Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI, I saw that Carradine ran a 4.75 today.

That is all.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I fall for football stereotypes.

I'm scared of white DBs. I still don't think I'd draft Eric Weddle.

LOL ;P
He and Cooper Taylor kind of break the mold for white DBs, ha. He may be argubaly the most athletic safety in the draft. I feel he's the best open-field tackler in the entire draft, at the position. He breaks down and wraps up better than anyone I've seen at the college level. Smart kid off the field as well. I can see him excelling on STs right away and growing into a starter down the road. He just seems like a kid JH would love.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-20-2013 at 11:22 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
It's the NFL they could easily go 0-16 what's your point?

Maybe I did overreact but after a season last year where during the regular season you predicted they would lose every big game it's easy to jump the gun. Also when during their 9 game winning streak in 2011 you BITCHED more than the ENTIRE two season combined.

Forgive me I'll work on it :)
My point during this entire conversation was that I was never making a prediction like you claimed I had. I was merely stating possibilities.

I didn't predict the 49ers would lose every big game last year. This is a lie. I, like this time now, pushed the notion that they 49ers had a problem showing up in a lot of big games where they were expected to win as favorites. This didn't also mean I would expect them to lose every said game. An observation is different than a prediction.

In 2011 I complained about the lack of offensive production in terms of the passing game not really being a threat. But that isn't a problem anymore since our quarterback actually scares defenses now.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching some game tapes of Vaccaro I'm not so sure he is worth trading up for. He takes a lot of bad angles, he gets swallowed up and pushed around by blockers, he gets burned in the open field, his tackling is average, and his speed is average. He makes a couple good plays on the ball in each game but I'm not so sure that makes up for the rest of his average play.

Apologies if someone has already posted these game clips of Vaccaro.

http://youtu.be/JN5BZ6f0FzM - vs Oklahoma State - below average

http://youtu.be/5gF_CU3HOac - vs Oregon State - below average

http://youtu.be/VrJd-vbajAU - vs Texas Tech - average

http://youtu.be/916d0VmMJEc - vs Baylor - average

http://youtu.be/jshrCL2H1yk - vs Ole Miss - slightly above average

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 04-21-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I fall for football stereotypes.

I'm scared of white DBs. I still don't think I'd draft Eric Weddle.

LOL ;P
White safeties are ok ;)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
After watching some game tapes of Vaccaro I'm not so sure he is worth trading up for. He takes a lot of bad angles, he gets swallowed up and pushed around by blockers, he gets burned in the open field, his tackling is average, and his speed is average. He makes a couple good plays on the ball in each game but I'm not so sure that makes up for the rest of his average play.

Apologies if someone has already posted these game clips of Vaccaro.

http://youtu.be/JN5BZ6f0FzM

http://youtu.be/5gF_CU3HOac

http://youtu.be/VrJd-vbajAU
Sounds like you are talking about Eric Reid.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
White safeties are ok ;)
Yeah. And Craig Dahl filled the quota.

;D
Old 04-21-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
He and Cooper Taylor kind of break the mold for white DBs, ha. He may be argubaly the most athletic safety in the draft. I feel he's the best open-field tackler in the entire draft, at the position. He breaks down and wraps up better than anyone I've seen at the college level. Smart kid off the field as well. I can see him excelling on STs right away and growing into a starter down the road. He just seems like a kid JH would love.

Very impressive Pro Day. I will have to check this guy out more.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like you are talking about Eric Reid.
I got through 2 games for Reid last night and he looked solid. What specific games are spurring all the negativity for Reid?

I also got through 2 games for Phillip Thomas and I didn't see too much to get excited about so far.

As far as film goes, so far Elam is my #1.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I got through 2 games for Reid last night and he looked solid. What specific games are spurring all the negativity for Reid?

I also got through 2 games for Phillip Thomas and I didn't see too much to get excited about so far.

Texas A&M, Alabama, Florida. He was good in coverage but he took the worst angles at people I'd ever seen. He was the most frustrating safety I watched this year.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
FYI, I saw that Carradine ran a 4.75 today.

That is all.
Rotoworld reported the 4.75 was inaccurate and that his official proday time was 4.93.

Fine with me if it means he might still be on the board.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What site are you guys getting old games from to watch ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
This crazy youtube invention. It actually takes you to that crazy invention if you click on the title of the video.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Just not feeling Elam. He looks decent but he doesn't stand out to me in anyway. I think I have a bias against Florida DBs because I never like any of them. I see Elam being a decent starter, nothing more really. And I have never liked Thomas. After Vacarro, there's a lot of guys I feel are all about the same talent wise. But when I watched guys like Sharmarko Thomas, Swearinger, Rambo, Cyprien, Cooper Taylor, and Keelan Johnson they just stood out to me. Their movement, their anticipation, nose for the ball, how they come downhill, how they react when the ball is in the air....those guys just stood out from the rest.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Mostly just searching like crazy on youtube,you just have to be willing to sift through the garbage.....

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Just not feeling Elam. He looks decent but he doesn't stand out to me in anyway. I think I have a bias against Florida DBs because I never like any of them. I see Elam being a decent starter, nothing more really. And I have never liked Thomas. After Vacarro, there's a lot of guys I feel are all about the same talent wise. But when I watched guys like Sharmarko Thomas, Swearinger, Rambo, Cyprien, Cooper Taylor, and Keelan Johnson they just stood out to me. Their movement, their anticipation, nose for the ball, how they come downhill, how they react when the ball is in the air....those guys just stood out from the rest.
I feel the same way in regards to just getting a feeling about guys as you watch them, while not liking certain "higher ranked" players.

The beauty, at least in my opinion, is that Baalke will grab two of the safety crop.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Shamarko Thomas and Baccari Rabmo are the two guys at the top of my wishlist for safties, OR the combination of Amerson:Thomas or Amerson: Rambo which is what I think it will be.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

I love Vaccaro's highlights and his ability to line up in the slot but I haven't found a complete game that I feel good about. For instance there are just too many of his "tackles" that result in the ball carrier falling forward another 3-4 yards. Vaccaro's angles can be very bad also. I don't see ball carriers fall forward for 3-4 yards against Reid or Elam very often.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor from rotoworld -

At least one NFL GM believes the 49ers are interested in moving up to No. 13 or 14 in the draft.

The 49ers have a league-high 13 picks and no more than seven or eight would be serious bets to make one of the NFL's best rosters. The Niners are likely to ship off later-round picks for 2014 selections while also attempting to trade up in the first round. They've been mentioned as a pursuer of West Virginia's Tavon Austin, but Yahoo's Jason Cole reports San Francisco "would like to get a defensive lineman who can eventually step in for veteran Justin Smith." BYU's Ziggy Ansah would be a high-upside addition in the first half of round one.

---

Would not be happy with this rumor coming true at all.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Shamarko Thomas and Baccari Rabmo are the two guys at the top of my wishlist for safties, OR the combination of Amerson:Thomas or Amerson: Rambo which is what I think it will be.
My man-crush for Amerson has rekindled with the idea of him being drafted as a FS at #61...I don't know if he last that long though.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Rumor from rotoworld -

At least one NFL GM believes the 49ers are interested in moving up to No. 13 or 14 in the draft.

The 49ers have a league-high 13 picks and no more than seven or eight would be serious bets to make one of the NFL's best rosters. The Niners are likely to ship off later-round picks for 2014 selections while also attempting to trade up in the first round. They've been mentioned as a pursuer of West Virginia's Tavon Austin, but Yahoo's Jason Cole reports San Francisco "would like to get a defensive lineman who can eventually step in for veteran Justin Smith." BYU's Ziggy Ansah would be a high-upside addition in the first half of round one.

---

If they move up for a 5 tech I'd rather it be Richardson he is a better fit. Ansah I'm not sold on, but with Tomsula I think I'd take that risk.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I love Vaccaro's highlights and his ability to line up in the slot but I haven't found a complete game that I feel good about. For instance there are just too many of his "tackles" that result in the ball carrier falling forward another 3-4 yards. Vaccaro's angles can be very bad also. I don't see ball carriers fall forward for 3-4 yards against Reid or Elam very often.
Meh, just make the tackle. Whether a RB drags you another 2-3 yards isnt really a dealbreaker for me. Cody Davis doesn't 'pop' ppl. But he is a sure tackler and your safety is the last line of defense. As long as the guy doesn't get past him, I'm not going to complain. Weddle isn't a big hitter but he's a sure tackler. Guys get a lot of yards after contact against him, but that hasnt stop him from easily being the best FS in football for some years now.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Rumor from rotoworld -

---

Its a smokescreen. Niner brass would never let that kind of information leak. No one knows what Baalke going to do. We run a tight ship...its all speculation and hearsay.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its a smokescreen. Niner brass would never let that kind of information leak. No one knows what Baalke going to do. We run a tight ship...its all speculation and hearsay.
True, but they will trade up in this Draft as least twice IMO. It's what round(s), how much and which picks they use to do so.

I really would love it if they brought in Lattimore with a mid-round pick. He's worth a 3rd Rounder IMO. He has Fran Gore 2.0 written all over him. Really like the kid and think that he's the type of smart, determined guy that will beat the odds.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
True, but they will trade up in this Draft as least twice IMO. It's what round(s), how much and which picks they use to do so.

I really would love it if they brought in Lattimore with a mid-round pick. He's worth a 3rd Rounder IMO. He has Fran Gore 2.0 written all over him. Really like the kid and think that he's the type of smart, determined guy that will beat the odds.
I'm also completely on board for this.