Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-22-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Ertz vs Oregon...his blocking is **** also...I'll watch more tomorrow...

http://youtu.be/_u5_y3oVj30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:11 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/04/22/j...ks-mock-draft/

Mock Draft from ninercaphell.com. UGH. I hate the entire mock draft except for one guy (Mathieu) but even that pick im not in love with because too early.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Just watched Ertz vs Oregon...his blocking is **** also...I'll watch more tomorrow...

http://youtu.be/_u5_y3oVj30
Yeah people that say he is a good blocker are just stereotyping him because he's big and plays at Stanford in a power running game, but it's not the case.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:04 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Yeah he finally got a good coaching staff that found a role for him and coached him up amazing how that happens.
Delaine's blocking improved every year, even before Harbaugh arrived. Its wasn't like Harbaugh came and then, boom, he suddenly became a good blocker. He put in work and steadily improved over the years. That process had started before Harbaugh was hired. It was just put on display more becuase of Harbaugh's rushing offense and his use of TEs.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:15 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hernandez isn't asked to block. Anyone who drafted him knew what they were getting in him, and weren't going to ask him to be an inline blocker. I believe Reed is a better blocker far and away than Hernandez and has less time at the position than him. I really think you are underrating Reed's athletic ability, but I guess we will just wait and see. One week away.
Hernandez isn't asked to inline block but he's definitely asked to block in that offense, just more pinch blocks, crack-back blocks. Mainly stuff out in space, which he isn't great at either but things he can handle. Reed is athletic but he isn't on Hernandez level, in terms of short-area quickess and route savvy. Hernandez is a natural pass-catcher. He runs routes like a WR. Reed is athletic but isn't as fluid. That's not a knock becuase after Eifert and Gragg, I think he's the most athletic of all the TEs. But I don't think he's on Hernandez's level as a pass-catching threat. Not even close actually.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-22-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm not with the whole 'draft Lattimore' bandwagon. We have Frank Gore 2.0 already on the roster and he's name is Jewell Hampton. I'd be pissed if we wasted third round pick on a RB. If we going to draft one, it better a later round pick. We have three young RBs after Gore already on the roster. And they all bring something different to the table. We don't need Lattimore. We don't need any RB really.
Jewell Hampton is NOT Frank Gore and will not be anything close to him. He didn't even earn a roster spot. It's like saying that Josh Johnson was the next scrambling Steve Young. You may not like Lattimore and that is fine but dropping the Hampton-Gore comparison into the convo is just silly.

We don't need 'another' RB but we do need a feature back of the future, which Lattimore, if healthy, will be for an NFL team. I'd like it to be the Niners in the 2014 or 15 season.

The Niners need to mix in some solid picks with a couple of upside picks with the choices they have in this Draft. The team is too talented and too deep to Draft guys as projects in late rounds and hide them on the 53. It makes much more sense to do it on the IR or PUP list with a guy like Lattimore. He's be the top RB in this Draft (by a wide margin) if not for his injuries. I'd still Draft him over Lacy straight up right now on potential (but definitely not with a first rounder). That's how you find bargains in the Draft.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Jewell Hampton is NOT Frank Gore and will not be anything close to him. He didn't even earn a roster spot. It's like saying that Josh Johnson was the next scrambling Steve Young. You may not like Lattimore and that is fine but dropping the Hampton-Gore comparison into the convo is just silly.

We don't need 'another' RB but we do need a feature back of the future, which Lattimore, if healthy, will be for an NFL team. I'd like it to be the Niners in the 2014 or 15 season.

The Niners need to mix in some solid picks with a couple of upside picks with the choices they have in this Draft. The team is too talented and too deep to Draft guys as projects in late rounds and hide them on the 53. It makes much more sense to do it on the IR or PUP list with a guy like Lattimore. He's be the top RB in this Draft (by a wide margin) if not for his injuries. I'd still Draft him over Lacy straight up right now on potential (but definitely not with a first rounder). That's how you find bargains in the Draft.

He's as much Frank Gore as Lattimore is. We did the same thing with Hampton, that you're now advocating we do with Lattimore, except we didnt waste a draft pick on Hampton. Hampton DID earn a roster spot. How else would you explain him being on the 53 after he came off the PUP list, mid-season? And its not silly at all actually, Hampton IS a very good back. Maybe you didn't bother to pay attention to him when he was at Iowa but I, along with alot of ppl were very impressed with him before he suffered his injuries, very samilar to Gore's plight in college . His running style is almost a carbon copy of Gore and its been well documented. The 3rd round is not the round to be using 'red-shirts' on draft picks. If Lattimore falls to the fifth round or beyond, sure by all means. But that's too high to be using picks at a position that has no roster availability at the moment. I'm not saying don't draft Lattimore as much as I'm saying don't waste a 3rd round pick on Lattimore. I really don't see RB as a position when need to waste any pick. We can always find RBs. You can find them every draft. But I wouldnt be opposed to a late round flyer on a guy. But defintely not as high as a third rounder.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-22-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's as much Frank Gore as Lattimore is. We did the same thing with Hampton, that you're now advocating we do with Lattimore, except we didnt waste a draft pick on Hampton. Hampton DID earn a roster spot. How else would you explain him being on the 53 after he came off the PUP list, mid-season? And its not silly at all actually, Hampton IS a very good back. Maybe you didn't bother to pay attention to him when he was at Iowa but I, along with alot of ppl were very impressed with him before he suffered his injuries, very samilar to Gore's plight in college . His running style is almost a carbon copy of Gore and its been well documented. The 3rd round is not the round to be using 'red-shirts' on draft picks. If Lattimore falls to the fifth round or beyond, sure by all means. But that's too high to be using picks at a position that has no roster availability at the moment. I'm not saying don't draft Lattimore as much as I'm saying don't waste a 3rd round pick on Lattimore. I really don't see RB as a position when need to waste any pick. We can always find RBs. You can find them every draft. But I wouldnt be opposed to a late round flyer on a guy. But defintely not as high as a third rounder.
I would say Lattimore in the fourth is worth the gamble. As far as him vs. Hampton Lattimore even at 90% is a better back than Hampton. People were impressed with Hampton before his injures yes. Lattimore was a top 20-25 lock before his. I think Gruden said it best if you're a good enough back to make a guy like Spurrier run the ball that many times that's saying something.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does Hampton have some upside that the Niners like enough to keep him around for competitive purposes? Yes.

Was he a nice undrafted pick up? Sure.

however, I completely disagree that Hampton's talents are near the same as those of Lattimore, especially with the comparison to Gore. Yes, there are some common traits with them all when it relates to ugly injury histories in college, running style (falling for a couple extra yards, etc.) but there is a talent gap that makes the Lattimore-Gore comparison more realistic to me.

Hampton did not have anything close to the notoriety coming out of high school that Lattimore did nor did his production and 'eye test' match Lattimore's in college IMO.

I don't see Anthony Dixon making the team next year and that could open up a spot for Hampton. Keeping Lattimore on the IR for the year and having him learn under Gore, Rathman, etc. could be a great move for the Niners.

An end of the 3rd Round pick (at the earliest) on an upside guy like him that likely may not even require a valuable roster spot for a year could be a very savvy Draft move. It's completely situational logic based on where the Niners look to be going in the next couple years and the amount of draft picks they have this year in comparison to the projected available roster spots. If they were rebuilding altogether with many needs and available roster spots, then a risky guy like Lattimore would have to wait longer in the Draft until he had more value. That's not where this team is at and I believe there is enough value late in the 3rd to take him. If they could get him after that, I'd be ecstatic but I don't see him falling too much further.

I think that Hampton (without other competition) could beat out Dixon for a spot on the 53 next year but that's not my point. It's the long term future of the club and I believe Lattimore has some star potential whereas Hampton could be a nice pairing guy with quicker LMJ and Hunter. Time will tell but it is a move that makes sense for the Niners considering the circumstances, should they see it the same way.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 04-22-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like overkill to draft a RB in the top 100 again...that would probably mean they doubt one of Hunter or James, because there's only so many attempts to go around.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I could care less what guys were ranked coming out of high school. Since when does that validate ANYTHING when evaluating prospects and their fit on a NFL roster? Hampton is just as talented as Lattimore, RIGHT NOW, imo. Lattimore will never be the back he was. Just like Gore was never the back he was before his injuries. So what he was in high school or what he was at S. Carolina is pretty much irrelevant. He shredded every major ligament in his knee. He shattered his knee cap. Some doctors are predicting he will never play again. Its not the same as tearing his ACL in both knees, like Gore and Hampton. That's a sprained ankle compared to what he has to comeback from. I not betting against him becuase I like the kid but drooling over what he was isn't going to change that in all likelihood, he'll never be that back again. At least I saw Hampton play, after his two major injuries and saw he was pretty much the same kind of player. Didn't lose much, if any explosion, and was pretty much the player I had seen at Iowa. Your hoping and wishing Lattimore is anywhere close to the player he once was. There's a lot of unknown there, to risk a 3rd rounder. There is still very good talent in the 3rd round. You may potentially miss out on drafting a Navarro Bowman or a Cully by taking a gamble on Lattimore. I just don't feel he is worth it. We'll just agree to disagree.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
I could care less what guys were ranked coming out of high school. Since when does that validate ANYTHING when evaluating prospects and their fit on a NFL roster? Hampton is just as talented as Lattimore, RIGHT NOW, imo. Lattimore will never be the back he was. Just like Gore was never the back he was before his injuries. So what he was in high school or what he was at S. Carolina is pretty much irrelevant. He shredded every major ligament in his knee. He shattered his knee cap. Some doctors are predicting he will never play again. Its not the same as tearing his ACL in both knees, like Gore and Hampton. That's a sprained ankle compared to what he has to comeback from. I not betting against him becuase I like the kid but drooling over what he was isn't going to change that in all likelihood, he'll never be that back again. At least I saw Hampton play, after his two major injuries and saw he was pretty much the same kind of player. Didn't lose much, if any explosion, and was pretty much the player I had seen at Iowa. Your hoping and wishing Lattimore is anywhere close to the player he once was. There's a lot of unknown there, to risk a 3rd rounder. There is still very good talent in the 3rd round. You may potentially miss out on drafting a Navarro Bowman or a Cully by taking a gamble on Lattimore. I just don't feel he is worth it. We'll just agree to disagree.
Just to add for a final point Lattimore's injury for as gruesome as it was doesn't figure to have any long term lasting effects. There was no nerve damage, or anything that will linger long term. It was just the tear of three ligaments which granted hurts, but with medical technology there is no reason he can't come back stronger than he did before. If there was serious cartiledge damage or worse yet nerve damage (like what ended Tyrone Prothro's) career then there would be a legit concern he'd never return to form.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just to add for a final point Lattimore's injury for as gruesome as it was doesn't figure to have any long term lasting effects. There was no nerve damage, or anything that will linger long term. It was just the tear of three ligaments which granted hurts, but with medical technology there is no reason he can't come back stronger than he did before. If there was serious cartiledge damage or worse yet nerve damage (like what ended Tyrone Prothro's) career then there would be a legit concern he'd never return to form.
That's one opinion. And here's another...
Quote:
One NFL scout says South Carolina trainers are wary about whether Marcus Lattimore will make it back from his torn right ACL, PCL, and LCL. He also dislocated his right kneecap. Lattimore shredded so many pieces of his knee that we've had a hard time keeping track. He also tore his left ACL the year before. "I've had trainers tell me he's so far away," said the scout. "One told me he's not going to make it back ever. Others say he'll get back to a certain level. It's a tough repair and a tough rehab." We do think Lattimore will be play-ready by 2014, but are very skeptical he'll ever recapture pre-injuries form.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont understand the fascination with Lattimore. Like Vayfa said, the guy completely tore up his knee/leg and isnt worth anything higher than a 4th rounder and even then, I probably wouldnt even bother. Just not worth the pick and with Gore around for at least another two years plus Hunter, James and Hampton, we dont need him whatsoever.

I would rather send a late round draft pick to TB for Blount than draft Larrimore. Blount had a 1000 yard season two years ago and a 5.0 average. Has a lot of wear and tear left and is still young (26 or 27) and could be what we wished Dixon would have been. My only complaint with Blount were the amount of fumbles he had. Solve that and for a late rounder, he's a steal. And yes, I know that he would have to be re-signed in 2014 since he's playing under a one year RFA tender but even for just a year, a late rounder that wouldnt even make the final 53 would be worth it so we can keep Gore fresh come playoff time.

Other than that, I wouldnt bother with RB at all. And draft wise, I had an excellent scenario but since CLE doesnt have a 2nd rounder, my scenario went down the drain. :(
Old 04-22-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
torn right ACL, PCL, and LCL. He also dislocated his right kneecap. Lattimore shredded so many pieces of his knee that we've had a hard time keeping track. He also tore his left ACL the year before.
Jesus Christ, thats worse than what I thought it was. STAY AWAY!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

We'll agree to disagree Vafy. Lattimore likely won't end up on this deep Niners roster so we'll see how he does in the league. Barring another major setback, I see him having a solid career. You can back Hampton and we'll see where each is at in a few years and if one or both of them are selling insurance instead of toting the rock for a living.

Personally, I just believe in the guy. There are exceptions to every rule and I was voicing my opinion that I believe in the guy and what he can still be. Kid has a major chip on his shoulder. I wasn't looking for anyone's approval; just sharing that he is one of the guys I believe in this Draft. If I'm rolling the dice, it's on a kid like that.

And as far as high school rankings, they have an impact. A lot of highly touted/recruited high school players that don't have the greatest career/impact/production in college will often get drafted over others because they did show excellence at some point. One of many recent examples of this is Bryce Brown with the Eagles last year. A 7th Round pick that ended up being a great steal, filling in admirably for McCoy when he went down. They acknowledged that they had them on their radar because he was such a special player coming into college that he was worth a pick to see if he could revive his career.

If the Niners do take a risky pick, it could end up being the honey badger as he could potentially fill two roles for the Niners- Nickel back and returner.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I dont understand the fascination with Lattimore.

I would rather send a late round draft pick to TB for Blount than draft Larrimore. Blount had a 1000 yard season two years ago and a 5.0 average. Has a lot of wear and tear left and is still young (26 or 27) and could be what we wished Dixon would have been. My only complaint with Blount were the amount of fumbles he had. Solve that and for a late rounder, he's a steal. And yes, I know that he would have to be re-signed in 2014 since he's playing under a one year RFA tender but even for just a year, a late rounder that wouldnt even make the final 53 would be worth it so we can keep Gore fresh come playoff time.
No offense Dan, but there seem to be a lot of things you don't always 'understand.'

Blount is a worse, less proven Brandon Jacobs. No thanks. There was a reason that another bruising back in the muscle hamster was taken in the FIRST ROUND right after Blount's 1,000 yard season and that Blount wasn't signed to a contract extension; they don't believe Blount can be the guy. He's a role player for them and that's it. Just remember that a lot of guys had 1,000 yard seasons just because they received a bunch of carries on a team that didn't have anyone better yet. Remember Reuben Droughns?!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We'll agree to disagree Vafy. Lattimore likely won't end up on this deep Niners roster so we'll see how he does in the league. Barring another major setback, I see him having a solid career. You can back Hampton and we'll see where each is at in a few years and if one or both of them are selling insurance instead of toting the rock for a living.

Personally, I just believe in the guy. There are exceptions to every rule and I was voicing my opinion that I believe in the guy and what he can still be. Kid has a major chip on his shoulder. I wasn't looking for anyone's approval; just sharing that he is one of the guys I believe in this Draft. If I'm rolling the dice, it's on a kid like that.

And as far as high school rankings, they have an impact. A lot of highly touted/recruited high school players that don't have the greatest career/impact/production in college will often get drafted over others because they did show excellence at some point. One of many recent examples of this is Bryce Brown with the Eagles last year. A 7th Round pick that ended up being a great steal, filling in admirably for McCoy when he went down. They acknowledged that they had them on their radar because he was such a special player coming into college that he was worth a pick to see if he could revive his career.

If the Niners do take a risky pick, it could end up being the honey badger as he could potentially fill two roles for the Niners- Nickel back and returner.
And all I said was I didn't think it would be wise to spend a 3rd rounder on him. I wasn't attacking you personally, just that I had seen that same sentiment expressed by a lot of Niner fans about taking him in the 2nd or 3rd, and I didn't agree with the move. Like I said, I'm rooting for him. I just dont agree with his worth on draft day. I think he comes off the board 4th-5th round. I think Baalke would defintely would take a hard look at him in the 5th or if he fell further. Like MaGahee before him, I have no doubt he'll comeback and see the field but not as the player he was, pre-injury. He can be as detemined as he wants but we're talking about major knee re-construction. I tend to be more of a pessimist when its comes to that sort of thing.

And I think your selling Hampton short. For him to make a our roster last year, at a position as stacked as RB was, being a UDFA I think speaks to his ability. I believe we're really high on him and I think he's a lot more than camp fodder. His build, running style, and burst makes him a ideal replacement for Gore if he develops like I believe he will.

And I will stand by my statements about hs rankings. Most of those rankings stem from kids performances and participation in 7 on 7 showcases and Combine-like camps across the country in the spring and less about what they do on their hs teams. Kids who dont participate in these events, more often than not are giving lower rankings. I've seen it first hand, it's alot politics and posturing with college coaches and recruiting sites like Rivals and Scout. Plenty of lowly recruited kids go on to blossom in college and make the most of their opportunities there, and then go on to be superstars at the pro level. A guy like CK is a testament to that.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucky Brooks from NFL N mocked our first 3 rounds like this

Round 1 - Margus Hunt DT
Round 2 - Zach Ertz TE
Round 2B - Logan Ryan CB
Round 3 - Ryan Swope WR

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-ca...und-mock-draft

I wouldn't mind this draft. It seems like everyone is trying to draft us a TE in the second. I wouldn't hate just not the need for now.I'd go with a safety IMO. But I like the rest of the picks. It does seem Hunt is moving up the drafted boards again.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post

Round 1 - Margus Hunt DT
Round 2 - Zach Ertz TE
Round 2B - Logan Ryan CB
Round 3 - Ryan Swope WR

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-ca...und-mock-draft

I wouldn't mind this draft. It seems like everyone is trying to draft us a TE in the second. I wouldn't hate just not the need for now.I'd go with a safety IMO. But I like the rest of the picks. It does seem Hunt is moving up the drafted boards again.
Yuck Bucky Brooks is an idiot. I don't know how he got so many scouting jobs. The information he puts out always has me scratching my head.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Swope though in the 3rd if he makes it that far.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
No offense Dan, but there seem to be a lot of things you don't always 'understand.'

Blount is a worse, less proven Brandon Jacobs. No thanks. There was a reason that another bruising back in the muscle hamster was taken in the FIRST ROUND right after Blount's 1,000 yard season and that Blount wasn't signed to a contract extension; they don't believe Blount can be the guy. He's a role player for them and that's it. Just remember that a lot of guys had 1,000 yard seasons just because they received a bunch of carries on a team that didn't have anyone better yet. Remember Reuben Droughns?!
Blount not getting a chance last year was due to his fumbles and the fact that the current coaching staff didnt acquire him in the first place. I think that Blount could be better than Jacobs and Droughns (yes, I remember him from DEN) but he hasnt been given a chance. But to each his own.

As for me not understanding your fasination with Lattimore, you're right, I dont. He completely tore up his knee and why you would want to use a draft pick (especially in the third round) on a guy who'll basically be useless for us in 2013 (and perhaps beyond) is something I dont understand because it doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever.

And yeah, I would rather use a 4th on Mathieu than any pick on Lattimore but to each his own.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post

Round 1 - Margus Hunt DT
Round 2 - Zach Ertz TE
Round 2B - Logan Ryan CB
Round 3 - Ryan Swope WR
Ugh. Personal preference FAIL.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might be changing my mind about the 49ers and their corner situation. I think we have a good group going right now with Cox, Brown, Rogers, Culliver, and Brock. However, with teams loving to spread everyone out constantly, it might not be a bad idea to invest in a top corner early on. Rogers is 32 I think, and I have a feeling he won't be around much longer.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Might be changing my mind about the 49ers and their corner situation. I think we have a good group going right now with Cox, Brown, Rogers, Culliver, and Brock. However, with teams loving to spread everyone out constantly, it might not be a bad idea to invest in a top corner early on. Rogers is 32 I think, and I have a feeling he won't be around much longer.
I'm hoping for D.J. Hayden at 31 if DE Datone Jones is gone. I think that if we draft a CB early, there's a chance that Rogers gets released or traded by final cuts. Also, the way Culliver has been acting, I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Baalke trade him as well. Dont forget Asomugha. :)