Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it Mike Mayock ugh its gonna be a long night tomorrow

Mayock's first round draft hits the net

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-mayock/171006
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Evening beetches. Just got back from 8 days in ******* Cabo. Goddamn paradise. Talk about giving zero ***** about the draft now. I will enjoy the overreactions and disappointments though. Always do. Baalke and Harbaugh know what the **** they're doing. I'm on board.

Hoping for Hunter though. I think he has T.O. potential. Just my personal viewpoint.

Try to enjoy it guys.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Evening beetches. Just got back from 8 days in ******* Cabo. Goddamn paradise. Talk about giving zero ***** about the draft now. I will enjoy the overreactions and disappointments though. Always do. Baalke and Harbaugh know what the **** they're doing. I'm on board.

Hoping for Hunter though. I think he has T.O. potential. Just my personal viewpoint.

Try to enjoy it guys.
Welcome back. I always welcome the newest 49ers with open arms. I don't know which players Baalke and Harbaugh are targeting, but I'm itching to find out who they are. Can't wait.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Draft Eve friends! 13 picks! This is gonna be exciting at the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Happy Draft Eve friends! 13 picks! This is gonna be exciting at the very least.
YES indeed! Happy draft eve! I swear this whole trading up thing is getting out of hand for Sf. I know it can happen but I just wanna trade into to the top 10 and lose our second round picks one is ok just not all of them . Ugh gonna be a long day tomorrow.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the 49ers had the 1st pick in the draft, they would select whom? (No trade backs)

1. Star Lotolelei
2. Dion Jordan
3. Dee Millner
4. Shariff Floyd
5. Tavon Austin
6. Bark Mingo
7. Ezekiel Ansah
8. Luke Joekel
9. Eric Fisher
10. Cordalle Patterson

I would lean towards Star because he's a dominant 3-4 guy who can play all 3 positions and he's athletic enough to stay on the field on 3rd down.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
YES indeed! Happy draft eve! I swear this whole trading up thing is getting out of hand for Sf. I know it can happen but I just wanna trade into to the top 10 and lose our second round picks one is ok just not all of them . Ugh gonna be a long day tomorrow.
Save the picks!!!!! Only trade #74!!!

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My first, last and only mock draft -

1/31 - DE Datone Jones
2/34 - CB D.J. Hayden
2/61 - FS D.J. Swearinger
3/74 - C Barrett Jones
3/93 - TE Vance McDonald
4/128 - SS Duke Williams
4/131 (comp) - CB Tyrann Mathieu
5/157 - OT Jordan Mills
6/175 - WR Chris Harper
6/180 - OLB Brandon Jenkins
7/227 - K Dustin Hopkins
7/246 (comp) - OG Ryan Jensen
7/252 (comp) - DT T.J. Barnes

First three rounds are from my three round mock draft that I posted in the mock draft forum. Round four is two players im hoping for. Rounds five, six and seven is just filler.

Yes, I know I pretty much got everyone I wanted but it is my mock draft after all. I have noticed that the majority of people who post mock drafts always seem to get who they want for their own team. Of course, thats what makes it fun too. And yes, I know that we'll trade up a few times or trade down or trade for 2014 draft picks.

Last edited by dan77733 : 04-25-2013 at 01:04 AM.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
My first, last and only mock draft -

1/31 - DE Datone Jones
2/34 - CB D.J. Hayden
2/61 - FS D.J. Swearinger
3/74 - C Barrett Jones
3/93 - TE Vance McDonald
4/128 - SS Duke Williams
4/131 (comp) - CB Tyrann Mathieu
5/157 - OT Jordan Mills
6/175 - WR Chris Harper
6/180 - OLB Brandon Jenkins
7/227 - K Dustin Hopkins
7/246 (comp) - OG Ryan Jensen
7/252 (comp) - DT T.J. Barnes

First three rounds are from my three round mock draft that I posted in the mock draft forum. Round four is two players im hoping for. Rounds five, six and seven is just filler.

Yes, I know I pretty much got everyone I wanted but it is my mock draft after all. I have noticed that the majority of people who post mock drafts always seem to get who they want for their own team. Of course, thats what makes it fun too. And yes, I know that we'll trade up a few times or trade down or trade for 2014 draft picks.
Probably too good to be true but, SWEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Try to enjoy it guys.
What did you do in Cabo?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

My last fantasy draft:

31) DJ Hayden
34) Datone Jones
61) David Amerson
74) D.J. Swearinger
93) Jordan Reed
128) Marcus Lattimore
131) Michael Buchanon
157) Matt Scott
175) Marcus Davis
180) Dustin Hopkins
237) Vinston Painter
246) Chris Gragg
252) TJ Barnes

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What did you do in Cabo?
I love Cabo, it's the only place I vacation. Did you go to Billigans or The Office? How about Cabo Wabo or Squid Roe?

