo Spikes
Inside Linebacker - San Francisco 49ers

Bryant Johnson
Wide Receiver - San Francisco 49ers

Khalif Barnes
Offensive Tackle - Jacksonville Jaguars

Tony Richardson
Fullback - New York Jets

2009 NFL Draft

First Round

B.J. Raji
Nose Tackle - Boston College

Second Round

Kenny Britt
Wide Receiver - Rutgers

Third Round

Shonn Greene
Running Back - Iowa

Fourth Round

Lawrence Sidbury
Outside Linebacker - Richmond

Fifth Round

Cornelius Lewis
Offensive Tackle - Tennessee State

Fifth Round (Compensatory)

Worrell Williams
Inside Linebacker - California

Sixth Round

Quinn Johnson
Fullback - LSU

Seventh Round

Stephen Hodge
Strong Safety - TCU

Seventh Round (Compensatory)

Chase Patton
Quarterback - Missouri

Player Highlights
BJ Raji - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ2YGE9SLM
Kenny Britt - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98USWn8dG0
Shonn Greene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLlfOIgmKqk
Lawrence Sidbury - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPydgMoTs04
Worrell Williams - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsQSP3DdgoQ
Quinn Johnson Interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPdSr8POZxI
Stephen Hodge - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Eat-CWZNQ

Thoughts?

Last edited by phlysac : 02-18-2009 at 11:50 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote