Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-19-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After Anthony Davis' new contract.......

2013 Cap Space

$913,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
After Anthony Davis' new contract.......

2013 Cap Space

$913,571
Shouldnt that be around $200,000 after signing Morrah?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Shouldnt that be around $200,000 after signing Morrah?
No, this includes Morrah's $630,000.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm really liking the idea of Carradine, however. I originally mocked Datone Jones, but Carradine is only 5 lbs lighter and is a far superior pass rusher.

49ers will be on hand tomorrow to take a closer look at this man.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/4/1...pro-day-rumors

Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Since when did forecasting a possibility denote making a prediction?

Don't get it twisted. Get it correct.
Dress it up however you want it's the same pessimistic douche bagness coming out of you.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
What do you guys think of Jamie Collins at 31?
As much as I like Collins, that's a reach. I wouldn't mind him@61 but I think he comes off the board in the 3rd round. He has a little bit of a buzz now but I dont anybody will spend a first on him, even if its a late first.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Dress it up however you want it's the same pessimistic douche bagness coming out of you.
His point is valid. Four out of first five opponents were playoff teams last year. It will be tough sledding to begin the season. He did said "hopefully not" so it wasn't like he was predicting we'd be 0-3.

I think 10-6 is very realistic. We went 11-4-1 last year. The divison is tougher. We have some tough match-ups outside our division also. Losing key contributors on offense and defense, there will be a little transistion there. I expect some bumps along the way. Like always, as long as we make the playoffs, we have a shot and that's all I ask. 10-6 should get us into the post-season.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh alright, so since it isn't what you want to hear/isn't what you thought it was in the first place, it's a pessimistic attitude about the franchise's future/a prediction I didn't make. Cool story bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
His point is valid. Four out of first five opponents were playoff teams last year. It will be tough sledding to begin the season. He did said "hopefully not" so it wasn't like he was predicting we'd be 0-3.

I think 10-6 is very realistic. We went 11-4-1 last year. The divison is tougher. We have some tough match-ups outside our division also. Losing key contributors on offense and defense, there will be a little transistion there. I expect some bumps along the way. Like always, as long as we make the playoffs, we have a shot and that's all I ask. 10-6 should get us into the post-season.
Stop being a pessimistic jackass. Anything less than 15-1 means you have no faith in the organization.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
I think it's healthy to acknowledge every possibility and that includes those that are not favorable. I don't consider that pessimistic. If one were to say that, "we are going to lose our 1st 3 games" or "we are probably going to lose..", then yeah that's pessimistic. But merely acknowledging the possibility? I have a hard time seeing that as pessimistic, I think it's smart.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, this includes Morrah's $630,000.
Okay, cool but still no cap room whatsoever. Team should have made a move to sign Woodson to try to make others think that we wouldnt draft a safety this year. Right now, its pretty obvious.

Schedule wise, I seriously think that this team can go 14-2 because seriously, the toughest teams are the Seahawks in Seattle and Saints in NO with Payton back.

Falcons game will be the LAST at Candlestick Park and while I can see us losing week 17 in Arizona because of the emotion and whatnot, no way in hell we lose that game. We beat the Packers TWICE last season including Kaepernick basically kicking their ass by himself. They have no running game, an average OL and a bad defense. Not concerned about them.

Cardinals, please. Rams, hmmm, as long as we dont run stupid ******* plays or not cover punts, we'll win. Buccaneers and Panthers? Give me a break. Redskins? Possible but not in SF. AFC South...Jaguars and Titans suck and have no QB. Texans are overrated. Colts would be a bigger challenge and even that, im not worried about.

Barring injuries, at least 12-4 but I still see 14-2 being a realistic possiblity and I dont know about anyone else but I love the bye week being in the middle for the second straight season.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Tank Carradine reportedly ran a 4.75 today. Damn.....impressive...he also had 32 reps @225 at the FSU Pro Day...

Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Tank Carradine reportedly ran a 4.75 today. Damn.....impressive...he also had 32 reps @225 at the FSU Pro Day...
Saw that on PFT but also read that he tore his ACL just six months ago. Personally, unless its a mid to late round draft in which you can risk the possibility of gaining nothing from the pick, I stay away from this guy.

Granted, I still want Mathieu but using a 4th round compensation pick that cant be traded is worth the risk but using the 31st overall draft pick, not at all.

A few more days to go and we'll see what happens.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh alright, so since it isn't what you want to hear/isn't what you thought it was in the first place, it's a pessimistic attitude about the franchise's future/a prediction I didn't make. Cool story bro.

Stop being a pessimistic jackass. Anything less than 15-1 means you have no faith in the organization.
It's the NFL they could easily go 0-16 what's your point?

Maybe I did overreact but after a season last year where during the regular season you predicted they would lose every big game it's easy to jump the gun. Also when during their 9 game winning streak in 2011 you BITCHED more than the ENTIRE two season combined.

Forgive me I'll work on it :)

Last edited by Menardo75 : 04-20-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saw that on PFT but also read that he tore his ACL just six months ago. Personally, unless its a mid to late round draft in which you can risk the possibility of gaining nothing from the pick, I stay away from this guy.

Granted, I still want Mathieu but using a 4th round compensation pick that cant be traded is worth the risk but using the 31st overall draft pick, not at all.

A few more days to go and we'll see what happens.
I'd say running a 4.75 40 after tearing your ACL 6 months ago is a good sign. He's going in the early 2nd, at latest.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I'd say running a 4.75 40 after tearing your ACL 6 months ago is a good sign. He's going in the early 2nd, at latest.
Would not be upset at all if Tank was the pick. Like Vay said could easily see him growing into Justin's role.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
True but how the ACL holds up over the long term is what would concern me. It should also be a concern that he seems to be pushing himself too much too fast which quites honestly, can cause a setback. I'm not hoping that or anything but im just saying. I'm more concerned about players who are coming off major injuries and using early picks (rounds 1-3) on them compared to mid to late (rounds 4-7) on players who have maturity issues because if you miss on a mid to late round draft pick, its no biggie especially when you have as many picks as we do but possibly missing on our early picks (especially #31 and #34) wouldnt be good at all.

Not worth the risk in my opinion and in case you're wondering, I wouldnt draft Lattimore either.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
True but how the ACL holds up over the long term is what would concern me. It should also be a concern that he seems to be pushing himself too much too fast which quites honestly, can cause a setback. I'm not hoping that or anything but im just saying. I'm more concerned about players who are coming off major injuries and using early picks (rounds 1-3) on them compared to mid to late (rounds 4-7) on players who have maturity issues because if you miss on a mid to late round draft pick, its no biggie especially when you have as many picks as we do but possibly missing on our early picks (especially #31 and #34) wouldnt be good at all.

Not worth the risk in my opinion and in case you're wondering, I wouldnt draft Lattimore either.
ACL injuries are nowhere near as serious as they used to be. Granted multiple ACL injures can accumulate over time, but the way medical science has advanced it's not the kiss of death it used to be. Microfracture surgery is the killer there days.

Your pushing himself too hard argument is exactly why he's a good fit for San Fran. He won't be asked to be anything more than a situation player (barring injury) as a rookie.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
What do you guys think of Jamie Collins at 31?
Love Collins as a player. Wouldn't be opposed to the Niners using one of their seconds on him. First round though no. Still needs to refine his pass rush moves. Would be a great replacement for Ahmad once he is done.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

I think his ACL surgery was only 4.5 months ago, impressive recovery.......he'd have another 4 months to recover before the pre-season, seems like a pretty safe bet...decent value @ 31, I'm starting to hop on the Tankwagon...

Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

If we want Tank, we're probably gonna have to trade up maybe 5 spots. ALOT of teams and scouts are high on him because he can fit virtually any scheme and he's such a crazy athlete. I doubt he makes it to #31. I'm seeing him going as high as the Steelers pick. I read somewhere Carroll is really high on him. Bennett is only on a one year deal and he would be a great replacement for them after next year. Heard Atlanta is high on him as well. I don't see him making it past Seattle.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-20-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
If we want Tank, we're probably gonna have to trade up maybe 5 spots. ALOT of teams and scouts are high on him because he can fit virtually any scheme and he's such a crazy athlete. I doubt he makes it to #31. I'm seeing him going as high as the Steelers pick. I read somewhere Carroll is really high on him. Bennett is only on a one year deal and he would be a great replacement them after next year. Heard Atlanta is high on him as well. I don't see him making it past Seattle.
Good thing Seattle doesn't have a first round pick then. For D-line prospects him and Datone Jones are my two favorites but they will probably have to move up for both of them.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

At 31, im hoping for Datone Jones since im expecting Trufant and Rhodes to be long gone by then. After Jones, im hoping for Hayden, Ertz and Barrett Jones (yeah, I know but I disagree) at 31. Hoping we can get two of the four at 31 and 34. :)
Old 04-20-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Good thing Seattle doesn't have a first round pick then. For D-line prospects him and Datone Jones are my two favorites but they will probably have to move up for both of them.
No, Jones will fall to second...probably late second. I really started to sour on him the more I watch him. I don't see first round talent there after watching him more closely.

And what I meant was, I could see Seattle trading back into the first round. Schneider's going for broke. I wouldn't put it past him to give a slew picks to draft Tank if Carroll really likes him. Adding Harvin means they really have no glaring need except LB, and you can always get them late for good value. Their pretty much set everwhere else. They need a DT but that's such a deep position, they can grab one of them later as well. They have some picks they can afford to give up. We've been battling them all off-season for talent. The draft will be no different.

And my sleeper pick at safety....Cody Davis

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-20-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
No, Jones will fall to second...probably late second. I really started to sour on him the more I watch him. I don't see first round talent there after watching him more closely.

And what I meant was, I could see Seattle trading back into the first round. Schneider's going for broke. I wouldn't put it past him to give a slew picks to draft Tank if Carroll really likes him. Adding Harvin means they really have no glaring need except LB, and you can always get them late for good value. Their pretty much set everwhere else. They need a DT but that's such a deep position, they can grab one of them later as well. They have some picks they can afford to give up. We've been battling them all off-season for talent. The draft will be no different.

And my sleeper pick at safety....Cody Davis
I still think Jones goes late first to a team like INDY depending on how the board falls. I like Cody Davis a whole lot actually drafted him in the forum mock.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fall for football stereotypes.

I'm scared of white DBs. I still don't think I'd draft Eric Weddle.

LOL ;P