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What did you do in Cabo?
I went with my girlfriend so it followed this general pattern:

Wake up sex
Lunch
Get wasted on beach
Late afternoon sex
Nap
Restaurant Dinner
Bar/club hoping
Sex
Passout

Rinse and repeat.

It was so ******* epic.

Also, ... go Niners.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I love Cabo, it's the only place I vacation. Did you go to Billigans or The Office? How about Cabo Wabo or Squid Roe?
Billygans most days. Mango Deck once but they caught me sneaking in my homemade Margs and also Tecates so I bailed. Always stopped at Cabo Wabo for a beer each night but mostly hit up the smaller local stuff. 2 beers & 2 shots for $5 at Happy Endings was pretty much my home base.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Billygans most days. Mango Deck once but they caught me sneaking in my homemade Margs and also Tecates so I bailed. Always stopped at Cabo Wabo for a beer each night but mostly hit up the smaller local stuff. 2 beers & 2 shots for $5 at Happy Endings was pretty much my home base.
I went so often to Billigans that they all remembered me the following year...really fun place. i love all of their contests, I enter every single one, every day...

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice to see you happier than a few months ago and while I dont drink, $5 for 2 beers AND 2 shots???? Jeez...here in NYC, you'll be lucky to get ONE beer for $5. And I love that club name...Happy Endings. :P
Old 04-25-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I went so often to Billigans that they all remembered me the following year...really fun place. i love all of their contests, I enter every single one, every day...
Haha. Yeah. I got pics with the Federali guy (Marcos) outside Billygans. He's friends with my gf lol. I won the 80's music trivia contest two days in a row. Fairly proud of that, although it was mostly 90s and 70s stuff.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Probably too good to be true but, SWEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
And im pissed....forgot to add Lawrence Okoye with a late round draft pick. I always think that I have every player and then, whoops, someone else pops up. LOL.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:34 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merry draftmas everybody. Feels like we've talked about this draft forever.

With less than 24 hours left, what's everyone's final prediction for the 1st round? Ill guess a trade up with 31,61, and a 5 or 6 to the midteens, like pick 15 (saints don't have a 2nd and are desperate for picks). We pick either tank carradine or Sheldon Richardson. That's my guess and ill probably be wrong lol
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:11 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Merry draftmas everybody. Feels like we've talked about this draft forever.

With less than 24 hours left, what's everyone's final prediction for the 1st round? Ill guess a trade up with 31,61, and a 5 or 6 to the midteens, like pick 15 (saints don't have a 2nd and are desperate for picks). We pick either tank carradine or Sheldon Richardson. That's my guess and ill probably be wrong lol
I think a DB or DL will be the pick, via trade up or standing pat at 31. I think I'll probably be wrong, as well. Lol.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
ndbigdave
Rookie

ndbigdave hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lifelong 49ers fan and LONG time lurker (with only a handful of messages), happy Draft Day fellow Niners fans!

Exciting time as it has been for me as a draftnik (*nerd*).

The 49ers having such flexibility is really exciting, abut I do also fear where this may end up (a trade up sounds fun in theory, until we shoot through our picks). As I mentioned yesterday, I really wouldnt be totally upset if we moved back slightly from back #31 and #34 to pile up picks in rounds 2, 3 and 4 (while also getting picks for the future).

My thought process really revolves around positional value, board value and pick value. If we REALLY want to go Safety, DE and/or NT/DT then we can afford to move back a bit as the players are rated pretty similarly and there is depth in this draft.
ndbigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
CeA87
Rookie

CeA87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Scott giving us Allen in the 3rd round is pretty sexy, although I see him quite similar to Crabs. Huge value there.
CeA87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
CeA87
Rookie

Never realized I didn't post in the Forums before. Been lurking around for 4 years already.
So hi @ all
Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
CeA87
Rookie

Schefter reporting that we want to move up to 12/13 to scoop Richardson. I'd like that idea, but with Haarbalke that would mean we would grab someone completely different.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeA87 View Post
Schefter reporting that we want to move up to 12/13 to scoop Richardson. I'd like that idea, but with Haarbalke that would mean we would grab someone completely different.
Sometimes the rumors that come out just before the draft are the most legit. For example, in 2011 everyone thought the broncos wanted marcel dares. 2 days before the draft it emerged that they liked Von miller. Everyone thought smokescreen, but it was true...Dareus was the smokescreen. Maybe a similar situation for us.

I don't mind trading up, just don't go crazy with the compensation. Yu pay too much and no player can live up to that. Didn't the chargers trade up from 28 to 12 in 2010 with only pick 28, a late 2nd, and a 5th? When they picked Ryan Matthews...that sounds like good deal for us.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote