Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-21-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How sexy is this?

31) Datone Jones/ Tank
34) DJ Hayden
61) David Amerson
74) Safety #2 (Swearinger, Shamarko)
93) Jordan Reed
131) Lattimore
175) Marcus Davis
180) Vinston Painter

Use #'s 128 and 157 to move up as needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 04-21-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
How sexy is this?

31) Datone Jones/ Tank
34) DJ Hayden
61) David Amerson
74) Safety #2 (Swearinger, Shamarko)
93) Jordan Reed

Use #'s 128 and 157 to move up as needed...
If safety two is Shamarko then it's perfect.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
True, but they will trade up in this Draft as least twice IMO. It's what round(s), how much and which picks they use to do so.

I really would love it if they brought in Lattimore with a mid-round pick. He's worth a 3rd Rounder IMO. He has Fran Gore 2.0 written all over him. Really like the kid and think that he's the type of smart, determined guy that will beat the odds.
I would be ok with Lattimore at 93, especially if nobody else was really screaming to come off the board. If we were looking TE at 93 and Jordan Reed was gone for instance, it would be sweet to take Lattimore there and target Chris Gragg later on.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Niners don't get Reed then I hope they get Gragg in the late rounds.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
True, but they will trade up in this Draft as least twice IMO. It's what round(s), how much and which picks they use to do so.

I really would love it if they brought in Lattimore with a mid-round pick. He's worth a 3rd Rounder IMO. He has Fran Gore 2.0 written all over him. Really like the kid and think that he's the type of smart, determined guy that will beat the odds.
I'm not with the whole 'draft Lattimore' bandwagon. We have Frank Gore 2.0 already on the roster and he's name is Jewell Hampton. I'd be pissed if we wasted third round pick on a RB. If we going to draft one, it better a later round pick. We have three young RBs after Gore already on the roster. And they all bring something different to the table. We don't need Lattimore. We don't need any RB really.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm in the minority but I'd **** bricks if the Ansah rumors are true. He's my favorite player in the draft and has been since before Bowl season.

I don't think he'll be a possibility though. Someone's going to risk him very early.

But as VAfy said, Baalke is unpredictable. It's to the point where it wouldn't surprise me if he'd create a smokescreen simply because people would assume it's a smokescreen.

But if Baalke is falling in love with this new-age "elephant" that he can use in both base and nickel, then Ansah and Carradine are creme de la creme.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
If the Niners don't get Reed then I hope they get Gragg in the late rounds.
I want no part of Jordan Reed. His blocking is non-exisitent way too much for my liking. I'd much rather have Gragg or Kyler Reed if were going for that type. But I think we're going to go for more of the tradtional TE, more so than a Delaine Walker/H-Back type.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regarding the rumor -

I'm guessing it is just a smokescreen but I still dont like that rumor. Sometimes, there's rumors that actually sound good and you would welcome. This isnt one of them though.

Regarding Lattimore -

No thanks. We dont need to waste a draft pick on ANY RB. We still have Gore for at least two more years plus Hunter, James and Hampton. Just my opinion.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm not with the whole 'draft Lattimore' bandwagon. We have Frank Gore 2.0 already on the roster and he's name is Jewell Hampton. I'd be pissed if we wasted third round pick on a RB. If we going to draft one, it better a later round pick. We have three young RBs after Gore already on the roster. And they all bring something different to the table. We don't need Lattimore. We don't need any RB really.
I would like the idea of Lattimore on the roster. I think he would be a bonus luxury though. If we had him I'm not sure how he would even get touches with the trio of Gore, Hunter, and James.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 5 dream draft (including trading up a few times) -

DE Datone Jones (1/31), CB D.J. Hayden (2/34), TE Zach Ertz (trade up), C Barrett Jones (trade up) and FS D.J. Swearinger (3/93).

Not going to happen but if all we got were those five players plus the three compensation picks, I would be the happiest bastard here. LOL. :D
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Furstenburg is another TE that I'm starting to warm to.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I want no part of Jordan Reed. His blocking is non-exisitent way too much for my liking. I'd much rather have Gragg or Kyler Reed if were going for that type. But I think we're going to go for more of the tradtional TE, more so than a Delaine Walker/H-Back type.
Delaine Walker's blocking was non-existent when he came into the league too Reed can be coached up.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 04-21-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Delaine Walker's blocking was non-existent too Reed can be coached up.
Wow, you really think that? Delanie Walker was damn-near spectacular at everything except catching the ball.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Wow, you really think that? Delanie Walker was damn-near spectacular at everything except catching the ball.
When Delaine Walker came into the league is what I was referencing. Delaine was an outstanding blocker the last couple years. I was talking about the "Jordan Reed can't block" defense which doesn't make sense to me because Delaine couldn't block his first couple years in the league either until he got coached up.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
When Delaine Walker came into the league is what I was referencing. Delaine was an outstanding blocker the last couple years. I was talking about the "Jordan Reed can't block" defense which doesn't make sense to me because Delaine couldn't block his first couple years in the league either until he got coached up.
True but when he came into the League the team was terrible. He grew into a very good player on a tremendous team. This team needs a strong, role-playing, backup TE now, not 4 years from now.

And my argument isn't even for or against Jordan Reed. It's just against the thought of developing a backup TE.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Delaine Walker's blocking was non-existent when he came into the league too Reed can be coached up.
Delaine Walker was also a WR in college, but was asked to be H-Back as a pro....HUGE difference. Some guys dont get coached up, just look at Hernandez in NE. Reed is worst in that department, but also not as gifted a pass-catcher also. He just shows no effort alot and that's a real turn-off for me.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-21-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Delaine Walker was also a WR in college, but was asked to be H-Back as a pro....HUGE difference. Some guys dont get coached up, just look at Hernandez in NE. Reed is worst in that department, but also not as gifted a pass-catcher also. He just shows no effort alot and that's a real turn-off for me.
Hernandez isn't asked to block nor is that expected of him and I seriously doubt any team that drafted Hernandez would have used him that way. Reed is extremely raw yes, but this is the third different position he's played at Florida. He still has a ways to go but he could end up being better than Delaine in that role with his skill set. Yeah some guys don't get coached but I look at the growth that Walker made under the current staff and I don't see why Reed couldn't make a similar leap. Unless he doesn't buy in of course which I couldn't tell you about his personality I haven't met him.

I did like the story about him at Florida's pro day where he wasn't planning on working out, and a couple coaches told him they came to see him and they weren't coming back, so he decided to workout that day instead.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 04-21-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Just went and re-watched Reed's gamefilm against Georgia, Texas A&M, and Florida State. This guy is not as bad of a blocker as a lot of you guys are making him out to be. Most of his issues are with body position and coming off the ball out of control which are typical of a young TE. On all the blocks that he would be asked to make in Walker's role on the edge I only saw him miss one and it was against Ogletree. Nowhere near as bad as some of you think he is.

I do get what you're saying VA about how sometimes it looks like he gives up and doesn't give 100% effort on plays when he's blocking. I don't think it's as much of an effort thing as him really just not understanding the timing and leverage.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hernandez isn't asked to block nor is that expected of him and I seriously doubt any team that drafted Hernandez would have used him that way. Reed is extremely raw yes, but this is the third different position he's played at Florida. He still has a ways to go but he could end up being better than Delaine in that role with his skill set. Yeah some guys don't get coached but I look at the growth that Walker made under the current staff and I don't see why Reed couldn't make a similar leap. Unless he doesn't buy in of course which I couldn't tell you about his personality I haven't met him.

I did like the story about him at Florida's pro day where he wasn't planning on working out, and a couple coaches told him they came to see him and they weren't coming back, so he decided to workout that day instead.
He isn't asked to block, nor is it expected of him? Since when? They don't ask him to be a inline blocker in NE because he sucks at it, plain and simple. He's a glorified WR. If you want to be a TE for Harbaugh, you better know how to block. There is no, 'well we just won't ask him to block' role for a TE in this offense. Not happening. I'm not saying anything about his personality, I'm talking about the effort he gives on the field. That's a red flag for me. Not to mention he drew a lot of holding calls in college. I could see if he was this explosive, gifted pass-catcher then maybe I could understand or overlook that but he's not. He's not the athlete Hernandez is. And not as fluid of a pass-catcher neither. But he's a worst blocker than Hernandez was at this stage...that's saying something. I just don't think that's a guy who would be on our radar. But stranger things have happen so if he becomes a Niner, I won't complain too loudly. But I just don't see us being drawn to him stictly as a pass-catching TE. I see us eyeing someone a little more well-rounded.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-21-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Just went and re-watched Reed's gamefilm against Georgia, Texas A&M, and Florida State. This guy is not as bad of a blocker as a lot of you guys are making him out to be. Most of his issues are with body position and coming off the ball out of control which are typical of a young TE. On all the blocks that he would be asked to make in Walker's role on the edge I only saw him miss one and it was against Ogletree. Nowhere near as bad as some of you think he is.

I do get what you're saying VA about how sometimes it looks like he gives up and doesn't give 100% effort on plays when he's blocking. I don't think it's as much of an effort thing as him really just not understanding the timing and leverage.

Just watched these 3 tapes and there are plenty of ****** blocks but there are also a number a very good blocks, one that drives Tank Carradine 5 yards back so there is some potential there. If Reed was an overall badass he wouldn't be a late 2nd-late 3rd guy, so let's be realistic. We aren't getting a direct replacement for Delanie for 2013 in this draft. Not to get sidetracked but we should have cut Carlos Rodgers and kept either Delanie or Dashon.....

Quote:
Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
He isn't asked to block, nor is it expected of him? Since when? They don't ask him to be a inline blocker in NE because he sucks at it, plain and simple. He's a glorified WR. If you want to be a TE for Harbaugh, you better know how to block. There is no, 'well we just won't ask him to block' role for a TE in this offense. Not happening. I'm not saying anything about his personality, I'm talking about the effort he gives on the field. That's a red flag for me. Not to mention he drew a lot of holding calls in college. I could see if he was this explosive, gifted pass-catcher then maybe I could understand or overlook that but he's not. He's not the athlete Hernandez is. And not as fluid of a pass-catcher neither. But he's a worst blocker than Hernandez was at this stage...that's saying something. I just don't think that's a guy who would be on our radar. But stranger things have happen so if he becomes a Niner, I won't complain too loudly. But I just don't see us being drawn to him stictly as a pass-catching TE. I see us eyeing someone a little more well-rounded.
Hernandez isn't asked to block. Anyone who drafted him knew what they were getting in him, and weren't going to ask him to be an inline blocker. I believe Reed is a better blocker far and away than Hernandez and has less time at the position than him. I really think you are underrating Reed's athletic ability, but I guess we will just wait and see. One week away.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Just watched these 3 tapes and there are plenty of ****** blocks but there are also a number a very good blocks, one that drives Tank Carradine 5 yards back so there is some potential there. If Reed was an overall badass he wouldn't be a late 2nd-late 3rd guy, so let's be realistic. We aren't getting a direct replacement for Delanie for 2013 in this draft. Not to get sidetracked but we should have cut Carlos Rodgers and kept either Delanie or Dashon.....
I know he probably won't be ready right away, but there is so much talent to work with that can be molded, and I would find it hard to believe that Roman couldn't coach that kid up. Finding another replacement isn't going to be easy I knew that, but Reed has the closest skill set of the TE's to his.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone speculates us trading up purely because we have the ammunition. And not enough roster spots for 13 rookies. The only guys I would like to trade up for is a d lineman, safety, or receiver.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
True but when he came into the League the team was terrible. He grew into a very good player on a tremendous team.
Yeah he finally got a good coaching staff that found a role for him and coached him up amazing how that happens.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Everyone speculates us trading up purely because we have the ammunition. And not enough roster spots for 13 rookies. The only guys I would like to trade up for is a d lineman, safety, or receiver.
People forget that 5 of our 13 picks are in round 6 or 7....and yes, those players will have a hard time making our roster.....but that doesn't mean we need to trade away our picks for rounds 1-4/5

Quote: